Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 28, 2013

The busty ninja girls of Senran Kagura come to the Vita, with Dynasty Warriors-esque gameplay and competitive multiplayer.

Coming to the Vita this fall in North America.

• 66 results
    joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@mb said:

The problem I have with games like this (and this one in particular) is that these alleged high school girls look to me like they're about eight or nine years old.

Sure, that's fine. Don't play the game if it makes you uncomfortable. Just also don't demean others who think these cartoon girls look highschool aged (because they're girls...in highschool) and are fine with the game's content, as others in this thread have already done.

I don't really like realistic looking military FPSs because I can't really get enjoyment from killing other human soldiers that just happen to be the "enemy", but I know that's my individual perspective, and I'd never criticise anyone else who doesn't share my qualms.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@joshwent said:

@alexw00d said:

@joshwent said:

Have you considered that the reason fans have to defend it is because they get relentlessly attacked and stereotyped for just enjoying something?

Is getting attacked for liking images of children in suggestive clothing/positions even a bad thing?

Wow! I didn't think it would be this easy for someone to illustrate my point.

These games (which I'm not even a fan of, to be clear) are about high school girls with impossibly big boobs ninja fighting in absurdly over-the-top ways. The fact that you can even somehow correlate that to pedophilia is really sad. Especially for a fan of video games, the most slandered and misunderstood form of media there is.

People keep saying that "clearly this is pandering" and "it's all just fan service." I must ask you to consider: who are they pandering to? what kind of fan is this fan service for?

How is this anything other than an admission that the fans they are paying service to are people who are fans of hyper-sexualized underage girls in suggestive clothing and positions?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@joshwent said:

@alexw00d said:

@joshwent said:

Have you considered that the reason fans have to defend it is because they get relentlessly attacked and stereotyped for just enjoying something?

Is getting attacked for liking images of children in suggestive clothing/positions even a bad thing?

These games (which I'm not even a fan of, to be clear) are about high school girls with impossibly big boobs ninja fighting in absurdly over-the-top ways. The fact that you can even somehow correlate that to pedophilia is really sad. Especially for a fan of video games, the most slandered and misunderstood form of media there is.

People keep saying that "clearly this is pandering" and "it's all just fan service." I must ask you to consider: who are they pandering to? what kind of fan is this fan service for?

How is this anything other than an admission that the fans they are paying service to are people who are fans of hyper-sexualized underage girls in suggestive clothing and positions?

This sums up my point perfectly. The calls of it's pandering, it's fan service. Pandering to who? Servicing which kind of fans? The ones who like underage girls in little clothes with massive breasts and upskirts. Those are the shitty fans. People in this for the gameplay? Clearly not who this is on about.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By Atwa

@alexw00d said:

@joshwent said:

@secondpersonshooter said:

I love some anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Paranoia Agent are some of the best tv shows I've ever seen anime or otherwise, but it's things like this, and the fact that the vocal "anime" community tries to defend it, that stop me from ever self indentifying into any sort of anime fan base

Since when do children have impossibly large breasts that bounce around at the the slightest movement? Its a fantasy and the leap to try to liken it to pedophilia is borderline insane. Violence always gets a pass because, duh, we are human beings capable of differing reality from fiction. Why wouldn't it be exactly the same for these topics? Why do you immediately have to be a piece of shit if you enjoy something with a little sex appeal? The 3DS game got a T rating and if you had played that or watched the anime you would know how silly it is. Yes its definitely pandering, but not at all the way you are trying to say it is.

It's fine if you don't like it, but coming in to a Senran Kagura thread solely to judge other people, really? Just stay out and let people enjoy it if they want. It is completely harmless fun, unless you desperately want to make it something else. The game itself is a lighthearted accessible Musou clone that is tons of fun to play if you are into the genre.

I know better by now, any game similar to this immediately derails into politics and people flailing around their own opinions about what is OK and what isn't.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@joshwent said:

@alexw00d said:

@joshwent said:

You can be fans of the characters and like seeing them in cute outfits or whatnot without being a sleeze ball. You're insinuating that anyone who likes this instantly makes them a creep. Again, I will say does being a fan of violent games make you a sociopath in real life then? If no then the same applies to this because again as I already said any person who is of sound mind can draw a line between what is real and not real and not let that carry over or influence their actual behavior.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@atwa said:

@alexw00d said:

@joshwent said:

I love some anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Paranoia Agent are some of the best tv shows I've ever seen anime or otherwise, but it's things like this, and the fact that the vocal "anime" community tries to defend it, that stop me from ever self indentifying into any sort of anime fan base

Since when do children have impossibly large breasts that bounce around at the the slightest movement? Its a fantasy and the leap to try to liken it to pedophilia is borderline insane. Violence always gets a pass because, duh, we are human beings capable of differing reality from fiction. Why wouldn't it be exactly the same for these topics? Why do you immediately have to be a piece of shit if you enjoy something with a little sex appeal? The 3DS game got a T rating and if you had played that or watched the anime you would know how silly it is. Yes its definitely pandering, but not at all the way you are trying to say it is.

It's fine if you don't like it, but coming in to a Senran Kagura thread solely to judge other people, really? Just stay out and let people enjoy it if they want. It is completely harmless fun, unless you desperately want to make it something else. The game itself is a lighthearted accessible Musou clone that is tons of fun to play if you are into the genre.

I know better by now, any game similar to this immediately derails into politics and people flailing around their own opinions about what is OK and what isn't.

Where did I ever say violence is ok? And where did I say sex appeal is bad? Sex appeal is fine. Tits are great. I am all for more tits in media. And more dicks. Dicks for everyone. But when the people with tits, and dicks, are drawings of what appear to be very, very young teenagers? That shit ain't good buddy. That shit ain't defendable.

It's fine that you like it, just understand, most people think it's creepy as fuck for a reason. (That shitty argument works both ways bud.)

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By bushpusherr

You can be fans of the characters and like seeing them in cute outfits or whatnot without being a sleeze ball. You're insinuating that anyone who likes this instantly makes them a creep. Again, I will say does being a fan of violent games make you a sociopath in real life then? If no then the same applies to this because again as I already said any person who is of sound mind can draw a line between what is real and not real and not let that carry over or influence their actual behavior.

@atwa said:

@alexw00d said:

@joshwent said:

As it's been said already...the things that seems to be making people uncomfortable about the imagery here is the implied age of the girls (or in other similar cases like Death Smiles where a similarly depicted girl is actually declared 14 years old). It is the age factor here that makes the comparisons to violence difficult to accept...children are rarely on the receiving end of violence in games. If there were a collection of games that glorified the killing of kids, those would probably raise some eyebrows as well.

Clearly this isn't for me, but I don't recall calling anyone a piece a shit or a pedophile for wanting to play this game or enjoying the series. I simply don't share the view that the blatant sexualization of young girls in this way is something to brush off. And you might appreciate their "cute outfits," but that trailer makes it painfully obvious that the outfit isn't what they are trying to emphasize.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

why does the fact that young boys like boobies upset so many people so badly? Do people actually think they have a right to tell young men what they are allowed to enjoy about sex?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen said:

why does the fact that young boys like boobies upset so many people so badly? Do people actually think they have a right to tell young men what they are allowed to enjoy about sex?

Because it's much more than just youngboys who like boobies? And yes, most of Western society has pretty much all come down on the same side of the line that girls under a certain age are off limits to those who have already passed the mark. People are free to enjoy this kind of stuff, and I'm free to notice that it explicitly and implicit has creepy undertones. Not sure why we who find it uncomfortable or inappropriate are just expected to keep our mouths shut...this is a discussion board after all, not a hype page.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@tourgen said:

Because it's much more than just youngboys who like boobies? And yes, most of Western society has pretty much all come down on the same side of the line that girls under a certain age are off limits to those who have already passed the mark. People are free to enjoy this kind of stuff, and I'm free to notice that it explicitly and implicit has creepy undertones. Not sure why we who find it uncomfortable or inappropriate are just expected to keep our mouths shut...this is a discussion board after all, not a hype page.

I was under the impression that the cartoon girls in this thing were adults. I'll admit to only watching about 2 mins of the opening.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By bushpusherr
    Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Atwa

@bushpusherr said:

@tourgen said:

I question the sanity of someone incapable of differing between fiction and real life and you are bringing up politics concerning real life. Senran Kagura is clearly fictitious, it is tonally very lighthearted and there is nothing malicious here. Except that which you desperately try to create. How can they look like very young teenagers when they have fully grown bodies with every feature being exaggerated? They don't look like underage girls, they look like fantasy anime girls. There are several countries (Canada, Sweden for example) that have very strict laws about displaying young girls in all media, yet they allow Senran Kagura. We can sit here and argue semantics if you like, but the 3DS game got a T rating and wasn't banned anywhere so clearly they agree with me.

Just like extremely violent games, people that play these games enjoy it as a harmless entertainment.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa said:

I question the sanity of someone incapable of differing between fiction and real life and you are bringing up politics concerning real life. Senran Kagura is clearly fictitious, it is tonally very lighthearted and there is nothing malicious here. Except that which you desperately try to create. How can they look like very young teenagers when they have fully grown bodies with every feature being exaggerated? They don't look like underage girls, they look like fantasy anime girls. There are several countries (Canada, Sweden for example) that have very strict laws about displaying young girls in all media, yet they allow Senran Kagura. We can sit here and argue semantics if you like, but the 3DS game got a T rating and wasn't banned anywhere so clearly they agree with me.

Just like extremely violent games, people that play these games enjoy it as a harmless entertainment.

The wiki on this very site states that this game was classified as the Japanese equivalent of a 17+ rating. A "T" rating with the ESRB is for 13+. Perhaps the rating changed as it came over from Japan, I don't know. Quite frankly, I don't want to look it up, as I'm sitting in the airport and having these images on my laptop is embarrassing.

The only thing desperate here is the jiggling tits and ass in that fucking trailer. Maybe you're just much younger than me and are still in high school or something, I don't know. But as a 25 year old, those girls look like young teenagers portrayed with an adults sexuality. "Fantasy anime girls" and "underage girls" are not mutually exclusive, and in fact it seems like they are often synonymous.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Atwa

@bushpusherr said:

@atwa said:

The wiki on this very site states that this game was classified as the Japanese equivalent of a 17+ rating. A "T" rating with the ESRB is for 13+. Perhaps the rating changed as it came over from Japan, I don't know. Quite frankly, I don't want to look it up, as I'm sitting in the airport and having these images on my laptop is embarrassing.

The only thing desperate here is the jiggling tits and ass in that fucking trailer. Maybe you're just much younger than me and are still in high school or something, I don't know. But as a 25 year old, those girls look like young teenagers portrayed with an adults sexuality. "Fantasy anime girls" and "underage girls" are not mutually exclusive, and in fact it seems like they are often synonymous.

I was talking about the 3DS game, which is already out, and it got a T rating. Which also got a 17+ rating in Japan.

Funny how I thought the very same thing about you, as I except someone older to be able to understand that people have clear distinctions of what is fiction and what isn't. AND react accordingly. That is why video game violence is fine and NEVER will cause unprovoked violence. Its clearly fiction and even kids understand that. It is the EXACT same thing here. There is no link between a person that enjoy Senran Kagura and one that lust for underage girls. Do underage girls scream big, voluptuous boobs to you? It doesn't to me, and therefor I never see them as very young teenagers. "young teenagers with adults sexuality" You admit yourself that the appeal is the adult sexuality.

As the guy behind Senran Kagura reiterates again and again, the franchise is about happy boobs. Both of those are equally important.

If you want to discuss it further you can send me a PM, there is no point in discussing it here anymore. I have said what I wanted to say. I'll buy the game with a clean conscious and have a great time, you do what you want.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#66  Edited By flasaltine

Looks like absolute shit.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

where is vita tv in NA sony? I need my hentai video game

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I don't actually know what people like about Senran Kagura, but surely it's more than just bewbs. I hope.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atwa said:

I was talking about the 3DS game, which is already out, and it got a T rating. Which also got a 17+ rating in Japan.

Funny how I thought the very same thing about you, as I except someone older to be able to understand that people have clear distinctions of what is fiction and what isn't. AND react accordingly. That is why video game violence is fine and NEVER will cause unprovoked violence. Its clearly fiction and even kids understand that. It is the EXACT same thing here. There is no link between a person that enjoy Senran Kagura and one that lust for underage girls. Do underage girls scream big, voluptuous boobs to you? It doesn't to me, and therefor I never see them as very young teenagers. "young teenagers with adults sexuality" You admit yourself that the appeal is the adult sexuality.

As the guy behind Senran Kagura reiterates again and again, the franchise is about happy boobs. Both of those are equally important.

If you want to discuss it further you can send me a PM, there is no point in discussing it here anymore. I have said what I wanted to say. I'll buy the game with a clean conscious and have a great time, you do what you want.

I didn't respond to the "fantasy vs reality" angle before because it isn't applicable. I'm not conflating the two. You seem to be under the impression that fantasy depictions of women/girls can never be inappropriate.

And again, violence isn't immediately comparable because even in video games it is rare for the violence to be focused on children. You clearly don't comprehend that the contention here is that adult levels of sexuality are being projected onto girls who otherwise appear far too young.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks like absolute shit.

Word! Some absolutely radical shit right here. Wicked, duuuude!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I don't actually know what people like about Senran Kagura, but surely it's more than just bewbs. I hope.

I'm pretty sure it's just boobs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.