E3 2010 - Nintendo Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

created by buzz_clik, winner of the Nintendo E3 Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2010 Nintendo Press Conference Discussion!

Welcome my fellow Giant Bomb comrades! Unless you have be living under a rock that doesn't have internet access, you know that this week is E3 2010. As with tradition, this means that the "Big Three" will be giving press conferences to discuss their past, present, and future in the video game industry. To make the community less chaotic and easier to navigate, we have created a "sticky" thread for each conference. in this thread, we ask that you come here to discuss your general feelings/opinions/thoughts on the Nintendo press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is dedicated solely for general discussion of the Nintendo press conference. What this means is:

• Only discussion of the Nintendo press conference is allowed. Please keep the discussions of the Microsoft and Sony press conference in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the World Cup or interleague play in MLB? Do so in other threads.

Any posts/discussions found in this thread that do not relate to the Nintendo press conference will result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Specific Announcements

As with every E3 press conference, there will be specific announcements that you most certainly want to talk about. While we love your enthusiasm, we want this thread to only be about the overall general discussion of the Nintendo press conference. Therefore, we ask you to discuss the specific announcements in the forums of their respective Wiki pages. You can learn how best to do this in our

E3 2010 and You!

thread.

Game Forums

Like with specific announcements, we would like you to not get into discussions of individual games in this thread and instead post your topics/discussions in their respective forums(again, you can learn how to this in the aforementioned

E3 and You!

thread). Also, please refrain from loading the

Wii

DS

, and

3DS

fo

rums with discussions of individual games. Breaking either rule will result in the user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during E3 tomfoolery, the general rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can refresh your memory about them in the

Site Rules & FAQs

thread. There you can learn about all of the rules of not only the Forums, but also the Wiki, which I am sure many of you will be heavily involved with this week. The sequence of punishments for infractions against these rules still apply as well.

#2 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Now open for discussion!

Also, congratulations to buzz_clik for his winning submission for the Nintendo E3 Banner Challenge!

#3 Posted by LuchaBear (30 posts) -

I'm excited to see the 3DS. 

#4 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@LuchaBear said:
" I'm excited to see the 3DS.  "
It will definitely be interesting to see in action.
#5 Posted by Teoball (609 posts) -

I really don't have any expectations from nintendo. I'm looking forward to a new zelda, but nothing else.

#6 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

After the letdown that was Microsoft, Nintendo better have a strong showing. I'm holding out for Zelda, Pikmin 3, and the 3DS. I saw a rumour story on IGN about a Retro Studios developed Donkey Kong, but that might just be crazy talk.

#7 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

I wonder what will happen!

#8 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Congratulations Buzz!
#9 Posted by Slurpelve (612 posts) -

Hoping it will be better then the xbox 360 Conference.

#10 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

If they actually announce Zelda Wii and show gameplay, with a hard date, it probably will.

#11 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@Hamz: That realistic Buzz Lightyear image terrifies me.
#12 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Zelda! Zelda! Zelda! 

Am I going to be severely disappointed?

#13 Posted by JackBauerCTU225 (127 posts) -

Zelda and hopefully Starfox will be there

#14 Posted by Fallen189 (5020 posts) -

I hope Iwata twirls his moustache

#15 Posted by Habu23 (3 posts) -

MEGATON HAMMER!
Should be cool, especially if we get Star Fox, Zelda, and some other stuff.

#16 Edited by PS3RG (424 posts) -

Zelda and 3DS should be interesting. Any chance of a Wii HD??

#17 Edited by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:

" Zelda! Zelda! Zelda!  Am I going to be severely disappointed? "

If you are only expecting Zelda and nothing else, it's hard to imagine being disappointed with standards so low.

@PS3RG said:

" Zelda and 3DS should be interesting. Any chance of a Wii HD?? "

None whatsoever. Nintendo has said they don't want to do re-release the same system just with HD graphics, and the rest of the internet is just fine with the SD graphics by now. If they announce a new console, it will be their next-gen console, but that is hard to see since they are going to unveil their next0gen handheld this year.
#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

If you are only expecting Zelda and nothing else, it's hard to imagine being disappointed with standards so low.  "
So Zelda confirmed?
#19 Posted by McPaper (255 posts) -

Is anybody else watching it just for the cheesy acting and over the top engrish?

#20 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

If you are only expecting Zelda and nothing else, it's hard to imagine being disappointed with standards so low.  "
So Zelda confirmed? "
Yeah, it was confirmed at last E3 to be shown at this E3, with the game almost finished.

@McPaper said:
" Is anybody else watching it just for the cheesy acting and over the top engrish? "

Cammie never disappoints.
#21 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

So Zelda confirmed? "
Yeah, it was confirmed at last E3 to be shown at this E3, with the game almost finished. "  
I hope you're right.
#22 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

So Zelda confirmed? "
Yeah, it was confirmed at last E3 to be shown at this E3, with the game almost finished. "  
I hope you're right. "
Well, if I am wrong, sorry for ruining your day. I have a cousin that will be very mad if they don't show Zelda.

I myself am more excited for Xenoblade and The Last Story.
#23 Posted by MacGoesZoom (75 posts) -

I hope something about Zelda is announced, and maybe the ability to bring some Virtual Console to my Dsi...

#24 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

So Zelda confirmed? "
I hope you're right. "
Well, if I am wrong, sorry for ruining your day. I have a cousin that will be very mad if they don't show Zelda.  I myself am more excited for Xenoblade and The Last Story. "
I see you wrote the majority of those pages. I may like  The Last Story since I liked Lost Odyssey a lot. I don't know about Xenoblade. I played a lot of Xenogears back in the day, but I have no idea if the two are even similar.  :P
#25 Posted by Steve_C (1751 posts) -

Excited for this one. Zelda, 3DS and Retro Donkey Kong I hope. And then more surprises on top.

I want Metroid to win me over. From when it was first announced i've had a bad feeling.

#26 Posted by damswedon (3194 posts) -

Everything i have heard about the new Zelda makes me want to punch Miyamoto in the face. 
Nintendo have a lot to prove on the Wii. 
Just give us a Golden Sun DS demo/ Trailer.

#27 Posted by Tireyo (6420 posts) -

:( My fingers are crossed.

#28 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

I'm not home right now so I'm hoping that my internet will be fast enough to get a decent quality stream going.  I want to see Zelda live.  

#29 Posted by Tireyo (6420 posts) -
@Peacemaker:  If you had G4 where you are at, you can watch it on TV instead of online if you are worried.
#30 Posted by Hike77 (14 posts) -

Would love to see the 3DS have graphics on par with the Wii, that would make me laugh.

#31 Posted by chainsofatlas (26 posts) -

There has been alot of talk recently about how they are going to change this Zelda up. hopefully they are right. Although ill be happy even if they don't :).

#32 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Woah! Seeing people posts on this reminded me about Golden Sun DS. I completely forgot that they had announced that!

#33 Posted by Tireyo (6420 posts) -
@chainsofatlas:  As long as it isn't going to be like Majora's Mask in a way where it sort of times you, then it should be alright. I hate being timed and/or sort of timed. Repeating the process over and over would be a hassle.
#34 Posted by Milkman (16838 posts) -

I'm not really sure what to expect at all, except the 3DS.

#35 Posted by sionweeks (649 posts) -

ZEEEEEEEELLLLLLLDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love an E3 with a new console Zelda. Never more excited about games than when a new one is announced. I'm like a kid at Christmas, I can't WAIT for the conference!

#36 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

3DS and a bunch of terribly awkward moments. My body is ready.

#37 Posted by Grianspog (22 posts) -

Fzero wii needs to happen

#38 Posted by pseudomyxoma (108 posts) -

Pretty much just interested in seeing what the 3DS will be all about

#39 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@CitizenKane: ahh, so you are going to choose one from the three best eh? 
#40 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Curse you people in better time zones. 

#41 Posted by pseudomyxoma (108 posts) -
@Hourai said:
" Curse you people in better time zones.  "
I always think central time zone has to be the best for E3 since usually the conferences are right around lunch time
#42 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @Hamz: That realistic Buzz Lightyear image terrifies me. "
It's like he is staring into my soul...
#43 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
@pseudomyxoma said:
" @Hourai said:
I always think central time zone has to be the best for E3 since usually the conferences are right around lunch time "
On Eastern Time, the conference is literally at noon sharp.
#44 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -
@pseudomyxoma said:
" @Hourai said:
I always think central time zone has to be the best for E3 since usually the conferences are right around lunch time "
Starts at 11 AM over there, right? 9 AM over here, which sucks because I have to go to my first couple classes today to hand stuff in. Going to skip the second half of my classes though so I can at least watch the Sony conference in time :)
#45 Posted by mjk1 (205 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @pseudomyxoma said:
" @Hourai said:
On Eastern Time, the conference is literally at noon sharp. "
Its going to be 5pm here in the UK, thats a pretty good time, Sony conf. at 8pm. prime time!
#46 Posted by Steve_C (1751 posts) -

Yeah. 5pm over here. I just had an important exam earlier which I felt good about, so sitting at home with E3 hype watching conferences makes everything perfect.

#47 Posted by gike987 (1758 posts) -

It starts at 6pm here. Of course it doesn't matter when it starts because schools over (ended last Friday).  

#48 Posted by Thisguy (55 posts) -

Can any one name any games there excited for other then Zelda?

#49 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Not long now. Lets do this Nintendo.

#50 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Thisguy said:
" Can any one name any games there excited for other then Zelda? "
Metroid other M

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.