Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Panic is starting to set in.

• 143 results
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

EDIT: Yes I know, panic is a bad word but oh well! Cant change thread titles!

There have been a few good reviews out fro RE6 and whether you take them to heart or not is up to you. I believe the 3 are

Play 88

OPM 90

Famitsu 39/40

However, I just checked the gamespot mobile site and found this

No Caption Provided

That ladies and gentlemen is a real nasty score. I can understand some people with different tastes and of course not everyone will like it but this is troublesome if this really is the score (of course I would like to read the review to get more depth but still). I will be getting the game and I will enjoy it for what it is but my expectations have been set lower than previously.

I guess we shall see soon, I am hoping for the best but I am a bit shaken...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

Some games are just polarizing. Some people will HATE it while others will love it. Don sweat it if you're into the game then have fun with it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

@Demoskinos said:

Some games are just polarizing. Some people will HATE it while others will love it. Don sweat it if you're into the game then have fun with it.

I enjoyed the demo, Im a crazy RE fan, I will have enough fun with the game.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ExplodeMode

Play and Famitsu are totally not trustable. Early reviews in general are skewed. Just from what I played from the demo, the game was pretty bad and I would bet on it reviewing pretty badly. BUT - If you liked the demo, and you love RE what do you have to worry about? They aren't you.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EXTomar

Ultimately, a review score is someone's opinion which doesn't mean anything if you will like or dislike something. If RE6 turns out to be a fun game then it is difference of opinion where you should praise Capcom. If RE6 is dubious then it is not your fault where you should take it out on Capcom. You don't need to like or dislike what "everyone" likes or dislikes.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stryker1121

If accurate that IS rather shocking for a AAA game. Can't tell u the last time I've seen a score that low for a big-selling series. My worries for the game is that it's trying to be everything to everyone and will collapse under the strain. Hope I'm wrong.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By raviolisumo

Famitsu is not trust worthy.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Sooty

That score doesn't surprise me at all, the demo was shambles and I'm still shocked RE5 was scored highly.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Wemibelle

@Sackmanjones said:

If you liked the demo, odds are you will enjoy the game. Don't worry about what everyone else says.

I personally hated the demo and no amount of RE love I have (which is enormous) will get me to play this for $60. I will wait.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Hunter5024

I've always felt like Gamespot tended to score a little lower than average, but still that's a really harsh score, let's hope the review clears things up.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cannonballbam

@Sackmanjones said:

@Demoskinos said:

I think both of your opinions are valid and just play the game YOU want to play.

I can't tell you how many games I enjoy that most people dislike. Support the developer and product you enjoy and keep the hype alive.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By neoepoch

ESRB: D? Dafaq?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By awesomeusername

I'd much rather watch someone play it on YouTube. The story seems like it'll be great but the game plays like shit. I can't play a game with bad controls like that for more then 20 hours. I'll just end up being bored to death.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By viking_funeral

@Wes899 said:

Remember when they were one of the most critical sources of video game reviews around? Ahhhh, times change...

TheShoebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheShoebox

I personally thought it was a horrible demo, so it doesn't look bright for the full game for me.

But as the others have said, you have your own right to form your own opinion about it, so go ahead and have fun with it!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By DarthOrange

GameSpot is filled with a bunch of fucking chuckle heads, I wouldn't take anything they say with less then half a pound of salt. Also opinions.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By spankingaddict

@Sackmanjones said:

Me too . Let's just have fun with this and let all the experts say what they will .

I do understand that it won't be amazing , but I surprisingly really enjoyed the demo . It took some time to accept that Resident Evil is going this direction , but now I think it's all good . I think it'll be solid .

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spankingaddict

@awesomeusername said:

I'd much rather watch someone play it on YouTube. The story seems like it'll be great but the game plays like shit. I can't play a game with bad controls like that for more then 20 hours. I'll just end up being bored to death.

Haven't you played any other RE game ? That's always what will make Resident Evil awesome and bad at the same time . The controls have always been kinda crappy , but somehow everything else is so engaging . It's weird but wonderful :D I always expect bad controls because , in a way , I want that :P

Lol , this is really hard to explain . It's nostalgic . Re2 was the first game I've ever completed

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikkaQ

@Viking_Funeral said:

@Wes899 said:

Remember when they were one of the most critical sources of video game reviews around? Ahhhh, times change...

Yeah it's funny to look at their list of 39s and 40s and just see how they used to be awarded like once or twice a year, if that, then suddenly there's like 4-5 39s and a couple 40s every year.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Milkman

Famitsu is a joke and RE 6 looks horrendous. And this is from someone who loved RE 5.

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Willtron

@DarthOrange said:

GameSpot is filled with a bunch of fucking chuckle heads, I wouldn't take anything they say with less then half a pound of salt. Also opinions.

Oh, the irony.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As if any of these reviews should be cause for panic, good or bad. 

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vikingdeath1

The only thing I didn't like about the demo was the camera.... Jesus Christ did that thing give me trouble

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By zyn

@Wes899 said:

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jimmyfenix

to be honest re6 might be bad but it does not deserve a 4.5 i hope its a mistake cause the ps3 version got a 0!!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jimmyfenix

i tweeted kevin and he didnt know the score was on gamespot

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#27  Edited By MightyDuck

I love the RE series as a whole, but I didn't really enjoy the RE6 demo. I just wish they would go back to the ways of the original trilogy. I loved the sense of suspense that would come about with each room you entered. Call me crazy, but I also enjoyed hunting for each new item to get into new areas, etc. RE has just changed too much for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game will be a decent shooter, but I don't plan on picking it up.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

I mean, you saw this thread, right? Outlook not looking good.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#29  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm surprised your expectations for Resident Evil 6 weren't lowered sooner, considering that all of the pre-release venom surrounding it has ensured that I will not be buying it until it's dirt cheap. But seriously. Opinions. You should wait for the game to come out and form your own.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jimmyfenix

The score has been removed

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Gantrathor

I rather enjoyed the demo. I didn't think it was amazing or anything, but I enjoyed it. The aura of negativity surrounding this game is kind of putting me off though. I feel like I'm going to be burned at the stake for even considering buying this game, let alone enjoying it. Is it really that bad of a game? Am I missing something?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sackmanjones

@Gantrathor said:

I rather enjoyed the demo. I didn't think it was amazing or anything, but I enjoyed it. The aura of negativity surrounding this game is kind of putting me off though. I feel like I'm going to be burned at the stake for even considering buying this game, let alone enjoying it. Is it really that bad of a game? Am I missing something?

Im buying it still, we can be burned together

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33  Edited By Phatmac

I fucking hated the RE6 demo so I'm not surprised that it scored low. It controls like shit and it attempts to be a military third person shooter with Chris's campaign and it fails for me. Leon's campaign was tolerable, but good god I disliked the demo. Hope it's better.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By TheHBK

Admit it, we all knew this game was fucked as soon as we heard about it. Considering they thought the changes in gameplay with RE5 were enough, this was gonna turn out crappy.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35  Edited By Phatmac

Kevin tweeted that he has not even finished the review yet so this is probably a bug/accident.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By BrittonPeele

@Phatmac said:

Kevin tweeted that he has not even finished the review yet so this is probably a bug/accident.

It definitely is. GameSpot does not attach scores to games until after the review is written. If the review is not written there is no score, even in Kevin's head.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By awesomeusername

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

Haven't you played any other RE game ? That's always what will make Resident Evil awesome and bad at the same time . The controls have always been kinda crappy , but somehow everything else is so engaging . It's weird but wonderful :D I always expect bad controls because , in a way , I want that :P

Lol , this is really hard to explain . It's nostalgic . Re2 was the first game I've ever completed

RE2 played like balls but that has an excuse. It's old. I don't remember how RE5 handles so I can't comment on that game. I don't want a game with bad controls you weirdo!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SlightConfuse
    Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

RE5 was pretty polarizing and I can definitely see this game being the same way.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Roger778

That information can't be accurate. I just went onto Gamespot and did not see a review for Resident Evil 6 on their reviews section.

Stay calm, and try not to worry, until we get an official review.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sackmanjones

@Roger778 said:

That information can't be accurate. I just went onto Gamespot and did not see a review for Resident Evil 6 on their reviews section.

Stay calm, and try not to worry, until we get an official review.

It was on their mobile site and has since been removed. Like I said, I am going to get the game no matter the scores, its just rough to see a (possible) score that low on one of my favorite franchises.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spankingaddict

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

RE2 played like balls but that has an excuse. It's old. I don't remember how RE5 handles so I can't comment on that game. I don't want a game with bad controls you weirdo!

LOL !

RE5 controls worse than RE6 . Resident Evil always has bad controls compared to other current games when they release , is what I'm saying . And they always get away with it which is FINE .

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By OllyOxenFree

PANIC IN THE DISCO!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WMWA

For what it's worth, Game journo's on Twitter have been hinting at how bad the game they're reviewing is without saying what it is for the past week or so. And then saying "wow, famitsu." Today. So...yeah, I'd expect the worse in review scores from: Gamespot, Polygon and IGN, specifically

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sackmanjones

@wmaustin55 said:

For what it's worth, Game journo's on Twitter have been hinting at how bad the game they're reviewing is without saying what it is for the past week or so. And then saying "wow, famitsu." Today. So...yeah, I'd expect the worse in review scores from: Gamespot, Polygon and IGN, specifically

Where did ya find these???

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WMWA
    @Sackmanjones on my phone so I can't grab the specific tweets easily. Kevin Van Ord, Arthur Gies and Phil Kollar from Polygon, and Mitchy D from IGN. Will edit when I get back home with some links. Van Ord's tweets are in that other thread, though
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By falserelic

I wasn't feeling the demo so I'm going to pass. Instead I will put my money on PSN and order dishonored. I find that game alot more interesting then RE6. But for people that's purchasing RE6 I hope you get your money's worth, and enjoy the adrenaline pumping, cracked out, over the edge action that the game has to offer.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By AngelN7

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

@spankingaddict said:

@awesomeusername said:

LOL !

RE5 controls worse than RE6 . Resident Evil always has bad controls compared to other current games when they release , is what I'm saying . And they always get away with it which is FINE .

Oh dude come on!... you're CRAZY! RE5 was totally fine the camera is definitely better than it is in RE6, and the controls cannot even compare because you couldn't run and shoot like you can now that's were they screw it up should have stayed like it was in 4/5.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Assassin's Creed got a polarizing reaction as well. Some people loved what it did, others were wrong.

I'm not saying RE6 is anywhere near the quality that the first Assassin's was, but all hope is not quite lost yet.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lapsariangiraff

I love Resident Evil 4, vowed not to play RE5 for a LONG time. Got hyped about this, then saw the gameplay. Quickly started playing RE5. So yeah. The moral of the story: It can always get worse when Capcom is involved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.