Anyone noticed this!?

#1 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
this pretty much confirms that when Wesker said "we last met at the spencer estate, wasn't it?" he was actually talking to Jill!!!!! also, when he says "now that your partner has arrived, I'll leave you two to catch up" look at Chris face, c'mon,
it's pretty obvious that Wesker is talking about Jill when he says "your partner". thoughts?
#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I fucking hope so. Like I mentioned in the other thread, having CVX as non-canon is just stupid.

#3 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I don't know, I still think it's possible he is talking about Sheva.

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Good catch sandwich

#5 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"I don't know, I still think it's possible he is talking about Sheva."
are you talking about the partners thing? if so, I think he may talk about sheva, but my gut says it's Jill, I just know it. :q
OmegaPirate said:
"Good catch sandwich"
thanks :D
#6 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I say it's even more likely now that Capcom says that Jill is dead.

#7 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
PureRok said:
"I say it's even more likely now that Capcom says that Jill is dead."
Jill is not dead, now that I think of it, she could be working undercover as the birdwoman.
#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I would say that I still love looking at your posts simply because of your avatar. And that this information is just an addition.

#9 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"I would say that I still love looking at your posts simply because of your avatar. And that this information is just an addition."
uh.. thanks, I guess. lol
#10 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -

Schweet

Nice one sandwich.
Hopefully tis is more evidence for the "Jills Not Dead" case.

Now all we have to do is figure out where the hell Berry went and i can die a happy man.

#11 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
clubsandwich said:
"brukaoru said:
"I don't know, I still think it's possible he is talking about Sheva."
are you talking about the partners thing? if so, I think he may talk about sheva, but my gut says it's Jill, I just know it. :q
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Prime20 said:
"Now all we have to do is figure out where the hell Berry went and i can die a happy man."
He went out on a quest for Jill sandwiches, of course!
#12 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Jill's dead.  If not, then fuck RE5.  KILL JILL!!!

#13 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -

I'm actually more happy that this makes Code Veronica cannon, which is for me the best Resident Evil of them all.

And, you know, I wouldn't really mind if Jill died, as long as they give her a memorable and great death I think it would be good. If this is indeed the last in the series as they say I think we need a few deaths to make the whole episode more epic, sad and grand.

#14 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Jill's dead.  If not, then fuck RE5.  KILL JILL!!!"
what!? no, kill leon or someone else, Jill along Chris are the best playable characters in RE.
#15 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

No! Don't kill Jill or Leon! >_<

#16 Edited by zitosilva (1838 posts) -

You know what I just remembered? I don't remember his name, but that boy that is on Code Veronica *spoilers* the one that becomes a monster but then returns to normal and apparently dies, but the we learn that he's not dead in the end. Do you think there's any chance he might show up again? I'm guessing that 5 will do something in the ways of MGS4, bringing back all the old characters again for at least an appearence or two. I'd like to see him again, see what the hell happened to him. He was infected with the original virus, if I'm not mistaken.

#17 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Jill's dead.  If not, then fuck RE5.  KILL JILL!!!"
I say Kill Clair.

If somebody has to die she needs to.
Sure RE2 and RECV were great games but in comparison which would you rather have in the game.
An Ex cop that survived Spenser Manson, Killed the Tyrant, then survived Raccoon City and Killed the Nemesis?
Or the college kid that haphazardly wondered and barely survived Raccoon City and needed her brother to bail her out of Antarctica?

Plus it would make sense story wise, Clair's death finally pushes Chris over the edge and he hunts down Wesker for a final one on one, maybe even goes as far as infecting himself so that way he has a chance to beat Wesker at his own game. Then he has to stay away from his friends and allies for fear of turning them and the rest of the world into mutated freaks.
 Or something like that, iam just taking shots in the dark.
#18 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
zitosilva said:
"I'm actually more happy that this makes Code Veronica cannon, which is for me the best Resident Evil of them all.

And, you know, I wouldn't really mind if Jill died, as long as they give her a memorable and great death I think it would be good. If this is indeed the last in the series as they say I think we need a few deaths to make the whole episode more epic, sad and grand."
It's not the last RE, but it is the beginning of the end.
#19 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -
clubsandwich said:
"zitosilva said:
"I'm actually more happy that this makes Code Veronica cannon, which is for me the best Resident Evil of them all.

And, you know, I wouldn't really mind if Jill died, as long as they give her a memorable and great death I think it would be good. If this is indeed the last in the series as they say I think we need a few deaths to make the whole episode more epic, sad and grand."
It's not the last RE, but it is the beginning of the end."
Oh? I really thought this one was going to close up everything. Then forget all the epic part I said.
#20 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
zitosilva said:
"clubsandwich said:
"zitosilva said:
"I'm actually more happy that this makes Code Veronica cannon, which is for me the best Resident Evil of them all.

And, you know, I wouldn't really mind if Jill died, as long as they give her a memorable and great death I think it would be good. If this is indeed the last in the series as they say I think we need a few deaths to make the whole episode more epic, sad and grand."
It's not the last RE, but it is the beginning of the end."
Oh? I really thought this one was going to close up everything. Then forget all the epic part I said."
Yeah I thought this would be the last RE too but it isn't. :)
#21 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I think that he is talking about Sheva, and i think that was confirmed that Jill isn't in the game.

#22 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
RedSox8933 said:
"I think that he is talking about Sheva, and i think that was confirmed that Jill isn't in the game."
Any RE fan can tell that Jill is in the game only by the pic that I posted and by watching one of the TGS videos where Wesker says "We last met at the Spencer estate, wasn't it?", he's obviously not talking with Chris because they last met in the Antartica in RE: CV, he's totally talking with Jill.
#23 Posted by EnterpriseE (69 posts) -

Yeah I that is just more proof that Jill is alive and she will play a much bigger role in the game that what Capcom is leading on to be. Me hope she is unlockable so in Merc. Mode. PLEASE!!!

#24 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

Would be cool if Jill was still alive, but he was probably just talking to Sheva there unfortunately.

#25 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -
zitosilva said:
"You know what I just remembered? I don't remember his name, but that boy that is on Code Veronica *spoilers* the one that becomes a monster but then returns to normal and apparently dies, but the we learn that he's not dead in the end. Do you think there's any chance he might show up again? I'm guessing that 5 will do something in the ways of MGS4, bringing back all the old characters again for at least an appearence or two. I'd like to see him again, see what the hell happened to him. He was infected with the original virus, if I'm not mistaken."
Good point -but he could die and very few people would care
He was a douche
#26 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

I think Jill is in the game on the evidence of the first ever trailer, the extended one. The girl in the dark could also be Claire with a hair change though :?


 I think he is talking about Sheva in your second point, in ties in perfectly with what's happening in the trailer.

#27 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:

 I think he is talking about Sheva in your second point, in ties in perfectly with what's happening in the trailer.
"
That's what Capcom wants to make you think, it is edited in that way so people think that it is being talked about Sheva, but it really isn't just watch the trailer again and you'll see.
#28 Posted by John (828 posts) -

I'm sorry, but Jill is ...... tan tan tan.... dead.

#29 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Yeah I definitely think when he says "now your partner has arrived" he's talking about Jill.

It's a double meaning because he could be talking about Sheva or Jill... but they geared that part of the trailer to MAKE you think it's Sheva. I'm not convinced.

I'm certain Jill will play a big part in this game.

They'll put out a trailer in February confirming it methinks.

#30 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
clubsandwich said:
"
Linkyshinks said:

 I think he is talking about Sheva in your second point, in ties in perfectly with what's happening in the trailer.
"
That's what Capcom wants to make you think, it is edited in that way so people think that it is being talked about Sheva, but it really isn't just watch the trailer again and you'll see.
"
Capcom's made trailers like that before, for sure. Matching quotes with different scenes to make it seem like something else was happening. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jill being talked about, but I still think it may be Sheva being talked about. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out!
#31 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

Did anyone think that when Wesker says "We last met at the spencer estate.", he's talking to Spencer? The guy has been confirmed to be in the game.

#32 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

it is unlikely though it 'd certainly make the game even more bad ass

#33 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
AuthenticM said:
"Did anyone think that when Wesker says "We last met at the spencer estate.", he's talking to Spencer? The guy has been confirmed to be in the game."
It's possible but I actually think he's directly talking to Chris there.

Ahh Resident Evil - only you can invoke story discussion this deep from your trailers!
#34 Posted by AuthenticM (3698 posts) -

Actually, I take back what I said. If he was really talking to Spencer, he wouldn't have said "We last met at the Spencer estate" but rather "We last met at your estate" or something of the like. So, yes, he's probably talking to Jill. Kudos to OP.

#35 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
daniel_beck_90 said:
"it is unlikely though it 'd certainly make the game even more bad ass"
how is it unlikely?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.