Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

90's slang phrase with the word "cool." Oh, and Sub-Zero Kombos

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Edited By StarvingGamer

Every joke I could think of for the thread title seemed way too obvious so I tried to be meta. Or is it self-aware?

Anyways, I already did Ryu so I figured I'd do Ken as well. Or is Scorpion Ken and Sub-Zero Ryu? In any case, after staying up all night watching Tom Brady's amazing space control at PowerUp I wanted to figure out how to maximize damage as Sub-Zero. He may lack pressure options but Iceball pressure while hiding behind Ice Clones should be enough to open up most opponents for some punishment. If the enemy makes 4 mistakes, they're done.

So I've never been a fan of using popular characters in fighting games, especially not marquee characters. In SSFIV I've always leaned heavily on Rose and Dhalsim while in MvC3 my favorite team is Haggar/Deadpool/Anchor(currently Dormammu). The closer we get to PSN coming up, however, the more certain I'm becoming that Sub-Zero and Scorpion are going to be my go-tos. Depending on my mood I can go mixup crazy or troll with endless zoning. I'm getting really excited to hop into ranked mode. Maybe when the time comes, I'll start a new MK video series tracking my progress. Or something.

Anyways, I better get to bed since it's 4 AM again o_O and I need to wake up in the morning to call MadCatz and bitch at them about the Fightpad I just bought not working aergh! Well, if you have a moment please check out the Whiskey Media fighting game community channel on youtube, send us a message, leave us a comment, thumb up some of our videos and please please please subscribe. I'll be back Monday with some more Kontent for you guys to consume.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

Every joke I could think of for the thread title seemed way too obvious so I tried to be meta. Or is it self-aware?

Anyways, I already did Ryu so I figured I'd do Ken as well. Or is Scorpion Ken and Sub-Zero Ryu? In any case, after staying up all night watching Tom Brady's amazing space control at PowerUp I wanted to figure out how to maximize damage as Sub-Zero. He may lack pressure options but Iceball pressure while hiding behind Ice Clones should be enough to open up most opponents for some punishment. If the enemy makes 4 mistakes, they're done.

So I've never been a fan of using popular characters in fighting games, especially not marquee characters. In SSFIV I've always leaned heavily on Rose and Dhalsim while in MvC3 my favorite team is Haggar/Deadpool/Anchor(currently Dormammu). The closer we get to PSN coming up, however, the more certain I'm becoming that Sub-Zero and Scorpion are going to be my go-tos. Depending on my mood I can go mixup crazy or troll with endless zoning. I'm getting really excited to hop into ranked mode. Maybe when the time comes, I'll start a new MK video series tracking my progress. Or something.

Anyways, I better get to bed since it's 4 AM again o_O and I need to wake up in the morning to call MadCatz and bitch at them about the Fightpad I just bought not working aergh! Well, if you have a moment please check out the Whiskey Media fighting game community channel on youtube, send us a message, leave us a comment, thumb up some of our videos and please please please subscribe. I'll be back Monday with some more Kontent for you guys to consume.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

Wicked awesome!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Watching that only made me realize how bad I am in the game by comparison. 

Jonnyflash80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Jonnyflash80

Tubular!

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sameeeeam
    @MooseyMcMan said:

" Watching that only made me realize how bad I am in the game by comparison.  "

Seriously. I'm getting my ass kicked hard in the three Shao Khan Challenge Tower fight. This game gets impossible.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Underachiever007 said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:

Seriously. I'm getting my ass kicked hard in the three Shao Khan Challenge Tower fight. This game gets impossible. "
    Three Shao Kahns?! I only just barely beat the one in the story mode! 
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sameeeeam
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @Underachiever007 said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:

Seriously. I'm getting my ass kicked hard in the three Shao Khan Challenge Tower fight. This game gets impossible. "
    Three Shao Kahns?! I only just barely beat the one in the story mode!  "
    I beat Shao Khan in the story mode but I think that was a fluke. I'm not even managing to get past one of these guys.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Vexxan

Crazy kombos are crazy!

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Slaker117

Your skills continue to impress. Starting to feel like I'll never be good enough to take on players who know what they're doing, though the game is still to much fun to stop playing.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By dbz1995
    @Underachiever007 said:
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @Underachiever007 said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:

Three Shao Kahns?! I only just barely beat the one in the story mode!  "
    I beat Shao Khan in the story mode but I think that was a fluke. I'm not even managing to get past one of these guys.
    Stand back, shoot, and jump over his hammers. Like in snowball fights.
    MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#11  Edited By MightyDuck

Wow, I never even thought of comboing that punch/ice sword followed by the ice blast.  I need to play some more of this...and think more about combos.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sameeeeam
    @dbz1995: I'll try that out. Thanks for the tip.
    davidjohnkeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By davidjohnkeen
    @Underachiever007 said:
    @MooseyMcMan said:

Seriously. I'm getting my ass kicked hard in the three Shao Khan Challenge Tower fight. This game gets impossible.
    3 Shao Kahn's!! Holy shit that is insane. I just finished the story mode yesterday and found Raiden vs Shao Kahn tricky enough as it was. If you manage to beat that I'll be in awe of you.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai

I love how in every video you are beating the shit out of Kratos hahaha.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Jeffsekai I'm pretty happy with the symbolism since the whole reason I'm making these videos is because PSN is down.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @StarvingGamer said:
    @Jeffsekai I'm pretty happy with the symbolism since the whole reason I'm making these videos is because PSN is down.
    Perfect.
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aetheldod
    @davidjohnkeen said:
    @Underachiever007 said:
    @MooseyMcMan said:

3 Shao Kahn's!! Holy shit that is insane. I just finished the story mode yesterday and found Raiden vs Shao Kahn tricky enough as it was. If you manage to beat that I'll be in awe of you.
    3 Shao Khans is one of the easy ones believe me
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It's not cool to say cool anymore? Should we go back to rad or hip? Lol, hip.

great video btw.

davidjohnkeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By davidjohnkeen
    @Aetheldod: That worries me..
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By benpack

Love it. Shout outs to a fellow Haggar player. Pipes and lariats all day.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By CrimsonNoir
    @davidjohnkeen said:
    @Underachiever007 said:
    @MooseyMcMan said:

i pretty much spammed Raiden's teleport and flying move just to beat him. not sure if that would work on three of them though D:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.