Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Do you use premium mice/keyboards?

• 58 results
    Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bobdaman18
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm not sure what's considered "premium", but I spent like $50 on my logitech G5 laser tracking mouse with weight adjustment. It's a very comfortable mouse. But I'm not using G7's or anything.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bobdaman18

So I'm using a standard Microsoft keyboard and mouse:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109156

and I have christmas money to spent and I got my eye on a g500 but I'm not sure if its worth it.  I play games almost exclusively on pc but i'm not sure if gaming mice are on the level of speakers when it comes to things you should really upgrade or if its more on the level of a "gaming chair. "  What do you guys think?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EpicSteve
    @Bobdaman18 said:
    " So I'm using a standard Microsoft keyboard and mouse:   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109156  and I have christmas money to spent and I got my eye on a g500 but I'm not sure if its worth it.  I play games almost exclusively on pc but i'm not sure if gaming mice are on the level of speakers when it comes to things you should really upgrade or if its more on the level of a "gaming chair. "  What do you guys think? "
    No dude, a keyboard is a keyboard. With mice, do long as your is comfortable and functions, you're good to go. Spend money on better things like internal hardware and games.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I suppose you mean expensive when you say premium.  I've got a Razer Lachesis and a DeathAdder. (-I got a 2.0 version for Christmas but I'm not using it yet) I wouldn't be happy playing games on PC without something of a similar quality.  With my current set up, I have nothing at all to complain about, both mouse and keyboard fulfil their roles well outside of gaming. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust

The further i got  was a 20$ hp mouse for my hp laptop. So probably not. 

I never needed a premium item to play any game. My all purpose mouse and keyboard do just fine.

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kblt

Buy a keyboard that'll last so when you spill something on it won't stop working like g15 I had. Also Razer mice are greater-than-god tier

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kmdrkul

I have a Saitek keyboard which I suppose could be considered premium; I got it because it's got backlit keys and the way the actual keys click feel really nice.  I don't game on the PC anymore, though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @EpicSteve said:

" @Bobdaman18 said:

" So I'm using a standard Microsoft keyboard and mouse:   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109156  and I have christmas money to spent and I got my eye on a g500 but I'm not sure if its worth it.  I play games almost exclusively on pc but i'm not sure if gaming mice are on the level of speakers when it comes to things you should really upgrade or if its more on the level of a "gaming chair. "  What do you guys think? "

No dude, a keyboard is a keyboard. With mice, do long as your is comfortable and functions, you're good to go. Spend money on better things like internal hardware and games. "

It's not as simple as that, it does depend on what type of games you play, obviously those who play RTS game will benefit from the customization options available on more expensive types. For myself, I bought a "premium"/ gaming model for the faster response time on keys which aids my typing too. I also like to play in the dark, with WASD keys lit up and nothing else. My chosen model allowed me to do that. There's also for some gamers the issue of how easy it is to carry about at LAN events, any good gaming keyboard is designed well for that. It's true what you say on on your latter point though, but then once you have such a set up, you will naturally seek to experience it in the best possible way. Once you've had a really good gaming keyboard, you don't really want to go back to using something that feels like it's not designed with gaming primarily in mind. 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

No, I don't see the point for myself.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bobdaman18

By premium I mean anything that's pegged as a "gaming" or "luxury" item.  I'd count things like the g5.  It just strikes me as kind of strange that I spend so much on all the other parts of my computer but I'm using a $10 mouse.  I might pull the trigger on the g500 on my way home.  I got the g9 on a really good sale a while ago and i absolutely hated it so I'm just worried of that happening again.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By 71Ranchero

I use all wireless for my pc gaming and browsing(gasp!). At the moment my keyboard is a Logitech s510 and my mouse is a Logitech Laser mouse.  

I do not like Razor mice at all. First of all wires are obsolete and second I dont feel they justify the price tag.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By torus

A Logitech G5 is a high-performance mouse... I don't see how you could really go better than that. Anything else is really a matter of taste.

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kblt
    @Linkyshinks said:
     I also like to play in the dark, with WASD keys lit up and nothing else. d. "
    Why would you need lit-up WASD? I can find WASD with my hands even in pitch-black room.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By gosukiller

I guess a case can be made for both. I used to have a stock keyboard and a ball-mouse for quite some time, while my friends were getting the Logitech MX518 and G15. Now that I have the g15 and the g500 (gave my old G5 away) I couldn't imagine using my old stuff, but before getting it it wasn't like my friends were kicking my ass at the various games we play. 

What I'm trying to say is: You might not think much of high tech premium mice/keyboards, but once you get used to their features, you will never want to go back.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Atramentous said:

" I use all wireless for my pc gaming and browsing(gasp!). At the moment my keyboard is a Logitech s510 and my mouse is a Logitech Laser mouse.   I do not like Razor mice at all. First of all wires are obsolete and second I dont feel they justify the price tag. "

It's an intentional design decision, wires are far more reliable than wireless devices. 
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cstrang

I use my touchpad for everything.  It severely limits the games I can play, but i always end up drifting away from a wireless mouse.  I have one somewhere...

Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kblt
    @Atramentous said:
    First of all wires are obsolete  "
    I once had a wireless mouse. It asked to be loaded ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jeust
    @Kblt said:
    " Buy a keyboard that'll last so when you spill something on it won't stop working like g15 I had."
    I spilled twice coke on my keyboard and still works like a charm lol
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Atramentous said:

" I use all wireless for my pc gaming and browsing(gasp!). At the moment my keyboard is a Logitech s510 and my mouse is a Logitech Laser mouse.   I do not like Razor mice at all. First of all wires are obsolete and second I dont feel they justify the price tag. "

It's an intentional design decision, wires are far more reliable than wireless devices.  "
    Yah, maybe 10 years ago. There is no reason to have a high priced mouse in this day and age and have a wire. Wireless lag has been obliterated and as long as you dont hide your sensor under a pound of dirty clothes then you wont have any issues. 
    Kblt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kblt
    @Jeust said:
    " @Kblt said:
    " Buy a keyboard that'll last so when you spill something on it won't stop working like g15 I had."
    I spilled twice coke on my keyboard and still works like a charm lol "
    I spilled some on the screen it has and it went kind of *boom*. Shit sucked
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jeust
    @Kblt said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Kblt said:
    I spilled twice coke on my keyboard and still works like a charm lol "
    I spilled some on the screen it has and it went kind of *boom*. Shit sucked "
    That was bad!  

Never happened to me, but i only spilled twice coke on it, almost consecutively, what was weird.  :p
    Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aeterna

Considering I'm using a G15 and a G9 on an old Icemat.. Yes, yes I am.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24  Edited By Cerza

Yes I do.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Kblt said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
     I also like to play in the dark, with WASD keys lit up and nothing else. d. "
    Why would you need lit-up WASD? I can find WASD with my hands even in pitch-black room. "

I have found it helps when playing in the dark. When your fingers stray even a little in the heat of battle, you notice immediately through the light that escapes. 

No Caption Provided
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I have a steel series ikari merc keyboard and mouse. It helps me aim because there are different settings on the fly for sniping and stuff if necessary.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#27  Edited By sjschmidt93

I have a G15 Logitech keyboard and some Logitech gaming mouse.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#28  Edited By wefwefasdf

I have a standard Microsoft keyboard and I just replaced my Microsoft mouse yesterday with a $13 HP mouse because my other one was wore out. Personally, I don't think it is worth it and would rather spend my money on another game or save it for later upgrading my rig.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

I used to think expensive mice/keyboard were a huge waste of money. Then I seen a razer mouse on sale and it just so happened my mouse was starting to wear out so I bought it. It was a huge improvement + it was also quite a bit more comfortable. MUCH more precise. I haven't gotten a chance to try a premium keyboard though, if I were to get one it wouldn't be a G15 or something like that. It would probably be more towards the Belkin N52TE for gaming.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By JJOR64

Nope.  I just use the Dell keyboard and mouse and I'm just fine.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 71Ranchero
    QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By QuattroRS6

Yes and its worth it. I never think its worth till it shows up from UPS and then i use it. Then im always happy with what i bought.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By Hamst3r

I have an Ikari Laser and an SX pad from Steelseries. 

If all you've used is cheap ass mice, you'll be used to that level of quality. If you use a good mouse for a few months and then switch back to using a cheap-ass mouse, you'll realize just how bad it is and what you've been missing. The difference is absolutely startling. You have to try the better quality stuff for a while to shift your perspective. You have to cleanse your palette. :)

rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rhodric

Precision and comfort, my friend. Normal mouse and keyboard don't have em. You don't know the difference until you try, and the difference is significant. My logitech mx518 is the best piece of hardware I've purchased. It has served me well over the past 4-5 years and will continue to do so for the next 5 or more. You can't get that in a video card.
    Also, don't get wireless keyboard/mouse. Changing batteries is a bitch.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EpicSteve
    @rhodric said:
    " Precision and comfort, my friend. Normal mouse and keyboard don't have em. You don't know the difference until you try, and the difference is significant. My logitech mx518 is the best piece of hardware I've purchased. It has served me well over the past 4-5 years and will continue to do so for the next 5 or more. You can't get that in a video card. Also, don't get wireless keyboard/mouse. Changing batteries is a bitch. "
    Yes because we've all had those moments in a PC game were we go "damn, if only my keyboard was more precise".
    RaidSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RaidSoft

I'd say it's more a feeling of not having proper control of your actions that's the problem for me with crappy things :P But I am over-sensitive about these type of things as well, most people probably don't care but if you are used to high quality stuff then it's horrible going back to something you don't have the same feeling with.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#37  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've never used special mice or keyboards. At the moment I'm just using a laptop with a regular old USB mouse.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By Marz

i have logitech g15 keyboard and g5 mouse and it was definately worth my money.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By NoDeath

I've had a razer copperhead for the better part of 4 years now. Its a fantastic mouse and was totally worth the purchase. Especially for the amount of use I've gotten out of it. As for my keyboard, its just a regular-ass Microsoft one. I have no real need for anything special in that department.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By torus

I use a Razer Deathadder, the Das Keyboard, and an n52. Definitely helps, if only because they are much more comfortable.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @rhodric said:
    " Precision and comfort, my friend. Normal mouse and keyboard don't have em. You don't know the difference until you try, and the difference is significant. My logitech mx518 is the best piece of hardware I've purchased. It has served me well over the past 4-5 years and will continue to do so for the next 5 or more. You can't get that in a video card. Also, don't get wireless keyboard/mouse. Changing batteries is a bitch. "
    Changing or charging your batteries every 3 months is too much work for you? Do you just throw out cellphones when the battery is dead so you dont have to charge it?
    limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By limewizard

I play a hell of a lot of Diablo and Torchlight, and I found that I can break a mouse quite easily in harder stages of the games, so to avoid such frustration, I bought myself ten cheap mice, and they serve their purpose.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By nukesniper

Logitech VX and MX revolution Mouse (I have both) and I used to have a Saitech Eclipse keyboard, but having a laptop that is not in use at the moment. 

Once I build a new comp I will be rolling out the High quality stuff again though.

Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Furyjoell

Wireless really is pretty reliable these days, I never get any lag and my everyday AA batteries last close to a year which astonished me when I first started using them.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @nukesniper said:

" Logitech VX and MX revolution Mouse "

Damn strait. Logitech make the best mice on the market if you get the higher end models. The first nice mouse I ever bought was the Logitech MX1000 Laser. Had it for years before my left click button failed and because my GF at the time was a huge bitch I never got it shipped in for repair. I just picked up a LX8 because I dont much like the free bee mouse that came with my keyboard.  

I miss my MX1000, that thing fit like a glove and it had the perfect weight. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I've got a gaming mouse and it's definitely worth it. Good keyboards are far too expensive to justify the cost, IMO. I really would like a keyboard that could register more keys at once, but I'm not going to spend $100 for it.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JoelTGM

Keyboards aren't a big deal, but gaming mouses do make a difference.  I have a g500 and it's super smooth and helps me get those rail shots and LG kills in Quake Live.  When you have to line up a little dot on your screen with an enemy player in the distance, having a higher DPI mouse helps a lot because then it's totally smooth and you can move it quickly or as smoothly as you need.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Diamond

I have a Logitech G5 and that has definitely been worth it overall.  I can feel the difference between 800dpi, 1200dpi, 2000dpi in Windows (going from mouse to mouse) and not just in speed.  It actually does make your cursor move smoother.  Not sure if it gives me much of an advantage in games, but it might.

I have a backlit keyboard, but that doesn't do anything special.  The buttons feel fine, and that's what's most important in a KB.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Binman88

I'm using a Microsoft Reclusa keyboard (apparently made by Razer), which I bought mainly for the backlight. It's meant to be a gaming keyboard, I think; there's extra buttons on it for media player shortcuts which are really handy. I guess they intend you to assign various tasks to these keys in game but I don't need 'em. I'm also using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. I guess this was a premium mouse in it's day.

rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rhodric
    @EpicSteve said:

" @rhodric said:

Yes because we've all had those moments in a PC game were we go "damn, if only my keyboard was more precise". "

I take it you never used a gaming keyboard? Use one and go back to the default dell keyboard, and you'll be saying that. The keys are easier to reach and easier to press, especially the slim ones.

@Atramentous said:
    " @rhodric said:
    Changing or charging your batteries every 3 months is too much work for you? Do you just throw out cellphones when the battery is dead so you dont have to charge it? "

Do you need a screwdriver and 2 AAA batteries to recharge your cellphone? The batteries in my keyboard are packed so tightly that I need a screwdriver or some sharp object to take em out everytime. Plus there's always the possibility you don't have batteries handy.
    I never even take the keyboard away from my desk, so the wireless wasted anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.