PSP must have games

#1 Posted by d0m3l (63 posts) -

Hi duders!

I just have picked up crappy but brand new PSP Street for 60$ and now I am thinking about games. what are must haves for the platform? I already have Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions bought form PSN. I know, that Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable has huge following. But in the face of impending Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (already preordered) i think I will have my fit of JRPGs. Any good platformers? I love Ratchet franchise on PS3. also I enjoy occasional arcade racer (Gran Turismo i too simylation-y for me)

#2 Posted by Levius (1202 posts) -

Persona 2: Innocent Sin is totally worth playing eventually, once your done with those JRPGs.

I remember liking the Daxter game, from what I remember it's a mini-Jak II in many ways, with an (small) open world and what-not.

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Patapon 1 and 2, Chinatown Wars, LocoRoco, Peace Walker, Birth By Sleep and Valkyria Chronicles 2 are all great games,

#4 Posted by believer258 (12084 posts) -
PSP Street

What is this thing I've never heard of?

Daxter

...a bunch of PS1 games.

#5 Posted by d0m3l (63 posts) -
#6 Posted by d0m3l (63 posts) -

@believer258: it's newest PSP without wifi. really cheap and plastic-y ;)

#7 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

Work Time Fun.

#9 Posted by spankingaddict (2727 posts) -

Daxter and LocoRoco 2

#10 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -
#11 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Ariketh said:

Work Time Fun.

I spent way too much time with that game. Fucking pen caps ><

#12 Posted by posh (521 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Daxter

...a bunch of PS1 games.

yep. and the sega collection if you can find it cheap. also ape escape

those PS1 games should be abe's oddysee, FF9, crash bandicoot 3, kula world, kurushi final and um jammer lammy

#13 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

VICE CITY STORIES

Dissidia.

#14 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and MGS Peace Walker are easily my favorite games for the PSP.

#15 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5854 posts) -

It's a JRPG, but it's also the best game on the PSP.

so get it.

#16 Posted by mosespippy (4366 posts) -

Lumines is the only must have PSP game and it's not on PSN so get the UMD. LocoRoco 2 is fantastic and a huge improvement over the first one.

@eroticfishcake: You aren't the only one who has spent more time on PSP than anything else. I've spent 500 hours on Valcyria Chronicles 2 alone.

#17 Posted by Bollard (5748 posts) -

You only need one game.

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Freedom Unite in the US).

#18 Posted by Redbullet685 (6066 posts) -
#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

It's a JRPG, but it's also the best game on the PSP.

so get it.

I've never heard of this. Are you making a joke about Chemtrails, or is it really somethin' special? I've also just bought a PSP (actually it's a Vita), but I'm always looking for games to play on it.

#20 Posted by gaminghooligan (1477 posts) -

Buy The Warriors game that Rockstar did.... I played that game so much I here the theme every time I go for a run.

#21 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@d0m3l said:

Hi duders!

I just have picked up crappy but brand new PSP Street for 60$ and now I am thinking about games. what are must haves for the platform? I already have Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions bought form PSN. I know, that Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable has huge following. But in the face of impending Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (already preordered) i think I will have my fit of JRPGs. Any good platformers? I love Ratchet franchise on PS3. also I enjoy occasional arcade racer (Gran Turismo i too simylation-y for me)

GITAROO MAN IS SO AMAZING if you can find it, Rock Band Unplugged is pretty great and so is Lumines

#22 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5854 posts) -
#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

@TooWalrus: Well I liked it enough to name it my GOTY of 2011.

I don't know if that means anything to you, but yeah I think it's pretty great.

Well Ghost Trick and Catherine were both high on your list, and your avatar is Phi from VLR, so yeah, that means somethin'. Our taste in games seems pretty similar- I'll definitely check it out some time.

#24 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

Any European duders know if Work Time Fun is available on the EU PSN Store? 
Searched for it in the online store but didn't find anything. Was it only released in the US?

#25 Edited by agentboolen (1831 posts) -

@d0m3l:

Tekken Dark Resurection

Street Fighter Alpha 3

God of War (both of them were great)

Burnout (I think the 1st one was the better of the 2)

Midnight Club: LA Remix

GTA - Everything but Chinatown wars IMO

#26 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

Phantasy Star Portable and 3rd Birthday are pretty good

#28 Posted by d0m3l (63 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.