Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

What you didn't you like about Rage?

• 57 results
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Pinworm45

Game was completely broken when I tried to play it, unacceptable for a product that actually released.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By musubi

Is everything a valid answer? Cause kinda everything. Nothing is actively awful but nothing is good either its just kinda... there.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By NTM

I think Rage for the most part was great. I think if it had a little bit more to it, it could have been one of my favorite FPS games of all time. I think if the story was better, the missions were a little more creative, and the atmosphere and characters had more emphasis on them, it'd make an all around better game. I just kind of felt like a lot of it was in there, but none of it was really fleshed out from an explanation stand-point, it was just kind of there. Actually, all it really needs is more detail.

All you do is go from one place to the other just to shoot guys, and anything and everything else, like potentially interesting characters, interesting setting, or interesting story, all took a back seat. I really liked the second half where you're in the subway station more than the whole western town theme as well. I guess I just wanted a little bit more out most of the aspects in the game, and if it was a little bit better, it could have been one of my favorite shooters, as I said.

A little more accentuating would go a long way. I really did enjoy the shooting though, the music was OK, good in some areas, and somewhat meh in others. I think the sound effects were good, and the voice acting was great as well, but there was this weird thing about it. The sound overall was screechy, especially the gun shots and music. It made it even worse when turning all the sound bars up in the menu, so I had to keep them down and turn my sound system up, and I hate that.

The graphics were fantastic, but I wouldn’t give them a perfect score. There was some awkward pop-in. It was more noticeable at first, but you’d do a 160 turn and every time, the environment would load in right in front of your eyes; that was a little bit disconcerting. The game also lacked a lot of color for the majority of the game, that’s one of the reasons I loved the Subway Town, with blue neon signs. Overall I really did like the game a lot, but I do say “it could have been more”.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#54  Edited By Svenzon

I really liked the core of the game. Shooting felt great, the gadgets were fun to use, the vehicles handled well and the game ran really nicely after they patched the PC version. What I would have liked was better writing and a better world. It was too dry and serious and the world just wasn't that fun to explore. Give the characters some more personality! The designs were good, as were the animations, so they really need something more interesting to say. Take a cue from Bethesda on how to build an open world game. It doesn't need to be as vast as Skyrim, but fill it with cool stuff for the player to find.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By shiftymagician

Not too long ago I finally played and finished Rage. Very surprised how much I liked the shooting gameplay and enemy behaviours. My only real problem is of course the story or lack of it really. The ending is a bit of a bummer but honestly I loved the atmosphere and the guns enough that I may give it another go once I upgrade my graphics card.

Oh I almost forgot. Getting it to work was a bitch but thankfully it was just a matter of realising it really wanted Catalyst AI on for my ATI card. Changing to Nvidia for my next card but still need to see what's a good Nvidia card for about $500AU or lower (likely a good number), as well as if I will have further problems with Rage and other games.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MegaLombax

I liked it. Wished the guns were more varied. The ending kinda sucked, for me at least. I guess the hype for the game got me expecting too much out of it. I wished the crafting system allowed you to be more spontaneous i.e. mixing up different things to produce who knows what. That would've been cool I thought. All in all, I still found it to be an enjoyable experience.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By cozmicaztaway

The ending obviously sucked, and... well, I wonder what the BFG rounds do, since I never had a reason to use them!

The animations were quite stunning, too bad they didn't sync up with the sound (this might be MY ps3, but definitively had that issue).

The quests were super-fetchy, but shooting guys was a ton of fun for the most part, so I am okay with this.

I would have liked a map when driving around...

And went back and played Mutant Bash TV recently. It wasn't great shooting those guys, mainly because I kept missing with the shotgun. Might be that I suck, but that satisfying crunch the game had just felt very off there. Quite strange.

I did like the driving, felt it was fun and suitably arcadey, although some of the point races felt cheap.

The anarchy edition gave you a "here's the best of all these suits you can choose" suit, which completely ruined that part. Still, I think I liked it more than Alice last year, so it made my Top 5.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Just didn't feel right when I played it. Gave it 2 hours, never grabbed me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.