Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

The Pokemon League Season 4 - Winner Gets a Lansat Berry!

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@spaceboat: I had clicked Thunder Wave totally forgetting that Mega Absol was still live. When I finally realized it I got nervous that you'd make that play. Needless to say I was pretty relieved that you brought in Scizor instead.

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SpaceBoat

I think that even in that case, there's not much Mega Absol can do back to Togekiss. It would probably have just sent us back into the loop of Mega Absol -> Talonflame -> Ferrothorn/Goodra and that hurt me more than it hurt you.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By aajf

Just dropping in to say that myself and Sleepover King will be playing on Saturday, sorry to slow down the bracket like that but it's the earliest it can work.

Really looking forward to watching the above battles. Can't believe there haven't been any 2-1 games yet.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Hunter5024

I managed to beat DarthOrange in our match. The first one involves me playing dumb and then somehow getting lucky with my Togekiss. The second one is super close, worth a watch.

C87W WWWW WWW5 XPFK

H4AG WWWW WWW5 XPFF

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Both matches were pretty close and they are short too unlike those 10,000 turn @jinx1battles. :P

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished my battles with Hunter. 2-0

KDMW-WWWW-WWW5-2NZ7

UK4W-WWWW-WWW5-2NZA

I think that crit on earthquake in the first battle saved my life. Also, the second battle may have gone differently if Scizor had gotten pegged by that Fire Blast. Mega Lucario is tough for my team to handle without Chandelure. My prediction has been getting kind of rusty lately, so I kept losing him.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By aajf

@sleepoverking and I just played, I took it 2-0. The first match was closer than the final score indicated, and the second was tight and very lengthy!

P4XG-WWWW-WWW5-4FTD

48CW-WWWW-WWW5-4FTM

I think this will be my third time playing @theblue, if I'm not mistaken.

SleepoverKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sheer amount of misses on my part in that first match made me want to cry.

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By fragor87

So what happens if the time runs out on a match? How should that be scored? Jinx and I went to time in the first match. I had 6 Pokemon left still and Jinx had 5. The game recorded Jinx as the winner. I'm not really sure how it determines who wins in a timeout like that though.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hunter5024

Well this is interesting. I wasn't able to find much information about this online, but what I did find seemed to suggest that if there are no fainted pokemon, an overall HP percentage determines the winner. This is just what some stranger on gamefaqs said though, but its all I can find (aside from some official wi fi tournament page from 2011 saying "The game will automatically apply tiebreakers." which is super useful information.)

I don't know. I'm out of the tournament so I don't have any stake in it. Though to me it seems like a draw. I don't see how its fair to declare either team a winner if neither one could scratch the other. If its calculated by overall HP then that calculation really favors stall teams, particularly if they have Blissey on them. Which I guess is kind of fair because that's what they're trying to accomplish, but even if it's a defensive oriented strategy, they need to be accountable for how much damage they're capable of doling out in sixty minutes. Who knows though, that might not even be how they calculate it.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hunter5024

@jinx1: I was just putting in my two cents. It should definitely be left up to Goranp. Though if it is a draw maybe instead of giving neither of you a victory, it counts as one for each or something.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By aajf

@goranp So neither of them can make substitutions?

@theblue and I played our match, I came out on top 2-0. Two fun battles, the first one the closer of the pair.

5W9W-WWWW-WWW5-5N6N

76YG-WWWW-WWW5-5N6R

@spaceboat, looks like it's me again!

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jinx1: Congrats on hitting 200 straight victories. I may be interested in trading a 5 IV pokemon for those berries though. :-D

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

200? Holy shit, you rock!

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to time again with Jinx. This time I had 5 and Jinx had 4 at the end. Will leave it up to the judge's to decide...

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who did the game say won this time? Was it the same? Surely it must have some system for "correctly" determining winners in that scenario. Otherwise, we could go really in depth on who probably would have stalled out the other based on PP, but that sounds kind of tedious...

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By fragor87

The game stated that Jinx won and if that's how we want it to play out then I'm fine with it. I came here because I wanted to play 6v6 Pokemon with people who actually built teams and not the random passerbys that challenge me on PSS with Mewtwos, Yveltals, etc.

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jinx1: Thanks I enjoyed them too. Aegislash is my sub specifically for wall breaking. Unfortunately Gliscor is an epic pain in the butt on your team and is just about impossible to break through with Skarmory and Blissey supporting it.

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jinx1: Blissey walls Volcarona to hell and back and since it has Toxic you're just putting it on a clock.

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By aajf

@spaceboat and I played yet another round of battles, this time I ended up taking it. Two very enjoyable games as always, I think despite the scorelines the first one was the more interesting of the pair:

Y9CW-WWWW-WWW5-A2RD

4LSG-WWWW-WWW5-A2SA

So I guess that means I'm playing @fragor87 in the lower bracket final for the right to face Jinx, even if that's not what the bracket says yet. Looking forward to it.

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've always said that the score doesn't really show how close a match was. A 6-0 can still be a close, long game. Maybe it just happened to end with one player finding an opening for their sweep after a long set of posturing.

My moves in these battles were kind of weak. I should have attacked with more purpose instead of just using my moves. Also, Tyranitar somehow always manages to blindside me.

SleepoverKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bank is out I think in all regions, yeah. Lots more fun to be had in this gen!

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goranp: aajf and I will be playing on Thursday. So I would assume the finals would be played shortly after that.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragor87 just played the semifinal, I came out on top. The first battle was seriously tight, and I nearly messed it all up early in the second but came through.

5RMG-WWWW-WWW5-GFCS

V56G-WWWW-WWW5-GFD6

Glad to have made it back to the final, looking forward to it!

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aajf: I should have never went for will-o-wisp early in game 2. I knew your Conkeldurr would come in on it. I think I was subconsciously misplaying to lose because I didn't want to spend another round facing off against Jinx's stall team lol. Which by the way.... Have fun with that :-|

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also for those interested in the potential sneak peek of my Season 5 team I recently battled a fairly popular Pokemon Youtuber the other day, shadypenguinn. If you want to watch our battle in real time as he commentates then check out the link here.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragor87: haha, that battle was ace. I love how you immediately snapped him out of his slightly over the top Youtuber persona with your opener. Seems like a good guy, will check out some more of his videos.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fragor87: After getting past his non-stop talking intro, he seems like a cool guy. I'm impressed with how well he did with such an unconventional team. I almost thought he could've pulled it out towards the end there.

aajf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By aajf

I forfeited the first after about 30 minutes and my connection dropped about 50 minutes into the second but Jinx was going to win it anyway. Many congratulations to the new champ.

The second match was lost the moment Jinx led with Gliscor: Sableye can cope with Gliscor without toxic heal, but without knocking off his toxic orb or burning him before he could poison himself I had no pokemon who could threaten both Gliscor and Blissey. I don't want to say his team is unbeatable but it's certainly tough.

edit - was quite salty as originally posted, sorry. Hearty congrats to jinx!

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats to jinx, proving that it's not the number of Pokemon that matters!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Hunter5024
    DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to repeat what I said before we started and submitted our teams.

Also anyone who uses Chansey or Blissey is a jerk :P

Congrats Jinx. I'm glad I didn't have to face you this season!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Maybe I should give this a go next time. So no evasion movies like Protect and Substitute right?

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SpaceBoat

Fair enough, though the reason you didn't fight very many people is because you won every time.

There are a lot of interesting mechanics changes that affected the game way more than the obvious new type and mega evolutions (granted, a lot of people don't play with specific megas like Kangaskhan and Gengar).

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjor64 said:

Maybe I should give this a go next time. So no evasion movies like Protect and Substitute right?

I am pretty sure those are both allowed, although I don't believe anyone was using either this season.

fragor87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations @jinx1! So, when do we get to start talking about Season 5? I had a ton of fun my first time through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.