No recent wiki edits to this page.
In Nidhogg, two players compete to reach opposite ends of a linear, 2D map. Players are forced to remain on the same screen, however, resulting in a tug of war where one player must defeat the other in combat and quickly run to their goal before the other player respawns
To defeat the opposing player, jumping, sliding
, swords, and fists are all made available. Sword stances allow blades to be held at three different levels during a fight, and the swords themselves can even be thrown
for a ranged attack. If this thrown sword kills an opponent, the player must then decide whether to spend valuable time to retrieve the sword or run towards the goal.
Awards and Nominations
- 1st place, Indie Games Arcade, Eurogame Expo
- 1st place, Audience Award, Fantastic Arcade
- Bloodsport of the Year 2010, Fantastic Arcade
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize, GDC 2011 (nominated)
- Excellence in Design, GDC 2011 (nominated)
- Nuovo Award, GDC 2011 (won)