Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Revelations: Persona

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 20, 1996

The first in the Persona series, released for the PlayStation in 1996. It was later remade and released on the PSP in 2009.

Persona coming to PSP

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24

I hope no one has covered this yet, but it has been announced that the original PS1 game, entitled Revelations: Persona, will be coming to the PSP as a port called simply, Persona.  New cel-shaded graphics, difficulty options, and new cutscenes make this more of a remake than a port, actually. It is going to be released in Japan on April 29 this year and should come to the U.S. sometime soon.  In typical Atlus fashion, it comes with a soundtrack CD as a preorder bonus.

Source.

This is awesome and I think that this should be a great RPG even after all these years. I got into the Persona series after FES and P4, and I am trying to find older titles such as this. Maybe now, I won't have to search eBay for this game to get it.

What do you think of this? Do you like Persona?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

I was thinking that Persona seemed like a great match for a portable title. Whip out the PSP, play an in-game day turn it off and save it for later.

But can anyone who has played the original tell me how different this game plays compares to Persona 3 and 4? Or will they update gameplay as well?

Stanford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Stanford

Finnally, a good RPG on the PSP

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_
    Stanford said:
    "Finnally, a good RPG on the PSP"
    Because there aren't a dozen or two already, right?

Should be cool. I wish Atlus would get Sony to let them distribute digitally. Oh well. I hope they bring the free soundtracks over here.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By brukaoru

This will be awesome! Curious if they will release other (older) Megami Tensei titles on the PSP.

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By GobiasIndustries

Yay, I'll get to turn my PSP on again.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Jayge said:
    "Stanford said:
    "Finnally, a good RPG on the PSP"
    Because there aren't a dozen or two already, right?

Should be cool. I wish Atlus would get Sony to let them distribute digitally. Oh well. I hope they bring the free soundtracks over here."
    I am sure the soundtracks will go over. Maybe even an art book with it? That would be cool. I will definitely get this when it comes out...hopefully that is sometime soon.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Wow.. I'd been waiting for a couple of more stellar games to be released on the PSP before I bought one, but this might be the game that pushes me to buy one.  Damn, that'd be a blast!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "I am sure the soundtracks will go over. Maybe even an art book with it? That would be cool. I will definitely get this when it comes out...hopefully that is sometime soon."
    Atlus actually delayed a game recently to include the soundtrack with *every* package. It looks like they're really gunning for sales. Hopefully it's a trend.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's already on DS so this makes sense.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Jayge said:
    "RHCPfan24 said:
    "I am sure the soundtracks will go over. Maybe even an art book with it? That would be cool. I will definitely get this when it comes out...hopefully that is sometime soon."
    Atlus actually delayed a game recently to include the soundtrack with *every* package. It looks like they're really gunning for sales. Hopefully it's a trend."
    Agreed. And it is also just an awesome, fan-service move. Atlus is growing on me as one of the likable companies out there, next to Valve. Their press releases laced with humor and their constant bonuses with their games seem to be on a trend, and, yeah, I definitely hope it will continue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.