Who's your Main?

• 131 results
#1 Edited by Beaudacious (934 posts) -

I play as Baraka, and Sonia 50/50. I'm better with Sonia but i consider Baraka my main. What does the GB Kommunity consider their mains?

If you play as Kung Lao ,Ermac ,Smoke be honest! You shameful son of a gun.

Edit: I noticed no one was playing sektor so i tried him out, people have been rage quitting left and right. This never happened to be before when i played baraka or Sonia, probably cause people thought baraka was an easy kill.

#2 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Johnny Cage of course.

#3 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -
StryPOLICEBRUTALITYker.
#4 Posted by Thoseposers (789 posts) -

Noob Saibot is my main man

#5 Posted by Spoonybard37 (300 posts) -

Jade all the way for me son!

#6 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1805 posts) -

If you pressed me, I'd say Mileena, but I always try to mix things up. I have a table of about five characters that I rotate, but Mileena is who I go to if things get serious. 

#7 Posted by President_Barackbar (3470 posts) -

Raiden for me. THUNDER TAKE YOU!

#8 Posted by leftzero101 (86 posts) -

Kitana. If anyone wants to play the 360 version GT: RussianMBatman
#9 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

I find myself enjoying smoke a lot. But I've been messing around with Kabal Jade and Mileena as well.

#10 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I jump between Smoke and Sub-Zero. I'm no professional, and they seem like the easiest for me to use.

#11 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -

I play Ermac the most. I like to play all of the ninjas or just hit up the random select when I don't really care.

#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

I don't know... Sub Zero I suppose.
#13 Posted by SSully (4271 posts) -

Sub Zero. I play as smoke, noob, jax, and johnny cage aswell, but Sub Zero is my go to guy.

#14 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

When I get the game, I plan on having Baraka as my main. He's my favourite character in the series.

#15 Posted by damswedon (3200 posts) -
#16 Posted by AngeTheDude (699 posts) -

Johnny Cage with Reptile as my second.

#17 Posted by Crispy (214 posts) -

Main: Raiden (recently switched from Liu Kang) 
Secondary: Liu Kang, Scorpion, Cyrax 
Tertiary: Sub-Zero, Cyber Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Smoke, Ermac 

My corner game is, by far, my strongest attribute, which is why I initially played Rushdown Liu Kang. 
I noticed that I had trouble placing them in the corner from mid screen without having to take big risks (Flying Kick is super punishable and predictable, and it's hard to close distance for the B+3, 1, 2 combo), so I switched over to a super aggressive Raiden. It's paid off huge dividends so far with win streaks of 40+ against decent opponents. 
I have a really tough time against Smoke and Mileena, though.

#18 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

Smoke/Sheeva 

Nothing scandalous about it.
#19 Posted by ajamafalous (12124 posts) -
@Guyzea said:
StryPOLICEBRUTALITYker.
I lol'd.
#20 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1254 posts) -

Kano mostly. Quan Chi and Sheeva are also in the rotation.

#21 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Smoke, although I try to combo and mix it up rather than just tele spam. I just love his speed.

I'm practicing Kitana though, and really enjoy playing her against the CPU, so looking to spend more time there as well. After that I have my eye on Kano, Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya...

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! :D

Seriously though, Ermac, Mileena, or maybe Reptile.

#22 Posted by CptPanda29 (191 posts) -

I really like Sektor. His Arcade ending sold him for me "He went to go put on a medallion, his father told him not to wear it - but he did." 

Means f*cking business.

#23 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

I main sub-zero, because he is a great zoner who can rush down as well. Plus, I like the cold, so I think he's a cool character. 

(played him in all of the MKs too)

#24 Posted by Spoonman671 (4749 posts) -

I've been using Kratos a lot, as well as Sub-zero.  They're actually pretty similar to play.

#25 Posted by Tophat666 (235 posts) -

Main: Smoke
Secondary: Jax, Kung Lao, Nightwolf,
on the side: Stryker, Cyber Sub Zero/Human, Scorpion, Jade, Kiatna

#26 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Raiden apparently. Never played him in the old Mks, but apparently I'm alright with him, so I stuck with it.

#27 Posted by BaconGames (3539 posts) -

Johnny Cage because of his personality.  No really I loved him so much in the story mode I decided to learn his character and I'm having a blast with him.  A good rush down character with some weak matchups against zoning characters.  Either way I'm glad one of the pros has a lot of advice for him (Tom Brady) so I'm learning a lot.  Can't wait to play this game again!

#28 Posted by Sumbog (496 posts) -

Don't really have one, my usual characters are Johnny Cage, Barraka, Scorpion, and Smoke though, sometimes I through in a Stryker or Sub Zero in there.

#29 Posted by papercut (3529 posts) -

Ermac, cause I'm a little bitch. 

Then Striker and Johnny. 

#30 Posted by TaccyP (307 posts) -

I only play Ermac. Since there's so much tele spamming and random mashing online I feel like I need his force push to keep people honest.

#31 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4735 posts) -
@Spoonybard37 said:
Jade all the way for me son!
YEAH BOI
#32 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

Reptile.

#33 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

I like Sub Zero and Kitana. I suck overall though.

#34 Posted by ToxicFruit (1718 posts) -

Reptile is my guy 

#35 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Stryker/Kung Lao

Raiden if I need to dish out some teleporting punishing to those noob/smoke/scorpion fools.

#36 Edited by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -

I wouldn't say I'm the best with them, but I have the most fun playing as Kitana and Cyrax.

#37 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

Kitana.

#38 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

Raiden.

#39 Posted by OverLord00 (173 posts) -

Kabal/Reptile/Ermac

#40 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1266 posts) -

Smoke all the way!

But I will mix things up Johnny Cage, Sonia, and Kano.

#41 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

Stryker, yo.

#42 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Sektor, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Sub Zero, Noob, Liu Kang, Ermac. In that order of preference.

#43 Posted by RE_Player1 (7573 posts) -

Kabal. 

#44 Posted by Caligula (174 posts) -

Quan Chi, Mileena, Reptile and Sub-Zero in that order.

#45 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

Kitana. I often play Scorpion if I ever see a Scorpion as my opponent, just for fun.

#46 Posted by ZenGaijin (125 posts) -

I really like Sindel, which is odd because I don't think I ever picked her before this game.

#47 Posted by Beaudacious (934 posts) -
@ZenGaijin: Sindel is an awesome character, really easy to severely punish crouch blockers, and her projectile versatility is awesome. I played against one person who was good with sindel, and it was quiet the match.
#48 Posted by M_33 (527 posts) -

Sektor because robot.

#49 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1500 posts) -

It was going to be Stryker but a preference for winning will probably necessitate a switch to Ermac.
#50 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2713 posts) -

Lately it's been Kung Lao, Sindel, and Nightwolf. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.