Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Break

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 05, 2016

A third-person shooter from the studio behind Max Payne and Alan Wake, with heavy time-travel and time-manipulation themes.

Are you going to get Quantum Break?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll Are you going to get Quantum Break? (232 votes)

Yeah, I am. I'm excited! 22%
    Yes, though ironically, I'm not that excited... 6%
    No. I was planning on it, but I changed my mind. 10%
    No, and I never really cared to do so. 40%
    Maybe. I'm not really sure right now. 18%
    I have an answer that's not listed. 4%

I have an answer I didn't even list. It's really in between the first two. I do plan on getting it on day of release, but I am just somewhat excited, not overly. I really like Remedy's games. The only things holding me back from being super excited is that Quantum Break is a new thing, so I don't really know what I'm getting into, as opposed to it being a sequel to Alan Wake for instance, and I hear the game isn't that long, so I hope it uses its time well. Yes, there are differing views of how good or bad the game is through reviews, and I don't like to use reviews as a way to decide whether I want something because of the fact everyone feels differently about things, but the positive reviews definitely get me excited about it more. When it comes to Remedy's games, I love the stories, and the atmospheric settings in both Max Payne and Alan Wake are great to me. I also loved Alan Wake's soundtrack by Petri Alanko, and he's doing Quantum Break's, which has me interested to hear what it sounds like during the game. Something that I am curious about is how the show aspect is factored into it, just by how important it really is, and whether I should even watch it when I first go through it, or watch it some other time if I'm interested enough. I think it's optional right? I hear it's not that crucial to the main game.

• 
    pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the game and I am just starting act 3. I have been taking my time with the game collecting everything but I have already been playing it for 10 hours. I think the game is fantastic so far, it definitely has that signature Remedy "feel" to it.

I think the shooting feels good and I think the game looks spectacular. I really enjoy the combat but so far at least, I don't think there is enough of it and I realise that I will probably be in the minority with that opinion.

Overall the story is good so far and I'm enjoying the show more than I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, it's not something I would watch outside of the game but as an accompaniment to the game I think it works really well.

The game has not disappointed me so far and I'm glad Remedy took some risks.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: You really should watch the show your first time through.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe some day from a sale. I loooooved both Max Payne 1 and 2, but Alan Wake didn't manage to grab me at all when it finally came out on PC. That together with the fact that QB used to be an exclusive game when I still didn't have Xbone kinda killed my interest for it and it hasn't really managed to spark up since.

Sellerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At some point, totally. Remedy has a cool vibe in all their games that I love and want to see keep going. Also, I'm a sucker for time control. Always loved that hooked. But, at this point, I think I'm going to wait. I'm curious if it keeps its price up or gets slashed immediately.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

Maybe if the PC version ever goes on deep discount at some point in the distant future. But then again, since this is a Windows Store title the likelihood of me actually going through the work to buy it at any cost is practically zero. Looks totally average and forgettable.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Already did, pretty happy with my purchase.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By nicolenomicon

Was never really interested, and it isn't on Win7 anyway so I guess it's a moot point for me, really.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I had my fill of ho hum third person cover shooters a while sgo, thanks.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Yes, I love Remedy games. Getting it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually, i'm pretty sure. Wonder if MS will ever discount Windows 10 games...

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah. I was interested at first but the more info that came out about it and what I've seen of gameplay videos and have read in reviews really turned me off to it. Its a shame too because the concept of it sounded really cool.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

No, at least not right away. As much as I love Remedy, I think I'm pretty much set with SFV and Stardew right now and the lukewarm reviews are telling me wait for the game to go on sale. Then again, it's a Windows 10 game so who knows if or when that will ever happen.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I really really like Alan Wake, and from what I got from Jeff's review I'll probably really like Quantum Break.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#14  Edited By Slag

I thought about it, but the more I hear about the Win 10 store the less I want to touch anything from there. I don't care how good the game is.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nardak

While i respect Jeff as a gaming journalist and as a human encyclopedia when it comes to all things to do with gaming:)...i think that Jeffs taste in games differs somewhat from mine. I for example lowed Alan Wake while i seem to remember that Jeff was somewhat unimpressed by that particular game.

Reviews seem to be somewhat mixed but I want to form my own opinion about the game. It could be that after playing the game i might agree with Jeff. But i want to give the guys at Remedy a chance to impress me. They have done pretty decent fps games in the past. Though i kinda wish they werent so tied in with Microsoft. I think that relationship could have hurt the sales of some of their games (Alan Wake comes to my mind especially).

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Zurv

I cancelled my pre order. If it on sale and sli works I might pick it up in the future

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'll wait for a sale. This looked really awesome about 30 E3's ago but since then, like most of those next-gen big announcements, it turns out that it's basically your typical shooter with some graphical flair. I liked Max Payne 3 a lot, which they ironically didn't work on, and disliked Alan Wake. This looks alright and I still like cover shooters with neat effects, but I'll probably wait until it's more around the $15-20 range.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sterling

When it falls to, or under $20 in a few months is when I'll pick it up.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No, never will.

The main issue is that people seem to be saying that the controls / feel are "meh" at best, and the special powers are not as well-integrated into the standard action as it should be.

And secondly, if a game thinks it's okay to show you the story in 25 minute-long unplayable segments, then that's a game I do not want to support.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I've never played an Alan Wake game and I really can't describe why I haven't cared to try. Neither those games nor QuBreak looks very exciting to me. I don't have a XONE yet and the chances of me buying a Windows store game are reaaaaalllly slim. I mean, I'm still fighting my computer's non-stop requests to upgrade to W10. Is there no where to turn that shit off?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I'm gonna check a few redboxes around. This seems like the single most rentable game I've seen in a very long time

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#22 riostarwind  Moderator

At one point I was excited for Quantum Break but the closer we got to release the more my need to play it diminished. But I do have a Xbox One and it is mainly to play exclusive games so I'll pick it up someday when it goes on sale for 20$.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wary of the Windows Store PC releases after GoW HD, so gonna wait and see.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm a Remedy fan so yeah, I'm in. It's kind of a big reason for me having an Xbox even though that's pointless now.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna buy it for PC but until i get reliable reports that the windows store doesnt cripple your gaming experience im gonna hold off.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not at the price they're charging around here, holy moly. 550DKR (85$) for a PC game, noooope.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've recently sort of realized just how much I like Remedy's work. Grabbed the game the day it came out. I'm not the kind of guy who regrets buying games. Even if it ends up disappointing me, I get plenty of value out of the discussion around that. That said, I like what I've seen and I'm excited to see where it goes.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rethla: Idk but seriously doubt most of the issues with this game are caused by the windows store. It just seems like a rushed port that didn't get enough of the attention it needed.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sravankb: Actually, the show part were well integrated, and it doesn't actually go on for too long. I was okay with it. The controls are fine, but the sensitivity was off. I had to turn it down from 50 to 20, and it still didn't make it a great sensitivity. The thing about the powers is that, while I think they're all useful, they're not necessary because the combat is pretty easy, so you will end up upgrading and using a select few of them rather than creatively using them all to your benefit in most encounters.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm up to act 3 and I'm digging it so far. I'm enjoying the show so far too. The combat hasn't worn out its welcome yet but I can see it happening by the end. There isn't anything all that remarkable about the game but it's been enjoyable so far.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping for it to pop up on Redbox, which is probably the only way I'll consider it until it gets cheap. Time's precious and if I have to play something, I'd rather like to enjoy the whole package, not just the graphics.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hippie_genocide

This is one of the more divisive games I can recall in recent memory. Reviews and impressions are all over the place. I'm a Remedy fan, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to play QB. I'm sure I'll play it eventually but it could be way down the line.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueneurosis: To be honest, the visuals aren't spectacular. I mean, they aren't that 'next best thing' kind of deal. It looks great, but it won't blow you away, so yeah, you definitely wouldn't be playing it for the graphics.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm excited to play it, I enjoy Remedy's work on the gameplay front, and I'm not surprised at all to see mixed reactions to the game - Alan Wake suffered the same fate and even those working for this site who actually liked it talked like it played like garbage and just had a cool setting.

I've opted not to pick it up on launch, though, simply because I'm trying to get out of that habit - particularly now that I have a bunch of games in my backlog that I really need to get around to. I'm also sure it won't be hard to find in 6-12 months time.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@hakunin said:

Not at the price they're charging around here, holy moly. 550DKR (85$) for a PC game, noooope.

Also this holy shit Microsoft kill UWP already

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.