Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Corporation

Company »

Since its 1946 founding, Sony has risen from an innovative Japanese electronics company to one of the leading mass media conglomerates around. Like its movie studio and music biz sister-corps, the SCEI divisions (and the PlayStation family) have been huge successes for Sony and its brand recognition worldwide.

Sony Stock Downgraded to Junk Status - Finally!

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

The Sony corporation has finally got their stock value downgraded to junk.

A kick well deserved seeing as this company has done nothing for gaming or even the electronics industry for the past five years.

Their junk status stock goes into full affect soon and hopefully they go down for good.

What say you guys?

Link and Proof

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cannonballbam

@KaosAngel: Someone doesn't like playing Uncharted online.

edit: I have never heard of someone so excited for future unemployment before.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I like the PS3 and it's games quite a bit. I'm sorry for them.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laserbolts

Why would you want Sony to be done? What would you gain from that?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @laserbolts
    Because he's a troll.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

@cannonballBAM: @SethPhotopoulos: @laserbolts: That's what Sony gets for disrespecting fans for that shit of a roster for All-Stars. Plus I got the pre-order costume code for the game from Amazon and it doesn't even work on the Vita.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Flappy

@MariachiMacabre said:

@laserbolts
    Because he's a troll.

Say it ain't so!

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cannonballbam

@KaosAngel: Irregardless of my comment earlier, that is really childish. Either your trolling or that is the worse excuse for retribution against a multi-million dollar company housing hundreds of thousands of jobs worldwide. Your an idiot.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By FancySoapsMan

This is a dumb thread.

You are a dumb person.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

@cannonballBAM: Maybe so good sir, but how can you have a game called "PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS" and NOT have a single Squaresoft character or anyone from the god damn 90s that made the fucking brand.

Regardless, Sony made their mistake and I for one can't wait to see how Sony tries to spin this in the coming week. Hopefully they wake the fuck up now or better yet someone like Google, Microsoft, or Apple buys them up and fixes it for them.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By George_Hukas

@KaosAngel said:

A kick well deserved seeing as this company has done nothing for gaming or even the electronics industry for the past five years.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

@FancySoapsMan: This is a pretty serious issue. I don't think you understand just how serious this is when it comes to the future of anything Sony related. A lot of bad shit will happen in the coming weeks and a lot of people will be losing jobs....a lot.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@KaosAngel said:

@cannonballBAM: @SethPhotopoulos: @laserbolts: That's what Sony gets for disrespecting fans for that shit of a roster for All-Stars. Plus I got the pre-order costume code for the game from Amazon and it doesn't even work on the Vita.

For a user with so many posts, I am surprised by the level of flaming here. Competition is always good, hoping a company goes under just because of your own preferences is childish at best.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Canteu

@KaosAngel: Waitagoddamnminute...I thought you said yourself you weren't going to troll anymore because of work!

You lied to us all Kaos!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel

@BestUsernameEver: Is it though? Seriously compare what Microsoft has done for gaming this generation and then look at Sony. I'm sorry but the truth is that Microsoft has done more positives these past 6 years than Sony did. Microsoft unified the system for making games on PC, standardized the controller for it, perfected online and just pushed everything further into the future where it needs to be.

Sony has been riding off the high of the PS2 and has made shit mistake after shit mistake. Their electronics are overpriced pieces of shit, their android phones don't even have 3.0 or 4.0, and they are still making the same mistakes.

Their own arrogance fucked them up and it's finally good that someone slapped them across the fact to wake the fuck up and fix their shit.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Freshbandito

I'm not sure whether the topic creator thought his posts were funny or if he really believes his vitriol. Either way it's mainly their television arm that's making huge losses for them, their videogame hardware/software sections are about all they have going for them right now so this thread's logic seems entirely askew.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox

This news downgrades my junk's status. I had a raging erection before clicking, but now I'm absolutely flaccid.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel

@Canteu said:

@KaosAngel: Waitagoddamnminute...I thought you said yourself you weren't going to troll anymore because of work!

You lied to us all Kaos!

Not trolling, had to spin it and it had to come with a catchy title. It worked and hopefully people see how serious it is. First thing I learned from my mentor Jim Sterling, make sure your title is catchy and people read it so they know what's going on.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

You're a Pizza.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@KaosAngel said:

@BestUsernameEver: Is it though? Seriously compare what Microsoft has done for gaming this generation and then look at Sony. I'm sorry but the truth is that Microsoft has done more positives these past 6 years than Sony did. Microsoft unified the system for making games on PC, standardized the controller for it, perfected online and just pushed everything further into the future where it needs to be.

Sony has been riding off the high of the PS2 and has made shit mistake after shit mistake. Their electronics are overpriced pieces of shit, their android phones don't even have 3.0 or 4.0, and they are still making the same mistakes.

Their own arrogance fucked them up and it's finally good that someone slapped them across the fact to wake the fuck up and fix their shit.

And yet they have the cross play promotion where you get a vita or ps3 copy for free with one purchase, they have free online with no ads, compared to microsoft's ad riddled payed online service. They make good android phones, and are at least putting something out there for mobile gaming, sure it's not good, but it's a hell of a lot better than Nintendo's mobile efforts (nothing). You can hate on Sony all day, in fact I am not a big fan of them in general, but they're a tech company that makes good products and services. Wishing doom on something that doesn't align with your narrow views means nothing to me, and shouldn't have been made into a thread. Have a good day.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Canteu

@KaosAngel: Sure, right. But damn Kaos if this isn't trolling I don't know what is.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By ProfessorEss

I don't want Sony to die per se but I do have to wonder if this will finally make them realize that they are no longer the high-end, boutique electronics manufacturer that they were back in the 80's.

I understand being proud of your product and trying to push yourself as a premium brand but a lot of their products no longer back this claim up and it seems most people have realized that their stuff is not worth the price they're asking and that you can can an equal (or often better) product for much less.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KaosAngel

@BestUsernameEver: Cross-Buy is recent, the people who look over stock for Sony look over everything. TVs, Electronics, gaming, mobile, etc...Sony Android phones aren't selling like they planned and it doesn't help they use really old versions of Android. TV is falling like a rock. Music is barely making profit and they only have the gaming division...and even with that they fucked up and lost a lot of money the first couple years of the PS3.

They fucked up with the Move too when they had to tech to make the Kinect well before Microsoft.

As a whole Sony fucked up more than anyother electronics company post-2000 and no one can deny that.

Microsoft, Google, and Apple all rose up from no where and standardized everything. Sony is still being retard doing this their way.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

@ProfessorEss said:

I don't want Sony to die per se but I do have to wonder if this will finally make them realize that they are no longer the high-end, boutique electronics manufacturer that they were back in the 80's.

I understand being proud of your product and trying to push yourself as a premium brand but a lot of their products no longer back this claim up and it seems most people have realized that their stuff is not worth the price they're asking and that you can can an equal (or often better) product for much less.

If this doesn't wake them the fuck up...then they deserve to fucking crash. Sony has had too many passes and too many second chances.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DharmaBum

Don't worry - PS Smash Bros, LBP Karting, and the Vita will save the day.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mandude

So because you simply don't like something, you would actively wish harm upon them?

At least admit that you're trolling, because the alternative is that you're a dick.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By aurahack

> Disappointed by character roster of a joke party fighting game.

> Consequentially hopes for the unemployment of tens of thousands.

Seems fair.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@mandude said:

So because you simply don't like something, you would actively wish harm upon them?

At least admit that you're trolling, because the alternative is that you're a dick.

Why does it have to be mutually exclusive?

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By yyZiggurat

@BestUsernameEver said:

Competition is always good, hoping a company goes under just because of your own preferences is childish at best.

It' seems like it's something even more trivial than that for him:

"My preorder code doesn't work and Cloud wasn't in PS:Smash-Mascots, I hope this company burns!"

Sony has a ton of mistakes in the years leading up to this, KaosAngel's preorder code among them. Anyone remember the PSP Go?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By colourful_hippie

Collusion!

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ThunderSlash

@yyZiggurat said:

Sony has a ton of mistakes in the years leading up to this, KaosAngel's preorder code among them. Anyone remember the PSP Go?

Nope

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By cornbredx

Kind of like this thread. 
    Junk.  
    This thread is junk is what I'm saying. 

Hating on Sony because you don't like how a game they published came out and basically wishing they would lay off a ton of people.  
    Classy.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I don't get all the economic mumbo jumbo in that article, give me the bottom line Kaos

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KaosAngel

@yyZiggurat said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Competition is always good, hoping a company goes under just because of your own preferences is childish at best.

It' seems like it's something even more trivial than that for him:

"My preorder code doesn't work and Cloud wasn't in PS:Smash-Mascots, I hope this company burns!"

At least you get it. Sony has fucked up so much post-2000, so damn much. It's everything leading up to it. They lost out of every industry they were king but they still acted like kings. Guess what Sony! Apple, Google, and Microsoft walked into and created the god damn future but you guys didn't give a fuck.

Their own arrogance at thinking they are the best is what killed them. All of their little mistakes added up and all their bigger mistakes helped speed it up.

They lost out of MP3 to Apple for not taking the charge, they made the stupid choice of not going into digital but rather push for Blu-Ray, they fucked up the PS3's first couple years, lost out of Kinect when THEY HAD THE FUCKING TECHNOLOGY FOR IT, etc. It all adds up.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Animasta

sorry, you're a dumb this thread is a dumb

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KaosAngel

@AhmadMetallic said:

I don't get all the economic mumbo jumbo in that article, give me the bottom line Kaos

Sony is in a lot of trouble right now. A lot of people will be confirmed to be fired before the year ends and parts of Sony will more than likely be sold or bought off from other companies. Sony will try to salve the best of this in the coming weeks to make sure all the vultures in other tech companies don't take over.

EDIT: This will also have affect on the PS4 without question. Sony has no cash and if you think Sony is going to do some crazy ass future tech again you would be in the wrong.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

Man that's some hysterical-ass vitriol.

Sony's certainly made a lot of missteps during the current console cycle, but they seem to do alright by their users between less invasive advertising, free online play and some pretty great exclusive games. I'm certainly no fanboy but I really don't think they're nearly as malicious as the OP seems to be suggesting (at least when compared to the competition).

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By TheHT

NEW. JUNK. CITY.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#40  Edited By Hailinel

@cannonballBAM said:

@KaosAngel: Someone doesn't like playing Uncharted online.

edit: I have never heard of someone so excited for future unemployment before.

That's KaosAngel for you.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KaosAngel

@FunkasaurasRex said:

Sony's certainly made a lot of missteps during the current console cycle, but they seem to do alright by their users between less invasive advertising, free online play and some pretty great exclusive games.

Sony isn't a gaming company. They are a technology/entertainment company that has money in electronics (which are all failing), mobile (which they fucked up android by not having the current updates in years), etc. The people calling this aren't looking at Sony's gaming division...they look at Sony for what they are as a whole.

As a whole Sony has fucked up more than any other technology company in the past 10 years.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

They have done nothing for gaming? Really? The Uncharted series came out in the last 5 years. I sold my PS3 after Uncharted 2 because someone was offering me a decent amount of money for it and have always enjoyed Xbox and it's exclusives more but no way do I want Sony to die, they are a huge company in Japan that is still struggling after the Tsunami and with no competition to Xbox it wouldn't have enough pressure to step up their shit each year. I don't see how any gamer can be glad Sony is failing.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KaosAngel

@Bourbon_Warrior: Compare the advancements Sony made this generation compared to Microsoft. You can't deny that as a whole Microsoft has pushed forward with standards to the industry that Sony just isn't getting. Again, the stock is not based on PlayStation it's based on the entire company and as a whole Sony has fucked up too much the past 10 years and it's finally gotten to the point where shareholders want change now.

Sony has no cash on hand, lost first place in EVERY electronics division, and struggled to keep the PS3 up to par...and let's not even mention Sony's retarded idea that handhelds are still needed in a post-mobile world.

All of these things are finally added up and it's enough for shareholders.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Karkarov

My only question is why hasn't this thread which is nothing but blatant flame bait and trolling been locked yet?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nekroskop

If Sony backs out of the console business for good, expect even more ads and double the price for gold accounts on the next Mt.Doritobox420.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By mosespippy

Sony's only profitable division right now (and has been for a while) is the Playstation division. A responsible business would close all the non profitable projects, which would currently make Sony a gaming company only.

@Bourbon_Warrior: You're wrong. Uncharted is 5 years and 5 days old.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KaosAngel

@Karkarov said:

My only question is why hasn't this thread which is nothing but blatant flame bait and trolling been locked yet?

Cause it's a serious issue. I don't think you realize just how big news this is to the industry that Sony's stock after being so low has finally hit junk status. This has legit ramifications to the future of Sony and in the coming weeks it'll just get worse. If you knew anything about business and stock you'd understand this.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@KaosAngel: Kind of makes sense all these crazy deals people are getting with PS+ guess Sony just needed some cash up front.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KaosAngel

@mosespippy said:

Sony's only profitable division right now (and has been for a while) is the Playstation division. A responsible business would close all the non profitable projects, which would currently make Sony a gaming company only.

@Bourbon_Warrior: You're wrong. Uncharted is 5 years and 5 days old.

Which is why Sony is damned either way. Either they spend money to fix all their shit (which will cost them to restruction and fire a shit load of people) or they focus more on gaming and they turn into a gloried Nintendo.

Either way, Sony is beyond thin-ice right now and it's starting to sink. Sony has fucked up so much and there is very little they could do to fix this. It'll take years but at this point now they don't have the luxury of years. At best they'll have one year and even that is stretching it...a lot.

You reap what you sow. Sony finally gets hit with what that means.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By Phatmac

Sucks for Sony. They're an incredibly talented company that has some done some unfortunate mistakes. Hopefully they can bounce back from this and go back to their prime of dominating the console market.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.