Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Need some advise

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Icon

Alright, we all know the amount of cool games coming, starting with Dead Space. But as most of you, dont have money to buy all of em. In fact there is a chance that I can buy only 2 this year. So far my interests are:

1: Little Big Planet (confirmed buying)
    2: Resistance 2
    3: Fallout 3

At 1st I deicded to go with Resistance 2, but then realized Killzone 2 is looming near (I dont wana buy 2 FPS). So what do you guys think I should do? Get Fallout 3 and then decide between Resistance 2 and Killzone 2? Or get Resistance 2 this year?

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KindGalaxy

... Shit I'm glad I don't have to make this decision. Honestly I could see Resistance 2 going platinium quicker than Fallout 3, meaning it'd get cheaper earlier than Fallout 3, so I'd grab Fallout 3 now, grab Killzone 2 later and wait for Resistance 2 to hit that Platinium state where it's cheap.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I would definitely go with Fallout 3 over Resistance 2. I think Fallout 3 will be the superior game and honestly, Resistance 2 hasn't impressed me at all.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

Apples and Oranges. I'd pick Fallout 3, but Resistance does look pretty good. Resistance is going to have some crazy cool multiplayer, and it may just surprise everyone how good it turns out to be. You should remember, from this point, Killzone is at LEAST 3 months away. You could just get Resistance, and trade it in towards Killzone.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Icon

I also I may add I enjoyed Oblivion alot!

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By Soap
    Kush said:
    "I would definitely go with Fallout 3 over Resistance 2. I think Fallout 3 will be the superior game and honestly, Resistance 2 hasn't impressed me at all."
    This
    Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm really looking forward to R2 (unlike some ofthers) but I'd pick Fallout3 over R2 and LBP above em all.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    KindGalaxy said:
    "... Shit I'm glad I don't have to make this decision. Honestly I could see Resistance 2 going platinium quicker than Fallout 3, meaning it'd get cheaper earlier than Fallout 3, so I'd grab Fallout 3 now, grab Killzone 2 later and wait for Resistance 2 to hit that Platinium state where it's cheap."
    Yeah, and you'll have LBP to tide you over until it goes Plantinum.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By shadows_kill

r2 will have more online for you if your wanting replay value it also has co op off and online.

fallout 3 is for story (does it even have online?). I'm thinking it will be pretty good too. also with all the opinions and since you liked oblivion you should really like it.

killzone 2 looks amazing. it WILL be out in febuary. right now and until release in 3 months they are just polishing it up. imagine how nice it will look after that and since there polishing it this also means there happy with the controls and gameplay they have so i think it will be pretty good.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Icon

So I should just get Fallout 3 now, and then wait for KZ 2 or Resistance 2.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shadows_kill
    The_Icon said:
    "So I should just get Fallout 3 now, and then wait for KZ 2 or Resistance 2."
    have you played r1? did you like it?
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AaronBelfast
    The_Icon said:
    "So I should just get Fallout 3 now, and then wait for KZ 2 or Resistance 2."
    Yea, thats what I would do. Wait for Resistance 2 to drop in price but if you have some extra money try and get Killzone 2 if you can.
    The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Icon

I haven't played Resistance 1, but from the looks of things it was just a well made shooter, nothing special. I was thinking of buying either KZ 2 or Resistance 2, u know wait for the reviews to find out which one is better. Is there really point of buying 2 FPS?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Systech

I would go with Fallout 3. I'm buying that so it can last me a while until Christmas so I can get more games when the time comes where my grandparents give me money.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb

If you love Oblivion you will most likely love Fallout 3. I'm not saying they are the same game, I am saying that they are similar in nature and design. A la KOTOR is to Mass Effect as Oblivion is to Fallout 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.