The Quantum Break wiki last edited by peterpasinili007 on 08/14/14 05:28PM
View full history
Initially revealed at Microsoft's 2013 Xbox One unveiling, Quantum Break is a time travel mystery developed by Remedy Entertainment Ltd. exclusively for the Xbox One. Quantum Break combines a live action television show with a high octane action 3rd person shooter. The television show portion of the game is shipping along side the game both intended to be experienced as a unified creative work. The game will follow the story of the game's heroes Jack Joyce and Beth Wilder while the television show follows the story of the game's villainous corporation Monarch led by antagonist Paul Serene.
Viewing the television show portion of the Quantum Break is entirely optional, though a this portion of the game will give players information that tie back to the actual game. Depending on certain actions a player takes in game, the television show will give you your very own "Directer's Cut" of the television show.
Quantum Break is due for Release in 2015.
In the story of Quantum Break, time is breaking down. Set in the fictional east coast university town Riverport, localized time anomalies begin to appear causing stutters and freezes that contribute to the breaking in time. These anomalies are caused by a failed science experiment involving Quantum Break protagonist Jack Joyce, Beth Wilder and antagonist Paul Serene. The failed experiment gives these 3 individuals special abilities that can control time itself.
Quantum Break as a whole is said to be thought as "season one" of Quantum Break. Like any other television show, if this is successful more season will follow. The show is following the actions of the Monarch Corporation and master mind Paul Serene. Paul Serene will play a role in how the television shows play out with his special time manipulation ability "Junction in time" here a player will control Paul and choose how the story will play out.
Quantum Break's television show are not just "long cutscenes" each episode will run for be 30 minute.
Both Jack Joyce and Beth Wilder will be playable character in the game each with their own time manipulation powers. Remedy's creative director Sami Järvi (Sam Lake) stated that this will be a third person action shooter, in line with Remedy's past AAA game like Max Payne and Alan Wake. Though the game will be heavily influenced by Max Payne's gun play and not Alan Wake's. Unlike their past game, Quantum Break will feature a dynamic cover system and various time manipulation powers.
Jack Joyce will be able to stop for a small time time and sprint away from danger or get up close and melee attack enemies.
- Remedy CEO Matias Myllyrinne has stated Quantum Break as "the biggest entertainment undertaking" in Finnish history.
- Remedy has created a brand new engine to power Quantum Break called the "Northlight Engine".
- The first thing Remedy does after hiring actors is send them to the dentist to get dental molds, then digitize and implant them into their digital count parts.
- Remedy beefed up the 55 person team that worked on Alan Wake to 100+ employees that will work on Quantum Break.
- Remedy enlisted a ex-CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) scientist and university teacher to teach them about quantum and classical physics, helping them mold this time travel mystery plot.
- Unlike Alan Wake, Microsoft has full ownership of the Quantum Break Intellectual Property.
- Remedy has vastly improved their facial capture technology partnering with dimensional imaging.