Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Playstation Experience Stream

• 86 results
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't believe SquareEnix did that, everyone got excited for nothing. Why give them time on stage for that?

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a port of the PC version, not the remake the fans actually wanted. Way to throw glass in everyone's face Square-Enix...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi: Because they need money to continue making really disappointing games.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Nothing really surprised me, and the stuff that did (Final Fantasy VII) ended up being an underwhelming port of a port. And fucking Fat Princess is not exactly a franchise that comes to my mind when I think of "beloved Playstation Character."

They did acknowledge the Vita more in this keynote than in the last three years combined, so good on them for that.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: You can't say that Yakuza announcement was not surprising, regardless of how little you might care.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By mosespippy

@coafi said:

I can't believe SquareEnix did that, everyone got excited for nothing. Why give them time on stage for that?

Forget the stage time. Why did the president of Square Enix fly from Japan to Las Vegas to make such a lackluster announcement?

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like this ongoing trend at Sony events that they have to trot out Square to give an underwhelming, trollish announcement about Final Fantasy.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By emfromthesea

It's easy to be cynical about this industry at times, but I really did like that LittleBigPlanet 3 "20 Years of Playstation" video. Many of the games in the video, including LittleBigPlanet hold a special place in my heart. It's nice to occasionally be nostalgic about video games.

With that said, I thought it was a pretty decent keynote. It only cements the fact that 2015 is looking packed with games. Though 2014 wasn't a bad year for games, 2015 is already looking to be really exciting.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it was a decent keynote. Disappointed about the small number of reveals outside of ports, but all the showings were reasonably exciting.

Fuck Fat Princess though. I don't even like God of War, but when you come out on stage in a fucking GoW shirt, talk about a beloved Sony IP and then show Fat fucking Princess you deserve shit.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are some of my scattered thoughts;

I did liked a lot of what they showed, I am not the biggest Uncharted fan but I could see myself playing U4. EA giving out free games is always nice and certainly unexpected from them. Until Dawn has had my attention for quite some time now, and I really liked what I saw today. Grim Fandango is not exactly what I expected when they said they were remastering it, I expected something similar to what happened with Monkey Island. I will get both Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango because I missed out on those when they came out.

Yakuza 5 might be interesting but I still haven't finished Yakuza 4. Bloodborne gameplay looked great. No Man's Sky still fails to impress me, I just would like to know more about it's about, I feel like I know nothing about it. Jaffe's game looks like it's stuck in the 90's, not my style at all, it just felt like a very underwhelming way to end the conference.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@turtlebird95: You can't say that Yakuza announcement was not surprising, regardless of how little you might care.

I could say that, but I'd be lying.

I was actually taking a bathroom break when they announced that. I don't really care, but given how poorly (I'm assuming) the previous entries sold over here it's certainly surprising to see them try again.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By whitegreyblack

That was a pretty darn good keynote.

My highlights:

• Falling through the world aside, the Uncharted demo was slick and makes me actually wanting to go finally play the first 3 to prepare for it.
    • My stream cut out right before the Day of the Tentacle announcement which was a bummer and left me trying to figure out what the chat was exploding about.
    • The "Hi, I'm holding a fork, I'm Japanese, I guess." guy was amazing.
    • I was actually getting on-board with finally completing FFVII after 17 years of no longer giving a shit about anything Final Fantasy, until I saw it was just an upscaled port and not a remake.
    • Great to see Sega convinced to try pushing Yakuza out in the west again. I know my desire for a disc-based release is never going to happen, but this is better than nothing.
    • I find Jaffe very grating so his presentation and into the buttrock end montage was a bit of a downer-way to finish up, for me personally.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By conmulligan

That was better than I expected. All the AAA stuff was kind of rote, but the indie presentations were nice and varied, and although I don't have a ton of interest in games coming out of Japan, it was great to see that audience catered to. I could have done without Jaffe's shtick at the end, though; what a miserable way to end a pretty good show.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: would you rather they had ended it at port of the pc port of a 20 year old game that isn't as good as you remember?

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here at the show. There's a panel about VR with Shuhei Yoshida. There are only like 50 people in here. Fascinating talk. Damn shame. The line for Project Morpheus with over 1000 people in it. Anything specific anyone wants more info on?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

Here at the show. There's a panel about VR with Shuhei Yoshida. There are only like 50 people in here. Fascinating talk. Damn shame. The line for Project Morpheus with over 1000 people in it. Anything specific anyone wants more info on?

Yeah, I'd love to know why they let Square Enix on stage if all they had to show was a giant middle finger to everyone.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@corevi: That would also be a crappy way to end the show.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#yearoftheshovel

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was stunned by the character animation shown in that 15 minute Uncharted 4 demonstration; specifically the animation transitions and character to character interactions.

Yakuza 5 is coming out in the west! Super excited for this! Hopefully this will lead to the up and coming Yakuza games coming over here sooner.

I still don't know what No Man's Sky will play like other than getting in a ship, flying to another planet, getting off said ship, and looking around.

Everytime Jaffe swears on stage, it creates a discussion. It happened again and people are talking about him and the game he is pushing.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

Forget the stage time. Why did the president of Square Enix fly from Japan to Las Vegas to make such a lackluster announcement?

Exactly, it made no sense. I'm still scratching my head, what the hell?! This was completely unnecessary, I can't tell if they are serious or maybe they are really playing with us, or... or... they are oblivious as to what the fans really want.

marcusofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By marcusofadown

Jesus christ, that Jaffe game looked absolutely dreadful. Imagine playing a game with that art style for more than a few minutes? Nu'uh.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus christ, that Jaffe game looked absolutely dreadful. Imagine playing a game with that art style for more than a few minutes? Nu'uh.

I really liked Madworld and that had a similar art style.

marcusofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By marcusofadown

@corevi:

@corevi said:
    @marcusofadown said:

I really liked Madworld and that had a similar art style.

Similar but nowhere near as annoying as this. Madworld was only black, white and some reds with sharp edges. This is just... man. A mess to look at.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#78  Edited By fobwashed
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: I laughed harder at the FF7 announcement but that was pretty funny too.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not sure why but I feel like I am remembering Jaffe saying something about highschool kid drawings in an notebook on the Giant Bomb E3 after hours thing two or three years ago. Whenever he was on there. Was the first one I saw live. It was with the long table and the bedroom set in the background and stuff.

I'm curious but too lazy to go dig through that.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Didn't watch it but it seems like it was decent show. The footage I saw of Uncharted looked great graphically but still looks very much like one of those games. I'm sure it will be solid but I felt pretty done with the series after 3 and can't help but wish Naughty Dog was doing something new. It's cool that they're bringing Yakuza 5 to NA for people who are into that and the Day of the Tentacle remaster makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The FF VII announcement seems like it was laughably stupid and I don't really understand why you would end the show with David Jaffe and some dumb looking multiplayer shooter.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder is there any chance of some god like being (@edgework cough cough) opening up the chat!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden 2 is the biggest news of all.

Go buy the best 2D RPG of all time, fuckers.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgework said:

@splodge: What stream do you want?

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation !!

Just a silly thought. Dunno even if its possible. All these php's and url's are gobbledegook to me!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its running now

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool beans!

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: That was the only moment of the show I was kind of sad they muted the audience reaction. The only moment.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GalacticPunt

I just started the stream in time to see the Hello Games guy say that if you see a mountain in No Man's Sky... wait for it.... you can totally climb it.

I'm such a nerd to be laughing at game demonstration tropes like this!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Corevi

In 20 minutes they will be a streaming a No Man's Sky event where they will apparently be showing a lot more gameplay.

buttmonk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#92  Edited By buttmonk3y

Is there an archive of the keynote?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there an archive of the keynote?

Starts at 37:25

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.