Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

3DS Version, How Play Local Multiplayer?

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm trying to play with my roommate. We see each other in the multiplayer tavern/marina, but we get put in our own instanced quests. How can we play together?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard

If it's anything like other MH games, when you're in the hub together one of you needs to take a quest from the guild rep, and then there will be a board of sorts with all the quests people on the room have accepted. If your friend goes up to that board he can join the same quest you are on. Then when you leave for the quest you will be together.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks a lot!

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@mitch0712: While we are asking MH:U questions, how well does the game handle without the circle pad pro when facing larger and more difficult monsters?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksmedulla: I feel like it handles pretty well after a bit of practice using the virtual d-pad on the touch screen. Definitely playable and better than the claw on psp.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksmedulla: I've had some portable experience with the PSP a long time ago. But the game handles fine. The circle pad pro is something I want still.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McShank

i played it wfor 30-40 mins before i drove back to gamestop for the circlepad pro.. its so useful and it also saves your shoulder buttons + it makes the holding the device more comfortable. I had a hard time playing without it when I try the game here and there iwth no circle pad. Not the best game on the handheld without it.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By metalsnakezero

I highly recommend to circle pad pro too. The game is fine without it but little too on hard when things get hairy. Having control over the camera is a lot easier when you can move it very quickly with the shoulder buttons.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By GeneralBison

I find reaching over the right circle pad to hit the face buttons uncomfortable, but that may just be my tiny hands. Even though I have the circle pad pro I'll be playing MH3U without it, the camera is okay.

(Although I suppose it would make swimming much easier)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.