Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

What would you have liked to see this game be?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

Some of you are disappointed with what this game has become (though a small pocket of us Giant Bombers thinks it looks good). What would you have liked to have seen this game be instead of what it is. If you were the King of Capcom, what would you have made the setting and plot be?

I personally like how RE6 is shaping up to be. Since the very first game this has always been the end goal hasn't it? The virus finally getting out and being used as a weapon in war (Bio Organic Weapons). This is what makes the Chris campaign interesting. You are on the front line of the shit you were not able to contain all those years ago in raccoon city. This has always been a goofy series, the first game had a zombie plant and a zombie snake inside a zombie mansion. Having a soldier gush over Chris in the demo seemed in line with the series. The Jake campaign also looks awesome as it is probably the closest we are going to get to Resident Evil The Official Movie Game. If I was king of capcom I would have made Wesker have a daughter (instead of a son) named Alice and have her look like Milla Jovovich just for shits and giggles. The Leon campaign is actually the one I am least excited for. What is the hook for his campaign? What makes it interesting? Chris is a soldier on the front lines as the shit hits the fan and Jake is a superhero, what use does Leon have? I would have replaced the Leon campaign with a Barry one and have him and Jill be partners going through the city and getting into all sorts of sandwich themed shenanigans.

So what would you have liked to have seen Resident Evil 6 be? What setting, characters, and plot would you have chosen? Would it be single player or co-op? A single campaign or multiple?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

Good.

In all seriousness though, I probably would be interested no matter what if you were by yourself and it focused on tense atmosphere.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarthOrange

@Cloudenvy said:

Good.

In all seriousness though, I probably would be interested no matter what it was as long as it was singleplayer and focused on tense atmosphere.

But how do you do that after RE5? Where could the story have even gone?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

@DarthOrange said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Good.

In all seriousness though, I probably would be interested no matter what it was as long as it was singleplayer and focused on tense atmosphere.

But how do you do that after RE5? Where could the story have even gone?

Scrap it. Reboot the whole thing.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

It would be cool if this was the end for all the current characters. Have Jill and Chris co-op but make the characters split up into different parts of the level working towards a common goal, meeting up to exchange items and puzzle pieces. Then have them back together for the more action-y sequences and bosses. I have no idea how this would work but it would be a good way to keep the people that want action happy and make the player more vulnerable because they would be on their own for most of their exploration.

Have it set in a big house with a lab underneath it. You fight Paul W.S Anderson at the end.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

@GunstarRed said:

Have it set in a big house with a lab underneath it. You fight Paul W.S Anderson at the end.

Sold!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I don't play that game. That's a game that will permanently leave you unhappy about everything. Next to expectation management, this is why everyone is angry all of the time; they're not judging the game that's actually there, they're judging it against some fictional super game that appeals directly to them. Greg Kasavin reviewed Parasite Eve negatively because it wasn't Baldur's Gate. That Forbes review criticized Borderlands for not having competitive multi.

What would I do with a horror game, though? I'd mix survival horror with roguelikes. I'd return to fixed and predetermined camera for its cinematic qualities, rather than floating, first person or over-the-shoulder. Weapons and ammo would be relatively plentiful, but you can only carry what you can hold in your hands, maybe later you'd get a small bag to keep a backup in, or whathaveyou. It's not a matter of conserving ammo or weapons, it's a matter of finding more after yours is used up. I'd spent a lot of time on monster design, the only thing that makes a horror game horrifying is dealing with something you've never seen before (Fatal Frame 2 is horrifying until you see the same ghost twice). To that end, I would have a wide array of different monsters, and create a kind of randomly generated field of monster abilities, animations and functions. I would also have the levels somewhat randomly generated, somewhat like how Spelunky does it, with a few tilesets and basic designs sprinkled in through procedural generated stuff. I would also sprinkle in the narrative and many scripted sequences and scares throughout the levels, but so you would never see them twice in the same playthrough. Death sends you back to the beginning of the floor, and the floor rotates in a new design and spawns new varieties of monster. Every X amount of floors cleared, you'll get more narrative and perhaps a scripted boss encounter.

But that's not what I would do with Resident Evil. With Resident Evil I would have your characters use guns to stop some sort of biological weapon outbreak. Like all Resident Evil games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Single player for starters. Though what I've always envisioned is the idea to keep the whole action-heavy aesthetic, but strictly as an illusion. One such story I've had floating in my head is you're heading into some Spooky Town 101 as apart of a small military team; everybody's all typical gung-ho dudebro FUCKING-A!!! The game begins with some rote third person shooting as you take down some terrorist organisation or what have you. However, after the mission's complete, an ominous fog clouds the team; initially they don't think much of it.

They carry on going through the fog (this is intended to be gameplay), but then your team starts getting taken out one by one and the fog keeps getting thicker and thicker so you find it hard to see what it is that's killing everyone. Your character's also fucking terrified, so when you actually pull up your gun your cursor's floating all over the place because he's too scared to aim efficiently. Your only option is basically to just run, despite all of your character's military experience and the guns he has equipped. I don't really know where it would go from there exactly, but the idea is to give you guns, give your character the confidence, but then pull it all away right under your feet. Which I guess is basically what the first Resident Evil was all about...

In fact I think it'd be brilliant (and hilarious) if you start off with like an assault rifle and a shotgun--plenty of ammo--but the enemies you're facing barely even flinch against any of the gunfire. RE5's Lost in Nightmares done that sorta thing fairly well, and the randomisation of what supplies you could find and when the Guardians Of Insanity shows up added a great sense of unpredictability. But... coop >_> Plus the Wesker Boss battle... which continued to be terrible.

Another scenario I've always enjoyed the idea of is Barry Burton being one of the few remaining people alive in the world. Following this theoretical RE6 ending where all of the main cast dies and B.O.W.'s continue to be roaming the planet, we have Barry Burton hiding out in some cabin in the middle of the woods in Canada (don't ask why Canada... I just can't help but associate Barry with Canada for some reason) on his own. A lot of it would focus on Barry trying to survive in the woods, still with his trademark magnum-revolver but, of course, barely any ammo for it.

More exploration as well and not just following a waypoint everywhere. One thing I always loved about the original Resident Evils is being given these large environments to explore. The Spencer Mansion, the R.P.D. Station, the Raccoon City streets - even though the story progression is strictly linear, the game doesn't give you one clear path to follow upfront.

TL;DR - Survival Horror is what I wanted from a new Resident Evil game. And I'm not saying it would have to revert back to camera angles either (though I certainly wouldn't mind), the RE4 perspective would still work fine for me. I just don't want to have to play as such a powerhouse, and actually sometimes be forced to flee. Killing enemies would be out of necessity, not so you can earn gold to upgrade how effective they are.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

@Yummylee: It seems like the boat sections in Revelations are part of what you want. There's multiple routes to take like the early resident games, although they do all tend to lead to the same lobby or room. There are a handful of moments in the game where you are forced to flee. At one point you have all of your weaponry taken away from you, and you don't always have your partner with you. In some sections staying and fighting will just get you killed as some of the enemies can do a pretty high amount of damage and take a lot of ammo to down. Even after finding a lot of the optional upgrades (which are easily missed due to having to scan each room meticulously) the game still makes you feel pretty fragile and under powered. The first boss fight in that game is pretty terrifying due to a lack of ammo, its relentlessness and damage it can dish out.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

More like RE4, cut-out the co-op, get rid of the action heavy Chris parts, bring back the "survival" portion of the game and not just another shooter, cut out the Jake stuff--do we honestly need ANOTHER new character, I liked Sheva, but c'mon Jake is generic--and make RE a RE game, not another third person shooter. Oh and actually TRY to make it scary again. All the ammo and gun shooting doesn't make it scary at all. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yummylee

@GunstarRed said:

@Yummylee: It seems like the boat sections in Revelations are part of what you want. There's multiple routes to take like the early resident games, although they do all tend to lead to the same lobby or room. There are a handful of moments in the game where you are forced to flee. At one point you have all of your weaponry taken away from you, and you don't always have your partner with you. In some sections staying and fighting will just get you killed as some of the enemies can do a pretty high amount of damage and take a lot of ammo to down. Even after finding a lot of the optional upgrades (which are easily missed due to having to scan each room meticulously) the game still makes you feel pretty fragile and under powered. The first boss fight in that game is pretty terrifying due to a lack of ammo, its relentlessness and damage it can dish out.

Which is exactly why I loathe Revelations being a 3DS exclusive ='(

Though from what I've heard, all of the classic survival horror stuff is strictly for Jill's portions on the boat during the beginning? I guess it's still better than nothing either way.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

@Yummylee: Yeah, the back end (minus a cool part I don't want to spoil in case you ever play it) is all bullets and explosions. With a couple of brief on rails sections.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarthOrange

@Yummylee said:

Another scenario I've always enjoyed the idea of is Barry Burton being one of the few remaining people alive in the world. Following this theoretical RE6 ending where all of the main cast dies and B.O.W.'s continue to be roaming the planet, we have Barry Burton hiding out in some cabin in the middle of the woods in Canada (don't ask why Canada... I just can't help but associate Barry with Canada for some reason) on his own. A lot of it would focus on Barry trying to survive in the woods, still with his trademark magnum-revolver but, of course, barely any ammo for it.

That would be awesome, especially if he was in his Mercenaries 3D alternate costume.

No Caption Provided
    stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By stonyman65

I know a bunch of people like to bitch about the older games and how they controlled, but I want prefer that to the Gears-esque with "zombies" games that they have become.

I personally though the REmake on the Gamecube was fantastic. Now if they could just do that to 2 and 3. I say reboot/reinvent the whole franchise over with more modern gameplay/graphics and such. Make it scary again. If I wanted a third person shooter, I'll just play Uncharted or Gears.

They need to do something awesome, quick. Even guys like me who are old-school RE fanboys are getting tired of the shit they've been doing lately

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Yanngc33

@Bobby_The_Great said:

More like RE4, cut-out the co-op, get rid of the action heavy Chris parts, bring back the "survival" portion of the game and not just another shooter, cut out the Jake stuff--do we honestly need ANOTHER new character, I liked Sheva, but c'mon Jake is generic--and make RE a RE game, not another third person shooter. Oh and actually TRY to make it scary again. All the ammo and gun shooting doesn't make it scary at all.

Agreed. Make it more like the first Dead Space

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#17  Edited By MightyDuck

I feel like I'm in a weird spot when it comes to RE6.

I LOVE the original trilogy, RE1, RE2, and RE3. I never played RE4 really, but bought RE5 a while after it came out and enjoyed it for what it was. However, I just can't seem to get into RE6. I was semi-looking forward to it, but after playing the demo, it just seems like it's not what I used to really enjoy about the series. I understand it'll still be a decent game and have solid production values, but I don't think I'll be picking it up until it's lower in price.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By McGhee

Seems like the way that combat is being treated in The Last of Us would be a good fit for Resident Evil. Take that combat and make the gameplay more like a survival/detective/puzzle game and that would be pretty cool.

But it won't happen and this game will blow. So whatever.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Spitznock

I thought the demo was fine. It seems they're trying as hard as they can not to make it a traditional shooter, but the series is slowly, slowly becoming one. I'd personally like for the series to get back to the more hub-based nature of the older games. Having the entire game based in a mansion or small section of a city gives a better sense of place which I didn't get from RE5 (and I'm guessing will be the case for 6 as well.)

S'just me though. I admit doing this limits how diverse you can make the environments.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Freshbandito

@Spitznock said:

I'd personally like for the series to get back to the more hub-based nature of the older games. Having the entire game based in a mansion or small section of a city gives a better sense of place which I didn't get from RE5 (and I'm guessing will be the case for 6 as well.)

You know, I've defended re5 and my enjoyment of it to the hilt but now that you mention this I realise how disjointed the locations feel and how I didn't get the same feeling of knowing an area and really getting a feel for the setting like I did in the earlier games. I'd really like them to go back to that now, using the setting/location as a character like the mansion/police station. Some heavily focused and tightly designed area that everything happens in would really help the atmosphere that resident evil games have lost.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Wemibelle

I just hate how it plays. The demo really bummed me out. I always enjoy RE stories but I'm really don't want to play the game to get the crazy story bits.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#22  Edited By StarvingGamer

Probably whatever it ends up being.

Since the only people giving their opinions on the Internet about it so far are people who didn't like RE5 to begin with and have only played demo bits, I'm pretty sure the game is going to be fine.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zella

To be free of fucking crazy plagas bullshit, I hated them in RE4 but they were unusual enough for me not to mind to much, then I saw they were all up in 5 so I avoided it and now in 6 I see they are back and even fucking shoot guns at you. I really enjoyed the Leon part of the demo, it felt like a good fusion of the more actiony direction RE(and horror games in general) has been going but still had just traditional zombies and a semi-spooky environment. If the games was all like the Leon part of the demo I would totally buy it but the rest of the demo turned me off of it pretty badly.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yummylee

@StarvingGamer said:

Probably whatever it ends up being. Since the only people giving their opinions on the Internet about it so far are people who didn't like RE5 to begin with and have only played demo bits, I'm pretty sure the game is going to be fine.

...Plenty of people who even enjoyed RE5 think RE6's gameplay is pretty crappy.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Single player and, strangely enough I know, I'd like it to be scary. Not one moment of RE5 was scary and I'd like my horror games to be scary please, Capcom.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NTM

So far, I'm really liking it. The demo that is. I hate restating the same thing over and over, but I will (kind of). I don't dislike the survival horror aspect at all in the series, but I kind of like how this is all out action, and does it well. To me, it's like the characters have gone through the unknown, they've seen zombies many times before, and now, they want it to end, so now it's war. I know that doesn't appeal to everyone, but there's a moment in it when I really felt like things have changed in the world of Resident Evil.

There's a part in the demo when you're Chris; you look up in the sky, and a jet flies overhead, it really made me think of all that has changed, not just within the games, from survival to action, but from the story and its happenings. I'm disappointed people can't find a way to like it, because I do think it's fine quality, and in the end, that's what matters, not if a developer changes something we've liked before. To an extent, it has been gradually moving from horror to action, and to me, it makes sense from an overall story arc in the series. There is, just from the demo, a lot to like I think, and to know that that's not even the finished product makes me excited to see the final.

Right now all I can think of is how I am excited for Resident Evil 6, and I'm trying not to think about those that can't get used to it, because it's disappointing. I of course don't think what was shown in the demo was perfect, and I question if some of the stuff they had put in will remain in the final product even though I hope not, like when you're Leon, as you dual wield, the laser sights aren't very good 'cause they go on and off depending on which pistol you're shooting, it makes the aiming needlessly difficult compared to one pistol. There's other stuff, but I've said enough. I can't wait to play the full game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NTM

@DarthOrange: Although I did enjoy all campaigns in the demo, I agree that Leon's, for me at least, was my least favorite, only to a small extent though, and I agree about where the series has been heading.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Morrow

Gimme RPG elements and I'm sold :D

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Quarters

I really like the way it looks now.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Yummylee Well, the only people I listen to are the GB crew, the people at 8-4, and the cast of Weekend Confirmed, so I guess I have a pretty small sample size. IIRC they all have opinions ranging from RE5 was just "OK" to "it sucked."

Also all of their opinions are based on snippets and demos, tained by the hivemind consensus that Capcom doesn't know WTF it's doing. It would be silly to take their impressions with anything less than a grain of salt. I'm not saying that RE6 will be great, and it definitely won't win over any of the RE5 haters, but a lot of people seem to be passing final judgement based on almost nothing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#31  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online

As someone who enjoyed Resident Evil 5 just fine, I think I'd just like it if they made RE6 a competent shooter, something that I have yet to be convinced of. I like the old games just fine, but I don't think they could make another one of those and expect it to work in a modern context (which is why we need to get that prototype of the original Resident Evil 2 onto the internet, Thrill Kill or Star Fox 2 style). Of course, I'm not entirely sure they can make straight 3rd person shooters either. Catch 22, basically.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@StarvingGamer: Brad and Vinny really liked RE5, and Brad in particular can't stand the way RE6 plays. Yes, people have only had their impressions built from playing a demo (well, in some cases 'two' actually) and there's still the massive amount of gameplay videos CAPCOM have uploaded... but the fact still remains that a lot of people don't enjoy the gameplay. A rather fundamental part of any game I'd say that is almost certainly not ''based on nothing''.

EDIT: Also if you apparently don't pay any heed to forum posts and only listen to the GB crew ect... why the Hell do you even post on forums?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Yummylee Every time I've heard Brad and Vinny talking about liking RE5, they've talked about it as if it was some guilty pleasure, a game they liked despite it being bad.

Regardless, nothing is going to change the fact that these opinions are being based on either A) a demo of an old build of an unfinished game or B) videos of gameplay completely devoid of any personal context. For me to try and distill any of this into a personal stance on the game would result in thrice removed hearsay at best which, to me, would be "almost nothing."
    BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By BrittonPeele

@Yummylee said:

@GunstarRed said:

Which is exactly why I loathe Revelations being a 3DS exclusive ='(

Though from what I've heard, all of the classic survival horror stuff is strictly for Jill's portions on the boat during the beginning? I guess it's still better than nothing either way.

The end and some of the "flashback" sequences are too action-heavy, but more than half the game is on the boat, classic RE style. I like Revelations a lot.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yummylee

@StarvingGamer: No, Brad has talked about how it surprised him that a lot of people began to turn on RE5 as the years went by, but still admitted that he, and Vinny enjoyed RE5 a whole lot. Brad mentions this during the RE6 demo QL.

Furthermore this current demo isn't of an old build, and the game has been finished for a while; it was temporarily available for sale in Poland on 31st of August after all. And in fact the reason CAPCOM even released a second demo is because the first one with the older camera style was so poorly received. I can guarantee you that this current build is a perfectly suitable representation of what the full game is all about, and people have good reason to express their dislike of the gameplay. Even if it is still a slightly older build, it couldn't possibly differ too much from the full game besides the addition of some smoother technical properties, and that's not at all where people are directing their criticisms. It's not like the game's own gameplay design can just be completely changed from how it's represented in the demo.

BUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BUD
    • Reboot.
    • All new writing staff.
    • All new creative director(s).
    • Single player.
    • Raccoon City.
    • Zombies: slow; lumbering. No frogs; no giants; no Ganados.
    • Rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy.
    razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By razkazz

I think the Sherry/Jake section of the demo showed the best story potential but I hate the way it plays. I could do without Leon & Chris campaigns, they're my favorite characters of the series but I'm ready for a story that starts fresh and stands on its own; reintroducing Sherry seems like an inspired choice. Lose the co-op or make a separate campaign just for co-op. For the single player campaign make both characters playable at different sections of the game like Code: Veronica, and make it control just like (or very close to) RE4/5.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gantrathor

I used to be on the RE6 hate train. But after playing the demo, I've changed my mind. I rather enjoyed it. But there are some things they could change that would make me love it, instead of just liking it. First, they could cut out the AI partner in single-player. I don't care if they let you play through the campaign with a friend, but having a brain-dead AI teammate in single-player nearly ruins what is otherwise a very moody, foreboding atmosphere. Better yet, they could just make a separate co-op campaign.

Also, they need to cut the Chris and Jake sections. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Chris and Jake levels for what they were, but I didn't find their sections to be nearly as good as the Leon section, warts and all. I feel that, by including so many playable campaigns in this game, Capcom is holding back the best part of their game, which is the Leon section (IMO). I thought the Leon section was a perfect blend of crazy action sequences, and tense atmosphere that the series is known for. It was just an all around richer experience than the Chris and Jake stuff. Maybe they could cut down the length of the the Chris and Jake sections to a couple of hours each, and make them unlockables for completing the game. I wouldn't mind that. Or they could scrap the separate campaign setup and have you switch between all 3 characters through out the story. That would be perfect.

I would also like to see some light puzzle solving in between the action sequences to change up the pace. Not because the old games had lots of puzzle solving, but because I like puzzles. Maybe they will have that in the full game, but I don't know, because I've only played the demo.

They could also bump up the damage that enemies do to you, and make them more aggressive. But I expect that there will be difficulty settings in the full game, so that's not a big deal. I don't care if the game is scary or not, because I've never found Resident Evil to be scary. Atmospheric, yes. Intense, yes. Scary? No.

Lastly, RE6 should be the end of the Resident Evil story. The story has gotten so convoluted that I find it impossible to understand what's going on half the time. And even though the Chris and Jake sections didn't blow me away, I think that the all out action approach of their campaigns is a good climax for the story. I just feel that the Chris and Jake campaigns will be too chaotic for me to enjoy them in long spurts, which is why I would love it if you were switching between all 3 characters through out the game. Man, that would be so cool.... Anyways! I think RE6 should be the last Resident Evil sequel.

I'm definitely going to buy the game when it comes out. I thought the demo was good, it just wasn't great. And I feel that Capcom missed a huge opportunity to make a truly amazing game by trying to appeal to so many people with the 3 campaign setup. Just feels disjointed.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Yummylee I have yet to hear a single complaint levied against RE6 that wasn't also repeated ad nauseum about RE5 when it came out and I liked RE5 just fine. If you're willing to write something off based on secondhand, incomplete opinions, that's up to you.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@StarvingGamer said:

@Yummylee I have yet to hear a single complaint levied against RE6 that wasn't also repeated ad nauseum about RE5 when it came out and I liked RE5 just fine. If you're willing to write something off based on secondhand, incomplete opinions, that's up to you.

Dude, I loved RE5 and I still do in fact. I would go as far as to say it is one of my favorite games of the generation. I played the RE6 demo and found it very bad. It plays and feels nothing like Re6. I highly suggest playing the demo if you have not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Yummylee

@StarvingGamer said:

Of course you haven't. You only listen to the ''GB crew, the people at 8-4, and the cast of Weekend Confirmed''...

Seriously, I have to question just how much attention you pay to what people actually say =/ The complaints directed towards RE6 are primarily founded on how bad its shooting is. Also ''second hand, incomplete opinions''... what are you even talking about? I have played the demo, I've played both of 'em in fact.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Yummylee Are you suggesting that the shooting wasn't one of the most prevalent complaints about RE5?
    razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By razkazz

@StarvingGamer: You're making the assumption that the same people who complained about RE5 are complaining about RE6. I loved RE5 and never complained about a thing. I have complaints about RE6 because it's a very different game than 4 & 5 and I don't think most of the changes are for the better.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By Sackmanjones

I've played the demo about 4 times now. Everytime I play the more I like it. The shooting feels great now, the movement ( once you grasp controls) can be very fluid and diverse. Nothing like diving back popping a few head shots and then rolling to the right, dodging an attack only to finish off that enemy.

I find it kind of depressing that people are coming out of this thinking that Chris's campaign is going to solely be outside in a huge war torn environment. They've already shown more methodical portions of Chris and I'm willing to bet that only a small portion of the campaign will be that intense.

Being a long time fan I can truly understand why people don't enjoy the change in the series from survival horror to a more actiony horror but I've gone ahead and embraced the new direction. The old resident evil isn't coming back, and if it does I will be most pleasantly surprised. Anyway I'll enjoy my old re with the older games ( bought a GameCube solely for 1 and zero) but I'm willing to love everything about this new direction

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @razkazz No, I'm really not concerned with what joe everyguy has to say about RE5/6, not because their opinions are wrong or invalid, but because I have no context to work with. There are only a handful of gamers on these forums that are prolific enough for me to have formed a general notion about their personalities, but everyone else is an enigma. What I'm talking about are the opinions espoused by the various news/reviews outlets with personalities that I follow, and they have generally been negative/negative or apologetically positive/reluctantly negative.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cloudenvy

@BUD said:

• Reboot.
    • All new writing staff.
    • All new creative director(s).
    • Single player.
    • Raccoon City.
    • Zombies: slow; lumbering. No frogs; no giants; no Ganados.
    • Rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy.

Hell. Yes.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By razkazz

@StarvingGamer: Oh, okay. It came across like you were discrediting everyone's criticisms of the game. Now I see that it was in response to the general media coverage of the game, and that's totally reasonable. I've felt the same way myself many times before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.