Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Namco

Company »

Namco is a Japanese developer and publisher who found enormous success with console video games and in the early days of arcades, through to the present. In 2005, they merged with Bandai.

Which franchises from Namco that you wish them to return?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello there Namco fans!

The following franchises from this company that I really wish them to return are:

• Ridge Racer (This IP has been on hiatus for about 5 years, the company doesn't have anything to say about that)
    • Dirt Dash (Only one installment for this IP and it was Namco's answer to Sega Rally)
    • Xevious (They haven't done anything new with this franchise apart from references and crossovers for their other IPs)
    • Valkyrie (Namco hasn't done anything with this franchise for over a decade aside from having crossover appearances)
    plinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I dunno if you can call this Namco and if this really counts since it got remade recently, but I really hope they give the Reroll treatment to We ❤️️ Katamari. I was going back and playing through the Katamari games and I think that one is probably the best after the original. I also learned through the wiki just now that it was the last one Keita Takahashi was involved in and I actually forgot that he left. I guess we won't really get more new games but Reroll looked so great that I really hope they at least remake that one. I tried the PS3 one but I wasn't really into it...it felt like the 2nd game was better even though it was on an older system.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd like a Ridge Racer Type 4 sequel. Something about that game still feels unique to me.

And a modern Klonoa would be nice to see.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rage Racer!

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Splatferhouse or Tekken Tag. Some part of me wants to say Xenosaga but it'd be a distant third.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Hotshot Racing really made me hungry for some more Ridge Racer. The We ❤️️ Katamari remake idea from @plinko also sounds good. It's weird that we haven't seen some sort of VR Time Crisis yet. Ace Combat hasn't really gone away but I'm a big fan of the franchise and would love to see a current-gen game in the series.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If Namco wants to create a new installment of Valkyrie, I want it to be a 3D action-adventure game with cell shading models to make it look like anime.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hansberg

My question in response to this would be, what would you get out of Namco forcibly resuscitating a franchise that you couldn't get out of a similar game from another developer? If most of the development team from the previous entries has moved on, and the new developers would bring different sensibilities, then would you not simply be getting a new game in the spirit of the old and long untouched franchise? If that's the case then there's a good chance that what you want is already being provided elsewhere, without needing to drag out a franchise name. If Namco has seemingly neglected a franchise to the point where it is mostly forgotten as an ongoing concern, then it's probably better for it to stay dormant or dead.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Namco's one of those names that feels intrinsic to the gaming industry and yet I have almost no nostalgia for or interest in other than acknowledging their pioneering work in the history of arcades. To me it made perfect sense when they got swallowed up by Bandai.

Scrolled through their games on Wikipedia and it was really only Tekken through Tekken Tag that meant much to me, and that series is still going strong. Of course I'd love for someone to just buy the rights to Xenogears Perfect Works and make exactly that timeline into a reality, including a full remake of the original Xenogears, but that's ultimately not what Xenosaga had ambitions of being and Namco ultimately doesn't have rights over the entire "Xenoverse" so I couldn't really expect Namco to ever be the ones to do that.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.