PC Screenshot thread

#1 Edited by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

Hello Giant Bomb and welcome to the all new PC Screenshot thread. Before we dive into the ultimate posting picture gaming experience, I would like to run by some simple rules with you so this doesn't turn into a cluster fuck.

Simple Guidelines:

• Keeping the discussion to the topic of what the screenshot is and not your computer's processing power
  • Original screen shots, please.
  • Screenshots are to be of Games only.
  • Please no picture spam. I've seen this before where people would just post 10 large screenshots with no context and move on. If you are going to post something, at least put some text as to why.
  • Standard sized large images, please.

With that out of the way, I will start the festivities.

A little gem from RE5.

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -

I think the problem with this kind of thread is that we already have easy access to a vast array of PC screenshots in the wiki. And if you have a good screenshot that's not in the wiki, then you can submit it.

#3 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

@BeachThunder: True, but I want to bring the discussion of any noteworthy screenshots to the forums.

#4 Edited by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

If we do this, can we keep out all the arguing idiots? Last time this happened the thread was locked because people couldn't keep their own opinions out.

#5 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

That is my plan.

#6 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Are your settings low? That looks extremely lacking in detail for RE5.

#7 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow:

@Seedofpower said:
Simple Guidelines:
  • Keeping the discussion to the topic of what the screenshot is
#8 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

I don't know weather this one was a bug or part of the game but a group of nudists waiting for the President.

#9 Edited by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

Been Playing some Arma II Free... Its a ton of fun! You should check it out. I'll try and not make this spam.

We are saved! I've never had so much waiting for an evac helicopter. But there is alot of waiting to be saved... Best Mountain Bike simulation, EVER! Danger Close... Luckily Arma II players are precise with their demolitions. Arma pilots are not so precise, the Blackhawk had 18 guys on board, the pilot must have made a mistake because instead of taking off, he flipped the heli killing everyone, I was late to the evac point so I wasn't on board.
#10 Edited by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

#11 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

@Mikemcn: Yeah, I saw that on sale. Is it any good?

#12 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Shooting Snorks in Pripyat
#13 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5155 posts) -

CAKE!!!

btw this game is great.

#14 Posted by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -
@Seedofpower said:

@Mikemcn: Yeah, I saw that on sale. Is it any good?

The Multiplayer is completely free.
#15 Edited by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -

Crysis - Realistic physics!! 
BTW, I think it's worth mentioning in the OP, that if you remove the "_super" from the file name you can see the image at full size.
#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

I'm all for this! Last thread had amazing screenshots!

#17 Posted by Dread612 (167 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: Agreed, this game is pretty awesome.

#18 Edited by Zimbo (875 posts) -

I too was playing Arma 2 recently with a friend. We decided to do some co-op campaign missions. Right click view image and get rid of _super in the URL to see the fullsize screens. Thanks BeachThunder

Patrolling a forest. We stumbled upon some enemy tents at the peak and I managed to gun down 4 of them at point blank range. Close call.

US Army Sergeant Langy. Recon Squad. Clearly a born leader. 

The insurgents trained killer crows to hunt down and kill all our medics

Blowing up an enemy cabin with a satchel charge.

Calling in artillery on the main insurgent camp. 

After storming the camp with several squads and a couple APCs we stopped to take some holiday photos next to a partly destroyed tank.

About to extract back to base via chopper. Shortly after this screenshot was taken I was killed when US Army Sergeant Langy discovered the tanks turret was still working.  
#19 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -
@Mikemcn: Is that what they mean by the 'No HD Graphics', or do you just have a shitty PC?
#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2834 posts) -

I love Transformers WFC. I wish it had sold better.  

#21 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Crysis - Realistic physics!!
BTW, I think it's worth mentioning in the OP, that if you remove the "_super" from the file name you can see the image at full size.

Oh well do and also that is pretty funny. Reminds me of Red faction.

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -

Some POP2008 screens (I'm not very far in, but so far the game looks amazing =D)

#23 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

I took this one back in march from Retribution and I still find it funny/creepy.

#24 Posted by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -

Some of my favourite (non spoilery) Portal 2 screenshots that I took:

#25 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Awesome thread, i love it. 

My machine is getting old, i don't have anything impressive to show. i'll be rocking a GTX 580 in 3-4 months though ^^

#26 Edited by JusticeJanitor (216 posts) -

Alright, here some glorious maxed out Crysis 2 and The Witcher 2.

#27 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I love the design of War.

And playing this in 1080P and at a high framerate really helps the look of the game.

#28 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Does anybody know where to find pictures you took on Steam?  I know you can view them through Steam, but how would I go about putting them on here?

#29 Posted by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -
@grant742 said:
Does anybody know where to find pictures you took on Steam?  I know you can view them through Steam, but how would I go about putting them on here?
Find a game that you've taken screenshots of and click "VIEW SCREENSHOT LIBRARY", then click on "SHOW ON DISK".

I would recommend not using Steam's screenshot feature though, as it uses some pretty heavy jpeg compression.
#30 Posted by AlexW00d (6448 posts) -

@grant742: You can hit view on disk in the steam viewer. that is the easiest way, else you have to navigate a tonne of folders.

#31 Posted by Surkov (990 posts) -

Gaming on my MacBook Pro like a boss. 

#32 Posted by Bollard (5868 posts) -
@Mikemcn: Do you play ArmA 2 Free just with random people on servers, or do you know some dudes who also have it? I've had a terrible time trying to find any games that have any semblance of tactics, especially due to the fact noone is really talking. I can imagine it'd be great fun if you had a group together, but sadly none of my friends care for milsims... Hence why I never bought the full game. 

Also, I totally didn't know ArmA had roleplaying servers - I ended up in one where it was some sort of Cops and Robbers RPG - really now?
#33 Edited by ShockD (2421 posts) -

GTA IV (PC) multiplayer, taken using the video editor. Can't unsee the guys with trainers who add new items to their characters.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (12164 posts) -
Degroot in a nutshell: three goddamn Snipers standing on that hill 3/4 of the map away just spamming arrows at the last point.
#35 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

This thread is really lacking some good old Garry's Mod. : (

#36 Posted by Gertso (40 posts) -

Bulletstorm 
 Resident Evil 4(after severe modding, of course)
#37 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
@grant742 said:
Find a game that you've taken screenshots of and click "VIEW SCREENSHOT LIBRARY", then click on "SHOW ON DISK"
I like how Steam is always yelling at me 

@Gertso said:

Bulletstorm 
I don't think i'm breaking thread rules when i ask: How could you get such a beautiful screen? I heard the game runs like turd even on the best machines, and is especially iffy with ATI cards
#38 Edited by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -

Another image from Crysis Warhead:

MAXIMUM BANANA
#39 Posted by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

@Akrid said:

@Mikemcn: Is that what they mean by the 'No HD Graphics', or do you just have a shitty PC?

I'm confused by your question.

#40 Posted by AlisterCat (5732 posts) -

I used to take so many screenshots for a forum I used to visit, and now I just submit them to the wiki. I skipped taking screenshots on beautiful games lately, but here is some of my latest ones....

Some Crysis 2 pre DX11 patch, Mass Effect 2 and Fallout New Vegas.

#41 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -
One ugly motherfucker.
#42 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:

@Akrid said:

The free version supposedly lacks 'HD' graphics. Do you have it on max settings there? Because at first glance that looks a lot worse than what Zimbo posted.
#43 Posted by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -

A couple of Proun screens, because Proun is crazy looking :D

#44 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@Surkov: Love that game. I have the demo but I won't get it because I want my damn achievements to prove that I made it. Such a shame what I have been conditioned to.

#45 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -
#46 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Doesn't this thread already exist? Or didn't it? What happened to i? I liked going there but people posted things with almos insultingly gigantic resolutions that I couldn't see on my screen. So that was awesome.

#47 Posted by BeachThunder (12439 posts) -
@Romination said:

Doesn't this thread already exist? Or didn't it? What happened to i? I liked going there but people posted things with almos insultingly gigantic resolutions that I couldn't see on my screen. So that was awesome.

You answered your own question...

Anyway, now we've figured out a way for people to have access to full resolution and keep things presentable for everyone.
#48 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@Romination said:

You answered your own question... Anyway, now we've figured out a way for people to have access to full resolution and keep things presentable for everyone.

There was a lot of needless arguing on the last thread. Anyways... What the hell is Proun?

#49 Posted by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -
@Akrid
@Mikemcn said:

@Akrid said:

The free version supposedly lacks 'HD' graphics. Do you have it on max settings there? Because at first glance that looks a lot worse than what Zimbo posted.
I have it on High settings, theres an ultra setting after that I think. I wasnt aware the free version lacked anything like that, but it doesnt bother me.

#50 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.