Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Full character select screen leaked.

• 79 results
    Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Portis

Holy shit, Cyber Sub-Zero looks fuck-awesome. 

*Moves up another seat on the HYPE-train*

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Druminator

This made my day, thanks!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By ajamafalous

Sup Cyrax/Sektor?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By MachoFantastico

Happy to see Smoke in there, was already sold on the game but I especially can't can't wait now :D

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#56  Edited By MachoFantastico
    @trypio said:
    " @Black_Rose said:
    " Who are the guys next to Raiden and Quan Chi's left? The one next to Raiden looks like Kabal but I can't really tell... "
    It looks like Kabal unless they added a new character for the story mode like taven and daegon "
    Kabal as already been announced and shown by Ed Boon on that GameTrailers TV show recently. It is him that's for sure.  

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Slaker117

Anyone else notice how Cyber Sub-Zero pretty much has Noob's face mask? Wonder if it's not somehow the older brother.

Not identical, but you get the idea.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Pibo47

I would also loooove rain! I bet he'll be dlc. And some badass DLC at that.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@IBurningStar
    said:
    "@ryanwho said:

" @mkf30 said:

"Just saw this on testyourmight lol, Cyber Sub looks really badass, reminds me a little bit of a Predator in a way.  I hope they don't decide to keep him a cyborg though....I know few weeks ago the MK team said, they're not sure if they'll bring back Cyber Sub as part of the canon future MK games after this.... "
    Um, its probably a different Sub Zero. If you read the dumbass canon like me, you know there are multiple Sub Zeros and the tribe Sub Zero, Cyrax, Smoke, etc come from converted all their dudes to robots. So its probably a different Sub Zero. "
    The first Sub Zero died and became Noob Saibot. The second one is the Sub Zero we have been playing as since MK2. I guess the only logical conclusions would be that the cyborg version is a "what if" scenario and non canonical, or that at some point in this game's story Sub Zero is captured and turned into a cyborg after all.  "

This is pretty much what I was about to suggest.  One of the Netherreal reps said that the character isn't canon and probably won't reappear in later games, so I'd assume this won't be part of the new story and is just a fun little bonus.  He does have a completely unique moveset and fatalities, which is why he isn't just a different costume for Sub-Zero or Noob.. whichever one he's supposed to be. 

As for Smoke, there are pictures of his full model and he doesn't look as bad as he does in the character select picture. 
    (though this could be an alternate costume). 

batVomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By batVomit

Human smoke looks terrible (from that tiny thumbnail), but there's still not a character i don't want to play....

evilmax17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By evilmax17

Looking at the roster, there's only ONE character on there that was introduced after UMK3, and that's Quan Chi from MK4.

NOBODY that was introduced in MK5-MK8!  I think that's very telling.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ryanwho
    @evilmax17 said:
    " Looking at the roster, there's only ONE character on there that was introduced after UMK3, and that's Quan Chi from MK4. NOBODY that was introduced in MK5-MK8!  I think that's very telling. "
    Technically Quan Chi began in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero. Which is pre-MK3.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ryanwho
    @Slaker117 said:

" Anyone else notice how Cyber Sub-Zero pretty much has Noob's face mask? Wonder if it's not somehow the older brother.

"
    It would make more sense for them to to it to Noob simply because that's not an iconic character. He's basically the undead Ninja who's not Scorpion or Ermac, who's name is unfortunately intrinsically tied to a stupid internet word now. But being the least interesting undead ninja still makes him more interesting than most of the collective cast.
    NiTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NiTz

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3421-Spoilers-MK9-Pictures-of-Cyber-Sub-Sheeva-Smoke&p=36226#post36226

larger pics
    NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NickBOTT

No Caption Provided

When I first saw the roster pic I was skeptical too on whether or not that one character that's been debated on is either Frost or Human Smoke so I thought this would help.  Yeah they do look similar but it seems pretty clear now that the character in question is Smoke.  Side note, here's to hoping that Rain will be either a secret character or DLC.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#66  Edited By Hailinel
    @evilmax17 said:
    " Looking at the roster, there's only ONE character on there that was introduced after UMK3, and that's Quan Chi from MK4. NOBODY that was introduced in MK5-MK8!  I think that's very telling. "
    Kenshi has been confirmed as a DLC character.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By zombie2011

A lot of those characters look kinda the same except for the colors. 

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By chstupid
    @Hailinel said:
    " @evilmax17 said:
    Kenshi has been confirmed as a DLC character. "
    Yea but Kenshi is bad ass
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @ryanwho said:
    " @mkf30 said:
    "Just saw this on testyourmight lol, Cyber Sub looks really badass, reminds me a little bit of a Predator in a way.  I hope they don't decide to keep him a cyborg though....I know few weeks ago the MK team said, they're not sure if they'll bring back Cyber Sub as part of the canon future MK games after this.... "
    Um, its probably a different Sub Zero. If you read the dumbass canon like me, you know there are multiple Sub Zeros and the tribe Sub Zero, Cyrax, Smoke, etc come from converted all their dudes to robots. So its probably a different Sub Zero. "
    But Noob and Sub-Zero are in the game.  They are the only ones beside Frost who descended from the cryomancers of Outworld and thus the only ones from the Lin Kuei clan that would have the name Sub-Zero.  If both Smoke and human Smoke are in the game it could be either Noob or Sub Zero as the Cyborg Sub-Zero instead of a totally different Sub-Zero.  Also in one of the mk3 games human Smoke was a bonus character that had no bearing on the story.  Cyborg Sub-Zero can also be just a non-cannon bonus character like human Smoke.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By Skald
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " @mkf30 said:
    But Noob and Sub-Zero are in the game.  They are the only ones beside Frost who descended from the cryomancers of Outworld and thus the only ones from the Lin Kuei clan that would have the name Sub-Zero.  If both Smoke and human Smoke are in the game it could be either Noob or Sub Zero as the Cyborg Sub-Zero instead of a totally different Sub-Zero.  Also in one of the mk3 games human Smoke was a bonus character that had no bearing on the story.  Cyborg Sub-Zero can also be just a non-cannon bonus character like human Smoke. "
    Yeah, I reckon he's probably a non-canon character like Human Smoke. That, or they have some incredibly contrived reason for his existence.

I wonder which Sub-Zero he's based off of?
    evilmax17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By evilmax17
    @extremeradical said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @ryanwho said:

" @mkf30 said:

But Noob and Sub-Zero are in the game.  They are the only ones beside Frost who descended from the cryomancers of Outworld and thus the only ones from the Lin Kuei clan that would have the name Sub-Zero.  If both Smoke and human Smoke are in the game it could be either Noob or Sub Zero as the Cyborg Sub-Zero instead of a totally different Sub-Zero.  Also in one of the mk3 games human Smoke was a bonus character that had no bearing on the story.  Cyborg Sub-Zero can also be just a non-cannon bonus character like human Smoke. "
    Yeah, I reckon he's probably a non-canon character like Human Smoke. That, or they have some incredibly contrived reason for his existence. I wonder which Sub-Zero he's based off of? "
    This game takes place in an alternate universe after MK2, and there's no Cyber Smoke in this game.    

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Smoke#Storyline 

Maybe instead of Smoke getting captured and Sub-Zero narrowly escaping, the opposite is true in this new universe.  It's possible that Cyber Sub-Zero could be canon going forward.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @evilmax17 said:

" @extremeradical said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @ryanwho said:

" @mkf30 said:

Yeah, I reckon he's probably a non-canon character like Human Smoke. That, or they have some incredibly contrived reason for his existence. I wonder which Sub-Zero he's based off of? "
    This game takes place in an alternate universe after MK2, and there's no Cyber Smoke in this game.     http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Smoke#Storyline   Maybe instead of Smoke getting captured and Sub-Zero narrowly escaping, the opposite is true in this new universe.  It's possible that Cyber Sub-Zero could be canon going forward. "
    It could be possible.  In the story it could be the MK2 Sub-Zero for the first part and then the Cyborg one later but I think given how popular Sub-Zero is they wouldn't have Cyber Sub as the primary form of Sub-Zero. 
    I heard that mk9 is the original trilogy with Raiden having the knowledge to change it, not just after mk2.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Is it not allowed to talk about all the storyline info mined from the demo and such?  They revealed the entire story mode and what the new deal with Smoke/Sub Zero and the cyber ninjas was.

Edit: I do think it would be cool if all the information in the demo turned out to be an elaborate prank by Netherrealm Studios just in case someone tried to dig through the demo, though.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @zombie2011 said:
    " A lot of those characters look kinda the same except for the colors.  "
    you know that mk originally had like one ninja model and a color swap for all of them right? 
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#75  Edited By XenoNick

Getting more and more hyped for this.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By zombie2011
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " A lot of those characters look kinda the same except for the colors.  "
    you know that mk originally had like one ninja model and a color swap for all of them right?  "
    Yeah but that was because of memory space or something, what's there excuse now? They changed up Reptile to make him look different enough from the other ninjas, why not do it for the rest.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @zombie2011: the excuse is they are going back to their roots. I always did like reptile best with a mask though. The only reason why did it back then was to keep production cost down, since they rather spend that money on animations of ripping heads and blood splatter. lol. 
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombie2011: And look at reptile now!  He is a sad shell of a reptillian ninja. :P  I'm glad Amazon has the classic skin for him.

Anyways, I think the ninjas look great.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By Pibo47

I am...SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THIS GAME NOW! Ahhh. Cant wait, seriously. Please god, let me wake up tomorrow and have it be the 19th....that way i dont have to right this 10 page paper...and i get MK. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is human Smoke suppose to be the one to the left of Sektor?
    And who is that at the bottom beside Quan Chi? I have terrible eye sight :(

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#81  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @xSUFFOKATEx: 1. Yes. 2. Sheeva.
    MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MKF30

@ryan, I'm not so sure....the game's storymode takes place post MKA but time travels back to MK1, MK2 and UMK3 timeline with over 4 hours of story elements explained more vividly...it's a strong possibility it's the same Sub-Zero(younger one) as the one we all know but you see originally in the canon MK, he escaped from being turned....ma@ryan, I'm not so sure....the game's storymode takes place post MKA but time travels back to MK1, MK2 and UMK3 timeline with over 4 hours of story elements explained more vividly...it's a strong possibility it's the same Sub-Zero(younger one) as the one we all know but you see originally in the canon MK, he escaped from being turned....maybe this time he doesn't....the MK team said a lot of things will remain the same but some things will change and have a twist this time... 

So I doubt it's a different sub zero, it's not really dumb just a little confusing.  

lol, some people think smoke looks like Christopher Walken in Batman lmao...with a ninja mask. HIs bio did reveal he is czech, so that's why he has whitish/blond hair no doubt.ybe this time he doesn't....the MK team said a lot of things will remain the same but some things will change and have a twist this time... 

So I doubt it's a different sub zero, it's not really dumb just a little confusing.  

lol, some people think smoke looks like Christopher Walken in Batman lmao...with a ninja mask. HIs bio did reveal he is czech, so that's why he has whitish/blond hair no doubt.        

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83  Edited By Deranged

I was hoping for a few more characters but I guess this will suffice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.