Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Hmmm... PS3 for LBP?

• 60 results
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Snail
    Gorillawhat said:
    "What have I done?

*shudders*

I've created a monster."

I find it impossible to create a topic about great games for the PS3 and not to create an argument about the greatest game ever or a system wars disucssion. Because 360 fanboys will allways go like "You are proud of your only great game, look at me i r idiot". I hate all types of fanboys not just 360.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Demilich
    shadows_kill said:
    "i was talking to ps3. pc does have the best online but  to me ps3's online>360's"
    Then you turned this into a console war, not me.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Demilich
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "Demilich said:
    "atejas said:
    "I don't understand the whole philosophy of paying hundreds of dollars almost exclusively for one game."
    Nobody actually does that. If you asked someone who really likes PS3 (IE: Me), they would make a list like this:

MGS4
    Gran Turismo 5
    Resident Evil 5
    Tekken 6
    GTAIV
    LBP
    Wipeout
    Maybe Killzone 2.

Remove the multiplats if you have a 360. But for anyone with a good PC, I think a PS3 is a better investment over a 360.
    "
    I don't know....I've known quite a few people who have bought a system literally for only one game..."
    That's what they'll tell you, but it's really just a contributing factor.  A BIG contributing factor."
    True. I bought a PS3 for 5 or 6 games, but without MGS4 I probably wouldn't have any current gen consoles.
    insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By insanegamer

this game has system seller written all over it.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By BoG

You know, I told everyone I purchased a PS3 for one game, but in reality, I got much more from it then that. Uncharted, Wipeout, LBP, 3rd party titles, along with Blu Ray movies and other functionality makes it a great purchase. Sure, one game may be that last puch to get you to make the purchase, but you are guarunteed to find more bang for your buck, especially with the PS3 and its range of cool features. Oh, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Snail
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "nerdboy said:
    "Demilich said:
    "atejas said:
    "I don't understand the whole philosophy of paying hundreds of dollars almost exclusively for one game."
    Nobody actually does that. If you asked someone who really likes PS3 (IE: Me), they would make a list like this:

MGS4
    Gran Turismo 5
    Resident Evil 5
    Tekken 6
    GTAIV
    LBP
    Wipeout
    Maybe Killzone 2.

Remove the multiplats if you have a 360. But for anyone with a good PC, I think a PS3 is a better investment over a 360.
    "
    I don't know....I've known quite a few people who have bought a system literally for only one game..."
    That's what they'll tell you, but it's really just a contributing factor.  A BIG contributing factor."
    A littleBIG contributing factor in this case.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince
    hush404 said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
     How is that even true...? The Colossus was a multi-level fight which took place all over Athens and each section was different until eventually you ended up INSIDE him... I call that variety and not repetitive."
    lol, sometimes I don't even want to get into the convo's and much more enjoy just watching debates like that go back and fourth :D"
    Fun eh? =P
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By shadows_kill
    Demilich said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "i was talking to ps3. pc does have the best online but  to me ps3's online>360's"
    Then you turned this into a console war, not me."
    sorry. just had to say a opinion :P
    Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoG said:
    "You know, I told everyone I purchased a PS3 for one game, but in reality, I got much more from it then that. Uncharted, Wipeout, LBP, 3rd party titles, along with Blu Ray movies and other functionality makes it a great purchase. Sure, one game may be that last puch to get you to make the purchase, but you are guarunteed to find more bang for your buck, especially with the PS3 and its range of cool features. Oh, and Metal Gear Solid 4."
    Ok, I'm hoping to find a 40gb at my local EBgames, however if I don't I'll just purchase and 80gb and be done with it.

Oh, and if this Console War discussion continues in the thread, please just lock it.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    atejas said:
    Not one game alone. Once people get a console for "one game" they notice the other good games that are out there and soon to be released. It happened with me and the Wii & the PS3. Sort of for the 360. I haven't been super excited over anything on 360 except Castle Crashers or Mass Effect(ME was a massive let down, but still fun).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.