User Lists: 13

Poll The Mustard Poll (659 votes)

Yellow Mustard 15%
    Spicy/Brown Mustard 16%
    Dijon Mustard 9%
    Sweet Mustard 4%
    Any Mustard. All Mustards! 35%
    Mustard is the Devil. 21%

I love me a tasty mustard. Any Mustard. All Mustards. What say you?

• 
    coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By coaxmetal

This is the best stuff:

No Caption Provided

but I like almost any mustard. I love mustard.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Honey mustard. I love the honey mustard from Denny's. Not fancy, but damn it goes good with seasoned fries or chicken strips.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#53 fisk0  Moderator

I guess I like both spicier mustard (though it's a bright yellow one, maybe only produced in Sweden?) and honey mustard. The regular mustard isn't doing much for me though.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The only mustard I like is DJ Mustard.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jesus_Phish

People who don't like mustard should be noted as being terrible people. Both Dan and Jeff fell a number of points because of their horrible views on the deliciousness of all mustards.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 49th  Online

Dijon mustard is good on most sandwiches. Yellow mustard is nice when you want something mild or on hot dogs. English mustard is good with meat. Wholegrain mustard when you're feeling crazy.

_k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#57  Edited By _k1_

Either spicy brown or English mustard, depending on what it's going on.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

condiments are used for when you make food and have to mask you made a mistake. fuck condiments

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By archer88

@sterling said:

I don't eat it on hot dogs or burgers or anything. But I like it in my potato salad and used as an ingredient in cooking. But not as a condiment. Its required to be in potato salad, or its not a good potato salad.

This is also acceptable. I've had food that has mustard as an ingredient, properly mixed in with a bunch of other stuff, and that's fine. But anyone in this thread who puts mustard on like, a hot dog or a burger or a sandwich? You're monsters, all of you.

I put mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise and just about every hamburger I eat. Putting the mustard on separately makes me a monster, but what if I were to pre-mix the condiments into one mega condiment that I'm going to call Ketchotard or Kustarnaise and then add it to my burger? Am I still a monster?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By BisonHero

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

I don't eat it on hot dogs or burgers or anything. But I like it in my potato salad and used as an ingredient in cooking. But not as a condiment. Its required to be in potato salad, or its not a good potato salad.

This is also acceptable. I've had food that has mustard as an ingredient, properly mixed in with a bunch of other stuff, and that's fine. But anyone in this thread who puts mustard on like, a hot dog or a burger or a sandwich? You're monsters, all of you.

I put mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise and just about every hamburger I eat. Putting the mustard on separately makes me a monster, but what if I were to pre-mix the condiments into one mega condiment that I'm going to call Ketchotard or Kustarnaise and then add it to my burger? Am I still a monster?

That's probably fine, assuming the flavours of this mega condiment balance out nicely. But just throwing some mustard on a sandwich, so that once your tongue hits the mustard area, it's nothing but Mustardtown for the rest of the sandwich, is the part I am not OK with.

Also, do I know you? That's gonna seem like a real random question if the answer is "no".

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always think I'm going to enjoy mustard but anything I put it on turns into something I can no longer eat. I should learn my damn lesson and give up on that shit.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

That's probably fine, assuming the flavours of this mega condiment balance out nicely. But just throwing some mustard on a sandwich, so that once your tongue hits the mustard area, it's nothing but Mustardtown for the rest of the sandwich, is the part I am not OK with.

Also, do I know you? That's gonna seem like a real random question if the answer is "no".

Have you been to Mustardtown lately?

And yes, since grade school.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88 said:
    @bisonhero said:

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

Have you been to Mustardtown lately?

And yes, since grade school.

Alright, that would've been a weird coincidence otherwise.

Won't you take me to, Mustardtown?

Loading Video...

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mustard is delicious.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

Actually that is called 'Fry Sauce' and is already sold by many companies. Its rather good.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
    deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What no hot English mustard? What kind of poll is this?

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A baked ham is entirely inedible to me without a sharp mustard to compliment.

Proper mustard use is similar to proper wasabi use. You want the hottest possible to which you can then use small quantity to affect the desired flavour profile. To those who will slather a mass quantity of mild yellow on a hotdog, I say, you there, you need a stronger mustard, moar of the weak yellow will serve you no better and shall drown away your hotdog.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized when reading those poll options that I like pretty much all types of mustard.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which mustard should be the first mustard I try?

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#70  Edited By TechHits

@joshwent said:

Honey mustard

this guy gets it.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mustard is nasty. I've only eaten one sandwich in my life that had mustard on it that I actually liked, and even then I would have prefered it if it didn't have mustard.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

Actually that is called 'Fry Sauce' and is already sold by many companies. Its rather good.

I thought "fry sauce" was just mayo and ketchup.Or maybe that's called fancy sauce...

Loading Video...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88 said:

@sterling said:

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

I thought "fry sauce" was just mayo and ketchup.Or maybe that's called fancy sauce...

Loading Video...

I love that movie. But Fancy, Fry, Special, Artic Cirlce. Its all the same thing. Some times it has more than just those two things in it. The one I buy at Safeway, 'Big Boy Fry Sauce' has mustard and worchestire in it. Its really good.

Stamps1723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any kind of mustard ANY TIME. World's finest condiment.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ichthy

I think a grainy mustard is my go-to, but they each have their place. Yellow mustard on hotdogs, spicy mustard on certain sandwiches, dijon in burgers or marinades.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I never knew about the anti-mustard feelings until this week. What is wrong with you people? Mustard makes the burger/hot dog/sandwich.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not a fan of mustard. I get irrationally angry if I order a burger and mustard gets put on it. I'll still eat the burger but I'll do it very angrily while holding in my rage. Not a healthy situation so I do my best to avoid it. That being said I will try really hot mustards and put them on a cracker or something just to see how hot the mustard is. The hotness generally overwhelms the taste of the mustard so I can deal with that every once in a while.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@archer88 said:

@sterling said:

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

Loading Video...

I love that movie. But Fancy, Fry, Special, Artic Cirlce. Its all the same thing. Some times it has more than just those two things in it. The one I buy at Safeway, 'Big Boy Fry Sauce' has mustard and worchestire in it. Its really good.

Fuck me, that does sound good. Also...@sterling@archer88. Funny how that worked out.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

I make a kick-ass sausage stroganoff with dijon mustard, and i love it when my favorite bar make burgers with dijon dressing.

And really hot mustard is awesome on a otherwise dull hot dog.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Sterling
    @archer88 said:

@sterling said:

@archer88 said:

@sterling said:

@archer88 said:

@bisonhero said:

@sterling said:

Loading Video...

Fuck me, that does sound good. Also...@sterling@archer88. Funny how that worked out.

Now we just need someone named Dutches to join the conversation!

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As many have already stated, each style of mustard has a unique and beautiful place in this world.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The verdict is in... Mustard Rules. Also, Mustard talk... In SPACE!

Loading Video...

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The choices should be:

English,

French,

Weird american stuff.

All three have their place.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will accept all mustards. Give them to me.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Good in small amounts unless honey mustard which some brands aren't bad.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to hate mustard but as I grew i came to love it. Each is great in the right condition. Hell i cant eat a hotdog without some now.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I love mustard, but if I had a gun to my head and had to choose one I'd probably go with the spicy brown goodness.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet the people who don't like mustard also don't like other strong flavors like feta cheese, dark chocolate, etc. It's super tragic because if your palate accepts these flavors it's like your taste buds are orgasming (indecent analogy, but I feel it's accurate). Some of you might know what I'm talking about! Even just thinking about it makes my mouth salivate.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've never had American style pseudo-mustard but I always imagine it to be terrible? If you can eat more than ~1 atom of it in one go without your face going on fire then it doesn't count as mustard imo.

Ketchup is nice, but let's face it, it's nice because it's totally loaded with sugar. It's basically tomato jam.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the mustards! Except the mass-murdery kind...

No option for mustard gas?

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honey Mustard all over this place that is what I want to see!

fyrtail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never, EVER eat mustard. But I had some on a Cuban the other day and I suppose it was okay.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@joshwent said:

Honey mustard

The only answer that is acceptable.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
    deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only like mustard on some kind of deli sandwhich.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Sbaitso

I'll occasionally have mustard on a burger or some other kind of sandwich, but I don't always want it there.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mang! What's wrong with 22% of people? Mustard - in almost all of its forms - is awesome! The best condiment by far. Ketchup is nothing but tomato flavored sugar. Mayo is potentially good but unfortunately mostly vile. Even a cheap shitty yellow mustard is better than both 95% of the time. A decent spicy, or dijon mustard with seeds in it is 2000% better 100% of the time! MUSTARD!!!!

jchenderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having just spent a couple of weeks in the US I have to say I love your use of mustard. The shit is awesome on burgers and deli sandwiches.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ZmillA

Mustards great. I remember when I used to not like it. I do know. I have a refined palette. I like pickles now also.

I use mustard on sandwiches instead of mayo now

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Mustard is a perfectly acceptable condiment in moderation. All kinds, even plain-ass yellow mustard.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yellow mustard is for children. Stone ground or Chinese are the only options.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.