Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Mortal Kombat - my theory on the exclusive characters

• 75 results
    LobsterCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LobsterCrunk

Apologies, in advance, for the wall of text.

So, we know that the Ps3 version of Mortal Kombat has Kratos in it.   We know that Kratos will definitely not be in the 360 version.   We also know that the MK demo is only available on PSN at the moment, and nobody is quite sure when the demo will be released on 360.

I am absolutely certain that there will be a demo on the 360 at some point, though whether it appears before or after the games release will remain a mystery, for now.   The 360 has a market that is too vast for any multi-console publisher to ignore, and the palpable desire for the demo’s 360 debut will not go unnoticed by Netherrealm and Warner Bros.

But why would the demo be delayed for so long?   Here’s my theory:

Netherrealm may have held an auction between Sony and Microsoft to decide which console version would have exclusive on-disc DLC.   There may have also been a clause in there, somewhere, that forbids the losing bidder’s DLC announcement, which would explain why we have heard nothing about the 360’s possible exclusive and also help explain how Sony is successfully billing MK as a Ps3 game first and a 360 game second.

Ed Boon has stated – on the subject of 360 exclusives: “well, there’s nothing we have ready to announce, but we love our 360 players and we love our Ps3 players and I think everybody’s gonna get something to be happy with”.

If that doesn’t sound like “they are both getting the same thing”, I don’t know what does.

Regardless, it’s been rumoured that what the 360 is getting is an “exclusive online mode” – with many people claiming it to be Puzzle Kombat.

I stated earlier that this may have been to do with some sort of auction behind the scenes for on-disc DLC.   That is what I believe Kratos to be.   It is totally believable, to me, that Kratos’ announcement is part of the deal along with his presence in the retail disc.   The 360 version’s “online feature” may be a download code for the 360’s exclusive character.

Now, what about the 360’s exclusive character?   Who would it be?   The main rumour, at this point, is that the “Lady in Red” will be exclusively free for 360 players for a limited time.   My understanding of the situation, however, is that this has been ruled out by statements from Netherrealm.

I’ve heard people say that the 360 doesn’t have the character-stable that the Ps3 does, and as a result, there are hardly any potential characters who could fit into MK.

I’ll agree that there are no 360-exclusive characters that fit into MK as well as Kratos does.   He ticks almost every box in the MK universe: he’s a God; he uses magic; he has a ton of weapons; he rips people in half – but the MK universe also has cyborg ninjas, clones, aliens, grenades, guns and flamethrowers.

There is enough room, in the fiction, for any character from almost any game ever, including: Fable, Halo, Gears of War, Crackdown, Perfect Dark, Kameo or Too Human.

Not that this makes it easier to discern who the secret character could be.   One would think that, if it were Marcus Fenix or Master Chief, we’d have heard by now – Microsoft surely wouldn’t let Netherrealm use one of their most iconic characters and not want them to shout about it?

This is what makes me think the answer is either that Netherrealm’s lips are sealed because of Sony’s wallet, or that the character is relatively unknown to the audience and has been plucked from one of Microsoft’s less famous game franchises, like Kameo.

Kameo can transform into a dragon, by the way.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Crono

Just suck it up, there will be no exclusive character on the 360.

LobsterCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LobsterCrunk
    @Crono said:
    " Just suck it up, there will be no exclusive character on the 360. "
    Source?
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Pibo47
    @LobsterCrunk said:
    " @Crono said:
    Source? "
    I remember reading somewhere that the 360 wasnt getting a character but instead a gamemode and map or something like that.
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Crono
    quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By quinistheman

Conjecture all around.

LobsterCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LobsterCrunk
    @Crono said:
    " @LobsterCrunk said:

" @Crono said:

Source? "
    From the official twitter:

"The ONLY exclusive is Kratos to PS3."

http://twitter.com/MK_MortalKombat/statuses/24282044141928448Suck it up. "
    Ah, I see.  I had no idea this had been said.

Might get it for Ps3 after all.
    Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Burn1n9m4n

Ed Boon has stated on more than one occasion that the 360 will get some kind of compensation. It may not be a character, but it maybe something else. It could be a stage, more fatalities, etc. Just wait for Boon and his crew at NetherRealms to get their shit together. The way things are going they probably have a lot of stuff to get right for the game's release soon. Its also possible that that tweet listed above is only regarding the launch of the game. There could be some planned DLC stuff exclusive to the 360 that has not been revealed yet. 

Put in my pre-order for the PS3 version on Amazon. Hopefully it arrives day of release as promised!

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By jNerd
    @Crono said:
    agreed
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ProfessorEss

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if MS just turned down the exclusive content offer.

How much did NetherRealm ask for? How much is it worth? How much did Sony pay, and will it really turn out to be worth it?

I can't really see why a company would spend a whole lot of money to court the Mortal Kombat 9 crowd. I could be wrong about this, but I don't really see that much interest in the game outside of hardcore circles (like here) and I question how much it's going to sell.

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @ProfessorEss: Did you play the demo? It was pretty fun and, if I had to guess, I would say that its not just the brand that is bringing people out of the wood-work for this game, but rather the return to 2D fighting, and the obvious nostalgia associated with it. This game feels a lot like MK2 or MK3 felt back on the SNES. Granted, there have been some graphical leaps in quality, and major changes in terms of some of the control fidelity. But it still harkens back to the MK experience that people really liked back when the franchise was actually popular. Before it jumped the shark with all the damned 3D titles...
    VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VanillaPlant
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if MS just turned down the exclusive content offer.How much did NetherRealm ask for? How much is it worth? How much did Sony pay, and will it really turn out to be worth it?I can't really see why a company would spend a whole lot of money to court the Mortal Kombat 9 crowd. I could be wrong about this, but I don't really see that much interest in the game outside of hardcore circles (like here) and I question how much it's going to sell. "
    Batman also had exclusive content for the PS3 version only. So Its probably more of a WB Sony thing rather then a deal between NetherRealm and console makers.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @VanillaPlant said:
    " @ProfessorEss said:
    " To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if MS just turned down the exclusive content offer.How much did NetherRealm ask for? How much is it worth? How much did Sony pay, and will it really turn out to be worth it?I can't really see why a company would spend a whole lot of money to court the Mortal Kombat 9 crowd. I could be wrong about this, but I don't really see that much interest in the game outside of hardcore circles (like here) and I question how much it's going to sell. "
    Batman also had exclusive content for the PS3 version only. So Its probably more of a WB Sony thing rather then a deal between NetherRealm and console makers. "
    Yeah, that makes sense.

@Burn1n9m4n:  Yeah I played the demo, it's good. I still question how many copies it's gonna sell.
    I could be totally wrong but I just don't see nostalgia pushing super huge numbers. We'll see.
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hunkulese
    @LobsterCrunk: It's not really a secret what goes on and it has happened before. If consoles are willing to pay the developers they get exclusives. There are no back room dealings going on. 

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By amomjc

Man, I never thought of the Character from Too Human until you just mentioned him, wouldn't be a bad choice to be quite honest.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slaker117
    @ProfessorEss: MKvsDC moved 1.6 million units, and that game didn't have nearly as much buzz. I think the simple fact that Mortal Kombat is a name people recognize goes a long way. Factor in that this game is actually looking to be excellent, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hit.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Skald
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " I could be totally wrong but I just don't see nostalgia pushing super huge numbers. We'll see. "
    Between nostalgia and being good in it's own right, I think it could see some big numbers. Not as much as Street Fighter, but more than most, if not all of the other Mortal Kombat games.
    LobsterCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LobsterCrunk
    @Hunkulese said:
    " @LobsterCrunk: It's not really a secret what goes on and it has happened before. If consoles are willing to pay the developers they get exclusives. There are no back room dealings going on. 

"
    What confused me was Ed Boon's quote, it essentially states that Netherrealm has the same attitude towards the PS3 as it does towards the 360.
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
    @Crono said:
    Yup.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Slaker117
    @LobsterCrunk: I think you're reading too much into that. They do have the same attitude in that they made the same game on both systems and want to support both, it's just that WB made a deal with Sony, so they have to give PS3 something. They don't hate the 360 like some kids on the Internet seem to think, but have to listen to business mandates.
    Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @LobsterCrunk:  Also to go along with what Slaker117 just mentioned, I had seen another forum post regarding this issue on another site. It's possible that the PS3 version of MK is being supported this much because WB or NetherRealms have more faith in it in terms of its development. I mean...I have no reason to believe that the 360 version will be inferior in any way, but its possible that the PS3 version was further along in its development cycle. Which could be another reason why the PS3 version maybe optimized to handle additional character assets like Kratos in time for the major gaming conferences.

But hell, what do I know about video games? It's entirely possible that WB does have an ongoing title deal with Sony and in exchange gives exclusive content to the console at the expense of the 360 player base. However, if that were true then WB would probably have made MK a PS3 exclusive title and not multiplatform as the development costs for a multiplatform title would have probably exceeded the sales projections for the 360. But again....what do I know?
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ricetopher

I don't see why people care so much about exclusive characters.

I just want the game to be fucking good.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The person who originally leaked the roster claimed that the 360 will have an exclusive character.. but they'd be coming later as DLC.

But judging by the Kratos thing, demo situation and last few games, the developers just seem to hate the Xbox, so I'd take that with a grain of salt.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CptBedlam

No guest character for 360 - and that's a GOOD thing. Guest characters in fighting games suck balls and mess up the game (Soul Calibur-series for example). PS3 players: prepare to fight Kratos in 90% of your online matches.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @VanillaPlant said:
    " @ProfessorEss said:
    Batman also had exclusive content for the PS3 version only. So Its probably more of a WB Sony thing rather then a deal between NetherRealm and console makers. "
    Isn't Microsoft marketing the hell out of Batman Arkham City though?  I seem to remember all the Batman stuff coming from Microsoft conferences.  I also think the theory that the devs hate 360 is stupid and unfounded.  Thats not directed at you 2 but others in this thread.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @VanillaPlant said:
    " @ProfessorEss said:
    Isn't Microsoft marketing the hell out of Batman Arkham City though?  I seem to remember all the Batman stuff coming from Microsoft conferences.  I also think the theory that the devs hate 360 is stupid and unfounded.  Thats not directed at you 2 but others in this thread. "
    Like you said, the exclusive content for Sony clearly isn't coming from any kind of WB deal and even back during the PS2/Xbox era of games it was only the Playstation that got the collectors editions, etc, and that was before MK was even owned by Warner.  The Xbox has always gotten the raw end of the deal, so take that as you will.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By august

The entire point of exclusive characters is promotion, to drive sales. If the 360 had an exclusive character, he or she would have been announced a long time ago, probably at the same time Kratos was announced, to drive sales.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @VanillaPlant said:
    " @ProfessorEss said:
    Isn't Microsoft marketing the hell out of Batman Arkham City though?  I seem to remember all the Batman stuff coming from Microsoft conferences.  I also think the theory that the devs hate 360 is stupid and unfounded.  Thats not directed at you 2 but others in this thread. "
    Like you said, the exclusive content for Sony clearly isn't coming from any kind of WB deal and even back during the PS2/Xbox era of games it was only the Playstation that got the collectors editions, etc, and that was before MK was even owned by Warner.  The Xbox has always gotten the raw end of the deal, so take that as you will. "
    That was when Sony was on top.  Back then PS2 was the highest selling home console of that generation, what else would they have made the game for?  I still think the theory is unfounded.  Sony made an exclusive deal with Warner on this particular game.  There is no evidence Boon and his team are Sony fanboys or dislike Microsoft.
    Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Gaff
    @CptBedlam I'll reserve judgement until the game is actually out and the strengths and weaknesses of the roster have gone through some testing. Unless Kratos is "broken" in the eyes of many (or "I have no idea what to do against this character, therefore he's OP!11!"), I don't see him becoming the next Sentinel (MvC3) / Ken (SF4) / Sentinel (MvC2) / Yun (SF3S), etc.

Guest characters are fine if done well, ranging from good (Heihachi / Yoshimitsu), to OP (Link), to "what the f were they smoking?" (that Japanese comedian in Marvel vs Street Fighter 2).

Also, didn't Sony "lend" Netherrealms their 3D technology? I wouldn't be surprised if they got a little something something for in return.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By august
    @SethPhotopoulos: They also worked with Epic on Unreal Championship 2, which was an XBox exclusive.
    npeterson08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By npeterson08

Banjo-Kazooie. Think about it.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @august said:

" @SethPhotopoulos: They also worked with Epic on Unreal Championship 2, which was an XBox exclusive. "

Thank you.

@npeterson08 said:

" Banjo-Kazooie. Think about it. "

HIs fatality is taking the opponent apart and building a boat plane car out of them.    
    LobsterCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LobsterCrunk
    @Burn1n9m4n said:

" @LobsterCrunk:  Also to go along with what Slaker117 just mentioned, I had seen another forum post regarding this issue on another site. It's possible that the PS3 version of MK is being supported this much because WB or NetherRealms have more faith in it in terms of its development. I mean...I have no reason to believe that the 360 version will be inferior in any way, but its possible that the PS3 version was further along in its development cycle. Which could be another reason why the PS3 version maybe optimized to handle additional character assets like Kratos in time for the major gaming conferences.

But hell, what do I know about video games? It's entirely possible that WB does have an ongoing title deal with Sony and in exchange gives exclusive content to the console at the expense of the 360 player base. However, if that were true then WB would probably have made MK a PS3 exclusive title and not multiplatform as the development costs for a multiplatform title would have probably exceeded the sales projections for the 360. But again....what do I know?
    "

I'm happy to keep reading these great points you guys are giving.

I'd guess that, in the case of MK, multiplatform development wouldn't be that much of an issue because of the returns that both bases generate - MK will definetly sell over a million units on both platforms, so there's no reason not to provide 360 users with an extra incentive.  The PS3 version of MKvsDC outsold the 360, but not by an incredible amount, so that might have something to do with it: but I have to agree that the best bet is that WB and Sony have some kind of multi-game deal going on.  I guess we'll have a better idea of it depending on what happens with Arkham City.

Back to MK, the reason this exclusivity is happening is because Sony is being favoured for whatever reason - I just thought that this happened because of an auction behind the scenes.  I mean, if I were Netherrealm, I'd have approached both companies and said "Hey, I've got a deal for you.  You're both getting exclusive characters as DLC, but if you'd like to generate a fair bit of positive press, we can announce it before the launch and put it on the disc."

But, hey, whatever, that was before I knew Kratos to be the only exclusive.  On the bright side, for 360 players, this means that those retro fatalities will definetly be in the game, regardless of pre-order bonus.

Speaking of which, I thought I saw Shang Tsung's retro fatality in his trailer, anyone else care to weigh in on this?
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @LobsterCrunk said:
    " @Burn1n9m4n said:

" @LobsterCrunk:  Also to go along with what Slaker117 just mentioned, I had seen another forum post regarding this issue on another site. It's possible that the PS3 version of MK is being supported this much because WB or NetherRealms have more faith in it in terms of its development. I mean...I have no reason to believe that the 360 version will be inferior in any way, but its possible that the PS3 version was further along in its development cycle. Which could be another reason why the PS3 version maybe optimized to handle additional character assets like Kratos in time for the major gaming conferences.

"

Back to MK, the reason this exclusivity is happening is because Sony is being favoured for whatever reason"
    Sony put in a lot of many for the 3d in the game.
    Also Microsoft has been marketing the crap out of Arkham City.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By toowalrus

Here's my theory:

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Burn1n9m4n
    @LobsterCrunk: Good point about Arkham City. Though MS doesn't have to make a title deal with WB for that game given the hype already surrounding it. 

@SethPhotopoulos: You do bring up a good point, Seth. To add to that though, if we assume that WB had some multi-title deal with Sony then its also equally possible that the terms of that deal could end with the release of MK. If that's true then Sony will have to renegotiate the deal in order to renew it. Which will also give MS time to see if its worth it for them to try to grab the deal given that Arkham City is almost assured to go platinum within its first few days of sales (Assuming the gameplay quality is equal to or better than the last game in that series which, given my audience, is probably not even an assumption that needs to be stated. But I might as well cover my bases...). Of course, this is all pure speculation and hypotheticals at this point. Hell, a day after the release NetherRealm could announce Master Chief as a playable character exclusive to the 360 with Cortanna factoring into his fatality somehow.....oh man I just realized how awesome my own idea just sounded.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CptBedlam

Guys, it's clearly a deal between Sony and WB/Netherrealm. People suggesting that it's just some kind of voluntary preference of the PS3 is ridiculous. Sony wants to turn the tide on their share of multiplatform game sales. People who own both consoles often get the 360 version for reasons such as "all my friends play on 360" and Sony wants to change that with these kind of incentives.

WB/Netherrealm doesn't really care if a sale on 360 becomes a sale on PS3, but they sure like to take the extra cash from Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't think there will be anything exclusive to the X-Box 360 version of the game otherwise we'd have heard about it by now. I feel like Sony agreed to let NetherRealm use Kratos and vice-versa because they were already buddying-up with Sony with the Stereo-3D mode.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By wickedsc3

Good I hope the 360 don't get a console exclusive character, as its dumb.  I hate all the cross game stuff like the mass effect dragon age armor and such.  It just breaks the fiction.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Slaker117
    @TooWalrus
    Here's my theory:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 
    @CptBedlam
    Guys, it's clearly a deal between Sony and WB/Netherrealm. People suggesting that it's just some kind of voluntary preference of the PS3 is ridiculous. Sony wants to turn the tide on their share of multiplatform game sales. People who own both consoles often get the 360 version for reasons such as "all my friends play on 360" and Sony wants to change that with these kind of incentives.

WB/Netherrealm doesn't really care if a sale on 360 becomes a sale on PS3, but they sure like to take the extra cash from Sony.
    Pretty much this.
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hunkulese
    @LobsterCrunk: You can't really trust anything he says on that matter. What do you expect him to say? "Yes we prefer the PS3 and everyone should be buying the game on that platform" 
    His quotes are nothing more than PR and really don't have any real substance behind them.
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DougQuaid
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @august said:

" @SethPhotopoulos: They also worked with Epic on Unreal Championship 2, which was an XBox exclusive. "

Thank you.

@npeterson08 said:

HIs fatality is taking the opponent apart and building a boat plane car out of them.     "
    Planeboatcar.
    HPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HPX
    @WinterSnowblind:  The developer obviously doesn't hate the Xbox, otherwise MK vs. DCU would have been a PS3 exclusive. I think everyone is forgetting that Warner Bros. does have a relationship with Sony, considering that DC Universe Online was SOE. It makes sense that Sony's version of the game would have some sort of leverage, because WB and Sony have some sort of partnership. They're not playing favorites, it's just business. Capitalism.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @DougQuaid said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @august said:

Thank you.

@npeterson08 said:

HIs fatality is taking the opponent apart and building a boat plane car out of them.     "
    Planeboatcar. "
    Humba 1 something.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lukeweizer

Kratos isn't enough for me to rush out and get it on PS3 when most of my friends are on the 360.

The PS3 D-Pad on the other hand...

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By I_smell

Oh my god, why is it so hard fr people to believe that there is no exclusive Xbox guy?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @LobsterCrunk: This is more of a conspiracy theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announced Kratos and then Microsoft said "Fuck you".

The guys mentioned Dead Space 2 on the Bombcast and how it got no promotional ads on the 360 dashboard. They do have trailers and avatar items for Dead Space 2, but MK doesn't even have a listing. I wonder if MS just decided to abandon it since they chose Sony over them.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kingzetta

Sony didn't just pay for kratos they also payed for them to get the 3D working well.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#49  Edited By chstupid
    @I_smell said:
    " Oh my god, why is it so hard fr people to believe that there is no exclusive Xbox guy? "
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!
    roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By roborobb

exclusive reveal: 360 character is Dennis Quaid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.