Do you still care about Nintendo?

• 138 results
#101 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

Nintendo who? Oh wait, my name is red. Why? Because...

#102 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

@Claude said:

Your name is Claude, you love your Wii, you love your goddamn Wii?

#103 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -
@Snail said:

@Claude said:

Your name is Claude, you love your Wii, you love your goddamn Wii?

Pretty much

#104 Posted by Paarthurnax (22 posts) -
@Video_Game_King

@Nightriff said:

Yes I care

For Fire Emblem.

Yes. Yes. And More yes. If they brought fire emblem to the WiiU that would increase my interest in Nintendo again. What they have planned for now and the "launch window" doesn't seem that interesting.
#105 Edited by TechnoSyndrome (842 posts) -

I care, but I no longer have 100% faith in any "main" title they put out.

#106 Posted by Humanity (9054 posts) -

I haven't cared in a while.

#107 Posted by fjor (297 posts) -

still no1 for me after all this years :)

#108 Posted by Giefcookie (598 posts) -

No. I care about good games, no matter who or what company developes / publishes them.

#109 Posted by isomeri (1254 posts) -

I care about Nintendo and their franchises, but haven't had any interest in their consoles for a while. I wish that they would stop making hardware and concentrate on making awesome Zelda, Mario, Pokemon etc. games on other platforms.

#110 Posted by ikilledthedj (279 posts) -

This should be a poll. I never did care apart from a handle full of first partie games there is never much to write home about

#111 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Sure. I still may not be as in love with their games as I used to, but I still want Nintendo to succeed and make fun games.

#112 Posted by Korolev (1703 posts) -

I am, to some extent. Not nearly as much as I used to be, though. I bought a 3DS, and I am interested in what Nintendo puts out, but to be honest, I can't see myself buying a WiiU at all and the Wii I got was barely used. A new Zelda or Mario game just isn't enough for me anymore. To younger audiences, I'm sure those new Zelda and Mario games are great, but they aren't for me - I've played too many that were very similar to each other.

#113 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -

Sorry, Nintendo. But I've moved on.

#114 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

Last time i cared it was back in NES times.

#115 Posted by haggis (1677 posts) -

We should all care about Nintendo, even those of us for whom the WiiU doesn't hold much appeal. Nintendo seems to have written off a large section of the games market, either deliberately or because it's stubborn (especially about online gaming), and so it's easy for us to similarly write them off. I think having a diverse console market means having companies out there who are basically doing their own thing, even if their direction drives me absolutely nuts (which, right now, it does).

I know there are some out their rooting for Nintendo's failure, but I'm not one of them. The best way to keep pressure on these console makers to deliver real quality games and services is to have all three major console makers healthy and competing. I can't stand Nintendo's WiiU, but I'm happy it's out there, and I'm still fascinated by the things their doing (even if I'll never buy them).

#116 Edited by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Always... just not enough to buy their console.

#117 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Maybe but they have been making some bizarre decisions that are impacting on their fan base in a very negative way.

#118 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

The only Nintendo franchises I care for are Fire Emblem and Pikmin so I guess I care.

#119 Posted by Hunter5024 (5614 posts) -

I think I was at the point where I didn't care a year ago, but that was mostly because they weren't localizing the latest Fire Emblem and there hadn't been a Nintendo game I got excited about in years. After playing Skyward Sword and Mario 3d Land (almost reluctantly), and with an awesome looking new Fire Emblem on the way, I'd definitely say I care. Maybe I don't care about them as a hardware developer, but in terms of games I'd say they are in my top 3 favorite companies.

#120 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

Yes.

#121 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

Sometime I lay awake at night dreaming of seeing Nintendo games on Steam, like Sega. Come on Disney buy them out and turn them into a software company. You know you wanna.

#122 Posted by NiKva (128 posts) -

Not very much. They have good handhelds.

Not enjoying their latest consoles.

#123 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

I like Mario and Zelda but I don't think I care about those franchises. The only Nintendo franchises I truly care about are Metroid and F-Zero and those seem to be stuck somewhere in Nintendo's vault of "Maybe we'll make these one day!". I think their hardware is always interesting but I don't really care about it. I bought the Wii because I was having video game fatigue at the start of this console generation and it looked unique. And it was. It just wasn't as good as I hoped. But it isn't as bad as most people who would look at a video game forum would believe either.

....so there's that. I guess I don't really care but I'm not opposed to caring at some point in the future.

#124 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

I still care about a lot of their IP's. I would love it if nintendo could figure out what the hell they're doing and make an awesome gaming machine again (I'm a gamecube fan) but if they became a third party company who made multiplatform games I'd be alright with that.

#125 Posted by Pr1mus (3872 posts) -

I haven't cared about Nintendo since the N64.

#126 Posted by Turambar (6738 posts) -

Do they still make Kirby and Fire Emblem games? Yeah? Then I care a whole lot.

#127 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Not as much as I wish I did, that's for sure.

#128 Posted by ProfessorEss (7323 posts) -

Sadly, no :(

Or at least little enough that I kinda have to answer this question with a no.

#129 Posted by Tesla (1919 posts) -

Not at all. They have the shovelware market cornered. I have no time for game after game that does nothing more than feebly attempt to reproduce past success.

#130 Edited by me3639 (1753 posts) -

Zero.Zero  

#131 Posted by RioStarwind (524 posts) -

Since I grew up with Nintendo they still have some hold on how awesome they were then. But what they've been doing with the Wii/WiiU hasn't really made me like them as much. Still love just about everything they make on the 3DS though. So uh I kinda still like them.

#132 Posted by jmood88 (394 posts) -

I've never cared much about Nintendo and their recent moves haven't changed my opinion of them.

#133 Posted by Nux (2330 posts) -

Only for Zelda and Fire Emblem. Other then that, not really.

#134 Posted by ChosenOne (203 posts) -

Generally no, but I need them for Fire Emblem since it's the closest thing to Shining Force. So because of that I'll eventually have to buy a 3DS and a Wii U.

#135 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

No, Nintendo has nothing that interests me anymore.

#136 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I never did

#137 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

Kid Icarus: Uprising was fantastic and pretty much a new IP, plus they've released the best Pokemon games I've played in years, one of which was the only 'third' version of a Pokemon game that I thought was good enough to purchase, since it wasn't really a third version.

I think the Wii U isn't looking so great, but they're granting my wish by making a Pikmin 3, and I have a deep respect for them after they saved Bayonetta 2. I'm not exactly happy with what they're doing to Paper Mario, but Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is looking promising, and the 3DS is actually a great system.

So yeah, I do question some things that Nintendo have been doing, but they're a great company.

#138 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

I grew up with Nintendo, so it's hard not to care about them, but it's definitely not what it used to be. They're still my overall favorite developer, but the gap is closing pretty fast. They're watering down Mario with all these recycled releases, the last Metroid was pretty stale, the Wii--though great in many ways--had so many problems, the Zelda series is still very well done but hasn't come close to the innovation of the N64 games.

They're just real wobbly anymore. Still sometimes great, often meh, and sometimes pure shit. It's definitely not what I want to see from them. But I still love a lot of what of they do, and am by no means ready to write them off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.