Well what is this? SimCity 5? It's unofficially a thing.

  • 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Cities 20XX doesn't have a fixed grid, SimCity 5 can't....it just CAN'T.

#52 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

This just in:

It's going to be Facebook game.

#53 Posted by PottsyNZ (72 posts) -

SimCityVille?

#54 Posted by Winternet (8018 posts) -

Sim City 3000 probably still the best one. But, boy I'm excited for a new one.

#55 Posted by Bollard (5516 posts) -

@Dalai: Multiplayer? Sold sold and sold.

#56 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Looks great :) I hope it'll come to the consoles as well...

#57 Posted by squirrelnacho (331 posts) -

@Morrow said:

Looks great :) I hope it'll come to the consoles as well...

If it comes to the consoles, it risks being way too simplified to be a true sim city game. There aren't enough buttons on the controllers to efficiently navigate the menus and read all the graphs.

#58 Posted by ChrisTilton (156 posts) -

Guys, don't worry. It's not going to be a Facebook game.

#59 Posted by Dalai (7027 posts) -
@ChrisTilton said:

Guys, don't worry. It's not going to be a Facebook game.

Hmm... is it too early to start the "Chris Tilton is working on the SimCity 5 soundtrack" rumor at this time?
#60 Posted by Gooddoggy (410 posts) -

@squirrelnacho said:

@Morrow said:

Looks great :) I hope it'll come to the consoles as well...

If it comes to the consoles, it risks being way too simplified to be a true sim city game. There aren't enough buttons on the controllers to efficiently navigate the menus and read all the graphs.

Buttons aren't the issue - a 2-button mouse works fine. The real issue is that an analog stick doesn't emulate mouse movement very well. Still, it'd be nice if they could make a decent console version, since I doubt my PC will be able to run this.

#61 Posted by squirrelnacho (331 posts) -

@Gooddoggy said:

@squirrelnacho said:

@Morrow said:

Looks great :) I hope it'll come to the consoles as well...

If it comes to the consoles, it risks being way too simplified to be a true sim city game. There aren't enough buttons on the controllers to efficiently navigate the menus and read all the graphs.

Buttons aren't the issue - a 2-button mouse works fine. The real issue is that an analog stick doesn't emulate mouse movement very well. Still, it'd be nice if they could make a decent console version, since I doubt my PC will be able to run this.

Yes, this is whats implied in a mouse vs controller discussion. Anyway, it's hard to see how they could do the series justice with the controller limitation.

#62 Posted by Slag (4328 posts) -

awwwww yeaaaaaaah!

'Bout time we got some new simcity !

#63 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Finally! But i never hype, just disappointing later. Seems damn good though.

#64 Posted by wafflez (528 posts) -

Looks good.  I'll be following this one!

#65 Posted by muktor (61 posts) -

can't wait to play it looks awesome

#66 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

I just hope it has all the complexity and challenge of 4. That game is a true masterpiece.

#67 Edited by Dalai (7027 posts) -

Alright, let's call it officially official. Live stream here
  

#68 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@Dalai: Jeez, have you been reading the Twitter feed for this live event? It's absolutely hysterical. People are acting like they're being held hostage or some madness. Pretty sure the doors are locked.

#69 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme! I'm still playing SimCity 4.

#70 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -

Oh god it looks so good. I haven't played a Sim City game in well over a decade but I so want this.

#71 Posted by Dalai (7027 posts) -
@Little_Socrates said:

@Dalai: Jeez, have you been reading the Twitter feed for this live event? It's absolutely hysterical. People are acting like they're being held hostage or some madness. Pretty sure the doors are locked.

I was checking in occasionally. Confusion was certainly in the air.
#72 Posted by gike987 (1754 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

@Dalai: Jeez, have you been reading the Twitter feed for this live event? It's absolutely hysterical. People are acting like they're being held hostage or some madness. Pretty sure the doors are locked.

I survived the whole stream. It consisted of the director of An Inconvenient Truth, one of the founders of Twitter and some guy from Charity Water (probably some founder, I was almost asleep) talking about things almost completely unrelated to games.

#73 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (732 posts) -

Hey, I will take a SimCity with a more environmental concern built in.

I just gots to have my SimCity!

#74 Posted by SharkMan (655 posts) -

they will no doubt screw it up, starting with it being an origin exclusive.

#75 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (732 posts) -

@SharkMan: If it being on Origin will ruin the game for you, don't buy it.

Simple.

The rest of us will and we will enjoy the hell out of it.

#76 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

Annnd.. the game has already been ruined by ridiculous pre-launch DLC.

  • The contents of a Limited Edition (£44.99) and Deluxe Edition (£64.99) went on to reveal Super Hero HQ and Evil Villain Lair extras, plus new characters, mystery items and crime waves.
  • The Deluxe Edition goes one better to include regional city sets: British, French and German. These include landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Brandenburg Gate and Big Ben. They also pack things like double-decker buses from London, high-speed trains from Germany and police and fire services from France.

Can someone explain to me why those features won't just be in the standard game.. like they were in the last few?

#77 Posted by SenorDingDong (40 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

Annnd.. the game has already been ruined by ridiculous pre-launch DLC.

  • The contents of a Limited Edition (£44.99) and Deluxe Edition (£64.99) went on to reveal Super Hero HQ and Evil Villain Lair extras, plus new characters, mystery items and crime waves.
  • The Deluxe Edition goes one better to include regional city sets: British, French and German. These include landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Brandenburg Gate and Big Ben. They also pack things like double-decker buses from London, high-speed trains from Germany and police and fire services from France.

Can someone explain to me why those features won't just be in the standard game.. like they were in the last few?

The second bulletpoint is oddly phrased. Makes it sound like London and Germany won't have police and fire services :D

#78 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Not trying to bash the SimCity gaming line, though I haven't played since the Super Nintendo version. So a LONG time ago to say the least But..

I have to say, the look and feel of the game seems to have not really evolved that much since the Super Nintendo... or is it just me? I don't know obviously haven't kept up with this for years but your screenshots give me that impersonation!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.