Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

I don't understand the "OMFG MW2 is so unbalanced!!!" whining

• 150 results
    ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By ErgoProxy77
    @kenya24: I totally agree with you.  Need I say more?
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By kenya24
    @heatDrive88: I really liked BF 1943... but none of my friends would play it.

I played a bit of that modern battlefield game that came out before COD4, but I think the combination of large maps and my short attention span prevented me from really getting into it. I did enjoy it though.

I suppose what I really want is a game that's as fast as COD4/MW2 but actually makes teams play like team BF.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By kenya24
    @pause422 said:
    " There is no question that the game is extremely unbalanced."
    I think there's no question that it IS balanced. Clearly we're both wrong and there are many questions...
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By rjaylee
    @kenya24 said:
    " @heatDrive88: I suppose what I really want is a game that's as fast as COD4/MW2 but actually makes teams play like team BF. "

I think the last game that I played that could fill this was Team Fortress Classic. I'd maybe say TF2, but I haven't played it myself (although I've heard positive things). TFC was fantastic though and had a lot of great moments.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By pause422

No, there is none, but you're free to think otherwise. Its simple.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By EpicSteve
    @theguy said:
    " ive seen level 3s matched up with lv 70 prestiges. "
    This. I wish the game took in consideration of a player's rank. While every player has access to exploits such as the knifing class, it still shouldn't be there.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @Fosssil: You took the words right out of my mouth. Infinity Wards killstreak system and slippery slope gameplay are garbage. Also, am I the only person who thinks that the dog killstreak makes absolutely no fucking sense?
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kenya24
    @EpicSteve:  
    Putting something like that (similar rank) into the game basically changes it completely and fundamentally.

First, rank is really just a function of time. Some people level faster, but given enough time, everybody levels up regardless of their actual ability to play. The addictive "level up" mechanic of the game then must be scrapped or at least heavily tweaked to accomodate a different type of matchmaking.

Secondly, as it stands right now, there are essentially 700 unique levels a player can achieve. There would have to be far fewer levels to make matchmaking a possibility.

Thirdly, and this pretains to both point 1 and 2, there would have to be punishment. As it stands now, MW2 rewards you for everything, including dying. Sooner or later it would have to punish you and deny you points to get you at the "right" level. 

Also quality level based matchmaking takes some crazy nerdy math.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SathingtonWaltz said:
    " @Fosssil: You took the words right out of my mouth. Infinity Wards killstreak system and slippery slope gameplay are garbage. Also, am I the only person who thinks that the dog killstreak makes absolutely no fucking sense? "
    ...What dog killstreak?  That was only in World at War.  But yeah, it was a pretty dumb killstreak.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Akeldama
    @kenya24: Dual wielding shotguns. 
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By immike

The game is definitely unbalanced. There are some kits that are wayyy more effective than other kits. Just because everyone has access to all of the kits does not mean they are balanced, or that everyone is going to use the same load outs. Know what I mean? The guns, weapon addons, and perks have to be balanced against each other. The maps are mostly huge with a few exceptions making SMG's very underpowered in a lot of situations. The famous One-Man-Army/Nube Toob loadout is completely unfair. Etc etc. 

I hope you really wanted some good feedback and aren't just trolling. As for the whining, I don't whine, I just stop playing the game altogether. Problem Solved!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By natetodamax

So if somebody runs around with the commando perk stabbing people from 5 feet away and gets a harrier jet that completely destroys everyone it's a balanced game? Don't make me laugh, this game isn't necessarily bad but it's the farthest thing from balanced.

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By voodooterror

easy way to combat commando....shotgun with grip

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Sil3n7
    @immike said:

" The game is definitely unbalanced. There are some kits that are wayyy more effective than other kits. Just because everyone has access to all of the kits does not mean they are balanced, or that everyone is going to use the same load outs. Know what I mean? The guns, weapon addons, and perks have to be balanced against each other. The maps are mostly huge with a few exceptions making SMG's very underpowered in a lot of situations. The famous One-Man-Army/Nube Toob loadout is completely unfair. Etc etc.  I hope you really wanted some good feedback and aren't just trolling. As for the whining, I don't whine, I just stop playing the game altogether. Problem Solved! "

If thats the case why do so many people claim to have found "the best gun and perks to use" 
    Also why don't you come across people all using the exact same thing online?

Guess why! .... beacuse they all feel like theirs is the best. That is the true end result of a balanced game.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kenya24
    @immike: Nonono, definitely wanted good feedback, and I think have gotten some too. I have yet to see an argument that truly sways me though. The OMA/noob tube is probably the trickiest to deal with though. I for one, feel it's against the spirit the game, but I do however believe that if everyone has access to a strategy, then how could it possibly be considered unbalanced? Plus, I don't believe it's all that prevalent. The only place I've ever seen it is on Youtube, and I'm right around 2000 games played.

SMGs do get a bit nerfed... Maybe a map pack will make them more an option for people.

And the dual shotgun thing doesn't really seem unbalanced because for the most part, you just shoot them from farther. Plus "those" people that play like that are never very high on the leaderbaords post-game.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kenya24
    @VoodooTerror: Another great way to combat commando? Shoot them in the head. You need to kill with as few shots as possible.

Plus big killstreaks with commando shouldn't really happen. That's teams that aren't paying any attention.

@natetodamax: But if you get a killstreak with an M4 instead of a knife it's balanced and ok? That makes no sense.
    voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By voodooterror
    @kenya24: exactly, while commando does seem to teleport players, the only time it makes a difference is if the enemy is in front of you, and if you've let them get that close then you deserve to die
    pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By pplus0440

It unbalanced because the game rewards players who are doing really well...by allowing them to do even better. A guy is 7-0 now hes got his skill and a harrier and sudenly is 15-0, while players who are new are not as good are left to get the shit kicked out of them. Also the game has serious respawn issues. I've respawned in the crosshairs of a sniper, in the middle of multiple airstrikes, and usually in the middle of swarms of enemies.
    Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Andheez
    @kenya24: 

MW2 Does NOT reward you for everything, it certainly doesnt reward you for sticking to an objective.  My biggest problem with the game is mostly the way people are playing, I can play a Sabotage game (my fav) where literally NOONE besides me will pick up the bomb.  Also I feel the maps AND weapons are conducive to camping, which most people do, and are rewarded for their 'kill streaks'.  This might be fine and dandy for Deathmatch, but I hate Deathmatch and only play objective games.

Basically I feel that unless you choose some kind of extreme class, ie knife class, explosive class, sniper class you are going to get owned.  There is no just grabbing a gun of the rack and strolling into battle, my skill trumps yours, not a paper rock scissors of class abilities,which is what made COD4 so great.  Also the maps in COD4 put MW2 maps to shame.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kenya24
    @pplus0440:  What's the difference between 7-0 and 15-0? You're already getting completely dominated. If they're going to kill you at a rate of anything more than 1:1, you're going to lose TDM anyway. If anything, the killstreak will just end the game sooner so you can play with different people and better teams.

Respawn issues yes, but goes both ways.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By natetodamax
    @kenya24 said:
     @natetodamax: But if you get a killstreak with an M4 instead of a knife it's balanced and ok? That makes no sense. "
    It's more balanced than a jerk running around at top speed without stopping and doing a Halo style knife lunge into my face. This game isn't meant to be realistic but come on.
    ryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ryuken

haha this is funny, I find that so many people take the easy way out in this game its never played like any real battle. dual anything is stupid and i think it ruined the game, but then again people hate scavenger and I freaken love it. If your ever forced to change your loadout to deal with dualing fucktards then you know the game is fucked. don't get me wrong its fun... but I liked waw way better I prestiged 6 times on that mug... then I got mw2 and MAG came out goodbye mw 2  then the demo for bc:2 came out ! hell's yeah I'm in fps heaven give me MAG and BC:2 and I'm goooood.  MW2 multiplayer is a magnet for shit and I'm happy walking the other way.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By kenya24
    @Andheez:  I have also found some of the objective games to be frustrating due to everyone's "style of play".

In terms of camping, as maps get more objects on them, get more complicated, and more realistic, camping will get worse. It probably is worse in MW2 because people die with so few bullets.

I generally don't play as any extreme class, and I do fine. Very little is more satisfying that popping a sniper in the face from across the map with my RPD or ACR.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Burns098356GX

The only thing that really really bugs me is heartbeat sensors. It takes the element or surprise away if your opponent can get a reasonable guess on where you are. 
    I think they should make it so coldblooded can't see a heartbeat. I think its stupid that you have to use 1 whole perk on not being seen by them.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know that I'd say balance is the game's issue. There's nothing like Halo 2's Energy Sword that totally shifts the playing field in one direction or the other. That "Slippery Slope" argument presumes the losing player is not reacting and is continuing to use a failing tactic--say charging a enemy nest--that is resulting in the winning team racking up kills. Killstreaks are really easily countered and even more easily avoided, and the notion that "once you fall behind, you're stuck behind" is kind of ludicrous. A situation like that becomes dependent mostly on player skill and team coordination. 

I would be more willing to argue that the game's maps or the arbitrarily goofy spawn system or the dumb-ass matchmaking are serious faults of the design, but I'm pretty sure it's not an issue of balance. 

This, also, is not a game where you can (generally, speaking) run and gun with errant disregard for self-preservation. That's not a fault of the game design, it's a product of it. We're not playing Halo, where it takes half a Battle Rifle clip or two grenades to kill an opponent. We're playing a game where--literally--a single bullet to the head can and will kill you.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @xobballox: I was talking generic Killstreaks. Not ones specific to MW2. 
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kenya24
    @natetodamax:  It's kind of silly that in this thread we've covered camping, knifing, thermal scopes, dual wielding, explosives, killstreaks, shotguns, marathon+lightweight and yet for some reason the game still doesn't have balance. Everyone thinks that there's ONE PROBLEM. This thread is perfect evidence that there are so many very effective strategies. People just complain about the balance because the style of play that they are using doesn't jive with one of the complaints I've listed above.

And the best part is, I don't dual wield, snipe, knife (often), camp, use shotguns, noobtube and I have no issues getting kills and winning with the starting weapons.

It's balanced. I'm more convinced of it than ever.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenya24 said:
    " @pplus0440:  What's the difference between 7-0 and 15-0? You're already getting completely dominated. If they're going to kill you at a rate of anything more than 1:1, you're going to lose TDM anyway. If anything, the killstreak will just end the game sooner so you can play with different people and better teams. Respawn issues yes, but goes both ways. "
    I also want to point out that if someone lets a harrier get any more than 3 kills, its just people being bad at the game.  They can be taken down rather quickly even with just regular weapons, you don't even have to use a rocket launcher for those and with a rocket launcher they are easily taken down.  If people aren't shooting down killstreaks, obviously they're going to make a big difference to the other team.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By crunchUK

OP has clearly not played many competitive games.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SathingtonWaltz said:
    " @xobballox: I was talking generic Killstreaks. Not ones specific to MW2.  "
    Ah, alright.
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By Fosssil
    @kenya24 said:
    " @Fosssil: 

While I agree that in MW2 there’s a “slippery slope” effect, this is mainly due to players being unwilling to change what they are doing to match the environment they’re playing in. This is not a game imbalance by and large, just a lack of ability (or desire) to analyze and adapt. Should you hear that there’s an enemy AC-130 in the air, then get indoors. Every player regardless of skill or level can do this. When I have a pavelow, and it’s raping the other team, it’s because they just continued to run around outside with their shotguns.

In many ways, for games like TDM, the player that gets killed has the immediate advantage (albeit short term). They get to re-spawn AND they know when, where, and how they were killed. They at the very least have a body of information that for the most part cannot be obtained other than by dying.

"
    A forced adaptation in gameplay is a slippery slope. Whether or not a player behaves intelligently and conservatively when an enemy's killstreak is in effect is largely irrelevant. It doesn't matter if I'm running around in plain sight of a Chopper Gunner, or if I'm laying prone with Cold-Blooded and Ninja behind a stack of boxes inside some well-protected building; the game is still punishing me for not having as many (successive) kills as my opponent. If the opponent has a UAV to go along with that Chopper Gunner, then I'm only protected by Cold-Blooded and luck (assuming, of course, that I've achieved a high enough level to even have Cold-Blooded unlocked). The enemy team is able to run freely around the map thanks to the protection of their air support, and I'm huddled underneath the nearest roof hoping that no one finds and kills me while I wait out the storm. Such a tremendous advantage is hardly fair or balanced, especially when the other team did nothing particularly extraordinary to earn it.

As to your second point about players being given an advantage of knowledge as a result of death: that's a direct result of IW dumbing-down the game. The Killcam is just another method that they have employed to shrink the skill gap and shorten the learning curve for new players. Players should be forced to gather information about their opponents' location through awareness, communication with teammates, and a learned knowledge of the maps and spawn system. Being gifted with such valuable information as a reward for dying is just another reason why the game is so noob-friendly, and one of the many reasons why people decide to so frequently complain about it.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Burns098356GX said:
    " The only thing that really really bugs me is heartbeat sensors. It takes the element or surprise away if your opponent can get a reasonable guess on where you are.  I think they should make it so coldblooded can't see a heartbeat. I think its stupid that you have to use 1 whole perk on not being seen by them. "
    The pro version of that perk is extremely useful though, having almost silent footsteps is great.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kenya24
    @Fosssil said:

A forced adaptation in gameplay is a slippery slope. Whether or not a player behaves intelligently and conservatively when an enemy's killstreak is in effect is largely irrelevant. It doesn't matter if I'm running around in plain sight of a Chopper Gunner, or if I'm laying prone with Cold-Blooded and Ninja behind a stack of boxes inside some well-protected building; the game is still punishing me for not having as many (successive) kills as my opponent. If the opponent has a UAV to go along with that Chopper Gunner, then I'm only protected by Cold-Blooded and luck (assuming, of course, that I've achieved a high enough level to even have Cold-Blooded unlocked). The enemy team is able to run freely around the map thanks to the protection of their air support, and I'm huddled underneath the nearest roof hoping that no one finds and kills me while I wait out the storm. Such a tremendous advantage is hardly fair or balanced, especially when the other team did nothing particularly extraordinary to earn it.

As to your second point about players being given an advantage of knowledge as a result of death: that's a direct result of IW dumbing-down the game. The Killcam is just another method that they have employed to shrink the skill gap and shorten the learning curve for new players. Players should be forced to gather information about their opponents' location through awareness, communication with teammates, and a learned knowledge of the maps and spawn system. Being gifted with such valuable information as a reward for dying is just another reason why the game is so noob-friendly, and one of the many reasons why people decide to so frequently complain about it. "

First, I'm really enjoying your take on the game.

I believe, in it's most basic state, gameplay IS forced adaptation. If you are not reacting to changing circumstances... then where's the game?

If you're in a building because they have killstreaks and a UAV in the air, then really the advantage is yours. There's now limited number of spots where they are going to come at you from. You ALREADY KNOW that they will either walk through the door and try to kill you, or they won't and they're killstreak will end and you will survive.

Aside from you knowing where you died regardless of the kill cam or not, IW did dumb down the game with the kill cam. But only a bit. What that does is force the player that killed you to get smarter. If you do exactly the same thing, in the same places all the time, you're not going to survive. It's a great anti-camping feature really.

The game isn't over just because there's air support. Since it's so easy to get three kills, the losing team can change their fortune just as easily. Some of my most satisfying comebacks are a direct result of this. Heck, there can be opposing team's harrier in the skies at the same time.

It's really only a slippery slope if you let it.
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By immike
    @kenya24: The reason I think that the game is unbalanced is because certain loadouts at this point in time are more effective than others. It's as simple as that. If I use my favorite SMG loadout on a map and someone else is using their favorite Assault Rifle loadout, I am certainly at a disadvantage. There are most certainly maps that suit certain weapons, but if the game had better map design, one would be able to use their preferred weapon without being forced by a particular map. 

For example, SMGs on wasteland or derail are not completely useless, but definitely are frustrating to use. If I were to use an assault rifle (on any map for that matter) i'd be fine. The strategy to using an SMG on a larger map is: A. Don't use it. B. Stay in a specific area for the majority of the game. I'm not saying the game is bad (please don't take it that way), but the game needs some balancing and fixing that could have been handled better.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By crunchUK
    @kenya24 said:
    First, I'm really enjoying your take on the game.  I believe, in it's most basic state, gameplay IS forced adaptation. If you are not reacting to changing circumstances... then where's the game?  If you're in a building because they have killstreaks and a UAV in the air, then really the advantage is yours. There's now limited number of spots where they are going to come at you from. You ALREADY KNOW that they will either walk through the door and try to kill you, or they won't and they're killstreak will end and you will survive. "
    Um, that's his entire point. The game promotes camping. I don't much care for skill gap but there is neither strategic value nor much in the way of entertainment at all in what you've just described.  

And no. "forced adaption" doesn't have to, and shouldn't tie in with gameplay. In essence, adaption is just what's clearly logical and feasible to do in a certain circumstance. Meaning as fossil put it "   If the opponent has a UAV to go along with that Chopper Gunner, then I'm only protected by Cold-Blooded and luck" 

How do you "adapt" to that exactly?
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By immike
    @Sil3n7: Sorry I didn't get to you in my last post, but I couldn't find your comment! lol. Well, it's true that the guns are all powerful and kill with 3-5 shots respectively, but that does not make them balanced toward everything in the game. A noob tuber will almost always kill you with the danger close thing, and, don't get me wrong, I will kill them as well, but it's hard not to admit that they have a distinct advantage. I could go into how killstreak rewards are unbalanced by nature, but that's how the game was developed so I won't go there. I just wanna say that I understand what you mean and felt the same way at sometime while playing, but I still think the game could use some fixing to reach that desired level of quality.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CornontheCobbe

The preset classes are all you ever need really.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By webby
    No Caption Provided
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kenya24
    @crunchUK said:
    If the opponent has a UAV to go along with that Chopper Gunner, then I'm only protected by Cold-Blooded and luck"  How do you "adapt" to that exactly? "
    Well cold-blooded will "generally" protect you from the chopper gunner (they won't see you very easily), and completely from the UAV... So I guess by adapt I mean that if you're used to using stopping power... you'll have to shoot one extra bullet that hits him.

If anything, with cold-blooded, they'll need protection from you since they'll assume that the chopper is killing everyone outside, and their UAV won't pick you up and they'll run around assuming the streets are clear.

It's just NOT a balance issue. It's too easy to counter. People don't, that's why it's a slippery slope.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By kenya24
    @CornontheCobbe: I like the recon one. With the UMP.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By crunchUK
    @kenya24 said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    If the opponent has a UAV to go along with that Chopper Gunner, then I'm only protected by Cold-Blooded and luck"  How do you "adapt" to that exactly? "
    Well cold-blooded will "generally" protect you from the chopper gunner (they won't see you very easily), and completely from the UAV... So I guess by adapt I mean that if you're used to using stopping power... you'll have to shoot one extra bullet that hits him.  If anything, with cold-blooded, they'll need protection from you since they'll assume that the chopper is killing everyone outside, and their UAV won't pick you up and they'll run around assuming the streets are clear.  It's just NOT a balance issue. It's too easy to counter. People don't, that's why it's a slippery slope. "
    But that relies on the who knows factor of me having cold blooded equipped though, you can't adapt since the way to adapt is reliant on inherent gameplay characteristics.  

What your'e saying is that a piss easy yet dominate all setup can be countered by camping... possibly. That isn't balance, at all.
    voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By voodooterror
    @crunchUK said:
    " @kenya24 said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    Well cold-blooded will "generally" protect you from the chopper gunner (they won't see you very easily), and completely from the UAV... So I guess by adapt I mean that if you're used to using stopping power... you'll have to shoot one extra bullet that hits him.  If anything, with cold-blooded, they'll need protection from you since they'll assume that the chopper is killing everyone outside, and their UAV won't pick you up and they'll run around assuming the streets are clear.  It's just NOT a balance issue. It's too easy to counter. People don't, that's why it's a slippery slope. "
    But that relies on the who knows factor of me having cold blooded equipped though, you can't adapt since the way to adapt is reliant on inherent gameplay characteristics.   What your'e saying is that a piss easy yet dominate all setup can be countered by camping... possibly. That isn't balance, at all. "
    balance is countering a technique with the opposite one tho 

so if somebody is running around with "the perfect setup" then by camping you are ready for when he comes round that corner and can kill him, its simple balance 
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @kenya24: Indeed! It's one of the best preset classes, and i usually get a hell of a lot of kills just by using that Recon preset class.
    kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kenya24
    @crunchUK said:

But that relies on the who knows factor of me having cold blooded equipped though, you can't adapt since the way to adapt is reliant on inherent gameplay characteristics.   What your'e saying is that a piss easy yet dominate all setup can be countered by camping... possibly. That isn't balance, at all. "

Relies on having cold blooded equipped? Change your class to one that does. At some point you just shouldn't play the game at all because you're completely unwilling to do anything different and adjust. You are basically just a lemming at this point.

As I said before... there is no "piss easy yet dominate all setup. This thread is the proof. People are complaining about tons of different setups and aspects to the game, meaning there is no one dominate setup. Seriously, not everyone uses the SCAR. Not everyone uses stopping power. Not everyone uses chopper gunner. Not everyone camps, or runs around in the open non stop. Not everyone duals the 1887s. Not everyone duals the glocks. Not everyone knifes.
    shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By shway

I have played this game sense release and ive come with 2 conclusion

1. the spawn system is broken it should read enemy player proximity
    2. if you can  change your class and get good at smg/assault rifles and snipers there is no team you cant beat.

sure i have been killed by many knifers but I have murdered many with 2-3 bullets from my Scar or tar or spaz or anything that shoots really. this game really requires you to react really fast in order to make it balance work. Hay if the team is all snipers and your having trouble getting to them that is what the newbtoob for if people are noobtoobing spread apart and pick them of from diffrent angles. its not a hard game it just requires a bit more addaptation than RAWR I CANT PLAYZ HOWS I WANTZZZ!!!!!111!!1!!! its imbalance!!!11!! its just a fact if you try to snipe in rust you will fail same if you dont check your corners and get knife. check your corners and play smart youll do better this isnt halo with shields this is 3 shots your dead so make it count yo!

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#96  Edited By Andheez

Well Deathmatch aside, I will just say that until they actually give people incentive to play objective maps the way they are supposed to be played (this includes not being able to use the nuke) I will not be playing.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shway said:

" I have played this game sense release and ive come with 2 conclusion  1. the spawn system is broken it should read enemy player proximity 2. if you can  change your class and get good at smg/assault rifles and snipers there is no team you cant beat.  sure i have been killed by many knifers but I have murdered many with 2-3 bullets from my Scar or tar or spaz or anything that shoots really. this game really requires you to react really fast in order to make it balance work. Hay if the team is all snipers and your having trouble getting to them that is what the newbtoob for if people are noobtoobing spread apart and pick them of from diffrent angles. its not a hard game it just requires a bit more addaptation than RAWR I CANT PLAYZ HOWS I WANTZZZ!!!!!111!!1!!! its imbalance!!!11!! its just a fact if you try to snipe in rust you will fail same if you dont check your corners and get knife. check your corners and play smart youll do better this isnt halo with shields this is 3 shots your dead so make it count yo! "

Exactly, just because one setup beats another does not mean its imbalanced.  The only way to have balance the way most people are talking about is to make there only be one gun, perk, and killstreak.  Things counter each other, there is not really a setup that is the end-all, be-all class.  The only thing that I feel is personally imbalanced is the way people can use One Man Army, with a grenade launcher or using scavenger pro with RPGs and grenade launchers.  If you want to stick with one class, say an SMG, then prepare to be countered by longer range things such as snipers and assault rifles, but you will dominate those two in close range.  It's like a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.  Is rock, paper, scissors unbalanced?

As for people hating knife runners, while they can be annoying, but they're completely useless in long range combat or close range versus a shotgun.
    RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By RiddleBrother

i don't understand why people keep posting these threads.

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By kenya24
    @xobballox:  "Good old rock! Nothing beats rock!"
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RiddleBrother said:
    " i don't understand why people keep posting these threads. "
    Well, Funky Student, it has discussion value at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.