South Park SOT possibly delayed to February 2014

#1 Edited by Vandal (96 posts) -

Hey guys, I have some bad news.

According to my source in Ubisoft, South Park SOT has been delayed yet again until February 2014. This information comes from the UK so maybe it's just been delayed here but I wouldn't hold out much hope for a US release this year either.

UPDATE: If that wasn't bad enough apparently now it's delayed to March.

UPDATE 2: Turns out it was true, Jeff just updated the release date to March 4th.

#2 Posted by Witzig (334 posts) -

Why do I have a bad feeling that this game is never going to come out?

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

To be honest if this ends up being true i knew this game was not going to come out this year.

2014 year of Ubisoft ?

#4 Edited by Chaser324 (6715 posts) -

I can't find any info backing this up, but I'm inclined to believe it probably is accurate.

#5 Posted by Killercombo (232 posts) -

Did they not give a December date like 3 weeks ago? I am sure "the "Wolf" talked about it: if this is true then my god is the game in trouble.

#6 Edited by Chaser324 (6715 posts) -

@killercombo: They released that December date a little over a month ago.

#7 Edited by Vandal (96 posts) -

@chaser324: From what I heard it was a complete surprise to everyone in the UK and multiple calls to head office in France were made to find out what the hell was going on. It sounds like a complete mess.

#8 Posted by EuanDewar (5090 posts) -

jesus christ

#9 Posted by Hayt (327 posts) -

True or not giving Obsidian more time to work on something is never a bad thing. And I love Obsidian.

#10 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5899 posts) -

Of course it is.

#11 Posted by Xeiphyer (5608 posts) -

That's not very surprising. I just hope it comes out.

This is one of those games that I'll let them take all the time they need to make sure its polished and perfect. I *NEED* this game to be awesome.

#12 Posted by General_Boredom (24 posts) -

Amazon still says December 10th, so I'm going to assume your "source" is full of shit.

#13 Posted by Brodehouse (10105 posts) -

Fuckin' this game is totes broken, innit?

#14 Posted by RoarImaDinosaur (191 posts) -

Sounds like one to stay away from. Isn't this the third time it's been delayed if this turns out to be true?

#15 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

If this is true, what the hell is going on with this game? I though December 10th was a solid date, I hate to see it getting constantly delayed.

Although, I'd rather it be good than a piece of crap.

#16 Edited by wallee321 (104 posts) -

That would be disappointing, on the plus side I'd have till the beginning of March, with only two AAA games to have to worry about; Second Son and this. That would give me a nice chunk of time to work on my backlog.

#17 Posted by Vandal (96 posts) -

@general_boredom: Because release dates never change and Amazon is always the first to know. Right?

#18 Edited by Vandal (96 posts) -

@nekusakuraba: It seems the UK office thought it was a solid date until a few days ago.

#19 Edited by mracoon (4976 posts) -

I added 'possibly' to the thread title because it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. A worrying sign if it has in fact been delayed.

#20 Edited by Vandal (96 posts) -

@mracoon: No problem, understandable as I have no proof. To be honest I hope I've been lied to, but I really doubt it.

#21 Posted by Castiel (2700 posts) -

@vandal said:

Hey guys, I have some bad news.

According to my source in Ubisoft, South Park SOT has been delayed yet again until February 2014. This information comes from the UK so maybe it's just been delayed here but I wouldn't hold out much hope for a US release this year either.

Depending on who your source is, I don't know how serious I need to take this. But the sceptic in me tells me to expect the worst and it fucking sucks cause SoT was the last game of the year I really looked forward to playing.

Goddammit Ubisoft! Stop torturing me!

I guess I have to play Arkham Origins instead.

#22 Posted by Morningstar (2225 posts) -
#23 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

2014- The Year of the Delay

#24 Posted by cmblasko (1317 posts) -

That's fine if true. I hope they take their time with it and give it the attention it needs. As history shows, rushing an Obsidian game to release before it is ready is a really bad idea.

#25 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -

I wasn't too interested in this game, so if true this isn't too devastating for me. I understand it's going to be a bummer for a lot of people though.

#26 Posted by spraynardtatum (3489 posts) -

This is Ubisoft? Yeah it's delayed

#27 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

Dude is right game got delayed.

#28 Posted by ThePickle (4189 posts) -

This is getting me concerned. Everything I've heard about this game has been positive and it is motherfucking Obsidian. But a lot of delays is never a good thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.