Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Sony's E3 Expectations

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

With the release of MAG, The Agency and more games  getting close I personally would like them to talk about improvements to their online community, new and better gamer card, new features like clan or party creation. I also would like them to revise the XBM, I think its about time to improve the boring interface. Custom avatar pictures adn other features I can't think of right now.

I think Sony is in a very unique position to improve their online community to such a level to rival Xbox Live, though it's probably years away and only if they take the right steps , to show that a solid online service can be created and charge nothing for it. I still refuse to pay Microsoft for Live because I think it's a greedy scam they get away with it because they can and before you xbox fansboys rip me a new one just think how "successful" (insert sarcasm here) was Games for Windows - Live.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

The Agency has so much potential, but I fear if it is not released in 2009 it will keep getting pushed back into oblivion, ala Killzone 2.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KingBroly

Is The Agency still coming out?  It hasn't been shown in over 2 years.  Um...potentially, I could see that slimmer PS3 coming out later this year with a $299 price cut then the slim model being $399.  The ol' Sony switcheroo, you know?

I'm also curious to see where God of War III is dated.  It'll be November or March for sure, but I wonder what would be better:  Help Sony more or help make the game better.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

I think God of War II will come out in February or March of 2010, No way sony will be shipping this game before it's finished. They will not fuck up one of the most anticipated games for the PS3. Seeing how this will be the last game in the franchise then Sony will make it go out in a blaze of glory. I think the PS3 will have major sale boosts when god of war II comes out. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

I'd like to hopefully see some actually real time gameplay of MAG somewhere....as for announcements they would say I'm not expecting anything big really. I'd like to see an update on MAG as stated, GoW3, and mainly Heavy Rain.

Buddyleej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Buddyleej

I wouldnt be suprised if they didnt at least tease the new Twisted Metal. I also agree that the gamercard and trophies really have a lot to be desired. It would be nice to see the actual amount of exp your getting per trophy and how much it takes to level etc. As far as cross game voice chat goes I would really like to see SKYPE put on the PS3. Being able to call  people on the psp or computer as well as making normal calls plus chat with people all over the PSN. Im all for that.

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dovey

I don't think that past the new PSP Go that we will see any other hardware revisions.  changing up the XMB will be hard considering it is a universal concept across it whole range of home entertainment products and continues to be praised for its presentation and simplicity.  I think that if all goes well and they show off some MAG, GoW3, GT5, Heavy Rain plus annouce some sorta price cut then it would be an awesome showing from Sony and they wouldn't have to do much more than that.  It was funny cause everyone was tauting that last year was the year of the PS3, and it fell way short of expectation.  Despite them yaking on about dominating in 5 years time... Sony have keep a tight lip about their prospects for this year.  If they let the software do the talking (which there is a good quantity of) and keep their mouths closed, this will be the year the last should have been.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Drebin_893

The XMB is amazing. Cold elegance and functionality nails the feel of the PS3. I can't personally think of a better interface.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpaceMoose
    KingBroly said:
    Is The Agency still coming out?  It hasn't been shown in over 2 years.  Um...potentially, I could see that slimmer ... [more]
    I can't quite picture them lobbing $100 off in one fell swoop.  Even if they have plans to drop it by $100 over the next year or so, they'd probably would want to lower it only partway first since it would still increase sales, and then later on go the rest of the way.  Whenever they finally drop the price, I think the MSRP of the cheapest model is probably going to be $339.99.  I guess conventional wisdom would say they'd go with the almost round number of $349.99.  Also quite possible, but for some reason in my gut I'm leaning towards $339.99.  It just looks a lot cheaper to me somehow (than $349.99) even though it obviously isn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.