Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Thinking of gettng a DS (again)

Avatar image for iichristian89ii
    IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IIChristian89II

I thought i would do the right thing and ask the DS community on Giantbomb if it would be a worthwhile investment. 

I grew up on hand helds such as the Game boy, Game gear and to be honest i prefer them to consoles. 

I own a 360 and i am considering selling it and sticking to hand helds.  There is only so much call of duty a guy can take haha  

So is anyone else here exclusive to hand held gaming should i just go for it?

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By HaroldoNVU

Now might not be the right time. wait a few months until we have a confirmed price for the 3DS.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Why not just wait until the 3DS next year?  

Well, I've been rocking a DS Phat since the week they came out a long-ass time ago (2004), and there are a LOT of really great games for it. Unless you'd rather wait for the 3DS, I'd say get one. 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Weird, I was just thinking about picking up a GBA SP again. Mine was stolen in LAX in 2005, then I got a DS and never played a bunch of awesome games, and my 14 games were taken, too.

IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IIChristian89II
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Weird, I was just thinking about picking up a GBA SP again. Mine was stolen in LAX in 2005, then I got a DS and never played a bunch of awesome games, and my 14 games were taken, too. "
    the gba:sp is awsome i have mine with me most of the time lol pokemon fire red ftw :)
    IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IIChristian89II

im not sure im too bothered about getting a 3ds i was gonna stick with a ds lite tbh it does what i need it to do and they are fairly cheap now :)

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By benjaebe

I stopped playing DS games for awhile, but recently picked up the Professor Layton trilogy when it was on sale on Black Friday. Holy shit those games are addictive. With other games like Pokemon Black & White, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, etc coming out or already out, now is a great time to own a DS. I'd keep your 360 though, because you never know when something great is gonna come out.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @IIChristian89II said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    " Weird, I was just thinking about picking up a GBA SP again. Mine was stolen in LAX in 2005, then I got a DS and never played a bunch of awesome games, and my 14 games were taken, too. "
    the gba:sp is awsome i have mine with me most of the time lol pokemon fire red ftw :) "
    I slammed mine in a door last week by accident cause it was in my jacket pocket.  I'm sad.
    Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

i have my DS and have two games for it. (pokemon heartgold and kingdom hearts 358/2) i put a ton of time into pokemon, havent started kingdom hearts. theres actually a few ds games id like to pick up. (golden sun, pokemon black, final fantasy four heroes of light, and the new KH game i cant remember the full title of). 

i came into this advising you not to bother with another one. and now, alls im realizing is im going to need to save up some more money for DS games as well as 360 games

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I say wait for the 3DS, it looks amazing 0_o

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By keyhunter

The first 2 thirds of my life I always had a hendheld of some sort in my bag or pocket. Then I got a car and handheld gaming became completely worthless. 
    Fortunately for me, the 3DS is coming out next year, which happens to be when I'll be working camp jobs. Which means lots of transit, and lots of sitting around away from home.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You should probably wait until the 3DS comes out next year. Then you can either get a 3DS which will be backwards compatible with DS games, OR you can get an ordinary DS/DSi for a greatly reduced price.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The DS has a lot of amazing games.. I've been playing through the new Golden Sun lately and been loving it. 
    But at this point, you may as well hold off for the 3DS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.