Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Last Resort Rage

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Tylea002

Any of you who have heard both

1. The Album Version of "Last Resort" by Papa Roach
    2. The Rock Band version of the same song
    Will notice that they are NOT the same. It's a demo version from an earlier EP, many have worked out. I've only ever heard the album version and there were way more than enough inconstancies in the rock band one to make it more than an issue of mixing the vocals. Like, the after chorus 2 part is completely different. They go so far to have the album cover of the song be that of the album version, not one of the earlier EP.

Now, anyone who realised this and googled it after buying (me) would have seen the amount of rage that has been going on about this. Hopefully more people can hear about this before buying the song and save themselves the cash or even more hopefully Harmonix will acknowledge the problem and decide on a solution, whether it be re-release, refund or tell people to deal with it, I'd really like them to explain the situation to the Rock Band loyals.
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Megalon

Didn't they kick the original drummer out or something? This is probably a re-recording so they don't have to pay that dude, or some kind of schenanagins similar to that.

I don't know, personally I don't like either version :)
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

Papa Roach is fucking terrible.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OneEyedNinja7
    Milkman said:
    "Papa Roach is fucking terrible."
    What he said.
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tylea002

I didn't post this thread to bitch about music tastes, I posted it so the Giant Bomb community and those that did like Papa Roach, or at least have an interest in downloading this song, will know its a pretty bad demo recording. There are enough "XXXX Musician sucks" threads on the internet.

Also, that is a good point Megalon, but it wouldn't really be that as they got a track from the brand new album as well.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

Ugh, that is one bad band.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By A Likely Story
    Tylea002 said:
    "Hopefully more people can hear about this before buying the song and save themselves the cash or even more hopefully Harmonix will acknowledge the problem and decide on a solution, whether it be re-release, refund or tell people to deal with it, I'd really like them to explain the situation to the Rock Band loyals."
    Unless Harmonix actually said that it would be the album version of the song, then I don't see a problem.

We didn't get the album version of Dead Kennedy's California Über Alles either, but I'm not complaining. I'm just thankful any version of the song made it into Rock Band.
    OnlyTheSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By OnlyTheSnake

i was super excited when i saw this song hit the store, bought it straight away and started playing it, but i had to stop playing halfway, i was so disgusted with the version. it would be great if harmonix were to reissue a radio edit version, but that's not likely to happen, so i'm just hoping for at least an explanation.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Timma1083
    Hobbies said:
    "Tylea002 said:
    "Hopefully more people can hear about this before buying the song and save themselves the cash or even more hopefully Harmonix will acknowledge the problem and decide on a solution, whether it be re-release, refund or tell people to deal with it, I'd really like them to explain the situation to the Rock Band loyals."
    Unless Harmonix actually said that it would be the album version of the song, then I don't see a problem.

We didn't get the album version of Dead Kennedy's California Über Alles either, but I'm not complaining. I'm just thankful any version of the song made it into Rock Band."
    Wait, we didn't get the album version to Uber Alles? What version did we get? =\
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MetalGearSunny

They had a 100 page thread on this over at Rockband.com

HMXSean has stated that they are looking into this issue.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Timma1083
    Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "They had a 100 page thread on this over at Rockband.comHMXSean has stated that they are looking into this issue."
    if I remember correctly there was actually two threads, one which was 100+ pages which got locked, and then another that gets bumped occasionally.

Honestly I don't think we'll ever get an answer, and everyone should shut up about it.
    TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#12  Edited By TobyD81
    Timma1083 said:
    "Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    "They had a 100 page thread on this over at Rockband.comHMXSean has stated that they are looking into this issue."
    if I remember correctly there was actually two threads, one which was 100+ pages which got locked, and then another that gets bumped occasionally. Honestly I don't think we'll ever get an answer, and everyone should shut up about it."
    All true, and it is also true that "Last Resort" is a terrible song. Word.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    Timma1083 said:
    "Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    if I remember correctly there was actually two threads, one which was 100+ pages which got locked, and then another that gets bumped occasionally. Honestly I don't think we'll ever get an answer, and everyone should shut up about it."
    You're right. And agreed.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By A Likely Story
    Timma1083 said:
    "Hobbies said:
    "Tylea002 said:

We didn't get the album version of Dead Kennedy's California Über Alles either, but I'm not complaining. I'm just thankful any version of the song made it into Rock Band."
    Wait, we didn't get the album version to Uber Alles? What version did we get? =\"
    Well, I guess I should say we didn't get the version that came on their Fresh Fruit album.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Timma1083
    Hobbies said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    "Hobbies said:
    "Tylea002 said:

Wait, we didn't get the album version to Uber Alles? What version did we get? =\"
    Well, I guess I should say we didn't get the version that came on their Fresh Fruit album."
    Yeah, we got the Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death version. Personally I like it better then the Fresh Fruit version.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By A Likely Story

Same here, Timma1083 said:

"Hobbies said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    "Hobbies said:
    "Tylea002 said:

Well, I guess I should say we didn't get the version that came on their Fresh Fruit album."
    Yeah, we got the Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death version. Personally I like it better then the Fresh Fruit version."
    Yep, same here.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Red

Now you have to play a bad version of a HORRIBLE song? Whatever will you do?

Once you get into the pile of crap that is Papa Roach, you can't get any worse.
    Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Blueprint12

Am I the only one who likes that song?? :(

I'm not a huge Papa Roach fan but I still enjoy that song a lot.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Timma1083
    Blueprint12 said:
    "Am I the only one who likes that song?? :(I'm not a huge Papa Roach fan but I still enjoy that song a lot."
    Don't get me wrong, I like the song, even if I hate Papa Roach. I just don't think we are ever going to get an update about this and everyone should just deal with whatever version of it we got, since (excluding vocals) it plays the exact same as it would on the original version.
    tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tmthomsen

Yeah, that is a great song, and I'm furious about the Rock Band version as well... I wish I could get my money back. Guess I could had previewed it, but I thought I knew what I was buying.

Splitterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 78

#21  Edited By Splitterguy

I can totally understand your frustration.  I mean, it's almost fake advertising, what with the album cover being different and all.  I highly doubt anythings going to change, though.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By angelfan91

There is one HUGE flaw in all these protests about song versions.  There is a frickin preview button that allows you to here some of the song before you buy it in Rock Band's music store.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.