Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dwarf Fortress

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Dwarf Fortress is a single-player, high fantasy simulation game in the style of old ASCII Roguelikes. You can control either a Dwarven clan attempting to build a settlement or a single adventurer in a randomly generated and persistent world complete with its own unique history.

Giant Bomb Community Succession Game!

Sankis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#301  Edited By Sankis

Sankis never dies, he's only missing in action.

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By Seaborgium

@SpaceBoat said:

There's going to be a lot of really hardy dwarves if they can get past these times.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, eh?

...unless it leaves you with fewer limbs.

...or gives you a life-threatening infection.

...or drives you insane.

Avatar image for zombie_shakespeare
    Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sankis said:

Made this for you.

No Caption Provided
    envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By envane

@Zombie_Shakespeare said:

@Sankis said:

Made this for you.

No Caption Provided

due to the muliation i cannot rule out the possibility he faked his death , its not like theres a shortage of mutilated dwarves

SpaceBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By SpaceBoat

Perhaps it was mutilated beyond facial recognition, and the body in question was only holding some sort of false identification?

These are the mysteries.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#306  Edited By Daveyo520

I am sure some oh his teeth are around. let us check the dental records.

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothin' seems likely to happen at the momen'. Ev'rybody is workin' on projects, engravin' slabs and making more,

farmin' and sleepin' and brewin' and drinkin'. I've been followin' around Kogsak, makin' sure he don't hurt nobody.

He seems harmless, but he's scarin' some o' the children. I thought about sealin' him up like I wanted to do

with Davey durin' his tantrums, but that seemed mean. After two weeks, he died on his feet. Just dropped dead

just like that. I hope I don't go out that way. I miss home.

I took Kogsak out to the corpse pile meself. Didn't want no one else to have to.

No Caption Provided

At least he's not hauntin' us.

Moonstone's almost over. Thought I saw Sankis today. Must'o been my mind playin' tricks.

Amost's been possessed, same as Kogsak was. I hope he doesn't go out the same way. Maybe he can help him, though

we couldn't help Kogsak. He went over and claimed a Jeweler's workshop and started haulin' over materials. I'm

followin' him to see what he does. He took lots o' gems and some gold nuggets. He's been working for a week now.

It's been a week and a half. He must have everything he needs, 'cause he's started workin' on somethin' big.

No Caption Provided

He finally came out o' the workshop, cacklin' and sweatin'. He held up a big, shiny green ring. It's real pretty.

But I've always been a man'o function. He let me look at it. He carved a picture of a mug onto it. I guess he likes

drink as much as the rest'o Dorf-kind. He calls it 'The Entrancin' Theater'. I don't understand it, but I'm glad he's

okay. I told him he could do whatever he wants with it.

No Caption Provided

A kid named Astesh came and talked to me on the 12th Opal. He told me about how his dad died and is haunting him.

He said he was really tired but his dad kept him awake, and he was scared his dead brother was going to come back

for him too. I gave him some ale and told him I'd take care of it.

People are looking at me funny, like they don't like me no more. I'm a little scared.

No Caption Provided

All I could really do was add his names to the engravin' schedule. Maybe it'll work out. I hope he doesn't go crazy.

We have enough crazy Dorfs already.

Seaborgium told me today that he's been makin' all our logs into ash for about six months. We don't got any left now.

Saw Sankis again. He waved. Waved back. Think I'm finally losin' it. Little over a month till the end of the year.

Don't know what we're doin' next year. Haven't seen no one from outside in ages. Rimtar's been luggin' around a stone chair

for about three months.

It's the 27th Opal. A liason came from wherever. Thob went to meet with him and talk about the fort. I left the meetin'

early to go sit down and close my eyes for a while. Thob came by and told me later that he asked 'em to bring some wood,

peacocks and extra plump helmet seeds. Told him it was fine. Slept for a day.

It's Obsidian now. Year's almost up. Lot o' idlers around, but I can't think of enough jobs to give 'em. At least they

have some down-time. Still, we have a lot o' drink, a lot o' food, and enough beds for all the Dorfs around. No Gobbos

in a while.

When I woke up on the 27th Obsidian, me room was pitch black. I fumbled around for a while before I could find the door,

but it was locked. Pounded on it for a while. No one answered. No one let me out. I don't know how long it's been.

Someone must have jammed it right good, 'cause I can't get it open at all. Tried kicking me way out, but there's not

enough space to do it right. Startin' to get real hungry. I guess maybe I wasn't a popular overseer. This is what I

thought about doin' to Davey and Kogsak. Very thirsty. Still no light. Gave up tryin' to get out. Should be Spring by now.

Can hear Sankis sometimes. And Kogsak. Dorden and all the other Dorfs that died.

I want to go home. Maybe just take a nap instead.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

End of year 5.

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, thanks for sticking with me. This was a lot of fun. Feel free to let me out or let me die in-game. It just seemed like an inevitable ending from the way the year went, considering the way I write.

Some immediate issues that should be taken care: we have a lot of idlers right now. It'd be good to find them some jobs. We could also expand downwards. When we get more migrants, we can expand in other ways, but it's difficult to deal with Goblins with this few people, so keeping the fort sealed for now might be good. Other than that, we should get some logs, maybe better food. I didn't do a whole lot other than keeping everyone from dying, honestly. Economically, let's say.

Uploading the save now.

EDIT: Here it is. http://www.filedropper.com/successionfort

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#309  Edited By Shofixti

Thanks a ton Zombie, these have been the most character filled updates yet. I'll add them to the other thread when I get a chance and message the next player tonight. Your up next buddy! Be ready!

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Daveyo520

@Zombie_Shakespeare: Bravo Sir, great stuff.

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Seaborgium

I am in full agreement, these have been really evocative. These last two especially. So much despair.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By Shofixti

Samstrife is unable to take his turn due to a total lack of PC he accidentally destroyed!

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Shofixti

Next up is @Envane Ill send you a message officialy marking the start of your turn when I get off work

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shofixti said:

Samstrife is unable to take his turn due to a total lack of PC he accidentally destroyed!

Well, that's...Interesting.

So Envane is up next, then.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By envane

uhoh ... i forsaw that .. luckily im prepared , tho still incredibly scared

:P stay tuned

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#316  Edited By Video_Game_King

@envane said:

tho still incredibly scared

Don't worry; we all are. I had to abandon my practice fortress because everybody was starving to death and I couldn't set up a farm. Hopefully, I can use this to my advantage in my year.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Shofixti

@Video_Game_King said:

@envane said:

tho still incredibly scared

Don't worry; we all are. I had to abandon my practice fortress because everybody was starving to death and I couldn't set up a farm. Hopefully, I can use this to my advantage in my year.

I want to see you set up a secret police if it gets to your turn! Can you do that for me?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Shofixti:

My plan was digging up a labyrinth and trapping everybody within. How can I trap several dozen creatures in there with them?

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Shofixti

@Video_Game_King:

My first thought would be to trap them in cages first, then move the cages down to the pits before anybody ends up down there.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Shofixti:

I also saw something in the Dwarf Fortress wiki about an execution tower. Should I make that the only exit?

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By envane

okay .. seems ok .. getting things moving , will possibly have an update soon .. just a few questions

uhh what date was i starting on , i played for a bit and forgot to keep track , on the 24th of slate, year 58 now .. just lost track is all , if anyone can load up the save and tell me the date it is saved on , thatd be great , just so i dont overshoot and play for more or less than intended eheh

also .. how to get a quick appraiser , there is nobody with appriasal skills anymore so i dotn have a broker / any clue of wealth etc even tho seaborgium is an expert record keeper hehe ,

just got a new migrant wave , and nobody sEEMS to be tantruming . ( even zombie was doing ok (and i needed your skills so i freed you , you seemed unfazed) )

ill make an official update when i can be bothered writing more coherently

oh and i let the elk birds out

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Seaborgium

Zombie's screenshots place his turn as year 57, so you should be on the correct year, about ten months left to go.

As for appraisal, just nominate some idle schmuck as the broker and do a lot of trading. Unload a billion stone mugs if you have to, that'll help. Dwarf Therapist might also help you find out if anyone already has appraisal skill.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Daveyo520
    Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@envane said:

okay .. seems ok .. getting things moving , will possibly have an update soon .. just a few questions

uhh what date was i starting on , i played for a bit and forgot to keep track , on the 24th of slate, year 58 now .. just lost track is all , if anyone can load up the save and tell me the date it is saved on , thatd be great , just so i dont overshoot and play for more or less than intended eheh

also .. how to get a quick appraiser , there is nobody with appriasal skills anymore so i dotn have a broker / any clue of wealth etc even tho seaborgium is an expert record keeper hehe ,

just got a new migrant wave , and nobody sEEMS to be tantruming . ( even zombie was doing ok (and i needed your skills so i freed you , you seemed unfazed) )

ill make an official update when i can be bothered writing more coherently

oh and i let the elk birds out

I BELIEVE IN YOU HOMIE

YOU CAN DO IT

MAKE THE MAGIC

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By envane

Envane's Turn Update 1

What can i say , I remember scouting this location for the Mountainhome many years ago , It seemed like a very promising location filled with gold and obsidian and other dwarfly delights.

So you can understand my shock and disdain upon arrival , I knew there was problems with goblins and management kept changing hands each year due to the high stress of the position , but i didnt expect THIS MUCH BLOOD!

Corpses everywhere , an entire field stained with blood , and people puking in nestboxes.

No Caption Provided

at least the owners seemed to have a sense of humor , at the front gates stood a massive statue of what appeared to be a decapitated dwarf .. turns out it was just something the mysterious "sankis" had been working on , before he met his untimely end. I ordered a slab engraved in his honor , and placed it in the crotch of his creation , I thought of making it a memorial room , but apparently all the idle dwarves that could fit in sankis's crotch turned up instantaneously , although humorous i figured it was a bit unwise to have a meeting location so close to the gates.

No Caption Provided

Strangely enough , the majority of the living residents seemed pretty happy and content with their confinement within the burrows. I assessed the situation and since there appeared to be no goblins i allowed everyone out of the burrows and the fortress whirred into action.

I noticed out severe lack of wood , (who in their right mind made 2 dining rooms full of wooden tables and chairs. By Armok! we have obsidian and gold up the wazoo... So i made the judgement call to open the bridge and order some wood to be chopped , and for it to be hastily moved back inside , and off they went.

No Caption Provided

Shortly after lowering the bridge , we were greeted by some more eager migrants either too dumb,brave,or greedy to ignore the warnings. They showed little aptitude so i decided that they would become the new masons we needed to finish Sankis's Statue .

No Caption Provided

I had not got to know the dwarves very much by this point , but apparently we have been delegating some work to children. This seems to have worked well, and Vucar a child-mason , came up with some sort of insane plan and snuck off and claimed a workshop, I myself have never witnessed such a moody child, but im sure this fortress has aged him more than most children.

No Caption Provided

Well I cant say i haven't seen stranger things . theres something about the quality of work that makes the spikes look more enticing than menacing , and the image of a bin makes the industrial dwarf inside me want to store myself snugly within it.

No Caption Provided

For now things seem calm , ill maintain the military in order to stave off any more goblin threats , but i should be safe to gather more wood and build a new trade depot. Ive also designated some extensive mining , in particular im looking for hematite , and PLEASE ARMOK PLEASE something to make coke with , lest i burn all the wood for charcoal hehe. ive also started a grand chamber above our current layer to A. requistion more gold and obsidian , and B. build an opulent set of quarters for myself to reward myself for the toils yet to come , I shall take up the pick myself ad begin digging , i shall report in some months time.

End of part 1

Hehe , i sort of slackly rewrote this post as i stupidly closed the window earlier while weriting the first version , ... wow .. i clearly saw alot of evidence of goblins , but so far things have been super peaceful , i even let the elk birds out to cage them for a bit of excitement , which it really wasnt , i think ill try and get us some marksdwarves atraining , have plenty of bones :D

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat. I'm glad you're managing so far. Goblin invasion must be over at this point. How far in are you?

Also, your cropping skills are boss.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By envane

eheh right after that , gobliiins , 2 ambush partys were lurking about until the fuckign elves showed up :/

fun ensued , everythigns cool now , working on a much better military , at least ARMED

will update tomorrow :)

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Daveyo520

I am glad we are still going. It will take more than a few Goblins to get rid of this fort.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By envane

ack .. game crashed while i was writing up the next update , bah .. hopefully it plays out the same way ( will have to make the same "mistake" again tho ) and i can just use the majority of what i wrote again.

ohwell .. it wasnt that much actual time , still havent had a chance to trade to get some appraisal skill (yep NOBODY alive is even dabbling appraiser) so hopefully the goblins dont fuck up the human or dorf caravans ( if they are still coming )

all i managed in the elf trade was to get them all killed and some of our crafts stolen by thieves hehe

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dirty Elves got what was coming to them.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Shofixti

@Video_Game_King said:

@Shofixti:

I also saw something in the Dwarf Fortress wiki about an execution tower. Should I make that the only exit?

Death should be the only escape, yes.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Shofixti said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Shofixti:

Death should be the only escape, yes.

Then I shall dig a pool so deep that it spouts magma. LAVA FOUNTAIN!

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By envane

magma dont flow up :(

replaying .. no crashes .. more fun ... but tbh i think ive gotten things back on track too well its gonna be smooth sailing until vgk murders us all:/

if i get enuff steel mabye we will make some screw pumps to facilitate the magma getting to the surface

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By jesterroyal

*cough cough* You know the game doesn't have to end with vgk. *cough cough*

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By envane

Envane's Turn Update 2 of 3

What can i say , Alot of stuff has happened since i last reported , we had a bunch of new migrants , we had seen hide nor hair of the goblin menace until the blasted elves turned up and i opened the bridge to trade with them , as i was desperate to put Seaborgium up to the task of becoming a broker. As soon as the bridge was lowered , we had reports of 2 goblin master thieves who had spied us unloading the goods.

No Caption Provided

The dwarves scattered , mostly making it inside , i scurried the military into action , then as the elves came closer to the depot , multiple ambush parties attacked! , they were more concerned with the elves and luckily chased them around for a while giving the military time to assemble at the bridge. Davey proved extremely lucky as he was caught outside and had chosen to run around the goblins the long way , i was worried for a bit but he was a hardy miner and was able to make it back in time before the scuffle broke out.

Run Davey run !
    Run Davey run !

Unfortunately For us and for the dwarves in the military , I had not inspected them other than witnessing them sparring , I did not expect them to get EVISCERATED by the thieves. Wrists were slashed , thighs were cut and in a few moments 3 out of 4 members of the squad were either bleeding to death or immobilized. They had forgotten to don full armor and only one of them was carrying a weapon. Luckily it was the brave Sibrek , who charged at them with his bronze battle axe and cleaved ones head off and sent the other flying into the moat ,which struggled underwater for a while then drowned. Sibrek was over-exerted afterwards and retired to the hospital , leaving the elves to their doom which was swift. However they managed to chase off enough goblins before dying that only a few made it to the gates and were promptly hit in the head with rocks . We were victorious but at the cost of our entire active military except for Sibrek who must have been extremely depressed , as he went missing and was later found drowned in the well. Perhaps he wanted to fight the master thief once more.

Thats why i stick to wine.
    Thats why i stick to wine.

Reeling from the attack , Thob , the mayor , Mandated the crafting of quivers. That got me set on establishing a real military. I drafted 4 dwarves who showed aptitude already for the crossbow and built them an archery range and updated the barracks. The mayor then forbid the export of coffins , which had been mass produced to meet the sudden demand. I assured him they were all needed for our own dead as I established what ended up being several large memorial chambers and mausoleums.

No Caption Provided

In an effort to get a military trained fast i turned to dwarven science. I ordered a room to be filled to the brim with wooden training spears protruding from every surface. They were then linked to a lever enabling them to be triggered and reset repatedly. While i was busy gathering iron and smelting it and creating armor and weapons for a few small squads , I had "Zombie" volunteer to be the test dwarf for the program , as he had only recently been exhumed from his own locked room , he didnt object to being locked into a new room. Seaborgium was happy to operate the lever while zombie spent a good day or 2 being poked by spears. We decided to let him out when he got hungry unsure of the results. He strode out deftly flexing his muscles and gave a little demonstration on dodging and swung his axe around his head in a manner only a legendary axedwarf would. Great Success!

No Caption Provided

As the equipment for more squads was created , more participants were selected , i soon had 3 legendary squads ready for action , which was quite soon. A human caravan arrived and another attempt to teach Seaborgium the appraisal skill with it. I sent out the Marksdwarves to defend from across the moat as the inevitable ambush party descended upon the caravan.

No Caption Provided

Embarrassingly , the marksdwarves had only brought their training bolts and proceeded to waste them rapidly to no effect. Thankfully the humans knew how to defend themselves and made it to the depot mostly intact so I sent the marksdwarves back in dejectedtly to gather the correct ammo while the melee squads eagerly rushed to meet their new challengers. Despite a few minor injuries , the dwarves struck terror into the goblins and decimated their 3 seperate ambush parties driving off or decapitating them across the entire field. We surely collected the debt of blood owed to us by the goblins that day.

No Caption Provided

Along with our victory , Seaborgium had ample time to learn his brokerage , trading oodles of obsidian trinkets we had made , i eagerly awaited the dwarves , and made sure the military was intact and left them to their own training schedules once more , practicing their orginizational skills and tactics that cant be poked into you . I will return to the mines , we shall soon have a sizeable amount of steel , the only thing holding us back is the rate at which we gather wood , I wont be surprised if we anger the elves because it looks like we will need each and every tree in this area.

Continuing construction projects include Sankis's statue, a water wheel power generator for magma pump operation, and more mining,dumping,smoothing and hauling, than you can possibly have dwarven nightmares about.

I must rest for a while before we greet our dwarven buddies that shall surely arrive soon to trade, .. until then , please dont drown in the well.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Video_Game_King

@jesterroyal said:

Yes it does! *ignores your disease because that's the type of ruler I will be*

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Video_Game_King said:

@jesterroyal said:

Yes it does! *ignores your disease because that's the type of ruler I will be*

Far too majestic to acknowledge such an insult, eh?

Anyway, I really liked this update. Can't wait for your next one.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#338  Edited By Ravenlight

@envane said:

.. until then , please dont drown in the well.

I laughed.

It's good to see that the army is slowly becoming a competent force rather than a reckless, ineffective suicide squad.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Daveyo520

@envane: Weee I run!

PS What year is it in your game?

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By envane

its the 58th yeah .. currently just waiting for winter to finish

got a lil problem here .. it wont let me post my update .. dunno why .. some formatting issue with the pictures ? is there a max length ? i just hit post reply and nothing happens at all.

scratch that , it was just kindly not letting me post while my images were completely borked . was extremely frustrating for a moment tho.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By envane

Envane's Turn update 3 of 3

As expected , Autumn brought with it more migrants and the dwarven caravan, which we were eager to trade with . Apparently there had been a liaison hiding in a tree on the edge of our clearing for the past year or so already, awaiting his rescue by another caravan. As the traders unloaded at the depot, so too came the goblins , sending in their stealthy thieves to try to breach our defenses , But this time we were more than ready.

No Caption Provided

The marksdwarves rained bolts along with the caravan guards as zombie and his axedwarves did what they do best , cleave heads clean off. Its probably unwise to fight so close to the bridge however as by the end of this season of blood, we had a dozen corpses floating beneath the bridge. The newfound military success seemed to inspire one of our dwarves into a fey mood , in which he crafted an astounding green glass weapon rack. He was a bit dejected when i told him it was too good to actually be used as a weapon rack, nevertheless it would make a good decoration.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As autumn wound up, we prepared for the long winter. As had become a tradition in the fort, I was being relived of my dutys at the end of the year. I must say i had alot more work to do , but only so little time , so we doubled down efforts and began the mass hauling and busywork that i had left undone. We gathered up as much wood as possible . Finished sankis's statue albeit with a rush of random stone that was as close as possible, I'm sure he wouldn't mind it looking a bit patchy. I also had constructed over the year a power generator using water wheels, unfortunately i had no real use for the power apart from routing it to the workshops to power some millstones which i still haven't ordered to be placed. But it still looked impressive. I ordered a series of steel corkscrews made to facilitate a future magma pump or device along those lines.

Those boards dont work on water UNLESS YOU GOT POWER
    Those boards dont work on water UNLESS YOU GOT POWER

Much more grand in design is the grand chambers i have been digging and smoothing for the entire time I have been here , id like to fill it with a zoo and possible more things but even the most diligent dwarf can only wor so much. Regardless behold my royal chambers and the grand combined statue garden and dining hall alongside the swanky new barracks and archery ranges.

No Caption Provided

As Winter rolled by we were granted one last spot of entertainment , Kobolds!. As we were letting the drawbridge up because we expected no visitors in the wintertime, apparently we disturbed the kobold ambush party that was hiding right next to it

No Caption Provided
    They mostly dead within the minute.
    They mostly dead within the minute.

That was the last significant event during my leadership , i retired as a leader and went back to mining. I look forward to prosperity to come, barring an unforeseen disaster Shimmeroiled shall become a grand mountainhome.

Heres the final "score"

The marksdwarves became hammer lords fyi
    The marksdwarves became hammer lords fyi

And according to the figures , we are clean out of meat and fish , we have several massive stockpiles of prepared meals however , and SO MUCH WINE.. if anything we need to focus on breeding some meat worthy animals , or hunting more often..

***** HERE is the zipped save ****

I'll pm Shofixti and whoever's next can prepare themselves , apart from what i feel was cheating a bit with the military buffing chamber .. i put in a crapton of work , so at least id like to see someone continue that effort , never got around to getting the magma up topside , so the magma forges are VERY deep , hence the food and drink down there. i wanted to build an artificial sun , i.e a giant glass sphere filled with magma , then have it hooked up to a set of support pillars above the fort , awaiting VGK to bring it crashing down ... but no way did i even get around to requisitioning any amount of glass , we have a legendary glassmaker now tho so it might be an option .. I also couldn't be bothered getting overseer so sankis will have to photograph his statue himself .. the files are there .. anyway this was fun if not stressful, good luck to the rest.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Shofixti

Thanks a ton Envane, I think it's fairly obvious that you've reached the pinnacle of our fortress so far... Actually, It's so impressive I worry that there's no way I'll be able to keep up with it come my turn! I'm updating the threads and messaging now!

Consider this your early warning.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Shofixti
    The Inventions of Envane mark a high point in Dwarven engineering around the Settlement
    The Inventions of Envane mark a high point in Dwarven engineering around the Settlement
    The Statue Of Sankis is known far and wide among all the Continent of Distractions
    The Statue Of Sankis is known far and wide among all the Continent of Distractions
    Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Akyho

Ack! So soon? It always seemed so long till this day came! Very will i shall lead us to doom!..I mean propseritatuokpofkl;g that word thats not in the dwarven dictitaitory...neither is ndiciutuoartyu;.

Shofixti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Shofixti
    It's currently unknown if Shimmeroiled is suffering a clothing crisis, or becoming the first Dwarven Nudist colony
    It's currently unknown if Shimmeroiled is suffering a clothing crisis, or becoming the first Dwarven Nudist colony
    The dead vastly outnumber the living in the halls of Shimmeroiled
    The dead vastly outnumber the living in the halls of Shimmeroiled
    Sankis's statue stands as a testament to the resilience of the Dwarven people
    Sankis's statue stands as a testament to the resilience of the Dwarven people
    Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Seaborgium

Glorious.

Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lookin' good, fort.

Nice work, Envane. Definitely the high point so far in our home's prosperity.

But all those coffins. Damn.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Daveyo520

I decided to kill all the fort in my universe last night. I kept getting migrants and things were going too well. So I dug too deep and had some fun.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Daveyo520 said:

So I dug too deep and had some fun.

Magma fountains?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Daveyo520

@Video_Game_King: more like giant spiders made of brine and devils made of snow and some made of fire. Also poisonous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.