Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Yet another RE6 trailer - includes giant snake.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Considering the increasing amount of apathy for RE6, I imagine most don't particularly care. Hell, even I'm not too fussed about this trailer. It's basically more cinematically re-edited footage of stuff they've already been showing, such as the mission in Europe that gets Chris' team killed. Which I'm glad, sort of, since at least they're exhibiting some restraint and aren't going to blow the entire plot via trailers.

There's a pretty neat faraway shot of Tall Oaks that nicely evokes the chaotic state of Raccoon City. In fact overall it's more... ''horror'' orientated than previous trailers, focussing on Leon's side of the story a little moreso than the other two. Also, as I mentioned in the title, there's totally going to be a giant snake! Like Yawn from the very Resident Evil! Definitely a neat little callback. Man, that fucker was terrifying when I first played through Resident Evil. I remember I called him the ''Hi Guy'' so as to make light of the situation to lessen how frightened I was; I was also 6, I feel like I should point that out. Wonder what they'll call this one - Sigh?! GYAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Facing against him in the remake, though? Still totally fucking petrifying even when I was many years older. That and Neptune... God, wasn't the remake awesome? So awesome.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BrockNRolla

The more I've seen of RE6, the less enthused I've become. It's gone from looking B-movie bad, to just plain bad. I'm really disappointed that they've taken the series in this sort of Gears of War direction, but you know what? I wouldn't be surprised if that leads to more sales. It's unfortunate because some of the RE pedigree has been so fantastic.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By falserelic

@Yummylee: The remake of resident evil was fantastic. It was one of the best remakes I've ever played. When the snake came in the remake it was sudden and unexpected. I was like HOLY SHIT! he's behind me. God I wish the remake can come to PSN I would buy it in a instant.

As for this new Re6 trailer I'm not really feeling it. Something about it just puts me off. Then again I wasn't really impress with what I seen of RE6 so far.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By jillsandwich

Fucking Crimson Heads man.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#5  Edited By EpicBenjamin

@Yummylee said:

Facing against him in the remake, though? Still totally fucking petrifying even when I was many years older. That and Neptune... God, wasn't the remake awesome? So awesome.

They should just HD that fucker up and release it as a downloadable on Xbox and PS3, RE 1 is still a fantastic game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

@EpicBenjamin said:

@Yummylee said:

They should just HD that fucker up and release it as a downloadable on Xbox and PS3, RE 1 is still a fantastic game.

Unfortunately that's (most likely) never going to happen. Nintendo got their claws dug in deep and ain't going to let go. You can at least still play 'em (remake and zero) in HD with that dolphin emulator, however.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Yummylee said:

Dang it! Now you have me wanting to play REmake again even though I'm letting someone borrow it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.