Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Radiant Historia

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 03, 2010

An RPG co-developed by Atlus and Headlock, some other staff include artist Hiroshi Konishi who worked on Radiata Stories and Yoko Shimomura on the music. Stocke must travel through time and revisit key events in order to save his homeland of Alistel from invasion and, ultimately, total desertification. An enhanced port with a new, third storyline was released on Nintendo 3DS in June 2017.

Pretty excited

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Catolf

I missed the boat on Radiata Stories and it was supposedly pretty good with a choice at the end that changes everything and weighs heavily on the player. Finding out this is coming out on the DS has me pretty excited, more so that some of the ATLUS staff are joining in in creating it which means no Square Enix this time around.. (so I read) possibly for the better with thier track record lately. Anyone else excited for this game on the horizon?

It's coming with a game plus the soundtrack and having a soundtrack for me means almost automatic buy right there. 

No Caption Provided
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Catolf

I take it this hasn't gotten many fans or people looking forward to it XD

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

I didn't even knew it was going out. Seems awesome though. ^^ 

I'm psyched!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Catolf
    @Jeust:  Awesome! Nice to know some people are looking forward to it. Man I'm going to have a lot of stuff to preorder int he next few months. This, Bulletstorm not to mention Marvel Vs/ Capcom ugh...XD
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust
    @Catolf said:
    " @Jeust:  Awesome! Nice to know some people are looking forward to it. Man I'm going to have a lot of stuff to preorder int he next few months. This, Bulletstorm not to mention Marvel Vs/ Capcom ugh...XD "
    This is probably the only game I will preorder. I didn't want to preorder anything for some time, as I have so many unplayed games, still this seems a great game.  I have to play SMT: Nocturne in the meantime. :p
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ryanwho

Radiata Stories had  fun translation and recruiting was fun. Battle system was kind of nonesense, it just reminded you of what Grandia and Tales games do better. This game looks like it'll probably be solid and fall just as under the radar.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Catolf
    @Jeust:  Yeah I got plenty on my shelf as well, but I'm slowly completing them as I get new ones XD

@endaround: Another game I knew nothing about! I'll have to keep my eyes open on this one too.

@ryanwho: I missed out on the Ps2 game, and now ATLUS is taking over where the Square Enix team left off, I liked the look of the battle system and the idea of time travel, maybe it will make a bigger splash with all the ATLUS bandwagon hoppers lately.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
    @endaround said:
    " Well it just got its E10+ rating. "
    I uploaded box art showing the E10 rating back on November 22. Where have you guys all been? :P
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By endaround
    @LordAndrew: Sure it got a box sticker but it didn't include why: 

Radiant Historia

Platform: Nintendo DS

Share |

Rating: Everyone 10+

Content descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Language, Use of Alcohol

Rating summary:

This is a role-playing game in which players control a special agent who travels across time to complete various quests. From a top-down perspective, players navigate menus and use swords and elemental attacks (e.g., fire, ice, lightning) to engage in turn-based battles against human soldiers and fantastical creatures (e.g., giant insects, goblins, lizard men); enemies lose hit points and disappear when defeated. In some sequences, drunken characters appear in taverns and make reference alcohol in the dialogue (e.g., "All the booze my liver can handle," "<hic> Ah . . . Drinking. The solution to all life's problems. <hic>," "<belch> Oh man . . . I am soooo plastered."). The words "damn," "bastard," and "a*s" appear in dialogue.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew
    @endaround: Radiant Historia is the solution to all life's problems.

<hic>
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catolf
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @endaround: Radiant Historia is the solution to all life's problems.  <hic> "
    XD well put
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By fenixrevolution

Just recently started reading about this game and I have to say I'm pretty excited to play it. glad it's only three weeks away now.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Catolf
    @fenixREVOLUTION said:
    " Just recently started reading about this game and I have to say I'm pretty excited to play it. glad it's only three weeks away now. "
    Yeah, I got mine on preorder right now and if you go to ATLUS.com you can choose what you what the soundtrack CD to look like along with the cardboard (I assume) cover.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By falserelic

Sounds like a pretty fun game.

fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fenixrevolution
    @Catolf I voted for cover B on their site.

I have to pre-order soon.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Catolf
    @fenixREVOLUTION said:
    " @Catolf I voted for cover B on their site. I have to pre-order soon. "
    I did too it looks classy.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Axersia

I voted for cover B as well since cover A is just the game cover. Not that I really care anyway as I already downloaded the album and will just throw it on the stack with all those other bonus soundtracks I never actually did anything with. I've accumulated so many now (like... 10?) I'm starting to forget which ones I own and where I put them.

Anyway, when this was first announced I was extremely excited for it as Radiata Stories is one of my favorite RPGs of all time (probably in my top 5) and I was expecting this to be a spiritual successor to it in the same way Xenosaga was to Xenogears. Unfortunately, that turned out to be not entirely the case. Their gameplay and story seems to be vastly different, but it does have two key Radiata Stories staff members working on, and the soundtrack was done by my favorite composer Yoko Shimomura, so that's enough reason to warrant a pre-order in my book.

fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fenixrevolution
    @Catolf: That's why I voted for it! Hope it wins, but I guess we'll have to wait till the 22nd to know for sure.
    Spwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Spwn

Just preordered! Can't wait for this to arrive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.