Harmonix Responds To Rock Band 3 Set List Leak

• 121 results
Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Today, Harmonix Music Systems has issued an official response addressing the rumors and speculation on the supposedly final Rock Band 3 set list that had allegedly been revealed.

Earlier this week, GottGame.com posted a video interview with RB3 Project Lead Daniel Sussman during a recent Rock Band 3 press event. The interview in question contained shots of players scrolling through a massive list of on-disc songs for Rock Band 3--way more than the 41 songs that have been officially revealed--leading many to believe that what was on display was the in-game song selection menu containing the full RB3 set list. Rock Band fan site RockBandAide dug through and decoded the words on the selection screen from the high-res stream of the interview and put together a list of songs that the site suspects is the full track list for Rock Band 3.

When you play Rock Band 3, we think it might look something like this. But wait for official word from Harmonix--we could be lying.
However, the team at Harmonix wishes to remind its fans that they should not put any stock into these unofficial video leaks. Any firm information regarding the full Rock Band 3 set list is going to come from the Harmonix, not from the misinformation provided by a video camera filming a screen. After all, Harmonix is a competent and successful developer. Would they really jeopardize their marketing plans by forgetting to look over their shoulder and checking what was behind them?

Though the PR team is over at Gamescom showing off Rock Band 3, Harmonix staffers John Drake, Aaron Trites, and Daniel Sussman have prepared the following official video response to officially comment on this unofficial set list rumor allegation. They just want to get the message straight: the information percolating out there on the internet is both "bad information" and "misinformation." if you see what looks like a full Rock Band 3 set list, it's because Harmonix wants you to see it.

When asked what he thought about all this, Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann stated that Drake was "history," and that he was going to "cut [Drake] on his moneymaker, and by moneymaker, I mean face."  He then challenged Drake to a Dance Central dance-off during The Big Live Live Show: Live, which is some sort of all-day broadcast that Gerstmann and his "Whiskey Media" cohorts have been planning for September 9.

Either way, that's the official word from Harmonix. Don't listen to websites like Giant Bomb or RockBandAide, which claim to have the full Rock Band 3 set list. When the time comes to announce the full Rock Band 3 set list, you're going to hear it from Harmonix first. But probably not from John Drake. Because that guy will be dead.
#1 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Today, Harmonix Music Systems has issued an official response addressing the rumors and speculation on the supposedly final Rock Band 3 set list that had allegedly been revealed.

Earlier this week, GottGame.com posted a video interview with RB3 Project Lead Daniel Sussman during a recent Rock Band 3 press event. The interview in question contained shots of players scrolling through a massive list of on-disc songs for Rock Band 3--way more than the 41 songs that have been officially revealed--leading many to believe that what was on display was the in-game song selection menu containing the full RB3 set list. Rock Band fan site RockBandAide dug through and decoded the words on the selection screen from the high-res stream of the interview and put together a list of songs that the site suspects is the full track list for Rock Band 3.

When you play Rock Band 3, we think it might look something like this. But wait for official word from Harmonix--we could be lying.
However, the team at Harmonix wishes to remind its fans that they should not put any stock into these unofficial video leaks. Any firm information regarding the full Rock Band 3 set list is going to come from the Harmonix, not from the misinformation provided by a video camera filming a screen. After all, Harmonix is a competent and successful developer. Would they really jeopardize their marketing plans by forgetting to look over their shoulder and checking what was behind them?

Though the PR team is over at Gamescom showing off Rock Band 3, Harmonix staffers John Drake, Aaron Trites, and Daniel Sussman have prepared the following official video response to officially comment on this unofficial set list rumor allegation. They just want to get the message straight: the information percolating out there on the internet is both "bad information" and "misinformation." if you see what looks like a full Rock Band 3 set list, it's because Harmonix wants you to see it.

When asked what he thought about all this, Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann stated that Drake was "history," and that he was going to "cut [Drake] on his moneymaker, and by moneymaker, I mean face."  He then challenged Drake to a Dance Central dance-off during The Big Live Live Show: Live, which is some sort of all-day broadcast that Gerstmann and his "Whiskey Media" cohorts have been planning for September 9.

Either way, that's the official word from Harmonix. Don't listen to websites like Giant Bomb or RockBandAide, which claim to have the full Rock Band 3 set list. When the time comes to announce the full Rock Band 3 set list, you're going to hear it from Harmonix first. But probably not from John Drake. Because that guy will be dead.
#2 Posted by DaemonBlack (342 posts) -

weird

#3 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

This is viral genius. <3 Harmonix.

ANTHRAX! Awesomely enough, it's the original version of Caught In A Mosh too! Better vocals, slightly less awesome sounding guitar. I'm guessing the final song to beat in the game? :D

69 days!

#4 Edited by Megasoum (351 posts) -

first?

Edit: Bah...close. Anyway funny video.

#5 Posted by RageGummy (102 posts) -

Dam, still not  buying

#6 Posted by SiN13 (234 posts) -

Haha

#7 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -

LOL

#8 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

lol nice.

#9 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

Oh man, I now have a huge man crush on John Drake.

#10 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

9/9: NEVER FORGET

#11 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -

Pretty good way of responding.

#12 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I still think Giant Bomb is just a cover for drug smugglers using twinkies to smuggle cocaine. 
I mean, have you seen those guys? They have drug smuggler written all over them...

#13 Posted by CountBolkonsky (65 posts) -

I thought Matt Kessler was no longer the intern.

#14 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

lmao, 

#15 Posted by HT101 (1151 posts) -

John Drake is totally awesome.  Hope to see his face on this site more.

#16 Posted by SavUK (79 posts) -

Has anyone compiled the list of tracks from the background screen yet?

#17 Posted by BenMatok (20 posts) -

damn, harmonix are douchebags.
now we wait for whiskey media's response.

#18 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6087 posts) -

Awesome.  Does that make us acessories to murder, then?  Or accessories to really bad dance-offs?

#19 Posted by Jeffmoocow (123 posts) -

That "Giant Bomb" site is fucking terrible. 

Also I <3 John Drake.

#20 Edited by MarioBoza (45 posts) -
  1.  Amy Winehouse – "Rehab"
  2. Anthrax – "Caught in a Mosh"
  3. At The Drive-In – "One Armed Scissor"
  4. Avenged Sevenfold – "Beast And The Harlot"
  5. The B-52s – "Rock Lobster"
  6. The Beach Boys – "Good Vibrations" (Live)
  7. Big Country – "In a Big Country"
  8. Blondie – "Heart of Glass"
  9. Bob Marley & The Wailers – "Get Up, Stand Up"
  10. The Bronx – "False Alarm"
  11. Chicago – "25 or 6 to 4"
  12. The Cure – "Just Like Heaven"
  13. David Bowie – "Space Oddity"
  14. Deep Purple – "Smoke on the Water"
  15. Def Leppard – "Foolin'"
  16. Devo – "Whip It"
  17. Dio – "Rainbow in the Dark"
  18. Dire Straights – "Walk of Life"
  19. The Doobie Brothers – "China Grove"
  20. The Doors – "Break On Through (To the Other Side)"
  21. Dover – "King George"
  22. Echo & the Bunnymen – "The Killing Moon"
  23. Elton John – "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"
  24. Faith No More – "Midlife Crisis"
  25. Filter – "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
  26. The Flaming Lips – "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1"
  27. Foreigner – "Cold as Ice"
  28. Golden Earring – "Radar Love"
  29. HIM – "Killing Loneliness"
  30. Huey Lewis and the News – "The Power of Love"
  31. Hypernova – "Viva La Resistance"
  32. Ida Maria – "Oh My God"
  33. INXS – "Need You Tonight"
  34. The J. Geils Band – "Centerfold"
  35. James Brown – "I Got You (I Feel Good)"
  36. Jane's Addiction – "Been Caught Stealing"
  37. The Jimi Hendrix Experience ˆ"Crosstown Traffic"
  38. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – "I Love Rock 'n Roll"
  39. John Lennon – "Imagine"
  40. Juanes – "Me Enamora"
  41. Lynyrd Skynyrd – "Free Bird"
  42. Maná – "Oye Mi Amor"
  43. Marilyn Manson – "The Beautiful People"
  44. Metric – "Combat Baby"
  45. The Muffs – "Outer Space"
  46. Night Ranger – "Sister Christian"
  47. Ozzy Osbourne – "Crazy Train"
  48. Paramore – "Misery Business"
  49. Phish – "Llama"
  50. Phoenix – "Lasso"
  51. The Police – "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
  52. Poni Hoax – "Antibodies"
  53. Pretty Girls Make Graves – "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
  54. Primus – "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver"
  55. Queen – "Bohemian Rhapsody"
  56. Queens of the Stone Age – "No One Knows"
  57. Rammstein – "Du Hast"
  58. Ramones – "I Wanna Be Sedated"
  59. Raveonettes – "Last Dance"
  60. Rilo Kiley – "Portions for Foxes"
  61. Riverboat Gamblers – "Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead"
  62. Roxette – "The Look"
  63. Slipknot – "Before I Forget"
  64. Smash Mouth – "Walkin' on the Sun"
  65. The Smiths – "Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before"
  66. The Sounds – "Living in America"
  67. Spacehog – "In the Meantime"
  68. Steve Miller Band – "Fly Like an Eagle"
  69. Stone Temple Pilots – "Plush"
  70. Swingin' Utters – "This Bastard's Life"
  71. T. Rex – "20th Century Boy"
  72. Tears for Fears – "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
  73. Tegan and Sara – "The Con"
  74. Them Crooked Vultures – "Dead End Friends"
  75. Tokio Hotel – "Humanoid"
  76. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - "I Need to Know"
  77. The Vines – "Get Free"
  78. War – "Low Rider"
  79. Warren Zevon – "Werewolves of London"
  80. The White Stripes – "The Hardest Button to Button"
  81. Whitesnake – "Here I Go Again"
  82. The Who – "I Can See for Miles"
  83. Yes – "Roundabout"

credit goes to Joystiq 4 writing it all down 
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/20/this-is-the-full-83-track-rock-band-3-setlist/
#21 Posted by Phished0ne (2483 posts) -

all i can say is....

Taboot Taboot! 

its a shame no one is going to get that.

#22 Posted by McSmunions (582 posts) -

interesting. 

i like how one guy throws up horns, one throws up deuces, and the last guy...waves good bye.

#23 Posted by drowsap (679 posts) -

thats funny as hell and also does this mean that its co worker Kessler now?

#24 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -
@CountBolkonsky said:
" I thought Matt Kessler was no longer the intern. "
He's now Giant Bomb's new freelance journalist. 
#25 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I didn't see anything...  *wink, wink*

#26 Posted by Whiskeyjack (110 posts) -

Best official denial of an information  leak ever.

#27 Posted by NickLott (792 posts) -

Very surprised and excited they got The Smiths in the game. I was of the thinking that Morrissey would never allow it. Hope they get more for DLC.

#28 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

This is the Too Human fiasco all over again.

#29 Posted by DevWil (842 posts) -

lol.

#30 Posted by TadThuggish (904 posts) -

I can't tell if they're trying to be funny or not.  Yeah, Joystiq is UNCONFIRMED and Harmonix is CONFIRMED, but that's all the information they gave.
 Can't wait for Harmonix to reveal the exact same track listing...but this time, official!

#31 Posted by blaakmawf (543 posts) -

Harmonix is fuckin' cool.

#32 Posted by dantey (245 posts) -
@MaFoLu: 
So what you are saying, that all those Mailbag videos is just a way to get into contact with there cocaine suppliers? Dam! They must of had a great moth, if all those Twinkies were sent to them.
#33 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

Prog Rock people just creamed themselves after seeing Yes on this set list.

#34 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (697 posts) -

I gotta ask why there's a link to GiantBomb.com in a GiantBomb.com news story. 0.o

#35 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

I think the last time I remember an ad on GB (Other than the quests, which don't require clicks) was for ODST.

#36 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Jeffmoocow said:
" That "Giant Bomb" site is fucking terrible.   Also I <3 John Drake. "
Very much this.
#37 Posted by nutter (122 posts) -

Outstanding way to embrace a gaffe.

Also, that dance-off better not be just talk. After seeing the E3 clips of Jeff and Ryan playing Dance Central, I'm really looking forward to hands-on, video reviews, etc. I'll be home for the Big Live Live Show: Live taking care of my second kid and I'm planning on watching as much as I can while I have 6 pounds of sleep n' eat laying on my stomach.

#38 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@dantey said:
" @MaFoLu:  So what you are saying, that all those Mailbag videos is just a way to get into contact with there cocaine suppliers? Dam! They must of had a great moth, if all those Twinkies were sent to them. "
Yea and they said people shouldn't come to their offices without contacting them first, that must be because the cops are watching them. Therefore they have to meet somewhere else... It all makes sense now!
#39 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

lol, I still think im kinda missing the joke. I think I get it. This is meant to be a joke right? because my joke radar isnt very good with internet stuff.

#40 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

SQUASH THE BEEF

#41 Posted by Nadafinga (957 posts) -

John Drake needs his own TV show or something, the guy is hilarious.

#42 Edited by Driadon (2995 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:

" lol, I still think im kinda missing the joke. I think I get it. This is meant to be a joke right? because my joke radar isnt very good with internet stuff. "

It be a joke. Sounds like Giant Bomb got the list, posted it, then Harmonix went "Oh...wait....shit. Wasn't supposed to go out yet." and then posted this video.
#43 Posted by xxDrAiNxx (114 posts) -

Rock Band 3  !    Uber-awesome!

#44 Posted by DrJota (700 posts) -

Wow.That's a nice TV.

#45 Posted by Warchief (651 posts) -

that was awesome. wont be buying it but response was awesome. 

#46 Posted by Prolix (188 posts) -
@CountBolkonsky said:
" I thought Matt Kessler was no longer the intern. "
We shall never be rid of that sympathy craving tumor.
#47 Edited by asdfghasdf (71 posts) -
@Driadon said:

" @Raven_Sword said:

" lol, I still think im kinda missing the joke. I think I get it. This is meant to be a joke right? because my joke radar isnt very good with internet stuff. "

It be a joke. Sounds like Giant Bomb got the list, posted it, then Harmonix went "Oh...wait....shit. Wasn't supposed to go out yet." and then posted this video. "
Yep, I went through the leaked video, compiled a list of my own, and posted it on the Rock Band 3 forum. So I guess it's all my fault! :/
#48 Posted by RockBandAide (7 posts) -

Can't we all just get along?  

Also, I've got money on Jeff. Vested interest and all. 

#49 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

This is probably the funniest thing Kessler has posted.

#50 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Keyboard player - "Hey let's do Imagine!" 
Everybody else - "No"

Also I'll take some Primus any day of the week, nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.