Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment America

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment America is the North American subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment. SIEA is responsible for publishing and marketing Sony's hardware and software in that region.

Should Sony FINALLY discontinue the PS2?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:
    " Any time is to much. Drop the PS2 and focus 100% on the PS3. That is what Microsoft is doing with Original Xbox Live. "
    Sony published a whopping three games for the PS2 last year, all of which were ports of games designed for the PSP.  They do pretty much nothing to support the system aside from producing it, giving people licenses to make games for it and selling to people who want it and yet it's their most profitable device.  And you think they should kill it because Microsoft killed the Xbox, something they did because THEY WERE LOSING MONEY ON EVERY CONSOLE SOLD AND WERE NEVER GOING TO CATCH UP WITH THE PS2 OR BECOME PROFITABLE IN ANY WAY SO THEY DECIDED TO HEDGE THEIR BETS ON STARTING THE NEXT GENERATION EARLY AND BEING SUCCESSFUL WITH THE 360 .  

I swear to God, you are simplicity at its finest.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By K0rN
    @Sinatra said:
    "I think was cool how they were continuing it but I think it is time to put it to rest.  "

Why can't you guys listen to this?
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By Turambar
    @iAmJohn said:
    I swear to God, you are simplicity at its finest. "
    Dude, you just compared him to Tetris.  I think you need to apologize.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#154  Edited By Jeust
    @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    "I think was cool how they were continuing it but I think it is time to put it to rest.  "
    Why can't you guys listen to this? "
    Because we love the ps2 too much!
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    Why? What purpose would that serve?
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By iamjohn
    @Turambar said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    I swear to God, you are simplicity at its finest. "
    Dude, you just compared him to Tetris.  I think you need to apologize. "
    Oh God, what was I thinking?! 

I'm really sorry, Tetris.  It will never happen again.  You know I love you, baby.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Turambar
    @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    Because there is no reasoning to back up what he's thinking?
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#158  Edited By Skald
    @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    "Why is this pile of shit thread still up? The point has been made clear that this idiot doesn't have the slightest idea what he is talking about. Don't try to explain 8th grade economics to him if he acts like he is still in the 5th grade. "
    Go lick you Mom's cunt. The only reason the PS2 exists is for shitty licensed games and the PS2 is taking up time that Sony could be using for the PS3 or PSP. "
    That act of incest is almost as blasphemous as the latter statement. Seriously, jackass, shut up. You are making yourself look like a total failure in every aspect possible.   No Logic? Check.  Not Able to Use Any Statistic? Check. Ignorance? Check.  Lack in Ability to Argue? Double Check. "
    The 6th gen needs to end. It takes up Sony's time to focus on the PS2 when they should be focusing on the PS3 and PSP currently. I didn't hear anyone here going on like this when Microsoft announced that original Xbox Live is going to be shut down, they were saying "About time". It's like that with the PS2. "
    I couldn't help but notice that Sony had more successful first party titles than Microsoft last year. Maybe that's because they ARE NOT FOCUSING ON THE PS2 LIKE YOU KEEP CLAIMING. Your statistics are obviously made up as you go along, and your only motivation appears to be Xbox fanboyism and a complete lack of sense and arguing ability. Nobody is forcing you to buy a PS2, so I don't see the nature of your problem.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By K0rN
    @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    Because we love the ps2 too much! "

So? It's not like your PS2 would stop working!
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    So? It's not like your PS2 would stop working! "
    That obviously was not a serious response.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Jeust
    @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    No but, it's like the adagio: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."  

If there is no good reason to let the console die, let's keep it.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By K0rN
    @extremeradical said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    "Why is this pile of shit thread still up? The point has been made clear that this idiot doesn't have the slightest idea what he is talking about. Don't try to explain 8th grade economics to him if he acts like he is still in the 5th grade. "
    Go lick you Mom's cunt. The only reason the PS2 exists is for shitty licensed games and the PS2 is taking up time that Sony could be using for the PS3 or PSP. "
    That act of incest is almost as blasphemous as the latter statement. Seriously, jackass, shut up. You are making yourself look like a total failure in every aspect possible.   No Logic? Check.  Not Able to Use Any Statistic? Check. Ignorance? Check.  Lack in Ability to Argue? Double Check. "
    The 6th gen needs to end. It takes up Sony's time to focus on the PS2 when they should be focusing on the PS3 and PSP currently. I didn't hear anyone here going on like this when Microsoft announced that original Xbox Live is going to be shut down, they were saying "About time". It's like that with the PS2. "
    I couldn't help but notice that Sony had more successful first party titles than Microsoft last year. Maybe that's because they ARE NOT FOCUSING ON THE PS2 LIKE YOU KEEP CLAIMING. Your statistics are obviously made up as you go along, and your only motivation appears to be Xbox fanboyism and a complete lack of sense and arguing ability. Nobody is forcing you to buy a PS2, so I don't see the nature of your problem. "

Yeah I am an Xbox fanboy yet I just happen to own a PS2 and PS3. Dumbass.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @K0rN said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    I couldn't help but notice that Sony had more successful first party titles than Microsoft last year. Maybe that's because they ARE NOT FOCUSING ON THE PS2 LIKE YOU KEEP CLAIMING. Your statistics are obviously made up as you go along, and your only motivation appears to be Xbox fanboyism and a complete lack of sense and arguing ability. Nobody is forcing you to buy a PS2, so I don't see the nature of your problem. "
    Yeah I am an Xbox fanboy yet I just happen to own a PS2 and PS3. Dumbass. "
    Why do you feel the need to ignore his main point? Is it because you are unable to form a proper response?
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By K0rN
    @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    No but, it's like the adagio: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."   If there is no good reason to let the console die, let's keep it. "

Original Xbox Live wasn't broken but they are shutting it down.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By K0rN
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    Why do you feel the need to ignore his main point? Is it because you are unable to form a proper response? "

Because he was calling me an Xbox fanboy when I own a PS2, PSP and PS3.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Jeust
    @K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:

" @K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:

" @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    No but, it's like the adagio: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."   If there is no good reason to let the console die, let's keep it. "
    Original Xbox Live wasn't broken but they are shutting it down. "
    But it happened due to a commercial point of view. Almost nobody cares for the original xbox, and Microsoft thought that they would increase profit if they just let the internet service for the original xbox die, and focus on the 360. A sound strategy.  

Sony on the other hand profits from the ps2, with slim to no support, so why kill it? And the psp games, have another console in which to thrive.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:

" Original Xbox Live wasn't broken but they are shutting it down. "

And you know why?  Because it and Xbox Live on 360 use the same infrastructure and Xbox 1 support has been holding them back for years because it is, unlike Xbox Live on 360, unmodular.  This is common fucking knowledge.  Meanwhile, the minimal support they give to PS2 does not affect any of their PS3 or PSP plans and they still make a ton of bank off of every system sold; and yet you think they should stop producing the system.  

@K0rN said: 
    " Because he was calling me an Xbox fanboy when I own a PS2, PSP and PS3. "
    Translation: I don't actually have a response to any of his valid points so I'm just going to focus on him calling me a fanboy as if that was enough.
    Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Famov

I want them to discontinue the PS2, so that it can be clearenced and I can buy one at an absurdly low price and feel good about myself and the discount with which I purchased an impressive game library.  

Of course, I've been saying that for years now. Why will it not die!?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#169  Edited By Skald
    @K0rN said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    Why do you feel the need to ignore his main point? Is it because you are unable to form a proper response? "
    Because he was calling me an Xbox fanboy when I own a PS2, PSP and PS3. "
    You can own all the consoles you want, it doesn't stop you from being a fanboy. 

And I suggest you stop insulting people. You clearly can't stand to lose the credibility.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By K0rN
    @Jeust said:
    "@K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:

" @K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    But it happened due to a commercial point of view. Almost nobody cares for the original xbox, and Microsoft thought that they would increase profit if they just let the internet service for the original xbox die, and focus on the 360. A sound strategy.   Sony on the other hand profits from the ps2, with slim to none support, so why kill it? And the psp games, have another console in which to thrive. "

Would you be against the idea of the Xbox 360 still having games made for it in the Xbox 720/PS4/Zii generation? I am going to guess "yes".
    smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By smallville123

i say yes,  let developers stop having to shell out money to develop for it (yes i know its cheap to program for now)

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @K0rN: Dude, posing a question and then denying any answer but your own is not a discussion, it's a shouting match. 
     The next time you post something be ready to have a discussion and consider other points of view. 
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By K0rN
    @extremeradical said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Fr0Br0 said:
    Because he was calling me an Xbox fanboy when I own a PS2, PSP and PS3. "
    You can own all the consoles you want, it doesn't stop you from being a fanboy.  And I suggest you stop insulting people. You clearly can't stand to lose the credibility. "

No a fanboy is someone who plays the console exclusively and blindly bashes other consoles. (See PS3 trolls)
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:
    " Would you be against the idea of the Xbox 360 still having games made for it in the Xbox 720/PS4/Zii generation? I am going to guess "yes". "
    Arguably two of thebest PS2 games were released after the PS3 was already out.  So where the fuck are you even coming from?
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Turambar
    @K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:

" @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    If the original xbox live is the reason why the buddy list for the 360's XBL is being capped at 100, according to some, then it is in fact broken.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By canucks23

Wow... this thread has just turned into a clusterfuck of fanboyism. Should've been expected i guess.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By K0rN
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " Would you be against the idea of the Xbox 360 still having games made for it in the Xbox 720/PS4/Zii generation? I am going to guess "yes". "
    Arguably two of thebest PS2 games were released after the PS3 was already out.  So where the fuck are you even coming from? "

GOWII maybe but P4 why? When there is FFXIII coming out?
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:
    " GOWII maybe but P4 why? "
    Because it's an excellent fucking game and many people (including myself) consider it the best RPG ever created, if not one of the best games of all time?  And what does FF13 have to do with P4 being a beloved game?
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Turambar
    @K0rN said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " @K0rN said:
    Arguably two of thebest PS2 games were released after the PS3 was already out.  So where the fuck are you even coming from? "
    GOWII maybe but P4 why? When there is FFXIII coming out? "
    Wait, are you actually saying Persona 4 didn't need to come out because of FFXIII?  You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper my friend.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Jeust
    @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    "@K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:

" @K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    But it happened due to a commercial point of view. Almost nobody cares for the original xbox, and Microsoft thought that they would increase profit if they just let the internet service for the original xbox die, and focus on the 360. A sound strategy.   Sony on the other hand profits from the ps2, with slim to none support, so why kill it? And the psp games, have another console in which to thrive. "
    Would you be against the idea of the Xbox 360 still having games made for it in the Xbox 720/PS4/Zii generation? I am going to guess "yes". "
    It depends... If the people still cared for the 360, why not?

I don't support a more expensive technology without any or with reduced benefit. The ps2 has the best library of any console in the market, and at a very cheap price. You have dozens of hits in it... unlike in the newer consoles where most games are expensive and don't have the quality desired. 
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By K0rN
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @K0rN said:
    Because it's an excellent fucking game and many people (including myself) consider it the best RPG ever created, if not one of the best games of all time?  And what does FF13 have to do with P4 being a beloved game? "

That its new, more advanced AND is also a JRPG. Since we are talking about RPGs in general now then I just have to say that Oblivion kicks the shit out of P4.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#182  Edited By frankxiv

but why does that not apply to god of war 2 with god of war 3 coming out? or god of war collection?

your argument of "everyone should play the newest and best everything at all times" is extremely flawed.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By K0rN
    @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    "@K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:

" @K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    Would you be against the idea of the Xbox 360 still having games made for it in the Xbox 720/PS4/Zii generation? I am going to guess "yes". "
    It depends... If the people still cared for the 360, why not? I don't support a more expensive technology without any or with reduced benefit. The ps2 has the best library of any console in the market, and at a very cheap price. You have dozens of hits in it... unlike in the newer consoles where most games are expensive and don't have the quality desired.  "

I hate to break it to you but NONE of those games have aged well by todays standards.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:

" That its new, more advanced AND is also a JRPG. Since we are talking about RPGs in general now then I just have to say that Oblivion kicks the shit out of P4. "

And yet despite the fact that it's new, more advanced AND also a JRPG, Persona 4 is still considered the best RPG ever created by a lot of people, as if the fact that Final Fantasy 13 exists somehow invalidates the existence of P4.  Funny that. 

Also, considering Oblivion is shit and Fallout 3 is light years better, I find it hard to believe that Oblivion is better than P4. 

@K0rN said: 

" I hate to break it to you but NONE of those games have aged well by todays standards. "

So what was the last PS2 game you played, Mr. Baseless Definitive Statements?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Jeust
    @K0rN said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " @K0rN said:
    Because it's an excellent fucking game and many people (including myself) consider it the best RPG ever created, if not one of the best games of all time?  And what does FF13 have to do with P4 being a beloved game? "
    That its new, more advanced AND is also a JRPG. Since we are talking about RPGs in general now then I just have to say that Oblivion kicks the shit out of P4. "
    Being newer has nothing to do with being more advanced. As a game Persona 4 will probably kick FFXIII out of the water.  

And Oblivion and P4 are completely different games.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Turambar
    @K0rN said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " @K0rN said:
    That its new, more advanced AND is also a JRPG. Since we are talking about RPGs in general now then I just have to say that Oblivion kicks the shit out of P4. "
    Yes, because the plot and gameplay of both games are completely the same, making them interchangeable with each other, totally.   

When was the last time I heard something this stupid...
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By K0rN
    @onimonkii said:
    "but why does that not apply to god of war 2 with god of war 3 coming out? or god of war collection?  your argument of "everyone should play the newest and best everything at all times" is extremely flawed. "

I would like to bring up that I could personally promise you that if the PS3 didn't have such a horrible launch, people would stop giving a shit about the PS2.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:
    " I would like to bring up that I could personally promise you that if the PS3 didn't have such a horrible launch, people would stop giving a shit about the PS2. "
    Based on what?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Jeust
    @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Jeust said:
    "@K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:

" @K0rN said:

" @Jeust said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @Sinatra said:
    It depends... If the people still cared for the 360, why not? I don't support a more expensive technology without any or with reduced benefit. The ps2 has the best library of any console in the market, and at a very cheap price. You have dozens of hits in it... unlike in the newer consoles where most games are expensive and don't have the quality desired.  "
    I hate to break it to you but NONE of those games have aged well by todays standards. "
    What game ages well? 

Despite that many quality games are in older generations, and still some surpass the games released nowadays. FFXIII aparently isn't not much to behold in comparison to earlier entries in the FF series. Graphics aren't everything. 
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Turambar
    @K0rN said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    "but why does that not apply to god of war 2 with god of war 3 coming out? or god of war collection?  your argument of "everyone should play the newest and best everything at all times" is extremely flawed. "
    I would like to bring up that I could personally promise you that if the PS3 didn't have such a horrible launch, people would stop giving a shit about the PS2. "
    I could personally promise you you're wrong.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By K0rN
    @iAmJohn said:
    "@K0rN said:

" That its new, more advanced AND is also a JRPG. Since we are talking about RPGs in general now then I just have to say that Oblivion kicks the shit out of P4. "

And yet despite the fact that it's new, more advanced AND also a JRPG, Persona 4 is still considered the best RPG ever created by a lot of people, as if the fact that Final Fantasy 13 exists somehow invalidates the existence of P4.  Funny that. 

Also, considering Oblivion is shit and Fallout 3 is light years better, I find it hard to believe that Oblivion is better than P4. 

@K0rN said: 

" I hate to break it to you but NONE of those games have aged well by todays standards. "

So what was the last PS2 game you played, Mr. Baseless Definitive Statements?
    "

Oblivion>Fallout 3 

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas last week. 

*Poor Graphics 

*Poor Controls 

*Powerless Weapons 

*Bad Audio Quality 

That is just one game but if I actually had the patience I would tear other PS2 games to pieces.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By frankxiv
    @K0rN said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    I would like to bring up that I could personally promise you that if the PS3 didn't have such a horrible launch, people would stop giving a shit about the PS2. "
    and i'd like to bring up that trying to change the subject doesn't prove anything. you can't just say "yeah well ps3 launch" and expect it to invalidate everything anyone says.

how much do you want to bet the 360 would have had a similar launch to the ps3 IF microsoft had not put the xbox to sleep when it did? the 360 launch lineup wasn't as good as you think it was.

you don't even care about the ps2, you just want to bring up the ps3 launch over and over and get into pissing matches. but it's cool you're not a fanboy, you own all kinds of consoles, that totally means something, it's not like the old "i'm not racist, i have black friends" at all.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By K0rN
    @onimonkii said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    and i'd like to bring up that trying to change the subject doesn't prove anything. you can't just say "yeah well ps3 launch" and expect it to invalidate everything anyone says.  how much do you want to bet the 360 would have had a similar launch to the ps3 IF microsoft had not put the xbox to sleep when it did? the 360 launch lineup wasn't as good as you think it was.  you don't even care about the ps2, you just want to bring up the ps3 launch over and over and get into pissing matches. but it's cool you're not a fanboy, you own all kinds of consoles, that totally means something, it's not like the old "i'm not racist, i have black friends" at all. "

I was refering to how you and that other dude were saying how people stopped giving a shit about the Xbox when the Xbox 360 launched. The PS3 had a horrible launch and that is why people to this day, care about the PS2.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:
    " Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas last week.  *Poor Graphics  *Poor Controls  *Powerless Weapons  *Bad Audio Quality  That is just one game but if I actually had the patience I would tear other PS2 games to pieces. "
    I would make the argument, as someone who played every GTA based on III on PC, that playing it on PS2 or Xbox always sucked because the games ran like garbage and had awful controls compared to free-aim and WASD on PC.  And also that San Andreas was a mess of a game anyway and Vice City is better.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By K0rN
    @Turambar said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " @K0rN said:
    Yes, because the plot and gameplay of both games are completely the same, making them interchangeable with each other, totally.     When was the last time I heard something this stupid... "

They are both RPGs.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By frankxiv
    @K0rN said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    and i'd like to bring up that trying to change the subject doesn't prove anything. you can't just say "yeah well ps3 launch" and expect it to invalidate everything anyone says.  how much do you want to bet the 360 would have had a similar launch to the ps3 IF microsoft had not put the xbox to sleep when it did? the 360 launch lineup wasn't as good as you think it was.  you don't even care about the ps2, you just want to bring up the ps3 launch over and over and get into pissing matches. but it's cool you're not a fanboy, you own all kinds of consoles, that totally means something, it's not like the old "i'm not racist, i have black friends" at all. "
    I was refering to how you and that other dude were saying how people stopped giving a shit about the Xbox when the Xbox 360 launched. The PS3 had a horrible launch and that is why people to this day, care about the PS2. "
    but i never said that? the ps3 launch has nothing to do with people caring about the ps2. it does have a lot to do with this negative stigma the ps3 has had to overcome, where people have to realize it's not 2007, and there's actually games to play on it, and reasons to own it.

people still care about the ps2 because they're not ready to buy any new consoles, and there's still games they haven't played, or still enjoy playing on it.

i'm sure the xbox is the same way, i have like 5 friends who still use their xbox as a media center, but there's no new games for it, so it's hard to care about it beyond that.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By K0rN
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas last week.  *Poor Graphics  *Poor Controls  *Powerless Weapons  *Bad Audio Quality  That is just one game but if I actually had the patience I would tear other PS2 games to pieces. "
    I would make the argument, as someone who played every GTA based on III on PC, that playing it on PS2 or Xbox always sucked because the games ran like garbage and had awful controls compared to free-aim and WASD on PC.  And also that San Andreas was a mess of a game anyway and Vice City is better. "

Keeping in mind that is just ONE game that hasn't aged well, I haven't torn others yet. 

People saying that the PS2 has better quality games in this day and age is a complete lie, none of those games compare to newer games.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Turambar
    @onimonkii: He's not a fanboy.  He's just dumb. ;)
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By iamjohn
    @K0rN said:

" I was refering to how you and that other dude were saying how people stopped giving a shit about the Xbox when the Xbox 360 launched. The PS3 had a horrible launch and that is why people to this day, care about the PS2. "

The reason people still care about the PS2 is because Sony kept supporting it.  If Microsoft kept supporting the Xbox, guess what!  People would care about that too! 

But they didn't.  They stopped producing new systems as soon as the 360 was announced and published their last Xbox game two months before the 360's launch. 

@K0rN said: 

" Keeping in mind that is just ONE game that hasn't aged well, I haven't torn others yet.  People saying that the PS2 has better quality games in this day and age is a complete lie, none of those games compare to newer games. "

Well let's hear it.  I'll be glad to come up with counter-examples.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By K0rN
    @Turambar said:
    " @onimonkii: He's not a fanboy.  He's just dumb. ;) "

Fuck you, I never limited myself to one console like all of you did (That refering to the PS2.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.