Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Red Faction Guerrilla is so underrated.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

Only in Red Faction Guerrilla.
    When you think of online shooters, the first thing that would most likely come to your head would be games like Call of Duty or Halo. But for me, that's not what I think. And this isn't because I hate any of those franchises, it's because I think that this one game, maybe you've heard of it or maybe your read it on the blog title, Red Faction Guerrilla, is better than Halo or COD. Why? It's fun. I have had more fun playing Red Faction online that I have had with COD or Halo or any multiplayer game for that matter. 

It's an easy game to pick up and play. The controls are pretty easy to get used to, much like other games. But I think where Red Faction stands out is the weapons and the amazingly satisfying environmental destruction. Tell me, where else can you kill someone by destroying a building above them? Or getting a jet pack that'll plow through your enemies, causing them to shoot several feet in the air? Red Faction Guerrilla is so fucking crazy and awesome and that's why I love it so. And because of it's craziness, it's still fun even if you lose, because you're witnessing all of this crazy shit happening at the same time. Isn't that what all online shooters are supposed to feel like? And hey, people are still playing it! Or, at least, the PS3 version. You can get it for pretty cheap now, and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a multiplayer game to play.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

When you think of online shooters, the first thing that would most likely come to your head would be games like Call of Duty or Halo. But for me, that's not what I think. And this isn't because I hate any of those franchises, it's because I think that this one game, maybe you've heard of it or maybe your read it on the blog title, Red Faction Guerrilla, is better than Halo or COD. Why? It's fun. I have had more fun playing Red Faction online that I have had with COD or Halo or any multiplayer game for that matter. 

It's an easy game to pick up and play. The controls are pretty easy to get used to, much like other games. But I think where Red Faction stands out is the weapons and the amazingly satisfying environmental destruction. Tell me, where else can you kill someone by destroying a building above them? Or getting a jet pack that'll plow through your enemies, causing them to shoot several feet in the air? Red Faction Guerrilla is so fucking crazy and awesome and that's why I love it so. And because of it's craziness, it's still fun even if you lose, because you're witnessing all of this crazy shit happening at the same time. Isn't that what all online shooters are supposed to feel like? And hey, people are still playing it! Or, at least, the PS3 version. You can get it for pretty cheap now, and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a multiplayer game to play.
    DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By DevWil

i assumed nobody was playing it online anymore once i got around to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Red Faction Guerilla is a good game, but definitely not better than CoD or Halo.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

Space Asshole!
    MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MistaSparkle

Red Faction as a franchise is completely underrated.  

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " Red Faction Guerilla is a good game, but definitely not better than CoD or Halo. "
    I haven't played a Halo game in a while, but in my opinion, I think it is better.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

I wonder if it's too soon to call this a cult classic?

@Fallen189:
    Space Asshole was awesome.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Cwaff

Only picked this up recently and it's so awesome and cannot believe I missed out on it until now!

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaneDev

The multiplayer is great I spent quite a lot of time there cant remember what level I got to though. When Bungie announced Armour abilities for Reach all I could think was that they ripped them off from Guerrilla which is fine since Guerrilla basically ripped the matchmaking straight from Halo. 

Overall Guerrilla is underrated its a very good game, that is a technical marvel for running on consoles.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By dbz1995

I assume you'll want to know that the game is £8 (GAME used) or $16.39 (Overstock new) on PS3, and $18.50 (eStarland) or £6.54 (amazon.co.uk used).

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @ShaneDev said:
    " Overall Guerrilla is underrated its a very good game, that is a technical marvel for running on consoles. "
    I completely agree.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

Maybe I didn't play it enough, but I got incredibly bored, because it seemed all I was doing was driving long distances and blowing things up.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @CL60: There's no driving in the multiplayer....the singleplayer though does get boring.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " @CL60: There's no driving in the multiplayer....the singleplayer though does get boring. "
    Yes, I was talking about the SP, I never played the MP.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By EVO

People still play this on PS3?! I was hooked on it for awhile but it became increasingly harder to find games, most of which were laggy.

Multiplayer aside, Guerrilla is definitely underrated and is one of the most fun games I've played this gen.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

MP was alright, it's fun but it still felt like a gimmick and not many people actually did something with the destroyable stuff, mostly using power weapons or running around with the sledgehammer hitting each other.
    Which, to me, sounds a lot like Halo anyway :P

SP was fun, but so tedious!

danpat177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danpat177

AGREEED 

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By jim_dandy

INSTA-INTRA-POLL: What would rather have:

Alec Mason's jacket?

or

Alec Mason's hammer?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pie

Twas fun, really looking forward to a more fleshed out and better multiplayer from the sequel 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By eroticfishcake

Huh. I've had it for a while but I've never been able to find a game whenever I try. Must be a European thing but I might try again later this week provided that I'm not er...playing Civ 5 that is.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By RobotHamster

Agreeeeeed, its a really fun game and I can't wait for Armageddon. And as for cod and ga... I mean halo, I don't like eithers online so by default it is way more fun (and it is).

@jim_dandy:
    Hammer!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.