Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

qore is great

• 86 results
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shadows_kill

Well if you have tried out qore or seen it there definatly getting some good games to show. september with lbp, motor storm pacific rift(and demo), prince of persia, and a couple others :P not to mention the betas(that should start sometime and not get delayed). but i think its pretty cool. what do you guys think of it(if you have it) or are you at least thinking of getting it :P

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I'm actually quite surprised with how satisfied I am with Qore, even it the betas haven't come yet. In episodes one through three, they have the game Death Orb (press L2 on the main menu) which is really fun and addicting. Each episode has a slightly more evolved version. Episode four has a new game, but I haven't had the chance to see it yet.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DrPepper1990

havent tried it yet, isnt it just a magazine? I already subscribe to game informer so im g2g.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Shadowww get me in the socom beta plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shadows_kill
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "I'm actually quite surprised with how satisfied I am with Qore, even it the betas haven't come yet. In episodes one through three, they have the game Death Orb (press L2 on the main menu) which is really fun and addicting. Each episode has a slightly more evolved version. Episode four has a new game, but I haven't had the chance to see it yet."
    yeah. ive played all of them.
    do you know why i cant download the motor storm demo?
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "havent tried it yet, isnt it just a magazine? I already subscribe to game informer so im g2g."
    its a online mag on the ps3 that lets you watch vids of upcoming games. there are also exclusive demos and betas
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shadows_kill
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Shadowww get me in the socom beta plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    dude ill try. :P
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PufferFiz

WHAT THERE IS A GAME? wow im dumb
    ill have to go try it when im not playing socom.
    Motorstorm demo comes out next week 9/11 ( <- oshit)

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadows_kill
    PufferFiz said:
    "WHAT THERE IS A GAME? wow im dumb
    Motorstorm demo comes out next week 9/11 ( <- oshit)"
    dude how are you playing socom. its not leting me download it. do you have to do something special?
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    PufferFiz said:
    TELLLLLLL ME, HOW DID U GET INTO THE BETA!?????????????
    plz :/ i really wanna play
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shadows_kill
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "PufferFiz said:
    TELLLLLLL ME, HOW DID U GET INTO THE BETA!?????????????
    plz :/ i really wanna play"
    yeah we really want to play it.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Vaxadrin

Man, I thought this said "Gore is Great".

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shadows_kill
    Vaxadrin said:
    "Man, I thought this said "Gore is Great"."
    well gore is great but thats not the point :P
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PufferFiz

i Preordered the game so i got in yesterday. the qore download is next friday.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zitosilva
    Vaxadrin said:
    Yep, I read the same thing and was thinking "well, whatever works for you".

I downloaded just one episode of  Qore. I read "get a beta acces do Resistance 2"... too bad it'll only be avaliable by the end of this month! I'm not sure if I was the one who did not read it properly... but whatever.

As for the news content, I found them to be rather weak. I'll only get another episode if I can really get in a beta through it.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shadows_kill
    zitosilva said:
    "Vaxadrin said:
    Yep, I read the same thing and was thinking "well, whatever works for you".

I downloaded just one episode of  Qore. I read "get a beta acces do Resistance 2"... too bad it'll only be avaliable by the end of this month! I'm not sure if I was the one who did not read it properly... but whatever.

As for the news content, I found them to be rather weak. I'll only get another episode if I can really get in a beta through it."
    just to tell you news wise episode 4 was the best so far.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PufferFiz

yea 4 had some good stuff. hopefully they can just keep jamming stuff in each episode.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_

It sounds alright from what I've heard, but can someone tell me (who doesn't have a PS3 yet) what exactly is so appealing besides early demos?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shadows_kill
    Jayge said:
    "It sounds alright from what I've heard, but can someone tell me (who doesn't have a PS3 yet) what exactly is so appealing besides early demos?"
    news on upcoming games (like mags) and some betas, demos, and themes stuff like that.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_

I can get my news other places, so that's meh for me; but are the themes like, exclusive? Can you get them nowhere else?

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By DoctorTran

I think they are indeed exclusive. And nice at that. Not to mention you also get a free download of Calling All Cars. That was a plus.

Either way I say get it if you love your PS3. If not for the Beta Access alone.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brukaoru
    Jayge said:
    "I can get my news other places, so that's meh for me; but are the themes like, exclusive? Can you get them nowhere else?"
    It's pretty much just getting some early demos and beta invitations. I haven't purchased Qore, and never plan to, because all the interviews that I saw from the first episode seem exactly like the interviews I could get anywhere else. Also, I'm not very interested in betas, and if I was, it seems if you pre-order said game anyway, they'll give you a beta invite.

Also, I already have Calling All Cars and there's no way to pick another game or anything, so it's just not worth it for me.
    Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chaos_Bladez

I got a free episode and I thought it was ok. I wouldn't buy it though.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shadows_kill
    Jayge said:
    "I can get my news other places, so that's meh for me; but are the themes like, exclusive? Can you get them nowhere else?"
    the themes are exclusive. i loved the lbp and socom theme tho :D
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DoctorTran

The LBP theme was a little too bright for me... the Icons also blended into the background too much. I haven't checked out the SOCOM theme yet though.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shadows_kill
    DoctorTran said:
    "The LBP theme was a little too bright for me... the Icons also blended into the background too much. I haven't checked out the SOCOM theme yet though."
    well one of the new PoP wallpapers is what im using for my background. its so cool XD
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DoctorTran

Right on. I just checked out the SOCOM theme... It wins the special place of my Theme. I love how the Icons are like Cloth Patches.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    shadows_kill said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "I'm actually quite surprised with how satisfied I am with Qore, even it the betas haven't come yet. In episodes one through three, they have the game Death Orb (press L2 on the main menu) which is really fun and addicting. Each episode has a slightly more evolved version. Episode four has a new game, but I haven't had the chance to see it yet."
    yeah. ive played all of them.
    do you know why i cant download the motor storm demo?
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "havent tried it yet, isnt it just a magazine? I already subscribe to game informer so im g2g."
    its a online mag on the ps3 that lets you watch vids of upcoming games. there are also exclusive demos and betas"
    The Motorstorm demo will be available this Thursday for users who have purchased Episode 4.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#28  Edited By mike

So, Sony is selling demos now?  I don't get it.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Demyx
    brukaoru said:
    "Jayge said:
    It's pretty much just getting some early demos and beta invitations. I haven't purchased Qore, and never plan to, because all the interviews that I saw from the first episode seem exactly like the interviews I could get anywhere else. Also, I'm not very interested in betas, and if I was, it seems if you pre-order said game anyway, they'll give you a beta invite.

Also, I already have Calling All Cars and there's no way to pick another game or anything, so it's just not worth it for me."
    Especially with the betas like Socom. Those who actually pre-ordered the game got to play it first. I don't know if it was like the Resistance beta where you had to purchase the subscription, but if it was it would've been cheaper to just pre-order it and get the invite.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PenguinNerd
    MB said:
    "So, Sony is selling demos now?  I don't get it."
    No.  It's kind of like how you would subscribe to a magazine.  You'd get news about upcoming games, ads, and such...then you'd get the exclusive demo disc.  That's Qore...just digital.  Not selling demos.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#31  Edited By mike

It sounds similar to the concept that Microsoft uses making demos available to Gold subscribers first, then opens them up to download by everyone else after a week or so. 

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TEAMHOLT
    Jayge said:
    "It sounds alright from what I've heard, but can someone tell me (who doesn't have a PS3 yet) what exactly is so appealing besides early demos?"

Nothing, really. Usually an episode of Qore features three or four games with each feature ususally consisting of at least one interview, game footage, and maybe some behind-the-scenes or miscellaneous silly stuff. With so few games, if you're not too interested in one or two of them, that's a big chunk of Qore's content right in the toilet for you. The footage and interviews are also usually pretty poor. As a dude who does not ever read game previews or watches very much on GameTrailers, even I've seen or heard most of their preview content before. The interviews aren't any more useful, as they'are just soft, promotional interviews. Even worse, the video player for the featurettes is terrible. You can stop, restart, or pause. That's it. That really puts a limit on how long they can make a segment, and also makes you wonder who the hell thought that was a good idea anyway.

The behind-the-scenes and other stuff is kind of interesting, but not enough to make it worth your money. Neither are the downloads. Calling All Cars is kind of fun, but not too many people play it online, and themes aren't a very compelling bonus. I guess getting into betas is cool, even if they haven't delivered on any of them yet, but I could care less about early access to demos. That's just dumb.

I almost forgot, there are concept-art and image galleries for the featured games. I almost forgot because that's also not so compelling.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shadows_kill
    TEAMHOLT said:
    "Jayge said:

Nothing, really. Usually an episode of Qore features three or four games with each feature ususally consisting of at least one interview, game footage, and maybe some behind-the-scenes or miscellaneous silly stuff. With so few games, if you're not too interested in one or two of them, that's a big chunk of Qore's content right in the toilet for you. The footage and interviews are also usually pretty poor. As a dude who does not ever read game previews or watches very much on GameTrailers, even I've seen or heard most of their preview content before. The interviews aren't any more useful, as they'are just soft, promotional interviews. Even worse, the video player for the featurettes is terrible. You can stop, restart, or pause. That's it. That really puts a limit on how long they can make a segment, and also makes you wonder who the hell thought that was a good idea anyway.

The behind-the-scenes and other stuff is kind of interesting, but not enough to make it worth your money. Neither are the downloads. Calling All Cars is kind of fun, but not too many people play it online, and themes aren't a very compelling bonus. I guess getting into betas is cool, even if they haven't delivered on any of them yet, but I could care less about early access to demos. That's just dumb.

I almost forgot, there are concept-art and image galleries for the featured games. I almost forgot because that's also not so compelling.
    "
    its pretty good footage and its usaly the content that they say it will  have with no pics of it but qore shows you it. so even tho you know its there you also get to see what its like. well why would you want to fast forward through the video when you wanted to watch it but the should add a rewind...
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

I read the title as gore is great...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By pause422

lol liquid. Gore is great btw!(not al gore..) the fuck have you been btw? haven't seen you post in over a month it seems lol

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shadows_kill
    LiquidPrince said:
    "I read the title as gore is great..."
    seems like a couple people are
    pause422
    said:
    "lol liquid. Gore is great btw!(not al gore..) the fuck have you been btw? haven't seen you post in over a month it seems lol"
    what i was thinking XD
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AaronBelfast
    LiquidPrince said:
    Likewise.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Otacon

I'm intrigued, but alas, I can't sign up anyway as I am out of region.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shadows_kill
    AaronBelfast said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    Likewise."
    you people need glasses
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By keyhunter

I remember Jeff saying Qore is stupid so I'm going to agree with him.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zitosilva
    DoctorTran said:
    "I think they are indeed exclusive. And nice at that. Not to mention you also get a free download of Calling All Cars. That was a plus.

Either way I say get it if you love your PS3. If not for the Beta Access alone."
    But you'll only get that if you buy the whole year package. Just buying the episode does not give you this, if I'm not mistaken.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shadows_kill
    keyhunter said:
    "I remember Jeff saying Qore is stupid so I'm going to agree with him."
    its awesome
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By shadows_kill
    zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:
    "I think they are indeed exclusive. And nice at that. Not to mention you also get a free download of Calling All Cars. That was a plus.

Either way I say get it if you love your PS3. If not for the Beta Access alone."
    But you'll only get that if you buy the whole year package. Just buying the episode does not give you this, if I'm not mistaken."
    yes you have to buy a year subscription
    ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By ManlyBeast

Never heard of it.... 

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DoctorTran
    shadows_kill said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:

But you'll only get that if you buy the whole year package. Just buying the episode does not give you this, if I'm not mistaken."
    yes you have to buy a year subscription"
    I guess I should have clarified.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zitosilva
    DoctorTran said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:

"
    Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. I just wanted to make sure, 'cause if I was wrong I'd have acces to the game and didn't know.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By shadows_kill
    zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:

"
    Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. I just wanted to make sure, 'cause if I was wrong I'd have acces to the game and didn't know."
    yep. but i think its worth buying all of the episodes cause its way cheaper than buying all 13 one at a time
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DoctorTran
    shadows_kill said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:

"
    Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. I just wanted to make sure, 'cause if I was wrong I'd have acces to the game and didn't know."
    yep. but i think its worth buying all of the episodes cause its way cheaper than buying all 13 one at a time"
    It'd be 35  bucks to buy all 13... and then of course the Calling all Cars would make it 45..
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By shadows_kill
    DoctorTran said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "DoctorTran said:

"
    yep. but i think its worth buying all of the episodes cause its way cheaper than buying all 13 one at a time"
    It'd be 35  bucks to buy all 13... and then of course the Calling all Cars would make it 45.."
    yep while all of them together is 25$
    AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AaronBelfast
    shadows_kill said:
    "AaronBelfast said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    Likewise."
    you people need glasses"
    Haha. Your right. I need glasses for your quote chains.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.