Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Muscle March

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 18, 2010

Muscle March (Muscle Koushinkyoku) is a Wii Ware release about a group of super-manly dudes (and a lady, and a bear) who chase down various protein-nabbing villains.

Let's Muscle March!! Sooooooo Cool!

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By Emilio

Thanks to the cool dude that is Godwind for gifting this game, I get to write a post about Muscle March. 

You cannot resist the abs.

All right, so this game came out in Japan last year, I believe, and havn't heard much from it since then. It was released today on the NA Virtual Console. 

First of all, the game is super colorful and the intro screen is a clear warning of what the game holds for you if you dare. I think a lot of people will be reminded of a Katamari flavor when playing this. 

There are seven characters to choose from, all different nationalities, so for my first run I went with Rossi the Cheerful Polar Bear from Norway. 

No Caption Provided
    With that I chose the first stage called CIty. City basically revolves around you running through a city! BUT WHY?? Because the body builder's protein powder has been stolen ( yeah, more like steroids, amirite? Except I do not believe Rossi would do steroids for Rossi is a Polar Bear)  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    So, I was doing pretty good, making all the poses and stuff, seeing my team mates slip on banana peels, until it I was the only one left. :( For the Warm-Up round I did pretty good chasing the football player. I knocked him down, and the gang dog piled the sucker. BUT, the protein powder escaped and was stolen by an alien on a hoverboard! 

You gotta waggle to tackle!
    I was doing pretty good with chasing the alien, but ultimately I failed when a Mecha Muscle dude appeared. 

The three stages, by the way, are City, Village, and Space Station. Each has three different rounds of play, with two unique thieves per stage, and one common final thief. I like the Space Station thieves the best, though the village ones were pretty cool. 

All the characters in the background are like dancing cardboard cutouts, while objects are 3D models. For the first and second stage, I got up to the third thief, but I ultimately gave up because it was difficult! You're gonna need some good reflexes for that last thief. 

BUT, I did complete the entire third stage with one continue. At the end of each game you get a point total and are ranked in Muscle. 

There's also a four player Endless Rush mode, but I only tried the first player variant of it. In that mode, you chase down a Gold Mecha Muscle on a rainbow. 

Overall a really weird and awesome game. My only problem with it is that sometimes the poses can mess up, making you lose a heart. 
    Also, I'm not sure if you can unlock any extra characters... though it would be cool. 

I have to go back and beat that first and second stage. 

Also, I would like to add that this is what the Wii is about. 

No Caption Provided

The WiiConnect24 thing is pretty sweet. A few days ago, I got my TV back. That meant I could start playing Wii again. While adjusting all my system settings, I decided to take a look at my Adress Book. On there, I have a person named MetroidFan. I met this person around the time that Metroid Prime 3 Corruption came out. This was back in the days of GameSpot forums. We added each other and would exchange friend tokens to unlock stuff in the game. 

Its weird that after sending him a message, in what seemed like forever, he actually replied back. The thing I also like about this system, is that I can get messages and news through it, and my Wii tells shows me when I get new messages and news. 

Also, what is possibly the most underrated thing on the console is the game gifting option. People don't realize that we can actually share (for a price) our favorite games with our friends. Never played Balloon Fight? Gifted! Never played a single TurboGrafx game? Well now you can! 

Sure, the console doesn't keep me online 24/7. Nobody knows of my presence online. And I'm really fine with that. I'd rather you tell me what games you are playing than me having to check your achievement list or what not. 

Anyhoo, I also got to actually try my WiiSpeak a few days ago. AND I also got to do a 3 player Animal Crossing run. The WiiSpeak is actually a very interesting piece. Instead of a single person hogging a headset, everyone in the room can participate, and that is what I believe the Wii is going for. 

I could hear my friend, her boyfriend, and their parents speaking to one another. Their parents were actually speaking to each other, while their childrens fooled around on Animal Crossing in the same room which I just found to be nuts. One parent thanked the other over WiiSpeak for the Christmas cards they got... which was something interesting to experience for me. 

This is why the Wii is my main console. I know it sounds nuts, but it is. 
    And if I ever want that big ol' online 10 vs 10 deal, I play my TF2.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Emilio

Thanks to the cool dude that is Godwind for gifting this game, I get to write a post about Muscle March. 

All right, so this game came out in Japan last year, I believe, and havn't heard much from it since then. It was released today on the NA Virtual Console. 

First of all, the game is super colorful and the intro screen is a clear warning of what the game holds for you if you dare. I think a lot of people will be reminded of a Katamari flavor when playing this. 

There are seven characters to choose from, all different nationalities, so for my first run I went with Rossi the Cheerful Polar Bear from Norway. 

No Caption Provided
    With that I chose the first stage called CIty. City basically revolves around you running through a city! BUT WHY?? Because the body builder's protein powder has been stolen ( yeah, more like steroids, amirite? Except I do not believe Rossi would do steroids for Rossi is a Polar Bear)  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    So, I was doing pretty good, making all the poses and stuff, seeing my team mates slip on banana peels, until it I was the only one left. :( For the Warm-Up round I did pretty good chasing the football player. I knocked him down, and the gang dog piled the sucker. BUT, the protein powder escaped and was stolen by an alien on a hoverboard! 

I was doing pretty good with chasing the alien, but ultimately I failed when a Mecha Muscle dude appeared. 

The three stages, by the way, are City, Village, and Space Station. Each has three different rounds of play, with two unique thieves per stage, and one common final thief. I like the Space Station thieves the best, though the village ones were pretty cool. 

All the characters in the background are like dancing cardboard cutouts, while objects are 3D models. For the first and second stage, I got up to the third thief, but I ultimately gave up because it was difficult! You're gonna need some good reflexes for that last thief. 

BUT, I did complete the entire third stage with one continue. At the end of each game you get a point total and are ranked in Muscle. 

There's also a four player Endless Rush mode, but I only tried the first player variant of it. In that mode, you chase down a Gold Mecha Muscle on a rainbow. 

Overall a really weird and awesome game. My only problem with it is that sometimes the poses can mess up, making you lose a heart. 
    Also, I'm not sure if you can unlock any extra characters... though it would be cool. 

I have to go back and beat that first and second stage. 

Also, I would like to add that this is what the Wii is about. 

No Caption Provided

The WiiConnect24 thing is pretty sweet. A few days ago, I got my TV back. That meant I could start playing Wii again. While adjusting all my system settings, I decided to take a look at my Adress Book. On there, I have a person named MetroidFan. I met this person around the time that Metroid Prime 3 Corruption came out. This was back in the days of GameSpot forums. We added each other and would exchange friend tokens to unlock stuff in the game. 

Its weird that after sending him a message, in what seemed like forever, he actually replied back. The thing I also like about this system, is that I can get messages and news through it, and my Wii tells shows me when I get new messages and news. 

Also, what is possibly the most underrated thing on the console is the game gifting option. People don't realize that we can actually share (for a price) our favorite games with our friends. Never played Balloon Fight? Gifted! Never played a single TurboGrafx game? Well now you can! 

Sure, the console doesn't keep me online 24/7. Nobody knows of my presence online. And I'm really fine with that. I'd rather you tell me what games you are playing than me having to check your achievement list or what not. 

Anyhoo, I also got to actually try my WiiSpeak a few days ago. AND I also got to do a 3 player Animal Crossing run. The WiiSpeak is actually a very interesting piece. Instead of a single person hogging a headset, everyone in the room can participate, and that is what I believe the Wii is going for. 

I could hear my friend, her boyfriend, and their parents speaking to one another. Their parents were actually speaking to each other, while their childrens fooled around on Animal Crossing in the same room which I just found to be nuts. One parent thanked the other over WiiSpeak for the Christmas cards they got... which was something interesting to experience for me. 

This is why the Wii is my main console. I know it sounds nuts, but it is. 
    And if I ever want that big ol' online 10 vs 10 deal, I play my TF2.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

*shiver* 
    That is one freaky-ass game.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dalai

I did the unthinkable and bought it, downloaded it, and played it for 15 minutes since I can only handle 15 minutes of pure, weird Japanese a day.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Dalai said:
    " I did the unthinkable and bought it, downloaded it, and played it for 15 minutes since I can only handle 15 minutes of pure, weird Japanese a day. "
    You sir are far braver than I.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By rallier

A small word of caution here.

Do not play this game for extended sessions, you will feel severe physical pain...

NeoGecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By NeoGecko

this game looks way awesome, I am so glad that crap like this still comes out, even if it is no best "game."

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Emilio
    @Rallier:  
    Dude, trying to tackle the thieves is the most waggle I've had in a while! What a rush.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By beargirl1

oh my god.... 

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Emilio
    @AjayRaz said:
    " oh my god....  "
    OH YEAH! Nice Muscle!!
    TehFedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By TehFedro

Well, i'm gonna go kill myself.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

This game is fun, but when I played the japanese version, it wasn't that responsive, and the guy would either not do what I wanted, or flail around randomly. I hope it got fixed, cause I love the idea.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

I was mesmerized by the blue light. I love that blue glow.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By rallier
    @XII_Sniper said:

" This game is fun, but when I played the japanese version, it wasn't that responsive, and the guy would either not do what I wanted, or flail around randomly. I hope it got fixed, cause I love the idea. "

It worked fine for me. The thing to do is to just hold the wii remote and nunchuck next to eachother and slightly tilt them instead of actually mimicking the gesture. Mimicking the gesture works at te beginnning of a level but after a while new "doors" appear to fast to continue doing it.

@Emilio said:
    " @Rallier:  Dude, trying to tackle the thieves is the most waggle I've had in a while! What a rush. "
    I had a lot of trouble for  I believe the second level and tried it a couple of times in a row, my arms ached for 3 days afterwards ^^
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emilio
    @Rallier:  
    Yeah, I just kept my hands up so I'd only have to lower one hand or the other, or both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.