Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Thursday Night Throwdown 6/03: Red Dead Redemption

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Jethuty said:
    " i think you guys should redo/clean up your friends list a couple of times each month. I mean, half of the guys you have as your friends are not even on. Seems pretty unfair to alot of people who maybe wanted to play with you guys (like myself), but cant because of a full friends list. "
    They clear it every Wednesday you fuckwit.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @AlwaysAngry: Why do you always feel the need to be such a fucking troll?
    Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Robo

The friends list thing should be done differently.
    Maybe the list should be cleared Wednesday afternoons when the news story for TNT goes up.

Doing it randomly and early you end up with a bunch of assholes that send out requests Monday or Tuesday who aren't even playing the game on Thursday. It'd be nice if there were an easy way to block those morons for the next week but unfortunately there isn't.

@AlwaysAngry said:

" @Jethuty said:

" i think you guys should redo/clean up your friends list a couple of times each month. I mean, half of the guys you have as your friends are not even on. Seems pretty unfair to alot of people who maybe wanted to play with you guys (like myself), but cant because of a full friends list. "
    They clear it every Wednesday you fuckwit. "
    That explains why on a Tuesday afternoon Bombcast they stated the 360 list was already full and the PS3 list was getting there.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By TheHT
    @Kombat said:
    " @AlwaysAngry: Why do you always feel the need to be such a fucking troll? "
    iirc them two got into an e-cock contest recently, so it's probably just him carrying over his feelings from that thread into this one.

feeeeeelllings, awwwwwwwww.
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Hourai
    @Jaresk said:
    " I'd join, but I think I'd rather watch it. "  
     Same here. My PC isn't in the same room as my 360, so I would miss out on all of it. 
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Robo said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Jethuty said:
    That explains why on a Tuesday afternoon Bombcast they stated the 360 list was already full and the PS3 list was getting there. "
    They clear it. I thought it was Wednesday, it's not, oh well. The point is, they clear the list weekly.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Venatio

YAY

I'm on the 360 friends list

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@AlwaysAngry said:

" @Jethuty said:

i feel a need to post "u mad", but seriously, why are you following me lol?

@TheHT

said:

" @Kombat said:

iirc them two got into an e-cock contest recently, so it's probably just him carrying over his feelings from that thread into this one.  feeeeeelllings, awwwwwwwww. "

i wouldnt call it an e-cock contest, just me arguing with a dumb kid who never played DOOM. But yeah there was some name calling.

@AlwaysAngry said:

" @Robo said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Jethuty said:
    That explains why on a Tuesday afternoon Bombcast they stated the 360 list was already full and the PS3 list was getting there. "
    They clear it. I thought it was Wednesday, it's not, oh well. The point is, they clear the list weekly. "

could you show me where one of the staff members said that? would be swell with some confirmation.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Already full? Fuck, i thought you were going to clear that friends list out before each throwdown?

Depth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Depth

Hell yes!

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Jethuty said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:

" @Jethuty said:

@TheHT

said:

" @Kombat said:

iirc them two got into an e-cock contest recently, so it's probably just him carrying over his feelings from that thread into this one.  feeeeeelllings, awwwwwwwww. "

i wouldnt call it an e-cock contest, just me arguing with a dumb kid who never played DOOM. But yeah there was some name calling.

@AlwaysAngry said:

" @Robo said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Jethuty said:
    They clear it. I thought it was Wednesday, it's not, oh well. The point is, they clear the list weekly. "
    could you show me where one of the staff members said that? would be swell with some confirmation. "
    1.) I'm not following you... 

2.) No need to bring up that thread here unless you're just trying to start a war for some attention. (By the way, the name calling was only you whilst I was trying to be reasonable.) 

3.) I remember they said it at some point, but I forget exactly when. I have been cleared from the list twice though, so I know they do it at least once a week.
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hourai

Stop this bullshit. 

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#63  Edited By vager

When you need to shoot, shoot don't talk.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jack_daniels
    @Jethuty said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:

" @Jethuty said:

@TheHT

said:

" @Kombat said:

@AlwaysAngry said:

" @Robo said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Jethuty said:
    could you show me where one of the staff members said that? would be swell with some confirmation. "
    Were going to Candy Mountain Charlie! Candy Mountain! YAY! Candy Mountain! Candy Mountain!!!
    SmotPoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SmotPoker
    @DukeTogo said:
    " I call bullshit on this full list nonsense.  If you can fill the list in less than 30 minutes, then you can start accepting people at 3:00 pm on Thursday.  And judging from the past TNTs, quite a few people are playing other games during that time.  The Blur one showed more people playing RDR for instance, making the guys that wanted in on Blur but couldn't get in pretty pissed off - and rightfully so.  It's good to see you planned accordingly and made sure you got a list started early, that's smart, but now it seems that because of the popularity (and list size limitations) that you will have start accepting people right before it starts or start announcing when interested people should by ready to apply.  I propose you wipe the list now, announce that you will be accepting for RDR on Thursday at a specific time, and then make that time the same for every TNT from now on. "
    They were still taking friend invites on the 360 while they were playing Blur. As for the PS3...they had around 4 people online on their friends list and they didn't even join their game, prompting them to switch back to the 360.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By RedSox8933

I actually got in this week!

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Robo
    @AlwaysAngry: 
    Why are you always so ang-

...never mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlwaysAngry said:

" @Jethuty said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:

" @Jethuty said:

@TheHT

said:

" @Kombat said:

@AlwaysAngry

said:

" @Robo said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Jethuty said:
    1.) I'm not following you...  2.) No need to bring up that thread here unless you're just trying to start a war for some attention. (By the way, the name calling was only you whilst I was trying to be reasonable.)  3.) I remember they said it at some point, but I forget exactly when. I have been cleared from the list twice though, so I know they do it at least once a week. "
    God kid, just leave it alright????
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Jethuty: If you're going to ask me a question, expect an answer! I answered your question, and you tell me to just leave like I'm bothering you or something? Bullshit.
    fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#70  Edited By fillmoejoe

Finally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Jethuty: If you're going to ask me a question, expect an answer! I answered your question, and you tell me to just leave like I'm bothering you or something? Bullshit. "
    i asked you for one thing, which you couldnt remember, and then i got a whole boat load of stuff i didnt need. 

so yeah, leave it.
    Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Robo

@DukeTogo said:

" I call bullshit on this full list nonsense.  If you can fill the list in less than 30 minutes, then you can start accepting people at 3:00 pm on Thursday.  And judging from the past TNTs, quite a few people are playing other games during that time.  The Blur one showed more people playing RDR for instance, making the guys that wanted in on Blur but couldn't get in pretty pissed off - and rightfully so.  It's good to see you planned accordingly and made sure you got a list started early, that's smart, but now it seems that because of the popularity (and list size limitations) that you will have start accepting people right before it starts or start announcing when interested people should by ready to apply.  I propose you wipe the list now, announce that you will be accepting for RDR on Thursday at a specific time, and then make that time the same for every TNT from now on. "

I second the general idea behind this proposal. There is one issue with doing it at 3PM on Thursday, though. Some people in other timezones may not be available at that time. For example 3PM PDT is 5 here. Some people would just be getting off work and on the way home. Other Pacific Time folks would be left out in that case too if they didn't have ready access to the internet at that time (or a PS3 handy).

I'd say opening up requests a day in advance would be good enough to weed out some people who just send requests and aren't even playing the damned game come Thursday. It's no solution, of course, but it is a better option. Really, just announcing well in advance a firm time that requests would be starting to open would be enough.

I watched "I love Mondays" around 4 or 5 after work Monday (not a holiday for me), heard you were accepting requests for RDR, hurriedly tried to send one and boom...already full. Willing to bet money that 1/3 of those assholes won't even be on or playing RDR Thursday.

I even tried to send a PSN friend request since I still have a copy of that version that a friend of mine won't pick up til the weekend. No luck there either, despite stating even here that the list hadn't been filed yet.
    DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DukeTogo
    At this point I say fuck TNT.  They never seem to do anything but screw off and have horrible lag anyway.  The SSFIV one was the only one that was decent and not a glorified advertisement.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By gike987
    @Jethuty: Just ignore the kid.
    gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Hey guys how can I get into this? tried adding GBTNT yesterday but the friends list was maxed out. Do they clear it each week?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gike987 said:
    " @Jethuty: Just ignore the kid. "
    yeah i should..... i should.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Phished0ne
    @DukeTogo said:
    " At this point I say fuck TNT.  They never seem to do anything but screw off and have horrible lag anyway.  The SSFIV one was the only one that was decent and not a glorified advertisement. "

What is this...i dont even....

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By OmegaPirate

Gah - damn shame that as An EU player this is the only 'released' game i couldve joined a TNT for- however GBTNT on the ps3 is totally full :( 

If anyone doesnt join or drops out then gimme a shout! xD

bigall94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By bigall94
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " What time EST is this?  "
    7:00 PM.  

Expect to see me on PSN trying my hardest no to TK whoever is playing for GB. Also, I hope they do some free roam shenanigans and not just deathmatches and capture the bag.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @bigall94 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    7:00 PM.   Expect to see me on PSN trying my hardest no to TK whoever is playing for GB. Also, I hope they do some free roam shenanigans and not just deathmatches and capture the bag. "
    If you need the trophy to kill someone who has killed a rockstar guy. Kill me. 
    bigall94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By bigall94
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @bigall94 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    7:00 PM.   Expect to see me on PSN trying my hardest no to TK whoever is playing for GB. Also, I hope they do some free roam shenanigans and not just deathmatches and capture the bag. "
    If you need the trophy to kill someone who has killed a rockstar guy. Kill me.  "
    Thanks. I have it already though. Let's make sure the GB community all have it though!
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#82  Edited By AgentJ

Man, I was hoping for some Backbreaker this week. Next week maybe? I know we aren't all hot for Football...

chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By chogi

ps3 friends list is already full :(

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By yakov456

Yes! This will be a must see TNT, BE THERE!

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#85  Edited By spazmaster666

Too bad I have class Thursday night. Otherwise, I'd definitely be all over this. :(

Suigyoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Suigyoken

Aww man, one of the TNT's that I'd hope to be in. Well hope everyone has a lot of fun.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By drjota

There're two kinds of people in this world.....

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheChaos
    @spazmaster666 said:
    " Too bad I have class Thursday night. Otherwise, I'd definitely be all over this. :( "
    I have to leave for class at exactly 4PM PST on Thursdays :(
    buhssuht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#89  Edited By buhssuht

goddammit, i bought my copy of RDR just so i could join TnT, only to realize the list is full 
    very very sad face :(

SmotPoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SmotPoker
    @DukeTogo said:
    " At this point I say fuck TNT.  They never seem to do anything but screw off and have horrible lag anyway.  The SSFIV one was the only one that was decent and not a glorified advertisement. "
    Yeah, clearly no one here enjoys this feature. The fact that they didn't save a spot on their friends list for you just pisses me off...oh wait...it's just you.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you catch I Love Mondays when it comes out, you should have no problem. RDR was HIGHLY requested for TNT, so I'm not surprised that the list was full within the first hour. I'm sorry if you wanted to get in and it was full, but that's the breaks.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#92  Edited By MeatSim

A game I have so I can actually participate in TNT for once.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @Euey said:
    " Love that movie! "
    Hell yeah I have it on blu-ray and it sucks that this is full for the 360.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FunExplosions

So you guys are gonna invite me on the PS3, right? I promise I'll let you ride my buffalo. 
    *wink*

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Robo
    @President_Barackbar: There are a whole lot of people that do not see I Love Mondays as soon as they go up.  Most of the community probably doesn't.

It'd make more sense to say on I Love Mondays, "Hey, this week we'll be playing Red Dead Redemption for Thursday Night Throwown! Wednesday at 4PM PDT we will clear out the lists and start accepting new requests! So be ready to send your requests at 4PDT Wednesday!"
    Then just make that the routine every week. Still first come first serve, but at least more of the community will have a shot.

24 hours is more than enough time to fill the friend lists. Especially when people are ready and waiting to send out invites.

As it is now, by the time most people even see ILM, the damned friends list is full. It's shitty and could be done better. That's all.
    solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By solidlife

Now that is a whole lot of man.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ravenousrattler

looking forward to it, I'll see you guys on the 360 tomorrow

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Robo: Its not that big a deal, this is the only TNT that has even come close to maxing out the list. Don't get too excited.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TwoOneFive

BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!! 

so glad you guys posted that!!!

Lonely_Ogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Lonely_Ogre

Dang, the one night I'm working, is the one night they play a game i have :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.