Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Anyone getting their copy from GameStop tomorrow?

Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kraivyne

I will be heading to GameStop tomorrow to pick up my pre-order pack. I contacted GameStop and they said they will definitely have it tomorrow.

My question are as follows:

-How much are you anticipating playing the game tomorrow?

I have been waiting for this game to release for ages and fingers crossed it will be a blast to play. From what I have read the people who have been playing it so far seem to enjoy the game.

- Will you head straight into the story or run around and cause absolute chaos?

I will eventually start the story line but I most probably will run around the city, trying to get to the highest points and jumping off (much like I did in Crackdown). Then I will see how much damage I can do with the initial arsenal.

- Where are you getting your pre-order from and what comes with
    it?

I am getting mine from GameStop as I have already mentioned. It will come with a little bio hazard capsule that contains a map and  a figurine of Alex will also be included.

Hope you enjoy Prototype!

Kraivyne

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, I know that my store didn't get our shipment today. So, unless they overnight it we arn't going to have them tomorrow.

I'm personally going to hold off picking up mine until some reviews come out. I've got it completely paid off, and I work there, so I don't have much fear of my pre-order goodies going anywhere.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Unfortunately, I'm going to Ohio on Wednesday, so I don't have the time to play any games for the next week or so.  Therefore, I shall have to wait until next Wednesday to get a chance to play it, if not longer.  =  (

Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Snuffy

I tried to get mine today but unfortunately, it's quite popular and they didn't have any copies outside of their reserved copies.

I'll be getting mine tomorrow.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

i will be getting mine later today

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Carlos1408

I'm waiting for reviews to come out, so I haven't pre-ordered it or anything...
    I hope it's good the game sounds awesome. :)

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By DukeTogo

The few indie reviews I've seen are glowing, very high rated and mention anywhere from 12-30 hours in length.  Extremely gory and about as sandbox as you can get since you can do almost anything.

There is a review embargo so the big sites can't post theirs until the 10th.  While normally that means the game can be questionable, I think it's in large part because of the fact that there are three sandbox games out at within a week of each other, and inFamous in particular has long been compared to this game since they both were announced.  The games questionable morality in terms of the wanton killing you do to everyone might also be a factor that has caused the publisher to keep a low profile for fear of media attention.

In case you don't know, you literally butcher people in the game, even to the point of "consuming" them.  At times you can use a person like a God damn skateboard leaving a trail of gore behind you.  It may be this that caused them to keep a little quiet about it until after it ships, for fear of a Manhunt style outcry.

In answer to your question, I will be picking up my preorder tofday or tomorrow from GS.  My friend picked up inFamous and this just looks so much more crazy than that game.  Not that inFamous is bad by any means, but this way we can swap when we're done and enjoy both games.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

Im just gonna rent it.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

My friends going to the midnight release, but I'm going on vacation Wednesday, so I won't be able to pick it up until I get back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.