Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Break

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 05, 2016

A third-person shooter from the studio behind Max Payne and Alan Wake, with heavy time-travel and time-manipulation themes.

Is this an exclusive?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I really, really love Remedy. Really. So I'm excited for their new game (even though the trailer was a complete waste of time).

What I didn't quiet get is, if this game is Xbone exclusive. I actually rewatched the reveal and at no point did they mention anything like that. Have I missed something? I know some sites say it's an exclusive but others don't, so I'm kinda confused.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Remedy is amazing. I kind of hope it isn't an exclusive, but I feel like it is.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Funkydupe

So this is like the TV series "Touch" ?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really, really love Remedy. Really. So I'm excited for their new game (even though the trailer was a complete waste of time).

What I didn't quiet get is, if this game is Xbone exclusive. I actually rewatched the reveal and at no point did they mention anything like that. Have I missed something? I know some sites say it's an exclusive but others don't, so I'm kinda confused.

Yeah it is most likely founded by Microsoft as well. Also they showed it in their Microsoft games section of the show so yes it will be 100% an exclusive.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By abendlaender

So this is like the TV series "Touch" ?

That actually makes sense. At least the trailer seemed to indicate something like that.

I'm excited but also a bit disappointed cause I had high hopes for a Remedy game were Sam Lake and Ilkka Villi (?) team up to save (or possibly destroy) the world. Not Max Payne and Alan Wake but the two actors.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

It'll be exclusive...until it doesn't sell for shit...and then they release it on PC...and it'll be superior all around yet again.

Alan Wake already set that precedent. I'm ready for it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: And then the game will have funny QR codes all over it like Alan Wake did!
    One of them saying: "Huh. Turns out this isn't too bad even if you're not sitting on a couch when you play it. Who knew!" .. referencing that time when both Remedy and Microsoft said that the best way to experience the game was sitting on a couch.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sincerely hope it hits PC, I'm all over anything Remedy puts out but the PC version of Alan Wake was a massive step above the Xbox version. The retuning of the control scheme for lower latency and the smooth frame rate made the combat significantly more enjoy able and the over all increased visual levels just pumped up the atmosphere even further.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Developed exclusively for Xbox One, Quantum Break blurs the line between television and gameplay, integrating the two into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience."

http://remedygames.com/

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it has live action cutscenes?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Given the success of Alan Wake on PC, I really really hope they get the go-ahead to put it out there sooner rather than later.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in two years it will come to PC

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Will probably come to PC if it doesn't put up Halo/Gears numbers. I'll play it there.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@tortoise said:

So it has live action cutscenes?

My sense is that there will be a TV-show which plugs directly into the game. Maby in the middle of the TV episode you get to play some sections and then go right back to watching the show. Kind of like MGS4.

Jokes aside this could be really interesting. You can see a couple snippets of the live-action segments of Quantum Break in this Xbox One video.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SlashDance

If it's not exclusive, Microsoft is the most stupid company in the universe. "Hey we've got 15 exclusives locked in for next year, here's a trailer for not one of them".

It has to be exclusive.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Sam Lake will be holding a Reddit AMA at 11 AM PST.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole TV thing stinks to high heaven, and the fact that it's gonna be an exclusive on the dudebro console that us 'core' gamers are turned off by and half of us won't buy, means we're not gonna support the game either. And rest assured that the Halo Gears COD crowds won't buy a Remedy game.

The first Max Payne games are masterpieces and Alan Wake was genius and I love Remedy, but this game seems like their downfall.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By kmg90

@jouseldelka said:

The whole TV thing stinks to high heaven, and the fact that it's gonna be an exclusive on the dudebro console that us 'core' gamers are turned off by and half of us won't buy, means we're not gonna support the game either. And rest assured that the Halo Gears COD crowds won't buy a Remedy game.

The first Max Payne games are masterpieces and Alan Wake was genius and I love Remedy, but this game seems like their downfall.

At this point I ask is remedy owned by Microsoft? Seems like a bad deal for Remedy, you'd of thought that they would have enough clout from their track record to get a multiplatform deal setup with a 3rd party publisher...

All I know is I'm sad that I won't be to play the next Remedy game as I they are a top notch studio for story telling

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigjeffrey

prob

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By colourful_hippie

It will probably be an exclusive just like Alan Wake was....so in other words, LET'S GO PC!

01aquaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, bumping this thread, I just saw the recent gameplay and it looked awesome!

However, I have only an Xbox 360 and won't be getting a One. My question is: I know it is exclusive for One, but down the line in a year or so, will it be available for 360?

If it won't, is it because of the advanced technology they are using? Because I hate it when it is no other reason than the One/4 to get more sales.

Thanks!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will come to PC, I'm certain of it.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft owns the IP unlike Alan Wake, so chances are slim to none. Im going with none.

So, bumping this thread, I just saw the recent gameplay and it looked awesome!

However, I have only an Xbox 360 and won't be getting a One. My question is: I know it is exclusive for One, but down the line in a year or so, will it be available for 360?

If it won't, is it because of the advanced technology they are using? Because I hate it when it is no other reason than the One/4 to get more sales.

Thanks!

I doubt the 360 could pull this off. It would melt

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@01aquaman: Going by other X1 exclusives, this will be on PC before you know it. Probably with all the ep./dlc to booth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.