The Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare wiki last edited by BlackLagoon on 08/17/14 06:44PM
View full history
First shown at EA's 2013 E3 Press Conference, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is a class-based third-person shooter developed by PopCap Games running on the Frostbite 3 engine. The game made it's debut on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 on February 25th, 2014 in North America and February 27th in Europe, with the PC version on June 26th.
Garden Warfare features two modes: Gardens Ops and Multiplayer, although contrary to the names, both modes are multiplayer-focused.
Garden Ops; is a four player co-operative wave based survival mode. Players take control of the Plants faction, then building one of three selectable gardens and then defend against eleven waves of Zombies at elevating difficulty. Players may use any of the four Plant classes as well as use consumables to create defenses such as sentry gun Pea Shooters.
Multiplayer; players join one of the two factions (Plants or Zombies) in a 12-on-12 competitive multiplayer match with four different multiplayer modes.
- Team Vanquish - the first team to 50 vanquishes wins.
- Gardens and Graveyards - the Plants must defend against Zombies as the undead capture control points and expand gardens into an expanding graveyard.
- Gnome Bomb - both teams must plant the Gnome Bomb on the opposing team's key locations.
- Vanquish Confirmed - collect orbs from vanquished enemies to gain points or retrieve orbs from fallen teammates to deny points to the opposition.
- Suburbination - a domination game mode where teams capture and hold scattered gardens on the maps to earn points for your team.
Xbox One Exclusive Features
- Split-screen support for two players
- Kinect and Smartglass integration for the game's Boss Mode, allowing players to support their team via voice-command or tablet.
Each class has their own unique primary talent as well as an array of skills and weaponry.
- PeaShooter - the run and gun front line soldier of the plants, capable of defensive and offensive roles, firing semi automatic peas that do splash damage and able to throw chilibean grenades.
- Chomper - a unique melee class with snare traps, sticky glue and surprise attacks, gobbling up unaware zombies in a single chomp.
- Cactus - long range specialist, sniping zombies with large cactus spikes from afar. She also has tactical defensive skills able to plant potato mines, tallnut barriers and deploy a controllable garlic drone.
- Sunflower - medic and healer with a strong defensive support role.
- Foot Soldier - the basic all rounder for offensive and defensive roles, with a rocket jump to reach high advantage point. Able to deploy smoke grenades or fire a rockets at opponents.
- Scientist - medic and close quarter specialist, able to warp short distances, deploying healing stations or throwing explosive sticky balls.
- Engineer - the engineer is a tactical support role of the engineer able to build teleporters and defensive turrets.
- All-Star - offensive support specialist, with a rapid fire football launcher and a devastating charging tackle attack. He can also deploy defensive barricades or punt an exploding zombie Imp.
PC System Requirements
Internet connection required to install and play.
|OS||Windows 7/8 64bit||Windows 7/8 64bit|
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 GHz||Intel Quad Core / AMD Six Core|
|Memory||4GB RAM||8GB RAM|
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5750
NVIDIA Geforce GT660 3GB or better
AMD Radeon 7870 3GB or Better
|Soundcard||DirectX 9.0c Compatible||DirectX 9.0c Compatible|
|Input||Keyboard, Mouse or Dual Analog Gamepad||Keyboard, Mouse or Dual Analog Gamepad|