Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Home for the Holidays

• 61 results
    Regga_Overallt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Regga_Overallt

I wish that home becomes a virtual world where you can trade hard earned trophies for real money, so that instead of  going to work every day, i can stay at home and play games, in order to earn money/trophies :-)
    It's time for my microwave-lunch, see ya!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

hermes said:
    "I am not sure about "it was worth the wait?". It certainly looks nice and all, but right now it is nothing more than Second Life, with a lot less content..."
    And a lot less furries. It gets plus points there
    Clockswork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Clockswork

Living a virtual life, no thank you :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Media_Master said:
    "I'm not sold on Home yet.."
    It`s free.
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#55  Edited By ahoodedfigure

That should tell you something!

Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Lepuke

Honestly Home is nothing special right now.
    I'm in the beta and it honestly just feels like there are tons of things missing. Hell, the only kind of facial hair you can set on your avatar is mustaches. No goatee's or anything yet. Plus the clothing options and hairstyles are really limited too.
    It feels very not done yet.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By DukeTogo

Having never used Home, I don't know how it works.  If it replaced the XMB like the NXE did with the blades, I could see it being the new interface that would boot up on the PS3.  If it's still a program that needs to start from the XMB, then using it for anything other than farting around some half-ass Matrix world is more trouble than it's worth.

Does Sony expect people to leave the PS3 on all the time so Home is where you'll always be outside of a game?  I can see making use of the Home avatar in games like previous examples.  Imagine your dude on a bike in Motorstorm, or replacing Nathan drake with generic douche with a hoodie.  If Sony went that deep into making devs include that function it would be pretty cool, but since Sony is doing all it can to keep games on that shitbox at all, forcing devs to d othat seems like a pipe dream.

I'll download it, make a Duke Togo avatar and kick it in a posh penthouse, but aside from that I see nothing that looks appealing beyond that initial 30 minutes.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheJollyRajah
    Honestly, it may not be worth the two-year wait, but let us look at this objectively, shall we? First of all, it's free. That means we don't pay a dime. Also, Home has the best use of avatars among the big three..... and it also gives trophies more value.

So why are we complaining? 

I think Home has the potential to be good. It's a brilliant idea in theory.  And how much do you wanna bet that Microsoft (possibly Nintendo too) will have their own version of "Home" next gen? Home is a glimpse into the future of online gaming, like it or not.
    JamesM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JamesM

What Home desperately needs is content. I just don't see how they'll keep churning stuff out at enough of a pace to keep people interested.

Yes, it is free, so the price is obviously right. The point is that Sony seemed to be pinning all their hopes on it at one point, and regardless of the price, if you're talking something up as your saviour and it then turns out the be underwhelming, it's a bit of a public relations problem. It appears unprofessional and incompetent and if you've implied that that's the best that you've got, it's bad news. But they do have better things. I guess I'd just rather they champion those other things more.

I say all this as someone who spends more time on his PS3 than his 360. I have a lot of time for Sony, but I wish they'd focused on the essentials like OS-level game-independent voice chat before they indulged in this peculiar diversion. Not that they can only work on one thing at a time, of course. But who really wants Second Life with all the flexibility taken out? I don't even want Second Life in the first place!

As for it being the best use of avatars, I don't know. It's the most fully-featured default avatar environment, but that's because the default avatar environment is separate from the OS, and is therefore something a lot of people are not going to bother with. That, of course, is fine (it would be idiocy to ruin the aesthetic of the XMB with little people running around), but (from what we've seen) it's a less integrated deal. Besides, you could argue that incorporating avatars into games that people actually want to play is a better use than dumping them in 3D chat room.

I guess I'm being a little harsh on Home. I don't hate it at all. I just don't see why it's worth the load time. Or the time actually spent in it.

3D trophies / other unlockable in-world items could be pretty cool, I guess.

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By bartholomew999

My friends who have been in the beta for  a year now say that I'm not missing much, REALLY.  I'm inclined to believe them.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Junpei

I have reserved judgement since the beta was so empty. It's all gonna have to come together with the developer and studio/game spaces along with the shops actually having something in it. My hopes are still up, but I'm not gonna by psyched or bummed either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.