Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Compensation Ideas

• 97 results
    TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By TepidShark
    @Hailinel said:
    " @TepidShark said:
    " @Unchained said:
    " Like $20 to spend on PSN as we see fit. Serves two purposes: a:) Get the people back to PSN and b:) good will of free goodies.   "
    That is what I was thinking but more along the lines $50, but what ever happens, happens. Mostly I want it to just come back up. "
    I imagine Sony would have to feel incredibly desperate if they were to give as much as $50 of credit to all PSN users.  I can't even imagine how much money they've already lost on this disaster and how much more they stand to lose while they're trying to get it rebuilt and back up. "
    Yeah, I forgot they had to rebuild their infrastructure. That is probably really expensive.
    Potango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Potango
    @kingzetta said:
    " being able to play mortal kombat online. "
    what he said and a made for PSN movies based on them hunting down the guy who did this.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Karmum

Maybe instead of a free game they will credit a certain amount of money into people's accounts. To be honest, I hope they can somehow calculate who has been on and did what. For example, I have two PSN accounts, because I managed to forget that I had one PSN account, and guess what? I have yet to pick up a PS3. I hope I'm not compensated for that because I still had a PSN account.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @KaosAngel said:

...and everyone else who hates Home will have that ":\" face.   "

...and a great story to tell about that time they got a free t-shirt in Home.

"PSN was down for two weeks while hackers stole my credit card and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By ReyGitano

Extend the membership for PSN Plus why whatever down time they have seems like a must. Aside from that I can't think of anything that would actually satisfy most people.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#56  Edited By fox01313

Think that if you're not Playstation plus you're probably not going to see anything, not sure what would be adequate for compensation as it's highly determined by how long PSN is out.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By CL60
    @fox01313 said:
    " Think that if you're not Playstation plus you're probably not going to see anything, not sure what would be adequate for compensation as it's highly determined by how long PSN is out. "
    Why? People don't want compensation because PSN is down, they want compensation for Sony having such bad security that it compromised all of our personal information.
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Punk1984
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @KaosAngel said:

...and everyone else who hates Home will have that ":\" face.   "

...and a great story to tell about that time they got a free t-shirt in Home.

"PSN was down for two weeks while hackers stole my credit card and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

"
    "PSN was down for two weeks while hackers stole my credit card and all I got was this lousy virtual t-shirt"
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SomeJerk

Alright, thanks for the info. I think it's up to Sony and what their board decides in the end. Will it be a Japanese decision, and if so what is the history of compensation/reimbursement like in Japanese modern culture?

What I expect from experience is "You're lucky we encrypted that shiat, sorry about the downtime kthx".

What I would like to see is "Here's $15/$20 of free credit at the PSN shop for [reasonable algoritm of user accounts deemed to actually have been hit by the downtime".

What we will see is a million class-action lawsuits getting a few pennies per co-filer and millions to the lawyers.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @somejerk said:
    " Did people get compensated when Live was down for hacking some years back? I forget "
    Was that due to hacking? I was under the impression that it was it was just an internal failure? "

It wasn't hacking.  I think it got overloaded with people playing around Christmas time or something.

Didn't it happen twice?  I know I got Carcassonne for free also.

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Punk1984
    @PeasantAbuse: I believe you're right, apparently no we're both wrong. Xbox gave out Carsconne free to people on its birthday
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By Vinny_Says

A nice letter of apology is all I need

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By swamplord666

You know, I would be quite surprised in a good way if they opened up E3 with an earnest apology and announcing some awesome compensation. Hey, I can always hope!

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By yakov456
    @blacklabeldomm
    I'm with you.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#65  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @blacklabeldomm
    Yeh this, i want them to admit that they fucked up so royally and that they arent the greatest thing since sliced bread...there aint nothing wrong with holding your hands up and just saying shit dudes we fucked up and are seriously really sorry
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66  Edited By KaosAngel

Well the good news is that you'll figure out what it is in 2 hours!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#67  Edited By Hailinel
    @VicRattlehead said:
    " @blacklabeldomm
    Yeh this, i want them to admit that they fucked up so royally and that they arent the greatest thing since sliced bread...there aint nothing wrong with holding your hands up and just saying shit dudes we fucked up and are seriously really sorry "
    That would be fantastic, but I doubt Sony would do this.
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FourWude
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Well the good news is that you'll figure out what it is in 2 hours! "
    For real. Or another "Kaos Angel, I heard it on another forum" type promise?
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Aus_azn

I could use a cheesecake soon. I'm beginning to crave it but don't want to spend money on it. DiRT 2 is more important than cheesecake, so I'm saving up.

In all seriousness, I'd probably feel fine if they gave us a game. Doesn't have to be a good one, or a PS3 one. Or $10 credit or something.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KaosAngel
    @FourWude said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " Well the good news is that you'll figure out what it is in 2 hours! "
    For real. Or another "Kaos Angel, I heard it on another forum" type promise? "
    Nah for real.  2 p.m. Tokyo Time, it's been posted around today.  Kaz is going to answer and explain everything.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By Skald

Outland.

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Punk1984
    @KaosAngel said:
    Nah for real.  2 p.m. Tokyo Time, it's been posted around today.  Kaz is going to answer and explain everything. "
    Finally someone will tell me how the microwave works! Kaz you da man! RIIIIIIDGE RACERRRR!
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By N7

Word. For anyone wondering what time: It'll be 1:00 AM Eastern, here in a few hours.

I dun get it though. Is it going to be streamed live or are we just going to have to rely on websites to relay the information back to us?

Or are we turning on "Hard Mode" and only reading the forums for the incoming news? Because that sounds more fun, personally.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By nintendoeats

They pay off our credit cards.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MikkaQ

My credit card not being stolen would suffice. There's no real way to compensate for that, so I don't even care if they try. 

Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Punk1984
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " My credit card not being stolen would suffice. There's no real way to compensate for that, so I don't even care if they try.  "
    Was your card stolen?
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By AURON570
    @CL60 said:

" @AURON570 said:

" PSN is free to begin with, so nothing. I guess only the people who paid for PSN Plus should get something in return. "
    Oh yeah, because we all know this is all about PSN being down and has nothing to do with all of our personal information being compromised. "
    @Hailinel:  Credit card information and purchase history? Now I don't know much, but I think you can just call your bank/credit card provider and get things changed or sorted out pretty easily.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hailinel
    @AURON570 said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @AURON570 said:
    " PSN is free to begin with, so nothing. I guess only the people who paid for PSN Plus should get something in return. "
    Oh yeah, because we all know this is all about PSN being down and has nothing to do with all of our personal information being compromised. "
    @Hailinel:  Credit card information and purchase history? "
    I don't understand the question.  The security breach affects everyone that had an account on PSN, not just PS+ subscribers.  If you had credit card information stored on PSN, it's possible that someone may have stolen it.  Any compensation that Sony grants to users absolutely needs to be given to everyone affected; not just those who paid for PS+ privileges.
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Punk1984

You what I just thought of; they can't give out wallet amounts because many people (myself included) have more than one account and that is forbidden in the EULA. Also prices are not the same across the world so that is another hiccup. I imagine it will be a game if anything.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80  Edited By FesteringNeon
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Hailinel
    @AURON570 said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @AURON570 said:

@Hailinel:  Credit card information and purchase history? Now I don't know much, but I think you can just call your bank/credit card provider and get things changed or sorted out pretty easily. "
    Now that I see your edit, yes, cards can be easily replaced.  I've already got a new credit card coming to me within the week.  However, that does not excuse Sony from providing me with the same compensation that they may grant to PS+ users.  My personal information was stolen.  As someone that paid for a PS3 and who buys PS3 software both on disc and in download form, I am just as much a customer of Sony's as someone that pays the extra money for PS+.  If you don't believe that, you'd make a horrible PR representative.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Punk1984 said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " My credit card not being stolen would suffice. There's no real way to compensate for that, so I don't even care if they try.  "
    Was your card stolen? "
    We don't know that yet, but all I'm saying is that if it IS stolen, there's nothing Sony can do to make up for it, short of sending high class prostitutes to my house nightly for a month. And if my credit card WASN'T stolen, I don't care about the PSN enough for compensation. I have other platforms to play things online, and I don't pay for PSN. Netflix still works, good enough. Though plus subscribers should definitely get something in return. 

Basically my ultimate hope is that my credit card is safe. If it is, Sony's in the clear for me. 
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sarkhan
    @PrimeSynergy said:
    "

@OmegaPirate said:
    "

I say dont bother, as 80% of the internet will not be satisfied with whatever is offered and will bitch anyway

"
    Fucking thank you. I was just about to say this. Sony could literally do anything and someone somewhere will still find a reason to bitch. Personally, i don't care whether or not they do anything. I'll continue to use PSN just like I did before all of this happened.

"

This.
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Punk1984
    @XII_Sniper: So since your card hasn't been stolen Sony is "streets ahead" for you?
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By McGhee

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By Sooty

Cross game voice chat.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Punk1984 said:
    " @XII_Sniper: So since your card hasn't been stolen Sony is "streets ahead" for you? "
    If it's never stolen, then yeah I guess. I mean, I won't think any higher of then, but no hard feelings either. 
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By aurahack

The best gesture is one they've already given.

Sony's been super honest and actually answering people's questions around the clock all while entirely rebuilding their security systems and networks and conducting a high-profile criminal investigation. A free game or credit would be nice but realistically, people will either have forgotten about it and just be thrilled to play online again or they just won't be satisfied with anything offered to them. The best they can do is continue to be as supportive and on-the-ball as they are now and the best we can do is not be spoiled dicks about it. 

They could also change the name of Qriocity. I want to punch someone in the face every time I read that.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#89  Edited By AURON570
    @Hailinel: Well alright I see your point. I suppose then there should be compensation for PSN users who have their credit card information on it. I was thinking of PS+ members sort of like how whiskeymedia was down a few days and members got their subscription extended a few days. It's not like Sony can do the same thing for regular PSN users. I guess it comes down to who gets compensated, and how.
    Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Punk1984
    @XII_Sniper: So since you've seen no personal evidence that your card has been stolen; why worry? I mean your card could have always been stolen even before this Sony thing. In fact I'd bet you would feel horrible if you card had been stolen by some hooker and you've been blaming Sony. 
    Now who owes whom an apology?
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By awesomeusername
    @N7 said:
    "\A certain chat that can be initiated across different games, if you will.  "
    Just told someone else this. I'm pretty sure I read that Microsoft has a patent on this.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By N7
    @awesomeusername said:
    " @N7 said:
    Just told someone else this. I'm pretty sure I read that Microsoft has a patent on this. "
    Oh wow. I haven't heard someone tell this to me for a good long while.

They do, but they also have a patent on in-game music, and tons of games have that on PS3. I forgot exactly how, but it's very easy to get around it without breaking any laws or anything.
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By awesomeusername
    @N7 said:
    " @awesomeusername said:
    " @N7 said:
    Just told someone else this. I'm pretty sure I read that Microsoft has a patent on this. "
    Oh wow. I haven't heard someone tell this to me for a good long while.They do, but they also have a patent on in-game music, and tons of games have that on PS3. I forgot exactly how, but it's very easy to get around it without breaking any laws or anything. "
    Oh, well let's hope one day they do find a way!
    pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By pantzing_nome

Kazuo Hirai said that the playstation network will be back at this week at a news conference. 
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Contro

A free Month of PSN+ is what Sony are offering.  

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#96  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Pessh said:
    " A xbox live subscription "
    count me in
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Punk1984 said:
    " @XII_Sniper: So since you've seen no personal evidence that your card has been stolen; why worry? I mean your card could have always been stolen even before this Sony thing. In fact I'd bet you would feel horrible if you card had been stolen by some hooker and you've been blaming Sony. 
    Now who owes whom an apology?
    "
    Gah dammit, I knew that habit would catch up with me soon!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.