Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

I don't know if you've seen, but PS+ this month is... Holy %#^@!

• 101 results
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Lukeweizer

@Totori said:

ooh games i already have

Or am not interested in. I can see how people would get horny over this, but I have games I want to play. I downloaded Just Cause 2 (which I already on PC and 360) and VF 5. It's nice to have the others if I want, but it's hard for me to justify paying a subscription fee for games that I may, or may not, be interested in.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By cornbredx

Just for the record I do own a PS3 and play it from time to time. My trophies are on my profile if you need to check. It's cool I understand.

I guess what I am saying is coming off negative but really all console "subscription" models need work. It's not just subject to PS3. I don't like Live either. I use it for my own reasons as people do for PS+. I wont knock people for using it, but it's not amazing or mind blowing.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Potts

@BestUsernameEver said:

@TurboMan said:

All about the subscription fee, and also Steam puts way more games on sale, current ones too, the newest (AAA) game ps plus game for free is infamous 2, steam has some deeply discounted games that are basically brand new. Sony and ms have a lot to learn from valve.

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One came out later than infamous 2, as did Space Marine.

I agree on the Valve bit though.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Sterling

@Lukeweizer: No one should subscribe just for the games. You should subscribe because you want to, for the service. The free games are just a bonus if you don't already own them. Subscribing just for the games is like renting them, and you can do that other places for cheaper.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Potts

@CornBREDX said:

@oulzac: Live gets you a more stable network service. That's really it- you're paying for bandwidth costs (too much). Everyone complains about it, but they get it anyway because you have too. If you don't you don't have access to a majority of the features games come with (multiplayer mainly).

I'm not saying you're wrong that Microsoft's model is shitty, but it's no different then PS+. I guess the only difference is PS+ gives you old games to play for free. If you want to prove to yourself its worth it, that's totally logical. It's not for me, but I cant deny your logic there.

I don't know that I buy that anymore. Bandwidth is expensive, especially as much as Xbox uses, but a lot of that is paid for by publishers like EA and Activision, who run the servers that their games are played on.

If Sony can afford to run a successful online service without mandating that their users pay for it, I fail to see why MS can't. XBox Live costs what it does because MS can hold their multiplayer games behind a paywall, and people will line up to pay to play them. You may not be saying MS's model is shitty, but I sure as hell am. And it is different from PS+ in that PS+ IS NOT REQUIRED TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER GAMES. It is a value add, not a requirement, and there's no service on PS3 that requires it that is otherwise unavailable. (I don't count early access to betas as a service, btw. I'm talking about Netflix.)

Also, I kind of prefer multiplayer without headsets - when I play PS3 games online, I don't have to deal with idiots & immature kids calling me various racial slurs.

Dport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Dport

Glad and sad that Just Cause 2 isn't free for Australia. Glad because I bought it 4 days ago, sad that it is a must play game and people will miss out on it.

Good Move Sony (no pun intended)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By cornbredx

@Potts: I agree, actually. That is just the justification.

With MMOs capably being F2P and valve not having to charge to use steam, I don't feel it's completely true anymore either. It's the only justification I know for them having it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sterling

@Potts said:

@CornBREDX said:

@oulzac: Live gets you a more stable network service. That's really it- you're paying for bandwidth costs (too much). Everyone complains about it, but they get it anyway because you have too. If you don't you don't have access to a majority of the features games come with (multiplayer mainly).

I'm not saying you're wrong that Microsoft's model is shitty, but it's no different then PS+. I guess the only difference is PS+ gives you old games to play for free. If you want to prove to yourself its worth it, that's totally logical. It's not for me, but I cant deny your logic there.

I don't know that I buy that anymore. Bandwidth is expensive, especially as much as Xbox uses, but a lot of that is paid for by publishers like EA and Activision, who run the servers that their games are played on.

If Sony can afford to run a successful online service without mandating that their users pay for it, I fail to see why MS can't. XBox Live costs what it does because MS can hold their multiplayer games behind a paywall, and people will line up to pay to play them.

Also, I kind of prefer multiplayer without headsets - when I play PS3 games online, I don't have to deal with idiots & immature kids calling me various racial slurs.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Potts said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@TurboMan said:

All about the subscription fee, and also Steam puts way more games on sale, current ones too, the newest (AAA) game ps plus game for free is infamous 2, steam has some deeply discounted games that are basically brand new. Sony and ms have a lot to learn from valve.

You're right, but I love the fact that they included all 4 one in the deal, we all know it should be free.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Potts

Lol, really. I use the crappy headset that came with my launch 360, works just fine for me. It plugs into the wireless controller, therefore, it's wireless! (Kind of.)

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Potts

@BestUsernameEver said:

@Potts said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@TurboMan said:

You're right, but I love the fact that they included all 4 one in the deal, we all know it should be free.

I've actually really been wanting to play All 4 One, it's a game I can play with my wife & have some fun with.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By EightBitShik

Holy shit I just logged in and saw this I own like 1 of the games wow what a fucking deal.......I'm pretty fucking stoked about this I've been happy with PSN+ before this...this blew my mind.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @oulzac

@Lukeweizer: No one should subscribe just for the games. You should subscribe because you want to, for the service. The free games are just a bonus if you don't already own them. Subscribing just for the games is like renting them, and you can do that other places for cheaper.

I completely agree. I signed up for PS+ to see what it was all about, and I feel like I signed up for Gamefly or something. Is the only other feature of PS+ the cloud saves? I literally cannot think of anything else.

I'm at a weird crossroads with both Subscription services on 360 and PS3. I left my 360 Gold Membership run out a couple months ago because I bought a new PC, but recently just renewed it because the 1 year cards were on sale. But I hate myself for caving in to MS just so I could play games online (especially becauase I can play those online games for free on PC or PSN) because that's all I get out of Gold. I don't use their shitty apps, they're available on PSN and for free.
    Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Bought PS+ while it was on offer at Xmas one year and never looked back. I update every year when ever they have an offer. This is amazing though. I have none of these game but have been tempted by all at some point. Well done Sony.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ajamafalous

Holy shit that's so insane. If I had a PS3 I would be all over this immediately.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nekroskop

I paid 119NOK(~19USD) for 3 months, which is basically fuck all if you're a Norwegian like me. Totally worth it.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#67  Edited By Hizang

This is what is on the UK store for free.

• Choplifter HD (PSN)
    • Hard Corps: Uprising (PSN)
    • Infamous 2 (Retail)
    • Just Cause 2 (Retail)
    • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PSN)
    • LittleBigPlanet 2 (Retail)
    • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Retail)
    • Saints Row 2 (Retail)
    • Sideway: New York (PSN)
    • Virtua Fighter 5 (Retail)
    • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Retail)
    • Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone (PSN)
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By azteris

This week, people find a way to complain about free games. "I ONLY GET THEM WHILE I STAY SUBSCRIBED? FCK THIS" "ALREADY HAVE EM, LAME"

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'd rather pay for the few of those I actually want and be able to keep them forever, rather than pay a subscription to essentially borrow them. It's not like any of those games still cost a lot.

Maybe this appeals to some, but I don't really see it.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hamz

I am actually tempted, but I need to save my money for moving flat...oh decisions decisions, I could go a week without food right, right!?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By sopranosfan

@Hamz said:

I am actually tempted, but I need to save my money for moving flat...oh decisions decisions, I could go a week without food right, right!?

Just sign up for 3 months and eat Ramen noodles.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Milkman

Cool but I've already played these games.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#73  Edited By Chemin

My PS3 HDD will sweat bullets. Also, I probably need a bigger one...

sonicrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By sonicrift

If you treat this as a kind of a rental service, it's not a bad deal. I've wanted to play through Infamous 2 and Ratchet and Clank. Any other month, I'd consider this, but I've just got too much on my plate right now.

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mutley

Got myself Infamous 2, Renegade Ops and Outland.

God with these games and my other backlog of games I have NO idea how I'm going to get through them all...

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By superfriend

Wow, that is a great list of games! I like the US lineup a little better. Does anybody know if this is available everywhere in the world?

I live in Germany.. and they have a tendency of not releasing anything on PSN over here.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Grabbed Virtual Fighters 5, Space Marine 40k, Little Big Planet 2, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. Glad to own a playstation plus membership but kind of feel "its a little to late" towards Sony for doing this release close to the console cycles end. Still though great release can't complain.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yeah. I flipped the fuck out when I saw this. I didn't have any regrets signing up for PS+ before, doubly don't now.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79  Edited By evanbower

I still can't get over the idea that I won't actually own any of these games if I ever let my subscription end. Hmmmm.. I'll really have to ponder this.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80  Edited By N7
    @evanbower said:

I still can't get over the idea that I won't actually own any of these games if I ever let my subscription end. Hmmmm.. I'll really have to ponder this.

Think of it like Netflix. Or any other subscription service. If your Xbox Live Gold membership goes out, you won't freak that you can't play online. All it really does is really increase the probability of you to resubscribe.

Also, to anyone who has downloaded All 4 One, why don't you throw down your PSN so we can play together? I hear bad things about playing it alone.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By vitor

Woah - I really want to play Infamous 2 and LBP2 while I wouldn't mind trying out Ratchet and Clank All 4 One with some friends. I guess I'm getting the 3 month pass. That's insane.

Shame I have Lara Croft/Just Cause 2 and Space Marine on PC already. Amazing deal regardless.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BoFooQ

I signed up last month for a full year which at $50 seemed almost like too much, but than I saw this list after e3 and was happy. I just put 500gb hard drive into my ps3 and have been downloading games since. so far for my money I'll get

just cause 2, never played

infamous 2, enjoyed the fist never played the second

awsomanuts, have had lots of fun so far

rock of ages, have been waiting for this since the quick look

trine 2, heard good things but never wanted to buy

also if the warhammer game is big new game not the downloadable game that came the same time I'll be downloading that next.

Anyone know how long or quickly PS will be changing these games in and out? I could go for a huge group of old games next month.

TBird13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TBird13

@Potts said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Potts said:

Any free game you get through PS+, you lose access to if you unsub to PS+. However, if you re-up, you gain access to them again.

Are you certain? Several people were claiming otherwise in that other thread.

That's been my experience with it. But I could be mistaken.

Potts is exactly right. Anything you get for free is unaccessible when your subscription ends. Every time you download something, it displays the agreement informing you of such.

Just think about it as long term renting. I mean, eventually PSN on PS3 won't be a thing anymore, but you'll have plenty of time to play everything before that happens.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deox

I've been solely against PS+ since they started the service, It's always seemed like a really poor investment to me... If Sony continues to release line-ups like this every month, I might actually start subscribing.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By strainedeyes

Downloaded Just Cause 2 and LBP2. I traded LBP2 a few months ago, glad to have it back.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@TBird13 said:

@Potts said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Potts said:

Any free game you get through PS+, you lose access to if you unsub to PS+. However, if you re-up, you gain access to them again.

Are you certain? Several people were claiming otherwise in that other thread.

That's been my experience with it. But I could be mistaken.

Potts is exactly right. Anything you get for free is unaccessible when your subscription ends. Every time you download something, it displays the agreement informing you of such.

Just think about it as long term renting. I mean, eventually PSN on PS3 won't be a thing anymore, but you'll have plenty of time to play everything before that happens.

I think he was more confused as to what happens to the content you get via subscription after your subscription lapses and you resubscribe.

I can confirm from experience as someone who buys PS+ in 3 month increments and occasionally skips a month or two, you DO regain access to everything from your previous subscription as long as you have "bought" it via the checkout. Infact, when you resubscribe all the old PS+ games you had will jump to the top of your download queue!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#87  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Protome: No, I really meant what happened to the games when one's subscription ends as some have said that they kept access to their free games after their subscription ended. I think this is actually still the case, but with a very few amount of games that it doesn't matteer.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Potts

@BoFooQ said:

I signed up last month for a full year which at $50 seemed almost like too much, but than I saw this list after e3 and was happy. I just put 500gb hard drive into my ps3 and have been downloading games since. so far for my money I'll get

just cause 2, never played

infamous 2, enjoyed the fist never played the second

awsomanuts, have had lots of fun so far

rock of ages, have been waiting for this since the quick look

trine 2, heard good things but never wanted to buy

also if the warhammer game is big new game not the downloadable game that came the same time I'll be downloading that next.

Anyone know how long or quickly PS will be changing these games in and out? I could go for a huge group of old games next month.

The Warhammer 40K game is the big AAA one - third person shooter with a heavy melee focus. It's the disc release. It's also a lot of fun, you should def. try it - it's worth $20 on it's own, and free is even better.

They change the big ones once a month, and occasionally will offer new ones every one or two weeks for the smaller ones. I get the feeling that the current crop are for the full month, and we won't see any weekly ones in June.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BrockNRolla

These games are only interesting if you weren't interested enough in them and therefore never picked them up. The only games that are on there that matter to me, LBP2, Infamous 2, and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, I've already played. The rest are oddities or old stuff I don't care about. Is it a good deal if you're new to consoles or haven't been playing many games this generation? Sure.

Otherwise I don't quite see why this is so amazing. Sorry, but the hardcore reping folks are doing for PS+ just doesn't make sense to me.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mesklinite

I don't own a playstation, but I'm curious, do you get to keep the games you download even after you stop your playstation + sub?

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Portis

Sold my copy of Littlebigplanet 2 months ago and regretted it ever since. PlayStation Plus has my back! I'm currently playing through all of the single player levels again. So good.

DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By DoubleKR

@Redbullet685 said:

@JeanLuc said:

That's sick, but do I lose those games the second I stop using Playstation Plus?

If you stop your subscription, yes. But if you keep the games downloaded onto your hard drive while you aren't subbed, if you subscribe again, you retain the old games you downloaded.

Wait, so I download them and can play them from now to the end of time, as long as I'm subscribed? What happens when they switch the games out and they are still downloaded? Help me understand this here....

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#93  Edited By Sooperspy

@DoubleKR said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@JeanLuc said:

That's sick, but do I lose those games the second I stop using Playstation Plus?

If you stop your subscription, yes. But if you keep the games downloaded onto your hard drive while you aren't subbed, if you subscribe again, you retain the old games you downloaded.

Wait, so I download them and can play them from now to the end of time, as long as I'm subscribed? What happens when they switch the games out and they are still downloaded? Help me understand this here....

If you have downloaded the games, then you can play them until your sub. runs out. Even after the games go off of the store for free, you can still play them if you have downloaded them.

DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By DoubleKR

@Redbullet685 said:

@DoubleKR said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@JeanLuc said:

If you have downloaded the games, then you can play them until your sub. runs out. Even after the games go off of the store for free, you can still play them if you have downloaded them.

SOLD. Peace out Microsoft I'm done with all the Ads.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By WickedCobra03

I owned a few of those games already, but whatever. I paid 17 dollars for an entire year due to the misprint in the target ad last winter, so it is fully paying off, I don't know if I will stay on board for $50 a year. Sure, I play games, just not enough I feel like. I let XBL lapse awhile ago, just because I didn't play enough, so this, I feel like I wouldn't mind getting some free games out of, but you have to stay subscribed to keep them which kind of sucks cause it can take me awhile to get to them...

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#96  Edited By damnboyadvance

This is literally the only reason I subscribed to Playstation Plus. There's no doubt in my mind that this deal alone was worth $50. It paid for itself right away, and for the next year, I'll still have access to tons of great deals and discounts. (I know, I sound like a saleperson in that paragraph)

Can't wait to see what else Sony comes up with for Playstation Plus in the next year.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By dagas

I subscribed because of this but then I saw that I only can play the games as long as I have an active PS Plus sub. Oh well, still not a bad deal. I don't have many PS3 games since my 360 is my main console, this is a good way of getting a bunch of games. I hope they continue to have good games for free for PS Plus members.

Fillem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Fillem

Sad because apparently EU users don't get Just Cause.

Happy because it's still a great step-up from previous PS+ months.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Giefcookie

Hopefully they will start adding some vita/psp games in there. Depending on the next batch of games I'm 95% sure about subbing, at least for the 3month period.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By sickVisionz

Hmmm, my PS3 is currently just a media device and I play maybe one or two games a year on it but if PS+ keeps this up and it becomes this Netflix-like gaming service where I can access dozens of older games for $40 a year, I might subscribe.

It sucks that the older games go away after a month though. If it was straight up Netflix or some steam-like rental thing where you can play any game for a month then pay chump change (like $5) to keep access to it for the life of the service, I'd be more into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.