Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Poker Night at the Inventory

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 22, 2010

A poker game from Telltale featuring many key characters from their studio along with other guest stars.

Anyone else have this game on Steam and never purchased it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eedc15bc689f
    deactivated-5eedc15bc689f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I noticed this morning that I now have this game in my games owned list, it does not appear to be any kind of free weekend promo, and as far as I can tell no one gifted it to me. I bought this game from Telltale, but not through Steam.  

Any one else notice this? Am I missing something? 

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Brackynews
    @Murtaug:  Is there some way your Steam client found the executable without you manually adding it?  Or vice versa with the game adding itself?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went "hey, Steam detected, add it to the list so people actually get the TF2 achievement items."
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

Weird. Must have checked to see if you had Steam when you installed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eedc15bc689f
    deactivated-5eedc15bc689f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Figured it out I believe. 

Looks like if you register the code you get from Telltale in order to get the Team Fortress 2 rewards credited to your account it will add the game to your Steam account as well.  

If you bought directly from Telltale as I did, go here:  http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor 

Copy the code you get into the "add game" option in Steam, that is about the only thing I can think of that I did other than have the game installed on my PC.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

Telltale's Alan Johnson says:

Right now, there are no plans to link a TTG purchased Poker Night at the Inventory to Steam. That said, you do get the pre-order visor via an email code that will be going out soon.
    And I haven't heard anything further, so I suspect that's still the case. Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account and log in. That will show you what you own, when you got it, how you got it, and how much it cost. What does it say for Poker Night at the Inventory?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.