Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

RE 6 is the Transformers 3 of videogames (minor spoilers)

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

I initially had no intention of playing RE6, but after the reception was so divisive, my curiosity got the better of me. So I spent most of the day playing through all of Jake's campaign with a buddy. And I have to say I was shocked at how much it felt like a Michael Bay movie. Just relentless, wall to wall crazy shit all the time. Some of it was, at least concept-wise, very cool (escaping from the facility from Jake and Sherry's different points of view). Some of it was, in my opinion, ill-conceived (so many cheap one hit deaths). And some of it just left me scratching my head ( Who exactly was throwing cars at us on the highway?). But the thing that struck me the most was just how it never, ever let up. there were no quiet moments or moments of eerie tension, just BOOM! POW! SHAZAAMM!!!! all the fuckin' time.

Now this isn't a criticism per se. Even though I don't enjoy the Michael bay style of super explosion based storytelling, I know a lot of people do and that's cool. And I'm sure Leon's campaign is probably much more methodical. But the thing that stuck out the most was how little fun I had during much of my time with the game. From running around in the snow and not really being able to see anything, to not so great stealth sequences, to running down hallways, to having to fight that chainsaw guy...again, after a while I just kind of wanted to it all to be over. So I while I would never attempt to offer any sort of definitive review or impression of a game I've only played 25% of, I will say that RE6 left me not really ever wanting to play it again. But I can totally see why other people might want to. It's got some very cool ideas. And if you like crazy shit, they got you...

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impartialgecko

So RE5 had racist stereotypes and robot heaven?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ruiner

...didn't it?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

At least Transformers 3 had that cool looking Decepticon bird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.