Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Snatch and Grab... what a bitch.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've been playing Spec Ops trying to get all 69 stars alone (with the exception of those two bravo missions) and as of right now I'm stuck on Snatch and Grab. I find this ridiculous since I beat Echo in three days after unlocking it.

For those of you that don't know the names of the missions, Snatch and Grab is where you're fighting Shadow Company in the Airplane graveyard. Currently my problem is getting shot in the ass randomly by a few soldiers from across the freakin map. I try sneaking around and taking sniper shots with the Intervention or the M4 but I always get shot by some unseen bastard hiding behind a crate of airplane peanuts.

Anyone else have a hard time with this one? If not can someone give me an idea on how to beat this?

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dark_Jon

Stick to one side of the map, I was walking against the left wall. Go slooooow. The part where juggernauts come, be ready for them. You might have to pick up the pace. A sniper is pretty much required.

Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Merc

Take it slow.  

That is all

AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark_Jon:
    So I take it the IW time is just a bunch of bull, because that's what I've been trying to beat with no success at all.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5  Edited By Symphony

Gods yes, I hated that. Taking it slow seemed to penalize us as much as trying to do it quickly -- juggernauts would suddenly appear behind us out of nowhere ><

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By immike

I also had a hard time with that one. I ended up beating it with my 10 year old brother though lol. He managed to take out 2 or 3 juggernauts in a row by himself when I was down. I am still in shock that he was able to do that, on veteran, by himself. We took it slow and made sure to kill the juggernauts before we made our run for it. After you kill the 4-5 juggernauts in the level, you are pretty much home free.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure

Snatch and Grab is easily the hardest in the game, I found the worst part to be right after you grab the data you need to clear that entire field as best as possible before dropping down into it, yet Juggernauts will come from behind, quite frustrating indeed. But like others said, take it slow especially if you are doing it alone. I think when my friend and I cleared it our final time was over half an hour or so. So yeah, we took it really slow.  

Oh also, probably common knowledge I am sure but I learned on Snatch and Grab that a specific sound plays (a deep drum beat) when a Juggernaut spawns which you should always be listening for. I say this because I never even noticed the sound until the very last mission I needed stars from (which was Snatch and Grab ~_~)

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By meteora
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " Snatch and Grab is easily the hardest in the game, I found the worst part to be right after you grab the data you need to clear that entire field as best as possible before dropping down into it, yet Juggernauts will come from behind, quite frustrating indeed. But like others said, take it slow especially if you are doing it alone. I think when my friend and I cleared it our final time was over half an hour or so. So yeah, we took it really slow.   Oh also, probably common knowledge I am sure but I learned on Snatch and Grab that a specific sound plays (a deep drum beat) when a Juggernaut spawns which you should always be listening for. I say this because I never even noticed the sound until the very last mission I needed stars from (which was Snatch and Grab ~_~) "
    This.

The sound played means you should keep your eyes peeled for any Juggies running towards you. They should be coming from the rear by the time you get to the giant airfield.
    rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#9  Edited By rargy

Ugh, my nephew and i tried this one so many times.  Ended up getting lucky on a solo attempt running down the right side and randomly throwing grenades.

AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immike: 4-5 Juggernauts? That's insane! I only had to fight 2 on veteran before I started to make a break for the last hill. I only need to finish this and High Explosive before I get 1000/1000
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By immike
    @AestheticSynthesis: Yup, that's how many I fought on that mission. If you run through it as fast as you can you might only encounter 2-3, but that's still pretty hard as well. It's the hardest mission by far as I completed all of the other ones without much trouble at all.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By pweidman

If you hang around and wait the Juggs spawn repeatedly...I've fought as many as 7 Juggs just near the plane fuselage alone.  You gotta go pretty quick, and I found the right side to be the easiest.  The second half after the intel should be pretty fast, just clear the field from the plane and go quickly after.  Tough mission agreed.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's pretty difficult, but only because of the 7 juggernauts that I had to fight.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By natetodamax

My brother and I kept failing because when we got to the part where you slide down the hill to the road, a Juggernaut would come behind us and murder us.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

It took me and a bro about 4 hours to do, spread over several sessions. The big where the Juggernauts come from behind wasn't too bad because while one would be sniping, the other would watch the six. It was them turning up during the final run that caught is off guard a few times. So far, I think Estate Takedown has been the hardest with one infamous run ending on 3 Juggernauts who did not mess around.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That seems to be many peoples hardest, mine as well. Took forever....

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mikemcn

Turtle Speed dude, you have to take it slow, and im not brave enough to get those 69 stars.

and what are airplane peanuts>?
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mikemcn: They have these crates in the airplane graveyard I see on my flights where the attendants pull peanuts out of. Since meals on planes don't really exist anymore I assumed all planes carried peanuts on board and that's what I'm hiding behind of half the time.

I'm really close to those 69 stars. This and High Explosive and I'm done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.